Waste Managementaccused of crossing the line!!

january 2003 hired as a floater site worker for 12recycling centers.within in 3months working in the office as a lead person over 12recycling center, and 27employees.my job entailed:doing schedules, time sheets, buying and deliving supplies, using my own personal vehicle, going out to the centers checking on site workers, making sure centers were opened, fill in the centers when a worker had to be out, basicall i did it all.the county were happy and so was waste management.I had alot of responsibilty place on me, doing the job of a district management, with out the pay!! i was trusted with the visa number to purchase supplies.
april 2008, i'm promoted to site-supervisor by district manager from florence, s.c. in a employee meeting in front of my co-workers, and the county administrator, public works director, recycling co-ordinator, and waste management sales respresentative and a wm supervisor-dispatcher!! now after over a year, i'm being told i have crossed the line, accused of contacting county officials and talking to them about issues(which is in correct).accused of hiring and firing (in correct).a disgrunted employee of 2years as a site worker complains, not doing their job, and i'm being accused by a new district manager and a human resource person that i have never met in the 6years of working with waste management that i wasn't allowed to resolve the issues going on with this site worker!!!
my position has never been questioned by the county(with whom we have a contract with), or waste management . we have some employees in florence who were not doing their job, such as district manager, supervisor, human resource, and now they are threaten by disgrunted employee and her husband.so therefore i'm demoted and part time status, deducted $1.00 from my pay, loosing my health benefit and all other benefits.
i put my heart and soul in my job doing what wastemangement and the county wanted.never have their been a problem with my character and my work ethics.i don't like being accused by people i have never met, who never came to clarendon county or attended employee meetings to meet the people working for them or for that fact meeting the county personal whom they have a contract with.
i have a voice and i want to be heard, i have plenty of documentation to back up everything and anything i have to say about this situation.I was done very wrong, and i want something done about it.and i will keep on till i find someone who is willing to help me take this on.
i put 30years into the healthcare field.i'm a ex-officer wife who has been affiliated with the military, also job wise.i have alot of understanding about going thru the channels, and not crossing the line!!

• Tw
    TWISMIN12 Sep 12, 2012

Hello everyone out there. I was a Residential Driver for Georgetown Delaware Waste Management . We had been relocated from Cambridge, Maryland due to consolidation. Once we arrived there all we heard from the other drivers was how bad it was to work there. Little did I know I would soon find out. After a couple of months and getting to know the Delaware drivers I repeatedly heard them complaining about being cheated on their pay checks. They started showed me their incentive sheet printouts that came along with the checks. By the way, they could"nt mess with our pay yet because they had to pay the Maryland drivers a set pay rate for almost a year cause our routes were not in their system. Being I had worked in the office before I had a thorough knowledge of the formula they used to determine how much the drivers should have been paid. Every single driver that showed me an incentive sheet were being cheated out of $ 100 to $ 300 hundred dollars a week at least. Once I told them this they started going to the Route Manager responsible for their incentive sheets and pay. Next thing I know I started being harassed in every way possible, culminating in being terminated for allegedly having 8 occurrences when it came to find out through my vigorous pursuit of all pertinent records I only had 3 occurrences. It"s like someone else said in their comment. These big corporations and companies do not really care for their employees at all. Due to a severe illness, I had to put doing something about this on hold until now. Now its time to do something about it.

• Dr
    driver 01 Jun 28, 2012

one of the main things in this company is that managers only care about their numbers all the time do not care how or when the roads are completed by drivers. no matter how tired they are, how much sleep or anything else by the life of the deal is bad drivers lie on your face and if you say something you are in the sight of all. keep drivers uninformed of things that happen in the company.

as the saying goes the more ignorant best for them

Anonymous_dofa Feb 08, 2011

I had to cancel my account and they made it so impossible for me that I am thinking of renewing the contract, I don't like their customer service, I am a small guy and cannot go for law suit. I wish there was some way out there.

• DianeMac Nov 07, 2010

Glad to hear from you franniedorchester!! As you probably saw I had someone contact me about a classaction suit and never heard back from them, I was very disappointed about it!!
    Your situation is very familiar, I know some employees here that has had same thing happen to them.
    Something needs to be done about this Waste Management.This is unethical what they do to their employees.
    I may have a lawyer that might take on the case for me.I won't know till next week.I just got his name referred to me.
    One of the problems is that alot of these employees don't want to speak up or stand up when they know someone is being done wrong, for fear they will loose their jobs.
    How long were you with wm?I will tell you this if you go to file for unemployment you might as well take a lawyer along with you.I filed and the supervisor shows up with a lawyer, and I had all my documentation to prove my case, and I still lost.A decision was made in a days time! I am convinced that the referee for the employment office and wm, lawyer all knew each other, they all came from the same town!!Plus the decision was already made!!
    I will email you!I have been ready to fight this company for a year now.

• Fr
    franniedorchester Nov 06, 2010

I would be happy to join any class action suit. I was employed by WM and after 4 months got sick. While on short-term disability, they stopped by benefits and paycheck and now my supervisor won't return my calls. They are forcing me out of compliance. The company is evil and is ruining my life. I was an employee in good standing deserving of the benefits and they yanked them negligently. Cigna is outrageous too. If you're serious, contact [email protected] I think we should sic a union on them and unionize the customer service people. The supervisory staff is uneducated and trained to rough up the troops. Not a good place at all. People treated shabbily like the industrial revolution.

• DianeMac Sep 08, 2010

NO RESPONSE from [email protected], I sent you an
    email upon your request about a group filing a class action suit
    against waste management!
    I'm still interested as are some other individuals.
    I do hope this wasn't a boogey reply from you.This is a real
    serious situation and not to be taken lightly by you or anyone
    else.
    So if YOU aren't for real, do not bother me with your comments or even a glimmer of hope that there's an interest in a group wanting to get together to do something about this wrong doing of waste management!!!
    I'm really fed up with PEOPLE being scared, all Talk and NO ACTION!!!

• DianeMac Aug 15, 2010

Thank You hosea4 for your comment!I have been along time waiting for some help on this.And you are right, I was used.Even with my documentation, wm had a lawyer to show up for my appeal against them for unemployment.You believe that?Hell, I lost, the commissioner and all of them knew each other and put a Spin on everything.
    You know what, I'm right on this and I will keep on till someone listens and helps make it right !!

• Ho
    Hosea4vrs6 Aug 14, 2010

You were set up give me a buzz at [email protected]

I know a group of individuals are planning a class action suit against waste.

• DianeMac Oct 20, 2009

thanks SuperVepr for your comment, now i really feel someone is noticing my delimna!
    I would just love for a lawyer to get ahold of this, there is plenty more to this truth complaint that has not been told.

• Su
    SuperVepr Oct 18, 2009

Give 'em he'll! You were scapegoated from what I can tell.