Washington Gas / WGL Holdings Logo

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings

Having problems with Washington Gas / WGL Holdings?

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings Customer Service Contacts

+1 703 750 7944 (Automated Self-Service Line)
+1 703 750 1000 (Customer Service and Billing)
+1 800 752 7520 (Gas Emergency Line)
+1 703 750 4570 (Gas Theft Hotline)
+1 800 428 5364 (Washington Gas Damage Prevention Hotline)
6801 Industrial Road
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Washington Gas / WGL Holdings Customer Service. Initial Washington Gas / WGL Holdings complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Washington Gas / WGL Holdings above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Washington Gas / WGL Holdings. Discuss the issues you have had with Washington Gas / WGL Holdings and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Washington Gas / WGL HoldingsNew gas service

I waited 2 hrs on hold to speak to rep. I asked to have gas turned on to 6058 Central Ave Capitol Heights MD 20743 Rep said be their at address from 7am to 5pm Nov. 17 I did this and no one show up from washington gas. I left them my telephone # but no one called me. I tried calling them again but was told after 1 Hr. I would have to wait another 30 mins.

Washington GasNorthern pipeline

After 6 mo 3 days of contracting with Washington Gas for a new gas line to my home, their contractor Northern Pipeline put in a new gas line to my home and while doing so they broke my fireplace gas line on Sunday 6/23/19. They left my yard a total wreck and a hole that is approx 3' x 5' with netting surrounding it. I can't get to my gutters because of this and my home is now flooding with water. It has been nothing short of a nightmare. It has been 16 days since they destroyed my gas line and left a gaping hole. I want this fixed now!
    Carol Meyer homeowner
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

Northern pipeline
    Northern pipeline

Nov 13, 2018

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — Natural gas service/billing errors

My roommate and I lived in an apartment in Washington, D.C. from December of 2015 to December 18th, 2016. Her...

Jun 22, 2018

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — poor customer service and wrong information

During my first call on June 19th, 2018 to schedule an appointment to have my gas turned on I was told by the...

Washington Gas / WGL Holdingsunlawful disconnection of gas services

On February 22, 2018, they disconnected my service without prior notice or warning. On January 30, 2018, I requested that service be established in my name and the company refused. However, they confirmed that they would not cut off my service w/o notice first. They lied. I was out of town when the service was disconnected. On February 23, the gas company permitted me to establish service but told me they could not restore the service until February 28 - 5 days later!! Now, for 5 days of this winter season, I have no heat or hot water. Such treatment is callous and inhumane. No one should be treated this way. And yet, they will charge me for restoring the service even though I have had service at this location since 1994. I demanded to speak to a supervisor, but the customer service rep refused. I am outraged and since it is the month of February, cold, due to their inappropriate conduct. Please investigate.

Jan 03, 2018

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — service stop date was delayed, forced to pay for someone else's usage

First, I would just like to repeat the often googled phrase, WASHINGTON GAS SUCKS SO BAD. Everyone knows it...

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — incomplete excavation and remediation of property damage

On August 31 I reported the odor of gas near our backyard meter. A man came to our house within an hour and...

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — getting bills for services that I did not use

On July 8, 2017, I started receiving bills for usage that I did not use. The service was shut off as of May...

Washington Gas / WGL Holdings — washington gas, maryland

Yesterday I went to pay my Washington Gas bill, through bill pay and noticed it was extremely high for the...

washingtongas.com — starting service

I started service with washington gas since the 26 of july after purchasing a townhouse. They promissed me...

www.washingtongas.comunauthorized charges, failure to address charges

Ten months ago, I re-opened an account with Washington Gas, and they put $470 in charges from a previous tenant on my account. I got the previous tenant involved, and they sent proof of payment for the $470 (the high amount was due to a mistake that Wash Gas made on their account 6 months earlier). Since opening the account, I have called once per month, and they have told me they are still investigating the issue, and put my account on "hold" so I wouldn't accrue late charges or be reported to the credit rating agencies. Two months ago, they let that hold lapse, and put a $500 "deposit" on my account due to the outstanding $470 balance, and started charging me late fees. I have called every 2 weeks to escalate the issue with no resolution. Literally every single time I call, I have to rehash the entire scenario to the cust serv person, who then puts me on hold for 10-20 min (twice hanging up on me). When they come back, every single one says they are escalating it and instructs me to call back in 2 weeks. They refuse to contact me at the conclusion of the investigation--putting me on the hook to follow up. Furthermore, they refuse to let me speak to a supervisor. I still have no resolution and continue to accrue late charges, and have no options for how to resolve.

Washington Gas — washington gas bill

In January 2017, February 2017 and March 2017 I received Washington Gas Bills that stated my amount was $0.00...

Washington Gasunethical behaviour, lies, ripoff

I've lived many places, and this is the worst utility company I've ever been forced to deal with. I would rather spend 5 hours on hold with Horizon Airlines than try to do something simple like 'pay my bill' with these jokers.

