Menu

J
Author of the complaint
2:35 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed my order for the Ulibarri L Shape Desk Order #[protected] on 7/23/20. Your web-site indicated that the item was in stock. Other items were ordered as well over the next day or two and all have arrived. Apparently the desk is not available yet and the scheduled delivery continues to be postponed now indicating that I will be updated as of August 28, 2020. During this time, I also noticed that the price of the desk had dropped to $399. I reached out to customer service and received a follow up call from Matt who was very nice. Unfortunately, he was only ito confirm what I already knew and also said that it is not the policy of Wayfair to adjust the price once the item has been sold. I honestly question the ethics of this. I have paid a higher price for an item that it is not in stock nor available for shipment. This makes no sense. I have owned my own retail store for more than 30 years and would never handle this in such fashion (my customers would simply not do business with me anymore). I can see if I had already rec'd the item. But in this case, I haven't and I am now being told that I can not cancel the order without paying an additional fee. I am being penalized with paying a higher price for an item I don't have and will have to pay more if I cancel the order. I would hope that someone with some common sense would review this for me. I am beyond perplexed at this point.

More Wayfair complaints & reviews