WC Value PlusHow to cancel WC Value plus!

J

I received call offering a coupon savings book for only one dollar and they already had my information said they were associated w/ visa. It was near Christmas and i thought the saving would be nice so i give it a try. WC VALUE PLUS charged me a dollar never sent anything to me. Month and a half later they charged me another 19.95 for nothing. This is obviously a scam if you have this problem you can call [protected] and cancel your acct.

sally Jan 06, 2007

Have been charged for months 19.95 call and call no help they keep charging month after month. How do I stop them?

• To
    tomeka robinson Jan 16, 2007

I was also told that i would receive a walmart card that was worth 25.00 after purchasing a how to get started on e bay kit. and was told to log on to www.valueplusonline.com to claim my card and i was directed here i am glad that i found the complaints area and the true number to cancel the service because in my letter the number is different it shows as 1-888-642-0241. thank god that i stumbled across this site in time and saw all of the complaints of others !! I will be cancelling this offer asap!! thank you to all who have previously posted. Your complaints you've saved me!

• Ke
    Kevin Jan 19, 2007

The customer service number for Value Plus is 1-888-642-0241, you can call them to cancel and hopefully they will refund your money, they did for me.

• Ni
    Nicole Coleman Jan 26, 2007

These people latch on like leeches and do not want to let go. But I have been able to cancel using the number provided. Thank You for the information I have no idea where they got my info.

• Ph
    Phillip C. Wood Jan 29, 2007

Alright. There are a couple of things to do. Easiest way is to call the company at the number listed multiple times on here. 1-800-475-1942. After you do so, tell them you want to cancel, and you'd like your refund. Make sure, that they give you a member number. After that check on www.memberstatus.com probably every couple of days and keep on them.

cathy skalla Feb 16, 2007

I just discovered I have been the unwitting victim of this company for the last 19 months! They began electronically debiting my checking account for $19.95 each month. Having read the complaints in this website, it appears this is a longterm, widespread scam. I never gave my checkcard number to this company directly, so they somehow ' obtained' my number through some other means. VISA and my issuing bank will only go back 60 to 120 days to issue a provisional refund. The company is in Minn. and their website www.JoinValuePlus.com cleverly exempts residents of their home state from doing business with them. When I called the Attorney General office in Minn. I was told the most effective way to complain is through my own state's Attor. Gen. office since they become an advocate on behalf of their residents in these matters. I was also told to go to IC3.gov online , which I have not yet done,but will do after I finish this letter. So to all those who have been victimized by this outfit, file a complaint with your Attor. Gen. office, the Fraud Hotline, your bank and /or credit card company to get the word out. Also, if your newspaper or a local tv station has a consumer complaint dept. - call them. They may be able to do for you what VISA, MASTERCARD or your bank won't, which is get your money back!

• Ml
    M. Lopez Feb 22, 2007

Yes, me too ... never agreed to anything written, verbal, email yet somehow they managed to debit my credit card with a monthly purchase charge. When I called their 800 number I asked them to provide me with proof that I authorized this service and said that if this was an authorized purchase that I would have received something in the mail re this membership ... They got cocky w/ me

• Vi
    Victor Harris Feb 27, 2007

I would like to thank you all I got my canceled before they could charge me anymore.

• Me
    Megan Mar 01, 2007

I'm not even sure what this is, but I was charged with WC *VALUE PLUS on my debit account.. and was like what?? So i searched it on google and got this. Thank god! I called the number and cancelled thank you so much!

• Lh
    LHancock Mar 04, 2007

I have been charge on my discover card for 2-$16.95 charges which was not authorized. I do not know how they got my # nor who they are. I have talked with Discover and they are crediting my account and investigating fraud.

Candida Soltero Mar 09, 2007

Yes, I absolutely agree. I have called 3 times to have this value plus cancelled. Each time I'm told that it has been cancelled and I will receive my confirmation e-mail. I have yet to receive it. When I call to make sure that my cancellation has been posted I'm told that my account is still active. I finally was able to speak to a manager and again I was reassured that this time my account will be terminated and I will receive a confirmation e-mail. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Can someone help me get these people to cancel this account!

Candida Soltero Mar 15, 2007

Once again I called to verify that my account has been cancelled and I was told NO! What the hell is going on her. When I spoke to the manager she could not answer any of my questions. I came back on this site to see if I could find more info about how to cancel and I saw a different number then what I was calling. The lady on the other end of the line was GREAT! She actually gave me a confirmation number. Whereas, the others would not provide me with on. They just kept telling to wait for my email confirmation and or call back. I hope it works this time. Thank you for posting this other number.

• St
    Stanley A. Johnson Apr 02, 2007

Have you heard from the Federal Trade Commission? I am about to complain to them.