The website doesn't work. The automated telephone service is archaic, and paying over the phone takes a solid 10 minutes (not to mention they make you enter your credit card info before telling you how much your bill is). Want to get someone on the phone instead? When you find the secret combination of numbers that navigates you to an actual person, please let me know.
          It's Nasty TAKING ADVANTAGE of absence of competitor gas companies in the area!!! But Washgas does it!!!

Companies like this are why competition is important. I wish I could do something more than just write a review, but I have no other option for gas service in this area. So, alas, they have no reason to improve.

The site always times out when you try to log in. There is nothing on the homepage indicating that there is a problem. I have called twice. Both times the representative was helpful, but completely unaware of the web problem. Both times I waited 20 minutes before getting an answer. It is also curious that WGL hasn't taken a moment to reply to ANY of these complaints on this site. Where is their PR Dept (or their customer service department, for that matter)?

Washington Gas — washington gas is a rip off service,

When I Moved into My 2 Br Apt, I Used to Pay about $40-$70 Max. Then after a while, My Bills all Of a Sudden...

Washington Gasgas service activation

We need to activate the Gas in our house in Gainesville Virginia. The house is vacant right now and we live in New Jersey.
            The Washington Gas rule says that someone needs to be there at house between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. In this cold weather without Heat, how can somebody be in house? This itself is ridiculous in this age of text alerts, email and mobile phone.
            But anyway I asked my friend (who lives at 35 minutes distance) to be on call and come to our house when asked. I also called Washington Gas to inform me when they plan to reach the house.
            The Washington Gas Installer 'Franklin" called me at 12 Noon and gave me 20 minute window to have someone there to activate gas service.
            My friend reached there at 12:30 PM and the installer from Washington Gas left WITHOUT ACTIVATING the service. I repeatedly requested the Washington Gas Person 'Franklin' to wait for just for five more minutes but his attitude was so indifferent and callous
            The house is now without Heat in this Cold Weather and I have no way to get the gas activated as I need to find someone who on weekday can stand in this cold weather between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for Washington as to come and activate the service.
            Can someone HELP! House is Freezing in this COLD WEATHER

Washington Gascustomer service

WG outsourced its front office (call center) and back office work to Accenture (back in 2007); and Accenture has decided to take the work to their Manila Delivery Center (MDC). The staff doing the front and back office work is composed of Filipinos. The call center; which has been in Manila for almost six years, has an extremely high turnover rate. Accenture is continually hiring customer service representatives (CSR) for the WG account; they take in newcomers for this account almost every three months. Since the turnover is high for this account, people from different walks of life come and go. The wise; immediately sensing that there is no future for their career when they start/stay on this account, leave immediately after training (approx. 2-4 months). The wiser, well...they leave after a few weeks. The not-so-wise wait for a year, or a year and a half. Accenture hopes to prevent this high turnover rate by slapping a bond amounting to Php 100, 000.00 (around US$2, 400.00) to all new hires if they do not stay with Accenture for a year; however the unfortunate but wise ones (who; through just sheer bad luck got assigned to this god-forsaken WG account by Accenture's ignorant HR) choose to ignore this bond, quit fast rather than die young, and then go on hating Accenture for the rest of their lives.
              Office politics and favoritism has ravaged the working environment at the WG account at Accenture's MDC. It is very toxic and more putrid than an open cesspool. If you always kiss ### and agree with your team leader all the time then you will become their favorite, the people who will then become team leaders/supervisors are the favorite of the managers. Some team leaders even have inappropriate sexual relations with their direct CSR subordinates. If you do not participate in the activities planned by the managers then you will be ostracized and your performance review will be affected. Meanwhile, (if you are not a supervisor or team leader) the managers want the rest of the CSRs to stay in the account and be a CSR/slave forever; they feed ### into the minds of the CSRs; they would even go to great lengths and say terrible things about other existing accounts at Accenture, just to make you believe that the WG account is the place to be in the world for a hopeless person like you who’s too fat and lazy to find a better job. Well, if you want to be a loser for the rest of your life and just want health insurance and a regular paycheck to pay your bills then this job is for you.
              Customer service is not used as a metric to assess the performance of the CSRs; Accenture and WG have decided that their performance will be assessed every month using the three measurable metrics: average handling time (AHT), call quality and service order accuracy. So, the CSRs just focus on meeting the required scores every month so that they can keep their job. Customer service is not part of the training the newly-hired employees receive. They train the CSRs to be tough on their customers. WG Rules are the only rules in this workplace. The kind-hearted CSR who approaches his/her job to genuinely resolve the issues confronting the customers of WG will certainly have longer phone calls; however, because of this long call he/she will have a higher AHT. To compensate for these long calls (to lower the AHT), some CSRs drop their succeeding calls; or try to limit the succeeding calls to 2-3 mins., even though some customer issues would definitely need a much longer time to resolve. The CSR is more concerned with his/her performance as an employee. Customer service is the last thing on the CSRs mind when he/she is taking calls.
              As mentioned earlier, the account has an absurdingly high turnover rate and people from all walks of life come and go; so the quality of the employees hired is unstable. Some employees lack the skills required to be effective on their job (English communication, critical thinking, etc.) . Accenture's infantile HR assigns their newly-hired employees to the account wherever manpower is needed without taking into consideration their abilities and educational/employment background. Accenture HR representatives are nothing more than puppets of the accounts they supposedly supervise.
              Office politics, flawed metrics and poor employee quality are the reasons for WG's horrible customer service. WG has a 10-year outsourcing contract with Accenture. The WG account has been in the Accenture's MDC for almost six years; regrettably, CSRs who are unfortunate enough to have been working in this account have not much of a future left in their careers. They will leave this account without even learning what basic customer service is. The WG account at Accenture's MDC solely exists for the benefit of WG.

• Is
                  Isiah Fleming Dec 14, 2009

I am the building Manager at a property located in the District Of Columbia. On 12/14/09, a customer rep. from the Washington gas call and wanted some information from one of my previous tentant that had reside here. I explain to the Rep. that this individual had move back in June of this year.The rep. then ask me, who was going to pay for the use of service, since this individual no longer reside here, and I told her that Washington Gas would have to take the loss, since no came out here to disconnect the service. A few minutes later the same rep. call me back and said that they will have someone come out the next day to disconnect the service I then inform the rep. that I will have to call them back, and I was inform that I need to call back before 9:00pm. I call back at 8:15pm and spoke with another rep. from Washington Gas and none of the information that I had given the previous rep. was in the system. I also learn from talking to the last rep. that a disconnect from another one of my previous tentant was suppose to have been disconnect was still connected. When I inform the rep. that I was the only person that has access to utility room, I was almost call a lie. So to all who read, please beware of Washington Gas when doing business with them. If you are going to your cut on or off, or just transfer to another resident. Please request a Confirmation number.

Washington Gas — reimbursement

Dear Sir or Ma'am, My husband and I just transferred back to Woodbridge, VA on 6 August 2012 from...

Washington Gasthey owe me

Washington Gas called me with an automated message asking me to call back. I called back and they said they had a credit on my account and owed ME money. When I asked the phone representative how long it would take to get the check he said 'four to six... weeks'. I asked to please speak with a supervisor because I had moved out of state and wanted to guarantee that check would come to this address. He wouldn't let- basically harassed me back and forth on hold about why I shouldn't talk to a supervisor. I was practically begging him to PLEASE let me talk to a supervisor and he said he could have them call me back. I called today... about 1 week later... and there is no account of them owing me any money. WTF. The lady today was nice but their services were 'down' so I need to call back tomorrow to talk to a different representative. It's been like this EVERY time I call- for the last 5 years. And that's about how old this account is... it's from a house I rented a while ago. Oh geez, I can't wait to find out what happens a few years from my most current account.

DONT CALL UNLESS YOU HAVE TO- and don't waste your time- just IMMEDIATELY ask for a supervisor, if they're not available say that you will call back. Always get names and confirmation codes (which are actually their employee numbers). KEEP RECORDS- shady business.

Washington Gas — worst customer service

Last winter i had 2 people living in my home using gas heat and gas for hot water. I expected my bills to be...

Washington Gashorrible customer service

WORST people to deal with EVER. Not only can I not seem to ever get ahold of anybody that speaks english but even when I try speaking in spanish I can't understand what they are saying. Rude doesnt even begin to decribe their customer service. From the very first moment I opened an account with them it has been nothing but misery. They over charged me the first month which then became a credit and I didnt have to pay again for quite sometime. Well, here we are over 7 months later and I get a phone call with a recorded message telling me to call them. I call them back and after repeating the menu options about 5 times I finally get in touch with another of their ever so rude service reps. She informs me that my gas is about to be shut off due to non payment. I inform her that I never recieved a bill or notice in hard copy nor in email and that I find it rediculous that they waited 7 months for them to contact me to inform me my gas was going to be shut off in the middle of winter. Why couldnt they have called or ... Not only can I not seem to ever get ahold of anybody that speaks english but even when I try spanish I can't understand what they are saying either. Rude doesnt even begin to decribe their customer service. From the very first moment I opened an account with them it has been nothing but misery. They over charged me the first month which then became a credit and I didnt have to pay again for quite sometime. Well, here we are over 7 months later and I get a phone call with a recorded message telling me to call them. I call them back and after repeating the menu options about 5 times I finally get in touch with another of their ever so rude service reps. She informs me that my gas is about to be shut off due to non payment. I inform her that I never recieved a bill or notice in hard copy nor in email and that I find it rediculous that they waited 7 months for them to contact me to inform me my gas was going to be shut off in the middle of winter. Why couldnt they have called or emailed after the first month like everyone else in the world? What if I was poor and couldnt afford to pay it on a moments notice and ended up with no heat? Thankfully that wasnt the issue but I wonder about others out there. Regardless of which I have never had a single second of experiance with them that didnt make me see red.