Menu
Weight Watchers International
reviews & complaints

Weight Watchers International
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

121 complaints
30 resolved 91 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Weight Watchers International. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:06 pm

Weight Watchers International - Fresh meals

They sold me a program for fresh meal delivery. WW collected my money and their partner never returned calls.
WW refused to refund the $80+ they (WW) collected.
I have tried since 2019. They cannot use COVID as an excuse.
Then they have false advertising. They claim to have programs for everyone, but there are LIMITED options that you only learn after you enroll. It took multiple phone calls to finally get that money refunded.
They seem to have a lot of false advertising

Desired outcome: Refund

Weight Watchers International - Billing for lifetime members

I have been a lifetime member since 1986. The "rule" was always weigh in anytime once per month below goal weight and it is free. Now, it seems this rule has changed. I must now weigh in before my next billing date or I am charged. I weighed in at a studio in September, October, November and December. My billing date was the first of the month. So, I didn't weigh in on or before the first, and I got charged. Especially, with the limited hours of studios, this is ridiculous. But, even when this isn't the case, as a lifetime member, I should be able to weigh in on any day during the month and not have to pay. I have had to work with Customer Service and my studio every single month (with different answers from whomever I was talking to). But, if I understand the person today, if I don't weigh in before my billing date, I will be charged. She changed my billing date from the first to the 14th. But, if I weigh in before the 14th (say the 5th), then my new date will be 30 days from the 5th and I am again stuck with trying to weighed in before the 5th. And if I can only weigh in on the 2nd (because of the very short hours of the studio), my new billing date with be the 2nd. I will try this for one more month, but, if I am stuck again, I am quitting WW after a very long association. Make the rule what it was before.

Desired outcome: Revert to the old rule. Lifetime members can weigh in on ANY day during the month and it is free if at or below goal weight.

J
10:41 am

Weight Watchers International - Fitness tracker connection

I am a long term Samsung phone, fitness, health and smartwatch user. I've been extremely disappointed I cannot earn points for my steps and workouts.

You finally add apple connection, but I'm still out in the cold. Without my fitness connection, I hate this new program. More tracking, less points and absolutely no incentive to keep it up. I've had great success, but won't renew unless I can get old plan back!

Desired outcome: Old plan restored or add Samsung smartwatch asap

E
3:48 pm

Weight Watchers International - Ww Mac and cheese potato sticks

When I order multiple boxes they are sent in one big box. This is fine but in some bags there is say 40 chips and in some I have gotten only 15 or 20. I weighed the bags and the smaller one is nowhere near the stated weight.

Also ordering anything chocolate in the summer is a joke. Everything is totally melted.
I spend a lot of money on these products and expect more from WW.

[email protected]

R
9:47 am

Weight Watchers International - Weight Loss Services

I signed up for a month free service December 2020. I was unable to log into my account. I tried calling the number provided on the website. I got a message saying due to covid cancellations were to be handled on line. Every time I tried to go online and use my email, the site stated it did not recognize my account, However the site and company had no problem deducting $49.00 from my bank account every month once the free month had expired. I just called today and got a real person to cancel my account. I asked for a refund of the $49.00 that had been deducted from my account ( 6/30/2021) for the month of July. I was told that since there was no record of my ever calling in to cancel my account they could not refund the $49.00. No kidding, there is no record all I got was a recording,
I have been a loyal weight watchers customer for the last 28 years, taking a few years off here and there. I feel Weight Watchers has become highly disreputable as to their customer service and customer problem resolutions.
I basically have been charged $49.00 per month for March. April, May, June snd July with no avenue to cancel my subscription nor any means to obtain a refund. I am retired and on a fixed income. This is a great deal of money to me. This is a shoddy way to do business. After 28 years and referring 5-6 people to Weight Watchers, I will never use or recommend them again. The program may work but the problem resolution team takes care of Weight Watchers bank account and not their customers.

Disgusted in Tennessee
Rosemary Elkins

Desired outcome: None/ No refund for six months of not being able to log in to obtain services on either my computer or phone app. Money taken from my bank account . No services provided

7:54 pm

Weight Watchers International - Sign Up Disservice

When I signed up on April 25th, I had spoken with a rep prior to signing up and I spoke to one on the day of, I believe. Both reps indicated that I would receive a welcome kit with coupons and a small waffle iron or something like that. When I went to the in person meeting, they confirmed that I should receive it and that it would come in the mail. I should have known something was wrong because I have waited almost a month. When I didn't receive anything, I called WW and that was the first time I was told that the promotion was Saturday and Monday and I signed up on the Sunday between, why did none of the reps tell me this, yet told me to expect the kit. I am hurt, livid and I feel misled. Customer Service is EVERYTHING, I have worked in public fields and customer relations since a teenager and into my adulthood, it still baffles me and enrages me that representatives can do such a poor job at showing care, courtesy and looking out for the customer. It is upsetting and misleading, I am very angry, I joined WW during a promotion and yet I was done a disservice by the representatives omitting information that would have been beneficial to me. I was so looking forward to my kit, I even told friends about it. I am so disappointed and feel like maybe it is intentional so that WW doesn't have to give out too many kits. It's cruel and misleading, ESPECIALLY because I was told to expect the kit in the mail. If I didn't call I would have just kept waiting wondering what happened. And to be told there is nothing that can be done. This is WW, I find that preposterous! I am truly hurt, disappointed and upset! Shame on WW and the reps!

Desired outcome: My kit or something suitable

A
10:56 am

Weight Watchers International - Cancellation of service

I am writing to complain about WW Intl. I have been trying for SEVERAL MONTHS about trying to cancel my account. I can never get in contact with anyone and they keep charging my account even though I have gone one the site and tried to cancel that way as well. This is very frustrating that I may have to close my account just so that they stop taking funds out. I would like this resolved as soon as possible and the money to be returned to my account for at least the last 6 months that I have been trying to cancel.

M
4:22 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In January 2019, I joined WWI under a special promotion, so I could encourage my mom (already a member), as she prepared for hip surgery. Upon joining, I agreed for WWI to make (3) consecutive monthly charges to my Visa debit card in the amount of $29.96. My account was charged in January, February and March, 2019. Needless to say, I was only able to attend...

B
2:45 pm

Weight Watchers International - Cancel of our groups

We are a group of 20 approx seniors in pennsylvania. Ambridge, we had a beautiful at work type group for seniors whom could not travel, had disabilities and could not drive getting healthy and attending faithfully for one year the meetings suddenly they canceled our group not concern about seniors or people that cannot get to drive or o my god 4 hour trip back and forth on a bus they did not care, just canceled our group so handicapped people cannot go to this organization or what they call workshops.
This is sad that they are so unconcerned to do this. If they truly were in the business to make people healthy they would have kept this open for people like us. They have canceled all the local programs around previous baden, sewickley, now ambridge. We are done with them and now don't buy any of the products or their service and many of our church friends also are boycotting them now. They could have kept this 45-minute program for us.

4:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a Weight Watchers frozen entree for lunch today (see pictures) and I bit down on a hard object while eating it (see picture). I am lucky I did not break a tooth. I have eaten Weight Watchers frozen entrees for years, including this variety and I have never experienced anything like this. We are in a pandemic and if I had broken a tooth, all dentists offices are closed.

G
11:18 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As a lifetime member from the late 70s early 80s, I attempted to re-enroll on the weight watchers website on 1/23/20. The online enrollment fee included a $20.00 registration fee, which as a lifetime member I should never have to repay!!! So I made a call to the 800 WW no. and was told I needed to go to a local studio and get some kind of code or voucher in...

A
1:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Was a lifetime member. Never ate their brand-name convenience products, just whole food, homemade ingredients. I found that the teacher couldn't answer simple nutritional questions, and the program only accommodates "mainstream" people who eat typical American foods. Teachers in different classrooms dispensed different information and different support...

P
6:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a lifetime member. I went back in Sept 2018. The program had changed. I left the meeting with the understanding that I had signed up for a 3 month fee. I was not given any information at the meeting in West Edmonton regarding how many points I could eat per day nor what my daily point target/ day was. The consultants said that once I went home and...

L
9:15 am

Weight Watchers International - ww membership

I am less than 1 month into subscription and emailed them asking to cancel as I simply could not afford the payments.

They have point blank refused and insisted payments need to continue until April next year without negotiation. I find it incredible that a non credit contract such as WW where I have not bought anything can continue to force people to pay.

G
10:31 pm

Weight Watchers International - membership

My friend, [removed] and I both signed up on our phone for WW membership. WE DID NOT UNDERSTAND that we were signing for a year commitment without the option of cancellation. We are both Francophones and the information was all in english. We are trying to cancel and everybody has been rude to us. All we want to do is to not pay into this anymore so we can put that money toward a gym membership. Why is it so hard to do? You can at least ask us to pay a penalty like to pay a month extra but to refuse to cancel and keep charging us for a product we are not using is really taking advantage of people.
Today, [removed] made the call ( October 29th) the girl on the phone was not talking. She was answering by mono syllables. Very intimidating. Judy kept saying hello, are you there? She would barely answer and then hung up. AFter that, I went on chat with someone who also told me that there was nothing she could do. I find that very hard to understand. She kept telling me about new products coming in November, I told her to keep it for other cause I was not interested. She closed the chat conversation without giving me a chance to finish. I thought it was very rude.
I do not have a photo of the conversation but I did rate the conversation right after it happened. Can we just please just cancel and not be charge for the next year for a product we are not using?
[name removed] ([email protected]) [removed]
[removed] 587-897-5839

L
6:03 pm

Weight Watchers International - vegetables enchiladas bowl

Mostly rice with a few beans and corn thrown in. If I ate this I'd be eating about a half cup of white rice void of any nutritional value the box (pictured) shows the opposite of what is in it. It is literally a bit more than a half cup of food.
I called to complain but they would only offer me coupons. I will never buy ww products again so this doesn't help me. This is also based on my purchase of your breakfast burritos. Used to be good now just mainly white tortilla with a couple tablespoons (maybe) of filling.
My address in case you'd like to send me a check
Laura von Kampen
1077 Rich ave apt 5
Mtn view CA 94040

You should be ashamed of yourselves

7:23 am

Weight Watchers International - auto renew; membership renewal no subject [#6138041]

I requested they did not auto renew but they still charged me.

WW have charged me a monthly fee again without warning or approval.

I do not approve auto renewal.

This is the second time you have done this. Please STOP IT!

As I informed you at my last renewal, November 2018, I am a Vitality member and wish to renew using their promotion code (WW promotion code: 8-53-2662-171575505).

Please refund the £21.45 charged below

M
4:14 pm

Weight Watchers International - email unsubscribe option

I am no longer a member of Weight Watchers. While I was a member, I unsubscribed from the daily email spam that the company issues. Upon cancelling my subscription, I started receiving daily emails advertising the company. There is no unsubscribe option. When I log into the site, there is no unsubscribe option.

I have called the company and filed a complaint and asked to be removed from their mailing list. I continue to receive emails. It is illegal in Canada to not abide by such requests.

I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if I continue to receive emails from this company.

R
6:04 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a lifetime member who attends the Bayshore NY location. In May my daughter wanted to join. We joined together and I was surprised that the mobtly pass is not offered for teenagers. I reluctantly let her join even though I thought the $15 a week is a little steep especially for her not to have access to the WW app. We have been coming every week but...

T
6:35 am

Weight Watchers International - weight watchers at home

I signed up for the WW at home package in mid may. I paid €80 and collected all the books etc from the head office.

My complaint is about the lack of support from customer service.Ive been finding it difficult to lose the weight this time around.Ive lost 6 pounds over 12 weeks but I stated at the beginning I wanted to lose 10-14 pounds. One week I gained 3 pounds and was told "oh well"

Last week after a gain, and feeling frustrated over lack of any sort of helpful imput I said I was going to join a different group.The agent Martina said they would review my tracker and to stick with it. So I sent in my tracker.. and her imput was..."Your weight is fine for your height so you should just think about maintanance now.
I know my own body, I know what weight I should be..I made it clear when I started what I wanted to lose
I find it staggering that a weight loss company would tell someone to stop trying as it would be too hard.Ive used ww to great success in the past. I dont know whats happened but you have gone way downhill. This is the last week of my payment plan. I will not be continuing.. next week Im joining slimming world.

Weight Watchers International contacts