• Do
    Doug Franklin Apr 03, 2007

Hahaha 19 months. Can you really point a finger at someone else for not checking your account for the past 19 months? I'm sorry to say it but honestly look at how many people have problems and how many threaten to sue yet the company is still ticking. They don't pull numbers out of thin air. Your either on recording or have an electronic sig. somewhere and judging by the length of time it took you to figure this out you probably didn't know what you were doing in the first place. Pretty pointless but complain complain all you want it won't do a darn thing.

• Lu
    Lura N. Marshall Apr 05, 2007

Yes, I too have tried to cancel WC Value plus. Again today I was told that they would send me a form to fill out to get my refund. I have already paid 3 times at $16.95. Now this month it would be again, I will deduct this month and see what happens. (That will not work either because I pay off the full amount to avoid interest charges.

NORMAN R. ROBINSON May 15, 2007

Wc value have taking over 119.00 off my visa credit card unauthorized. I know nothing about this company and don't know how they gotten my credit information. I have been calling them for my refund letter but still haven't received one in the mail. Somebody need to make a stop to this scam business. These people are stealing our personal information away from us as it's okay for them too.

• Me
    Meg Jun 15, 2007

I called the number listed 1-800-475-1942, and she canceled my account and issued a refund that will be credited to my account. She told me that I would receive a confirmation email today.

• Ke
    Kenney Smith Jun 20, 2007

I have two unauthorized charges made to me credit card by this company. I am not sure how they managed to obtain my credit card number. Thank God I am able to stop the second transaction from going through. The first one did and was reversed. This company needs to be put out of business for their illegal actions of obtaining customers credit number over the internet and using it at their will.

Mary Smith Jun 25, 2007

I have called for 2 months now asked them who and what r they told me they would refund my money but instead charged me for another month!!!

And I still don't know who they are, all they told me was I would get refund when billing cycle was due again.

• Gr
    GRACIELA MARTINEZ Jul 17, 2007

I am having problems with charges in the credit card. this is the second one i have in two months. Can I present changers against this store. (sorry my English is not so good. if so, can you tell me how, I'm living in Zapopan, Mexico and this is the first time I have this problem.

Hope you can help me in this matter.

Sara Johnson Jul 25, 2007

So I have had to change my debit card twice now and I am not sure how they are getting my debit number... I am in Oregon and the number next to there charge is different than the number everyone else is showing. This is crazy 16.95 a month really adds up.

Charles Cummings Sep 15, 2007

All, here is the website where you can go to cancel valueplus without having to call the phone number.....

I didn't get my cancellation email yet but I did make a copy of the cancellation page for proof. Either way, I have cancelled it.

• Il
    ilya a nosonov sr Sep 25, 2007

I don't know how they did it. The charged me 19.95 each month. I noticed this 4 months later checking my c/c. Watch them. Somehow they get your c/c number and charge you without permission. The total lost is $80. Now i am trying to dispute them. I hope it will work!

lisa ODonnell Sep 29, 2007

i want my money back in my account or i will go to the news paper and also turn you in for fraud i gave no one permission to take out 16.95 out of my debit account i will be calling monday morning to get to the end of this stealing no one steals from me and gets away with it i work to hard for my money and maybe you should to instead of stealing other peoples money

• He
    Heather Moyer Nov 26, 2007

I had gotten a call from a company offering me a discount on magazines they had all my account information... never received a magazine but got an add in the mail for WC Value Plus... started seeing charges on my account that I had no idea about. Never received a promised gift card and called to cancel but never got a confirmation number. Don't trust either of these people, its a rip off!

Linda K Marcolini Nov 26, 2007

i never gave authorization to my bank account i have tried for days to cancel the 2 accounts the cheapticket gave out my credit card number to. I want a full refund and my account canceled but you can't get anyone on the phone and they tell you to go to www.programstop.com and all you can do is post your comments. I want to cancel!!!!!!!!!!

• Th
    T. Hawk Nov 26, 2007

WC *HOMEPLAY 800-566-8640 MN and WC *VALUE PLUS 800-475-1942 MN

These two rat owned business work in tandum likely with many other deceitful vermin. I called the #1942 phone number and spoke with their so called "legitimate" calling service to ask why these disgusting demons have been stealing money from my account. She (Alexandria/Alexander #019188) said she will cancel my account and send me a confirmation e-mail. As well, since the charges were more than $50.00, she is sending me a form I need to complete and mail to some other agency requesting a refund. I told her "I'll believe it when I see it." I also told her I hardly believe anything coming out of her mouth because she works for such deplorable dogs.

