Menu

complaints

Wayfair Complaints Summary

10 Resolved
316 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Wayfair with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Wayfair has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Wayfair. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Wayfair complaints 326

Sort by:

Newest Wayfair complaints

7:50 pm EST

Wayfair wayfair credit card

i got approved for a Wayfair credit card and when i went to make my first purchase they cancelled my order and said they flagged it for suspicious activity! i contacted a representative in regards to this matter and was told to contact the bank to confirm that the shipping and billing address where the same which i did and was told i was good to go! so i placed another order and the same thing happen! now i'm being told there is no way i can get the flag removed from my account and i have to pay in another way but i still have my line of credit on my Wayfair card! this is the worse shopping experience i have ever had!

N
N
NanaSandra
Sep 25, 2018 6:13 am EDT

accepted Wayfair offer of 0% interest IF paid in full in 6 months. NEVER RECEVED A STATEMENT or CREDIT CARD. Repeated calls and emails to Wayfair and Comenity Bank (handles their credit cards) with no statement or card. Tried to make payments but told "without account number (ie credit card) can't make payment". Did not receive a statement for 7 months and it had no detail just amount owed. 11 months later, I still do not have a detailed statement of charges. have received threatening calls from Comenity Bank and harassment (repeatedly calling numerous times a day). Bought less than $800. in merchandise and they now say I owe $2100.. Company is a low end wholesaler gaming people with offers of PAY NO INTEREST with no intentions of sending statements until the no interest period is up.

5:54 am EDT

Wayfair purchase chest

The online description listed the wrong color. When it arrived I called, after an hour on the line they confirmed that the website was incorrect and it doesn't come in the color ordered. The said they would email me a label. After a few days without the email, I went back to the site and attached to the account was a fed ex label. I had to call back. After nearly another hour of waiting, I explained that this label didn't include pick up and I can not Carry or transport furniture. I asked for ups pick. They said they would email me that label. Of course they didn't and out of no where a ups driver shows up at my door. They also promised 10% off a future order but that never happen. Here's the kicker...I hav to call back again...they never credited the full amount that I paid. I don't know if they are trying to charge me for the return, but over $37 they kept. Horrible customer service

pobarjenkins
Minneapolis, US
Nov 01, 2017 2:08 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You may need to call them when placing your future order so that you can receive the 10% off as they may not have a coupon or credit feature for customer satisfaction discounts. In regards to the amount they kept, that sounds like it may be the price of return shipping costs. It was most likely a mistake and they should credit it back to you.

7:44 am EDT

Wayfair not worth of trying

They the worst of the worst ones. I have never dealt with someone like them. They flagged every single order I made and it caused me a lot of problems with my cards I used for doing it. I always use my two cards but this site won't accept them. I phoned their customer service but they were absolutely useless and I just hung up on them. Won't buy from them anymore

8:06 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair sectional couch

Order # [protected]
Amber wood reversible chaise sectional
The sectional was delivered on 6/26/17 appointment 12p -4p
I paid for the white glove service
When the sectional was delivered the company GLB Soutions would not
Assemble the couch because it would take over 45 min. I called wayfair right away and spoke with Joseline Belanger, who assured me that they would have a local handyman come out and assemble the couch.
The date of the appointment was Thursday 6/29/17 11a -12p Leo solutions.
Thursday no one came because YOUR company canceled the appointment.
I called wayfair that day and spoke with Emily Bergen who refunded my orginal assembly fee as well as extra because local handymen charge more, $200 total...he couldn't make it until Sunday which made me even more anxious because my Hoa does not want workmen in the community on weekends. Leo was able to finally assemble the sectional and charged $200 only to find the cushion attached to chaise was discolored sent pictures to Emily.
If the sectional had been assembled on the delivery date I could have written it on the delivery slip that that the cushion was damaged! ! ! Emily said she would have someone in authority call me to help get this issue resolved. To date I have not heard from ANYONE.
I HAVE BEEN A GOOD CUSTOMER ORDERING MANY PRODUCTS: comforters, night tables, couch, entryway bench & rugs and more. I hope to hear from a Manger. What am supposed to do about the cushion?

Kathy Melideo [protected]

12:57 am EDT

Wayfair your anti-american position against our real american president trump

I've seen your advertisements and considered them. Until I learned of your subversive corporate mentally against our president trump. A wise corporate mentality would be to stay the hell out of it. A correct assumption is your company still supports that thieving, mu-slime, lying ghetto pig obama bin laden and his politics.
I'm writing to let you know that I will never ever utilize your company and many of my friends and family feel the same. I believe you will loose tens of thousands because of your two year old temper tantrum attitude because the best man won and hope has returned to america.
Your company can go straight to hell, and I pray quickly

3:08 am EDT

Wayfair extremely unprofessional

I bought 4 pillows from www.wayfair.com online store over two months ago and received nothing yet. When I contacted Wayfair for the first time they assured me my order was shipped but later I received a message stating that it was on backorder.
Customer service rep said that they will fix everything but they need some extra time to do that. After about two weeks of waiting there was still no decision and no option offered so I decided to cancel my order. I was shocked when they said that cancellation was impossible!
They said that I'll get my order but they don't know when and asked me to wait patiently. That is absolutely ridiculous! These people can't tell anything and they are extremely unprofessional. Better shop elsewhere.

1:56 am EST

Wayfair I bought two rugs

I bought two rugs from www.wayfair.com website and received only one. It was nice and looked exactly like I expected. But there still was a problem - second rug was missing. I contacted Wayfair and their rep said that it was no longer available so they sent only one rug and promised me a refund.
They said that they need few days to process a refund, but even after a week of waiting there was no sign of my money! And every time I contacted Wayfair they said that they need more time. I asked for some reasonable explanation but they were not able to explain anything. I am very disappointed with this store.

Y
2:26 am EDT

Wayfair what kind of service is this??

I have purchased a sofa from www.wayfair.com and not only I received the wrong color one but there also was a huge stain!
I contacted customer service and they said that they can't give me a replacement because that was the last model they had. Then I asked for a full refund and they said that they need some time to discuss and think of what to do.
No one contacted me back and when I decided to call myself they said that they can't refund me! Ridiculous scam!

5:26 am EDT

Wayfair be very cautious when buying from wayfair.

Wanted to return a product which I did not like. It looked nothing like pictures and not what I expected it to be, so I asked for a refund. Wayfair refused to give my money back and said that since there was no damage or defect they were not able to refund me. Well, it was not my problem. Yes, the product was not damaged, but it also did not met my expectations and when I paid I wanted to see something completely different. Asked them many times, but they refused and said that it was their final decision. Very poor customer service and totally unreliable company.

1:04 am EDT

Wayfair one chair was missing and they refused to help

Before placing my order I contacted Wayfair customer care and asked about the set I was interested in. I really loved one table and wanted it in my dining room, but I was wondering about the chairs. The rep told me that yes, it was a full dining room set which included one table and four chairs. Seemed like a great deal so I placed an order. When my order arrived one chair was missing! I immediately contacted Wayfair and asked them about the missing chair and they said "sorry, but there were only three chairs left". What? No, really, what? That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I'll never order anything from them again.

R
4:08 am EST

Wayfair awful!

There policy states that it is possible to return defective items, but these people do not honor their own policy! I've ordered 4 things and the first three came straight away and were ok. The last item arrived only few days ago and was damaged. When I contacted Wayfair they refuse to give replacement or refund me! They didn't care! Worst company ever! I will never order anything from them again!

A
6:50 am EST

Wayfair not happy

I recently moved into a new house and decided to buy some new furniture. I went online and found Wayfair website. I really liked their products and prices. I've ordered a really cute rug and everything seemed fine until it arrived. The rug I received was great and very beautiful, but it was not the rug that I ordered. I decided to return it because it didn't go with my room. I contacted customer service and then sent the rug back to them. I also paid over $40 for the return shipping. I'm still waiting for a replacement, but since I returned it I heard nothing from the company. Doesn't look like I will be ordering from them anymore.

R
11:50 pm EDT

Wayfair prices

I went to their website for the first time and was going thru all clearance items. I came to a roman window shade in green only at $5.61+6.Dollars and some change for my size. But when I went to order the price was over $30.00. I called and told them the problem. She said the $5 price was wrong. Their error and she was sorry. So watch what price you are really being charged. I won't be ordering anything from them for sure.

V
8:13 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wayfair shipping nightmare

Ordered wall tiles for a customer's bathroom June 18th, 2015. Paid for fastest shipping option, and the lady over the phone said to me it would be delivered to me 100% by the 24th. I called the 22nd and 23rd just to make sure it was still on schedule, they said it was. Then I get an e-mail the 24th at night, not a phone call, stating that they had to change the shipping and it wouldn't be to me until the beginning of July! This is completely unacceptable as I had the tile guy lined up to install it all and it was not ready. Will never use this company and I advise everyone to stay away because their customer service lies through their teeth!

I
11:21 am EST

Wayfair seller provides incorrect info on the website

I ordered set of one table and six chairs from the website www.wayfair.com. I paid about $700 for the order and delivery. The seller provided the confirmation email and set the delivery date. But the delivery man provided only table without chairs. I contacted the seller and he told me that the order consisted of table only. He told me that I wasn’t attentive, when I placed the order, and he refused to return money. But the website provided fake info. Be careful if you order from them and read everything before place the order.

7:46 pm EDT

Wayfair Deceptive return policy

CSN describes a "no problem" return policy. They actually charge almost half the price of each item you are returning as a shipping and handling charge even if all the items were shipped together in one box.

I have purchased from numerous online retailers and they all accept returns with a minor restocking fee. CSN has numerous complaints published regarding this exact situation. The fees are charged whether you accept store credit or ask for a refund so either way, you pay for the item so they can resell it at full price. They make me ashamed to be from Massachusetts.

Read full review of Wayfair and 2 comments
2 comments
DAVID BEAUCHENE
Aug 24, 2011 6:53 pm EDT

csn stores SUCK ROYALLY

DAVID BEAUCHENE
Aug 24, 2011 6:52 pm EDT

yes I had a problem about sending back an air conditioner i had ordered from sears.com but I was not able bring back to a sears store to return because it was shipped by csn stores, sears gave me the customer service stores I CALLED THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE # IT IS TOATALLY BS IT TOOK THEM 3 WEEKS TO GET ME A SHIP BACK BACK RECEIPT VIA EAMIL TO SEND IT BACK THIS ONLY BECAUSE I CALLED BACK 4 TIMES AND GOT A LITTEL MEANER EVERY TIME, I TOLD THEM IWAS ABOUT TO CALL THE BETTER BUSIINESS BUREAU . AFTER FINALLY CALLING THE LAST PERSON SHE FIANALLY SENT ME THE MAIL BACK TICKET.
EVEN AFTER SENDING IT BACK THE DUMB PEOPLE AT CSN SENT ME THE AIR CONDITIONER BACK 2 WEEKS LATER I REFUSED THE SHIPMENT THEN IT WENT BACK, BUT THE CRAP ABOUT THIS WAS I PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD AND IT TOOK THIS COMPANY ALMOST 2 MONTHS TO CREDIT MY CARD I WAS SO PISSED ABOUT THIS I WILL NEVER BUY ANY THIS THAT SAYS CSN STORES .

C
9:07 pm EDT

Wayfair Fraud, Gouging,

More than a week before they said they would ship, I tried to cancel my order. Next day, by e-mail CSN congratulated me and said they upgraded my order and would ship that day. I then called them and they said it was too late they had already shipped. From there it has gone downhill. Now I expect delivery this week. Package is 195 pound. They won't get if off the truck and wan't to charge another $144.98 to have a truck with a lift gate deliver it. They want more to take it back.

I will never but from these people ever again !

Columbian

GailG
Newark, US
May 19, 2011 3:10 pm EDT

They did the same thing to me with a wine refrigerator. The freight company called and made me aware that I had to lift it (297 lbs) from the truck myself. I explained that I could not. I went back and forth with CSN about the additional charge and finally told them to cancel as that was not explained when I placed the order. (If I had known, I would not have placed the order with them.) A WARNING TO ALL - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I am contacting the BBB and the Attorney General's Office in my state (NJ) and CSN (Mass.). You should do the same.

8:26 pm EST

Wayfair deceptive sales practice/lack of customer service

I ordered and was immediately charged for the four crystal beverage glasses I ordered. I later received an email with tracking info. When UPS delivered, they advised that I not accept the shipment. (The agent shook the box in front of me...and it sounded like a box of shattered glass. The glasses were all broken, and no packing material at all was evident.) I called CSN immediately (on a Thursday) and was told I would receive the replacement shipment the following Wednesday. I called the following Wednesday and found that no shipment had gone out. They told me it would go out in ANOTHER two days. The first UPS tracking notice showed that they had received the first damaged shipment back a day after I had reported it. As of today, I have been told that it will take another week to receive the glasses and that they will be crediting my Paypal account immediately. So far no credit, and no glasses. I will update if something changes.

2:07 am EDT

Wayfair Return Policy

I ordered a king size bed frame from CSN STORES. Box arrived on time and in good condition. Due to change in decorating plan, the frame was no longer needed. Contacted CSN STORES regarding return of bed frame. They offered refund of only 46% of the purchase price (payable up to two months later) and that I would be responsible for the return shipping. This would leave only pennies remaining from my original purchase price. CSN STORES would then have a new king size bed frame to resell and I would have almost nothing of the original cost returned. BUYER BEWARE, if you need to return an item to CSN STORES, YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.

Read full review of Wayfair and 3 comments

3 comments
littleredhen
Corrales, US
Mar 15, 2011 1:17 am EDT

CSN customer service is horrible!

littleredhen
Corrales, US
Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am EDT

I've had a similar problem. I ordered a faucet for a vintage sink I have. The faucet arrived, package was intact, but when I opened it, the porcelain cold marker on the faucet handle was shattered in 10 pieces. I had to call them 4 times, each time they said they would send me a new faucet handle (one said they had no record, tracking number was illegible, etc. etc.) I explained to them that I need it for a final plumbing inspection so I could get my certificate of occupancy for my new home. The replacement faucet handle arrived, but it was not even close to the handle that was supposed to be replaced - I'm getting ready to call them to request a return label - I'm just waiting to hear what their excuse is now. I had no choice but to purchase a faucet so I could get the inspection completed. I couldn't afford to wait 4 more weeks! I know customer service isn't what it used to be, but this was ridiculous!

S
S
STA77
Oct 20, 2010 9:36 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

From from experience, CSN Stores policies are explained up front and very customer friendly. Top notch service.

U
2:29 pm EDT

Wayfair returns

We purchased 2 c, at trees under the impression that the shipping and return shipping was paid for.
when we needed to return one, their 'hassel free" shipping was not ! this thing weighed over 10lbs, they said we were responsible for the shipping return and would not refund our origional shipping fee and if we wanted a shipping label emailed to us fr them it would cost 14$!
The way their policy reads leads you to think they will pay for returns. THEY DO NOT AND YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PICK UP ANY FEES.I would not buy anything fr theses people again, they are totally inflexible and not clear as to their return policies...and now I see why.

Buyer Beware!

pplafa
Braintree, US
Nov 17, 2022 6:09 pm EST

I can't believe what this wayfair company has put me through. I ordered a chair for 308.00. They told me that it was free returns. I read all the reviews and when I tried to return it they wanted to charge me 79.00 to return it. I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this situation. They kept having me transferred and told me that to escalate the phone call would take 48 hours to have them call me back. I returned the item and it was returned to me by Fedex after returning it. I told the Fedex people to take it back as I had returned it the previous day. I told them to take it back and confirmed through Fedex that it was returned. I called to see why they had not credited my account. I finally got someone who listened to me and seemed like she knew what she was doing and she told me she would credit my account. They debited my account for the same amount again. Then I got an e-mail saying that the bank which is Bank of America is stopping the recurring payments to wayfair. I never authorized recurring payments. Bank of America tells me it will take 90 days to dispute the charge and do the investigation before they can credit my account. Be careful who you do business with! I am out 616.00 dollars with Christmas coming. Do not do business with this company! I have put an estimated 6 hours on the phone with no solution. A waste of my precious time. All I wanted was to have a chair that I could be more comfortable in. I will never buy anything from this company again! They advertise hassle-free returns, they lie! They lied about everything telling me they would credit my account and apologizing only to debit it again.

Overview of Wayfair customer experience

Wayfair, the online furniture retailer, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. Many have complained about the poor quality of the products they received, with some even reporting that items arrived damaged or missing parts. Others have expressed frustration with the company's customer service, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, some customers have reported issues with delivery, including delayed shipments and difficulty scheduling appointments. Overall, Wayfair's poor product quality, customer service, and delivery issues have left many customers dissatisfied and frustrated.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Wayfair contacts