Frankly, the ### that lead these crooked ventures and those who continue to allow them the dark corners to hide, like the so called calling service, are simply receptors and snakes who take advantage of those who unfortunately placed trust in them. I am guilty of this fact; I should have known better. Now, during this holiday season, these disgusting creatures are lurking about waiting to pounce on another unsuspecting person. I urge you to exercise caution for the presence of such thieves like Homeplay and Value Plus because they are out there earnestly searching to dupe someone.

• Ro
    Robert Pou Dec 05, 2007

It seems that even though I refused the offer when this company call, I was still charged the $19.95 for 2 months. I called the number on my statement to cancel. I didn't receive any coupons or discounts. I think a class action suit should be brought against the company. Be aware, very aware!

• Gl
    Gloria E. Gagnon Dec 15, 2007

I have cancel my membership over a month ago and you are still charging to my credit card I have no used for it and cannot afford it So kindly cancel it and please confirm it on line .And I was told that I could cancel anytime I wanted to and please I would appreciate my money back I have never used that membership.

My SUBSCRIBER NUMBER

Further action will be taken if this in not solved.

• Aa
    A. Abner Jan 13, 2008

PLEASE - ALL OF YOU FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (615-699-1111) & THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.

• Aa
    A. Abner Feb 05, 2008

This company fraudulently took money from my account, and thankfully I noticed it immediately. I specifically told the salesman "no." The way to get your money back is to write a letter to the company notifying them of your complaint, your desire to cancel & demand your money back - send it certified mail. Send it to the company responsible for WC Value Plus:

Provell
    1100 Wayzata Blvd
    Suite 680
    Minneapolis, MN 55305

Also send a copy of the letter to the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota & North Dakota (651-699-1111). Their address is:

2706 Gannon Rd
    Saint Paul, MN 55116

The director of consumer affairs at Provell/WC Value Plus is Michael J. Murphy. He will probably send a letter back saying that you placed an order & provided "electronic signature authorization" (which is a lie), but they will refund your money.

You can also send a copy of your complaint to the Federal Trade Commission at:

The FTC cannot get your money back, so it is still important to send letters to Provell & the BBB. But the FTC needs to be notified about these fraudulent business practices.

• To
    Tom Z Feb 15, 2008

I caught the charges early. When I called they said that I am still within the trial period. I called both 1-800-475-1942 and 1-888-642-0241 to cancel my account. Hopefully one of these gets it right and I am not charged again. Both said they would send me a confirmation e-mail. I just got off the phone with them.

Both numbers asked me to verify my last name and zip code. The first number asked my to verify my first name and address. The second number read the information back to me and asked if it was correct.

We'll see what happens. I will definitely post a follow up.

• Ri
    richard knight Feb 16, 2008

Do not know company and i have not authorized charges to my account. How did they get my account number? Charges are 19.95 each month.

• Da
    Dale Johnson Mar 10, 2008

This company has been charging my charge card unauthorized for a couple of months an I cannot get it stopped.

• Je
    Jenniifer St. John Mar 12, 2008

For months I have had unauthorized charges on my credit card from WC Value Plus. I don't not know who they are and never recall signing up for their services. I googled them and thought I canceled whatever account I was being charged for. These charges are still appearing on my account. I canceled my credit card and the charges are still appearing. I am very upset by these charges and this group, WC Value Pus has to be a bunch of crooks. I am having difficulty finding them and need to know how I can get rid of these charges.

• Er
    e ricohermoso Mar 21, 2008

I have been charge by this company for the last 7 months without getting anything,

LINDA LOWN Mar 28, 2008

I WISH TO CANCEL MY ORDER ON THIS . SINCERLY LINDA LOWNTHANKYOU

• Ju
    Julie A Jolliffe May 23, 2008

I called 800-475-1942 and spoke with a rep. They took my information and cancelled this account.

• Cl
    CLAUDETTE I. MARTIJN Aug 04, 2008

I am encountering a similar problem with this value plus!
    they lure you into allot of great deals, then they send you this Value Plus Membership Confirmation email. i read everything about a monthly fee and sent to 'UNSUBSCRIBE IMMEDIATELY!
    Not once but two or three times to make sure, they got the message!

Even so they charged me last month $16, 95 and (june) and again in July! well i am FUMING and i sent them a 'complaint of FRAUD'. i went to my bank, and they closed my card, and they will try to retrieve the two false transactions.
    i fortunately use a 'debit card' so they won't be able to retrieve any more money. unfortunately for 'credit card' users, your bank MUST BE ABLE to either 'block' this value plus, or put in a complaint against your BANK, IF THEY ARE HELPLESS TO DO ANYTHING! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

• Ge
    George L Ferandes Aug 15, 2008

Please cancel and return a refund. Do not recall ever signing up for whatever this program is all about. Acknowledge

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices