Karachi Electric Supply [KESC] / K-Electric Logo

Karachi Electric Supply [KESC] / K-Electric

Having problems with Karachi Electric Supply [KESC] / K-Electric?

118 (Complaints)

Plot № L-104, Block-2, PECHS, Near Noorani Kabab House, Shahrah-e-Quaideen

Baldia
Adjacent Baldia Grid Station Sector 8 C, Saeedabad, Baldia town

Bin Qasim
Plot № 6-7, Row-A, Block № 1 Sindhi Jamat Co-operative Housing Society, near Jogi mor Main National

Clifton

Tipu Sultan
OC-IV, Plot № SNCC- F23/8, Jinnah CHS Block 7/8, Tipu Sultan Rd

Uthal
2nd Floor Civic Centre, Hub, District Lasbela Balochistan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Karachi Electric Supply [KESC] / K-Electric.

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 20, 2020

Karachi Electric Supply Corporation [KESC] / K-Electric — new connections

Deari sir. I have applied for two new connections in January 2018 for new connections and my case I'd...

K-ELECTRIC — kunda

KESC Pakistan Dear Sir, With due respect I beg to state that I am raising complain on my bill against...

Karachi

K-ELECTRIC — complain about wrong hook entry

Wrong Hook Entry Dear Sir, With due respect I beg to say that I am raising complain on my bill against...

Karachi ElectricHow long I will suffering from torture

4th reminder of Jun 27, 2014

Behaviour of your customer relations staff is very rude, very slow working habit of their staff & which is very shameful but surprise who will take notice & protect consumer interest and problems. when k-electric sacks employees for poor & neglience performance in which consumer suffering?

How long I will suffering from torture and punishment from K-electric? Why un-necessary delay from your end?

AS/00067/KE/14

Manager
Garden Centre
K-electric
Karachi

Online Complaint No: ONL/0001448/14 with WMS Karachi registered have no progress yet?

Our consumer No. [protected]

Sub : again sending very excess & faulty meter bill for Jun 2014 Rs. 5, 067 for 464 units as punishment

Dear Sir

What K electric people have problem when our meter is working properly after changing first faulty cum speedy meter on May 1, 2014 which was replaced by same kind of more speedy and faulty meter on May 29, 2014 I must say shameless K-electric management intentionally first installed speedy cum faulty meter, In spite after making complaining to K-electric management, CEO, Governor of Sind, WMS, National Assembly but all authority remain silent observer proof they are speechless and helpless in front of K-electric cruel management.

Last month I am fighting for getting rebate for paying abnormal bill excess by 100 units due to Meter install on May 1, 2014 is totally faulty and speedy meter than again replaced meter but the situation remain worsen, very dis-appointment and regret what K-electric want to proof, they can do any thing un-justice with the consumer and higher authority remain silent observer than proof all belong to SHAMELESS group which can’t realized to resolved the problem but creating more pain and torture.

I do not believed in Jun 14 k electric 464 units consumed is more than double, first you people reply are you Muslim’s than why giving torture in the shape of installed 2nd meter which was worsen result.

Meter No. SAG73392 2nd faulty & speed meter installed dated May 29, 14 and showing unit consumed 226 it means 12 days and rest through by 1st faulty meter installed dated May 1, 14 units 283 during 18 days, can you realized how it possible our consumption become double which is not possible and digest that reason first allow us last month ( May 14 100 units rebate ) and current month ( Jun 14 150 Units ) total 250 units rebate we want and please replace our meter by original one working properly than twice K electric replace meter but all proof they are faulty cum speedy meter.

In last I have complained many times regarding K-electric circulating bill very late what reason or secret behind it? Why not make practice to circulate advance before the due date at least 4 workings days left.

Still I have not received any reply or letter from K-electric, Governor of Sind, WMS against my online complain, Chief Justice how they will resolved my issue.

Beside I am KIDEY transplation done at Kidney Centre Pindi Dec 14, 2004 and present registered with SUIT my no. otx-123, why you people giving extra burden and torture as you have extra courage or power to exercise but do not forget God Silent stick punishment? Why you giving extra pain and tension? This is K-electric company policy?

I am expecting reply from CEO & management of K-electric reply and do not keep me awaiting as their normal practice for giving reply specially too late to consumers and allow me rebate / credit for unit 250 for May & Jun 14 excess bill on account of new faulty cum speedy meter ( the said meter is unique in K-electric which is running when off all lights in our home and showing consumption more than 3 times more as K-electric own people comments on Yesterday May 29, 14)

( Ashfaq Sharif )

Copy forward via email & post
1. Governor of Sind for seeking support
2. Wafaqi Mohtasib Karachi & Islamabad
3. Speaker/Secretary National Assembly Islamabad
4. Chief Justice, Islamabad
5. Registrar NEPRA Islamabad
6. US AID Islamabad
7. Secretary / President of FPCCI & KCCI for seeking their support to solve my issue
8. Secretary of Chief Minister of Sind, Karachi
9. Secretary of Power Minister Islamabad
10. Secretary, Sind High Court, Karachi,

KescWrong kunda entry

Dear Sir,

With due respect I beg to state that I am raising complain on my bill against kunda, which is totally wrong. We never used kunda and the bill raised just due to the negligence of your kunda cell team. Who did not correctly visited the said site and placed kunda used category on our bill, rather than our neighbours. We always paid our bills on time, and can provide each bill copy to the KESC. We went to KESC office located at northkarachi. But there response was very awkward and not responding us well on the above said issue and they were saying once the bill is printed we do not have authority to correct. You can just pay your bill on instalments and they insist on me to submit complete bill which was 74, 901/= I am not that
    much capable to pay the huge amount which is wrongly mentioned on bill. Please check our meter readings and you will find it appropriate. Even our meter is running properly.

Cell # - [protected]

NAME/ MR M ISMAIL
    ADDRESS/ SECT 11 C/2 R 183 NORTH KARACHI

• Aa
        aa khan Jun 16, 2014

Please take action on my complaint and check the load on our meter. Please resolve this matter as we are the loyal and patriot citizens and never even thought about any sort of kunda-system. And we are always against every kind of brutality.

• Aa
        aa.khan Jun 23, 2014

My above request is still in pending, and i also submitted my request at KESC viz. request no. 6167(customer care) dt: 17-06-14, R-IV, KESC northkarachi for (checking of load and connection). Kindly, look into the matter, as i am a retired person and heart patient, my earning is hand to mouth. I have submitted the first installment of Rs.12, 500/- for the reason which i never done. So please do favor for me in this situation.
        Regards,
        A.A.Khan.

• Ri
        Riaz uddin Oct 11, 2014

Dear sir,
        We are receiving kunda bill for 8 months whereas there is no kunda at my home .I am unable to pay a such huge bills .Last month I submitted a huge bill.
        You are requested to rectify the bill of Sep 14 .I will be oblige you.
        Thanks
        Yours Sincerely.
        Acct No.[protected]
        Consumer no.AL248200

Karachi ElectricInstall faulty cum speedy meter no.

2nd reminder of May 29, 2014

I still fail to understand what pleasure or satisfaction KARACHI ELECTRIC get when giving intentionally torture in the shape of sending excess / abnormal electricity due to speedy cum faulty meter install?

Karachi Electric honestly tell how U people torture or give punishment to ill - legal users? Or they are supposed to be exempted from any punishment or re - action from Karachi Electric due to influence or some thing else?

Why delaying in replying & solving my issue, this is Karachi Electric policy to give as much as torture to consumers and no higher authority have power to exercise their power and question what is happening to honest consumers and what problem to solve their issue at once and giving rebate for charging extra units in Jun 14 bill without any fail or delay?

AS / 00051 / KE / 14

Garden Centre
      K - electric

Online Complaint No: ONL / 0001448 / 14 with WMS Karachi
      Our consumer No. [protected]

Ref : forwarding past complain registered in excel but regret & dis - appointment

Sub : install faulty cum speedy meter no. SAG 71695 showing consumed units in 181 in 9 days not acceptable & un - believable

Dear Sir

I again approach to WMS, Governor of Sind, Chief Justice, NEPRA and National Assembly to revive my my past complain against KESC – KE as registered with WMS, GS and Nepra but very sad and dis - appointment still no progress or suppose the department not interested to favor the consumer and protecting the Karachi Electric any special reason?

Recent I faced problem that reason forward to all concern authority net result still no fruitful, details as follows:

I want to dis - close come facts which I detect and want to bring the notice of Karachi Electric, Nepra, Governor of Sind, Wafaqi Mohtasib & Chief Justice notice how Karachi Electric much believe in giving torture and additional worries first install speedy cum faulty new meter (on May 1, 14) replace the meter No. ST 02581 - D which giving no problem than why replace meter to punish the honest consumer by sending abnormal bill every month?

Old meter Last meter read 4023 + 171 = 4194 (up to meter reading consider April 30, 14)
      New meter read 181 (very surprise meter install on May 1, 14)
      In short I am paying 171 units from old meter for 21 days & 181 units from new meter for ONLY 9 days who will believe or accept this is consider correct and accurate meter reading taken by Karachi Electric?

If add old meter & new meter reading thus get consumption of 352 units for the month of May 14, I have objection and do not accept first meter reading from new meter showing 181 units consumed in 9 days and rest of 21 days unit consumed 171 no can believe and understand these are true meter reading that is why I again request to CEO of Karachi Electric, Registrar of Nepra and Secretary of Governor of Sind if you face such type of billing from Karachi Electric than you remain silent

Awaiting to your reply and solve my issue with delay or wasting time, Karachi Electric make sure as I do not accept current month May 14 bill showing 181 units consumed from new meter which is totally wrong meter reading and allow me credit of unit 100 in Jun 14 bill and make sure in future such type of blunder error donot repeat again which irk the consumers.

(Ashfaq Sharif)

10. Secretary, Sind High Court, Karachi,
      11. Consumer Protection Society
      12. EU, UN council seeking their influence

KescArrears on billing

Sub: Complain regarding arrears billing.

Dear Sir,

With due respect I beg to state that I am raising complain on my bill. we have paid the bill of april but due to some reason On the running month May KESC charging us arrears billing of 4255.20/= this has become the practice of KESC near Uncle Saria Hospital. On the above said issue and they always saying once the bill is printed we do not have authority to correct. You can just pay your bill on instalments and they insist on us to submit complete bill every time which is now 6, 296/= I am not that much capable to pay the huge amount of Rs.6, 296/= which I had this month. Sir we are facing this problem for the last couple of months we have paid over R.S.11, 000/= bill from the month of NOV 2013 because of meter reader noted wrong reading. Neither Sir my Average bill has been correct nor the billing amount. Please take this matter into account. Please consider my complain and response me as soon as possible.

Muhammad Muhammad Muneer

LA048697
        METER NO
        SAA6744

NAME Citizen of Karachi
        ADDRESS FLAT C-40 Bano plaza garden east nishter road karachi.

KescOVER BILLING

To,
          The general manager kesc
          Gole market nazimabad, 3
          Karachi,
          Subject : over billing showing the over load, bill although we use the electric very care fully and economisely and our meter is showing the units of this month 340 units and kesc sent the bill of 48000 rupees,
          Consumer no, la 209417 meter no, st 023189 bill, s, no, 10/0058
          Dear sir,
          I want to give your notice, about my bill my complaint no is, (10902) and dated, 03-01-2013
          Dear sir, I want to give your acknowledge that we are very care fully utilize the electric and you can sent the team to check our meter and and every thing, I assure you normally we use the 2 to 3 sever 2 to 3 hour in the morning and one tv, for 2 to 3 hour in the morning time, refrigrater is continue automatically plug in switched and when the light have off then we disconnected the appliances, one washing machine we use for 1 to 1.5 hour twice a week,
          We have the 6 fans but no use in winter, we have the ac that is use in summer time at the peak time of summer then we use for 1 to 1.5 hour only the night time,
          Sir you can check all appliances, these are fix only for when we seated which one room then we use that things, as you know your instruction and advertisement of reduce the consumption we use very stickly and care fully, and we are paying our bill regularly, some month our utilization is 280 units, some time 300 some time 220 some time our usage 150 units sir as you are deploy your meter in our building then what is the reason your inspector made the bill highest unit base bill although we use the very carefully units and save the electric
          After this we received the bill 3000 to 4500 monthly why, if we don't guilty by any miss uses then why kesc make this bill 48000 un authorise bill this is made by fraud manners some of your inspector who check our meter and house, after the inspection they demand the some payment from us but we did not given them, then the warn us, and threaten our family we can see you with in a month, they check our ward robe and other room unless we did not given the permission to them and said to them my family member, I am not at home they call me in house and then you can check the appliances all things,

Please sir take the action immediately
          And give us the opportunity, of thanks
          From,
          Sardaro begum
          1 - j 50/9 moaziz appartment nazimabad
          Muslim league quarter
          Karachi,
          Contact, [protected]

Kescextran units charges

Several time I personally visit at KESC Billing Office and I want to resolve this issue on first stage when first time I have received wrong bill but KESC Staff did not cooperate with me and nor my application received. Many time I have mailed their concern person's e-mail ID but result is zero . all given ID was fake. I am putting my case in your court and hope you will give my justice and pass to order KESC to reduce my extra charges. This mail I am am sending you my relative id. Please reply me . you are a last wish of me.

I will start the name of Allah which is very generous and very kind. Sir, I have received First bill for the month of September, 2012(4, 103) with unbelievable 400 Units.It happened mistake by Reader He was reading wrong. Actual meter reading is 10488 till 30-09-2012. Last month I have personally visit at your center and met with Mr. Jahanzeb sahib and he assured me that we will level the reading gradually and they have converted the total amount in 6 installment.

Once again the same mistake is repeated again and 400 units has charged in October, 2012 and bill amount is 4, 843.00. whenever my meter is stand on 10552.

Respected sir, please consider on my request. I am single widow woman, 76 years old, some kind peoples help me and I am living in one single room and my electric consume is very low. Please give the instruction to concern person for survey and check again my meter and also give the order to refresh bill according to meter. In this regards I always wish for your long life and prosperity will remain.

Waiting for your quick and hopeful response

Karachi.

• Qa
                Qasim Naveed Mar 10, 2014

Sar
                Salam alykom main korange 3 nambar par rhata hon ap say reqast ap conda chak karin plz har jaga conda laga howa hi ap is par nazar dalin Jo jaiz metar say bill bhar rahy hin on par Bhi conda likh kar bill bhaj daty hin
                Plz

Consumer No. LA143036
                H.No. 19, Custodian Qrt. Subzi Mandi
                Karachi.

Kesc — Kunda

Dear Sir, Please hide my ID and early take a action about my given information KUNDA complaint we are...

Kesckarachi k gotho ko bjli na de kar awam nakal mkani karwna

hamari 3 mah se 500 meeter walon ki light kat di gye he sirf mafya k kahne p bulder mafya [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 03, 2011

kab tak ham gotthon ki awam ko bjli k lye prashan karoge jan boojh k kesc k syasy mlazmon ne system gotthon ka kharab kya he ham sirf ye chahty hen k hamary kunde hata o hame meeter laga k do kesc k syasy mlazmon ko pata he k kunde hat gye tu gotthon ka nzam sahi hojayega karachi se kundon ka rwaj khtam hojayega bjly chori banand hogye tu wo jo milon karkhano ko chori k kundy laga k de dety hen un kesc walon ki jeab kase har mah garam hogi [protected] bukhtawer goth black 9 gulistane joher karachi

irshad ali mahar Sep 03, 2011

gotthon ki awam ki apeel he khda k wasty 500 ghar bkhtawe goth gulistane joher walon ki k hamari light 3 mah se pamnt dene k ba wajood light nahi he log pora goth khali ho raha he laken kesc or aala hkam ko zara bhi ahsas awam ka nahi 500 meeter walon ko sirf aslye saza di ja rahi he k wo sirf kesc ko ye kahte hen k kundon ka gotthon se rwaj khtam karen unko pata he k ye rwaj khatam ho gya tu onke khanche khatam hojaynge pori krachi se bjli chor ka rwaj khatam hojayega [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 04, 2011

50 sal prany gotthon ko nazar andaz karna ansani hkook pamal karna ek brabar goth walon se 5 lakh kesc ne wsool kye phr bhi light nahi he ye pakistan me zalmana rawya band hona chahye allah ka kahar padega kesc p or hkmrano p 32 din se andhery me bathe hen 500 ghar jin k pay shuda meeter bhi hen bil dekhne hen tu cal karo [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 04, 2011

ah k wasty hamare bukhtawer goth se ham 500 meeter walon ki apeel he hamare goth se kunde utarye or kunde walon ki bhi apeel he k ne meeter lagaye ham 3 ma se bjly k bger bethe hen bakayeda bil bharne k ba ajood ye kesc k kuch afron ko ye apeel achi nahi lagti kyon k as tarah bjly meeter laga k dene se karachi se bjli chori ka rwaj khtam hojayega or onke khanche bhi khtem hojayenge jo gothon walon ki bjly chori ki aad me lakhon k bjli chori karwate hen milo or bady karkhano ko bjli chor karwate hen ham hr ma bakayeda bil bharty hen bil dekhna he tu plz cal me [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 07, 2011

allh k wasty hamare bukhtawer goth se ham 500 meeter walon ki apeel he hamare goth se kunde utarye or kunde walon ki bhi apeel he k ne meeter lagaye ham 3 ma se bjly k bger bethe hen bakayeda bil bharne k ba ajood ye kesc k kuch afron ko ye apeel achi nahi lagti kyon k as tarah bjly meeter laga k dene se karachi se bjli chori ka rwaj khtam hojayega or onke khanche bhi khtem hojayenge jo gothon walon ki bjly chori ki aad me lakhon k bjli chori karwate hen milo or bady karkhano ko bjli chor karwate hen ham hr ma bakayeda bil bharty hen hamara kasoor ye he k ham mhtra ki baetty k nam ka goth bukhtawer goth he hamari light kholdu ham ab ppp ko wot nahi ap ko denge bhai bil dekhna he tu plz cal me [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 10, 2011

khda k waty hamari light kholdu ap ne kaha bil pay karo wo ham goth walon ne lakho ka bil jis din se pay kya he tu hamari light nahi aa rahi he

irshad ali mahar Sep 10, 2011

khda k wasty hamari light kholdu ap ne kaha bil pay karo wo ham goth walon ne lakho ka bil jis din se pay kya he tu hamari light nahi aa rahi he as baat se ye maloom ho raha he k aap log hamko tang karke hame na ansafi karwake hamko dosron ki pmt se bjly chori karwake bjli ka chori ka rawaj gothon me kaim rakh k ya tu ap gothon ko danam karna chahty hen ya phr ap kundon rwaj bana kar karachi me man pasand milon karkhanon shadi halon me chori karwate hen agr asa nahi hota tu hamare goth me 3000 meeter k bjae 400 meeter or nahi laga rahe hen 4 mah se ham se ham jo lakho ropye deke bhi andhery me hen03132122234

irshad ali mahar Sep 11, 2011

target teem ko sir hamare allake gulistane joher me bhejden bjly chori gas chori ki waja se chote tabke ka gareeb rhaishi meeter ka bakayeda bil bharne wala ansan preshan hamare alake me 2 ya4 jin ke hamare alake me plot hen jis me 10 10 dukane doodh ki shop hen buldingen bhi hen kror pati or badi syasi or bade log hen jo shro se hi kesc ki bjly chori karte hen or gas bhi or garebon ka nam astmal karte hen or na meeter lagate hen or na lagne dete hen jis ki waja se greeb ansan bachon samet nakal mkani p majboor he or wo khud jo gareebon ka nam astmal karte hen wo hamare alake me din ko aate hen rat ko ache alakon me ac me jake sote hen un ki waja or bjly ki chor gas ki chori ki waja se hamare alake me bjly ka nzam dhar bharm he log un se khofzda hen balke kesc bhi khofzda he ya kesc bhi mili hoye he mhrbani katrke karwai karye [protected]

irshad ali mahar Sep 26, 2011

amreaca ya koi mulk hamare pakistan p kabza karta he tu karne du kam se kam hamari 4 mah se jali hoi pmt jis ki kesc ko marmat k paymint bhi kardi kesc se koi pochta bhi nahi k light on kyon nahi karte an hukmrano se angrez ache honge hamko saholten tu denge ap ane den angrezo ko en be emano se tu jan choot jayegi

irshad ali mahar Oct 11, 2011

allah k wasty hamare bakhtawer goth gulistane joher blok 9 me pmt 3mlong khan pmt p bhi kunde utarne aajaye baki sab pmt p kunde utarte hen hamar pmt p as lye nahi utarte kesc ko pata he k aala afsron k kunde or syasi logo k kunde hen jo police bhi aati he tu ek fone p waps chali jati he as lye hamari pmt kundo ki waja se over loud hoke kabhi bhi jal sakti he aski zmadaar kesc khod hogi awaam ya consoomer zamadaar nahi hogi warna kunde utaren bht mhrbani hogi

KescPower failure in bakhar goth scheme no 33 karachi.

Asslam o alaikum i am living my own house since last 20 years but we are facing low /0 voltage power since last june 2010. I have registered many complaints i.E on 118 complaint no given 1496 and recently 1362. More than 275 houses affected since last one year. Kindly resolve this problem installation new pmt/ other solution all resident paying bills and growing revenue to kesc but every time visit of kesc staff getting more than 6000/ rupees as donation of affected person then few day light is ok after 04/05 days again low voltage. We are citizen of pakistan and power is our right but i dont know what is problem why not taking action to resolve this problem on permanent basis gulzar hijri/ power house staff is responsible to do work i hope you will take action for early rectificatio fault. Thanks and jazakallah i am waiting for your early reply.

• Sh
                    SHAIKH SHAHB Dec 02, 2011

ASSALAM ALIKOM SIR MAI AK EMANDAR SHAKHSH HON KARACHI SOUTH SADAR TOWN KE ALAQE MAI KHARADER MITHADER KE ALAQE MAI CHORI KI LINE ISTEMAL HOTI HAI JOKE KESC KE AHELKAR BHI SHAMIL HAI IN SE REQAM LEKER IN KO CHORED DETE HAIN MAI AAP KO ISLIYE BATATA HON KE AAP ACTION LO IN GHEDDER INSSANON KO PAKRO AGER AAP NE YE KAM KIA TO AAP NE PAKISTAN KI KHDMAT KI SHOKRIA

Kesc — Kunda tyoe of connection BY KESC

Qazi tameez Ahmed DCO Region II KESC, Abdullah haroon road Karachi April 27, 2010 Subject : KUNDA TYPE...

KescAverage Billing

My Consumer No. is AL257801
                  We are facing the same problem since Jan-09 (with KESC-Garden BOC-Manager-Ahsan and Management Support Officer Mr.Zafar Iqbal.)

I submitted complains regarding average billing several times with lots of photocopies of paid bill and approached from Top (Qazi Tameezuddin) to Bottom (inspector/supervisors) level. But no one is ready to solve my problem and refer to each other every month.

Now today on 03-Sep-2009 they simply reply (threaten) to pay all that arrears which was based on average. Otherwise they will billed heavy amount calculated based on three years back reading.

Actually they have concern why we are using low electricity since 2006-07. I explained and gave all the necessary related documents to prove myself for low consumption after 2007.

I explained them why the consumption was degraded as follow:
                  1) We have shifted one meter load to another available meter to us to fall in lower slab rate.

2) We have changed all local motors which was repaired and winded serveral times with imported Australian (DAVY) motor pumps.

3) We changed all leaked underground pipe lines which was causing of High consumption of motors to run extra time due to leaked pipelines.

4) We decreased motor running timings from 12-14 hours to 6-8 hours per day.

But they refused crucially and reject all my evidence. Today, I'm very disappoint when the KESC Management Support Officer - Mr. Zafar Iqbal (with advice of Manger BOC-Garden Mr. Ahsan) told me that there is now way to adjust your averaged arrear bill you simply deposit it otherwise I'll take serious action which cause you big burden.

Now they give me a BIG BIG favour that they changed this amount into 4 installments.

Conclusion:
                  1) As a citizen of Pakistan where KESC like beast are exist you have NO right to complain.

2) If you dare to complain they will teach you non-forgettable lesson that will remember to your next generation and you will advice your children not to go to KESC.

3) But... How, one can leave without any protest. That will cause a man to seek for compensation for their money which they gave without any use. Now they seek for KUNDA System and other source of illegal act (doo number kay kam).
                  Nowadays, KESC slogan is “Save Electricity”. But after consequences of my experience I’ll never try to save electricity.
                  I REQUEST HIGHER AUTHORITIES, KINDLY DONT PUT EXTRA BURDEN TO THOSE WHO WANT TO COOPERATE WITH GOVT./KESC/ATHORITIES.
                  PLS CHARGED THOSE THEFTS WHO OPENLY LOOTING RESOURCE OF KESC.

• Ku
                      kumar99 Dec 03, 2009

Posting date: 03-Dec-2009

I agree with the above comments of Rizwan Shamji.
                      I am also facing a similar problem cum trauma.
                      During summers we were getting a bill of average Rs [protected] and when winters started the bill got reduced to around 1200.
                      This was merely not acceptable to KESC who sent me the bill in Oct 2009 on the same reading which was in Sept, and termed the mode as ASSY (AssY=fault in meter) Then again in Nov2009, they did the same thing. On approaching the KESC office (Farid Chambers) i was told that your meter is not working although when i read the meter it was actually billing at an average of 200 units per month as comparred to 400 units which the KESC was sending to me in bills of Oct, Nov2009.

On my protest that why no one cared to inform me, but they had no clues. I live in a residential building with the meter room keys having only with the watchman.
                      We are a 2 member family who both go out for services in the morning at 9am and return in evning around 7pm.
                      We dont have a single buld (only energy savers) and we usually dont cook at home (so very slight use of microwave)
                      We have a 1 ton split aircondition which is lying off since Sept 2009 due to pleasant weather.

I have subitted an application to the Manager KESC on the above woe in Farid Chambers 1st floor (Mr Bashir Instructed this) but i doubt any progress will occur.

Secondly he has told me to submit an application to KESC office in Nursery (lal kothi) and they will install a new meter whose charges of course will be borne by the consumer i.e myself amounting upto approx Rs 700-800.

Point of concern:
                      1) Why the KESC person who detected the fault did not approach me with the problem.
                      2) The meter is running and is giving the right units then why should i go for the replacement.
                      3) If this thing would have occured in summer season, then would the KSE would have still sent me the same units billed although my units would have been much greater.
                      4) I reach late to office due to visits in KESC and get a late marked. Who will compensate for this. KESC?

Conclusion:
                      I think KESC cannot accept the fact that a person whole bill was amounting to Rs 3000 during summer months is now getting Rs 1500 bill. They need to be informed that its winters now and secondly it depends on the family size and usage.

Please would any kind gentlemen look into this issue and resuce us from this traumatised situation.

Rgds
                      Kumar
                      Mob# +[protected]
                      Consumer # LA018099
                      Meter # B96580

SALEEM UD DIN Jun 06, 2013

gaeASSALAM O ALIKUM,
                      JANAB E AALI.
                      hamara ghar jo k A171 block 13 Gulistan e johar Scheme 36 m bna wa hai 'jska 2 kamro m mushtamil hissa jski bijli hamnay khud katwae 10.10.2008 ko application di k hamary lite kat di jae lite kat gae or yeh hissa bnd raha 8 month tk magar KESC iska average bill 400 450 unit ka bhejti rae jski bunyad par 73200 RS ka average bill bheja gaya
                      hmnay bohat application di k hamaray metre k mutabiq bill bnaya jae lekn hamary koe sunwae nae hue.kbhi kehtay hai load maloom kray gay or vo b krlya .hum 4 sal s current bill bhar rae hai kbhi b hamara itna bill nae aya .200 unit s zyada nae aya bill.staff change hota rehta hai naye naye log atay hai naye naye batain krtay hai .koe hamra masla hal nae kr rha hai .bnd ghar ka bjli kati wi thi uska b bill bhejtay rhay.or ab hm say kehtay hai k bill pay karo warna lite kat day gay.APP say guzarish hai k hamray maslay ka hal kia jae jtni bijli hmnay use ki hai us k lihaz s bill lia jae hm say .lite khuleatay waqt b hmnay application di thi hamary pass saray sabot mojood hai .main gareeb insaan hu 4 sal s dhakay kharaha hu mery app s guzarish hai k meray mAslay ko hall kia JAE .
                      Staff members kehtay hai k app log kahi b chalay jae app ka masla hm hi hall kray gay or jo hm kehaty hai wo hi krna parega .
                      CONSUMER NUMBER LA864325
                      ACCOUNT NUMBER [protected]
                      MOBILE NUMBER [protected]
                      THANKS

KARACHI ELECTRIC SUPPLY CORP LTDcomplain for facing un-correct bills by KESC as punishment

AS/0109/MISC/09
                    April 21, 2009

WAFAQI MOHTASIB SECRETARIAT
                    Karachi-Islamabad

Meter No. B 80074 Consumer No AL888067 A/c No.[protected]
                    Sub complain for facing un-correct bills by KESC as punishment

Dear Sir

AS A PROTEST I DONOT SETTLE THE BILL TILL SEEK JUSTICE BUT GOD KNOWS HOW LONG I HAVE TO FIGHT FOR GENUINE RIGHTS.

Please refer to my online complain registered and seek quick solve of my problem from root levels

1. online complain to Governor of Sind PRB-5569-09 Dtd 21.04.09
                    2. online complain Wafaqi Mohtasib, Karachi, ONL/0000115/09 dated 21.04.2009

First I reach the office of WAFAQI MOHTASIB KARACHI to seek immediate justice and support of MR. MUHAMMAD MEMBOOB ALAM, ADVISER but their staffs shows lack of interest and even I shared my problems with them. Wait more than ½ hours later left office and decided to place order and fight for my rights and never accept the wrong billings.

I am more surprised, regret and shocked to face second time un-correct billing by KESC for the month of Apr-09 and more interesting to share after attending the hearing in WAFAQI MOHTASIB KARACHI under the justice of MR. MUHAMMAD MEMBOOB ALAM, ADVISER.

In the CLOSURE FINDINGS it is clearly mentioned and forward to KESC regarding meter showing in-correct reading and need agency attention yet no one yet came us for replacement.
                    Our complain lodge previous were as follows
                    H/6140/08-MMA-957
                    ONL/00035/09-MMA/1230

Further instructed KESC REPRESENTATIVE ( MR. FAROOQ QURESHI of Legal Dept) to send normal billing but why they people include arrears which adjusted in our previous bills. Secondly there KESC representative also claimed that they send adjusted bill to give me rebate.

Month Unit Bill Amounts
                    Nov-08 254 1, 043
                    Oct-08 419 3, 300
                    Aug-08 256 1, 204
                    Jul-08 311 1, 200

We observed that those billing LESS THAN Rs.1, 000 to be consider but still we face high billing as compare to OLD METER, Since the day first I regularly complaining but my first complain take more than 20 months to reach a decision level but still my problems stand at the beginning.

Sindh Governor House - Press ReleaseKESC CEO calls on Sindh Governor KARACHI, October 16: Members of the new ... abreast with the problems being faced by the power consumers in residential and ... Ebad also took note of complaints regarding overcharging in power bills ( why not my complain handle in proper ways)

When my problems will be over and now decided to claim for rebate on accounts of my July 08 to Apr – 09 billing I claimed that KESC over charged by Rs.5, 000 and asked to give me C R E D I T on next billing and adjust my April – 09 bills plus removed the arrears and asking me to pay as punishment for using KESC consumer’s in honest way.

Do not pro-longed my issue and want to solved from the root level and asked KESC if they missed any hearing than charged fined of Rs.1, 000 fine so they people donot skip any hearing for any reasons.

My struggle again begins and seeks justice why not take history from the old meter and compare with new meter than you will realized the difference which we are facing but never KESC feel pain for honest and sincere consumers.

If not willing to solve our genuine problem than humble request to source us good quality of poisons so our entire family dies at once instead of killing us every month close our chapter at once.

Why KESC forget the un-announced load shedding on daily basis in Karachi city which occurs at least 3 to 5 times and duration of load shedding 5 to 8 hours. I don’t sale electricity to any consumers for which KESC taking revenge or punishment. Why treat me a second citizen of Pakistan.

( ASHFAQ SHARIF )

6. Minister of Water and Power Islamabad
                    7. All concern those can support my issue

• Qa
                        Qaum Feb 02, 2011

I fully endorse the plight of Ashfaq Sharif, since I am a similar victim, and have lodged numerous complaints for overcharging KESC billing to Nepra, Sindh Electric Inspector, PRO KESC etc but all in vain, inspite of written undertaken by KESC legal and RPD Officials of "NO DUES' and correction of arrears still I am having the same problem and have to run from post to pillar to get the bill corrected each and every month since July 2010 till Jan 2011.
                        It seems as if KESC and its Management is imune from all Laws of the Land any Eithics and code of conduct
                        it is alleged that a very influential person of Pakistan has acquired 'INTEREST' in KESC with instructions to Squeeze innocent people of Karachi no matter what and openly defai each and every Court of Law, Authority, Diginatary or whatever to acheive the selfish end of minting Money, I strongly URGE the people of Karachi to raise their voice collectively against the Nazism of KESC and thwart its aim to becomE a HITLER

• Kw
                        kw_1997 Feb 24, 2011

PEOPLE FORGET THAT KESC HAS POLITICAL SUPPORT FROM THE HIGHEST ORDER. THATS WHY THEY ARE FLOUTING HIGH COURT ORDERS, ELECTRIC INSPECTOR ORDERS AND EVEN IGNORE SINDH GOVT. MINISTERS ORDERS. KESC IS BUSY MINTING MONEY AND FLEECING THE POOR CONSUMERS. NOBODY IS CONDONING POWER THEFTS OR KUNDA CONNECTIONS BUT KESC SHOULD ABIDE BY NEPRA LAWA. WHICH THEY ARE NOT. BY LAW IF ANY DEFECT IS FOUND IN ELECTRIOC METERS THEN KESC SHOULD INSTALL A CHECK METER TO ASSESS THE ACTUAL LOAD AND THEN THEY CAN CHARGE A MAXIMUM OF SIX MONTHS DIFFERENCE . THIS IS ACOORDING TO NEPRA LEGISLATION CODES 9.1(c) .

I BLAME THE MAJORITY PARTY IN KARACHI WHO WAS IN POWER WHEN KESC WAS PRIVATIZED. THEY SHOULD OPEN A CELL AT 90 TO HEAR OUR COMPLAINTS AND THEN LODGE CASES AGAINST KESC IN COURTS. WE ALONE CAN NOT FIGHT SUCH GIANTS LIKE KESC.

KescKESC woes

Terrible electricity supply in Karachi even during the winter months. All government claims have been totally useless!

• Se
                          selfmade Jan 16, 2009

Electricity supply has been extremely unreliable past few months.

• Se
                          selfmade Jan 18, 2009

the ###ers at the cust. service haven't been responsive at all :(

irshad ali mahar Sep 04, 2011

ah k wasty hamare bukhtawer goth se ham 500 meeter walon ki apeel he hamare goth se kunde utarye or kunde walon ki bhi apeel he k ne meeter lagaye ham 3 ma se bjly k bger bethe hen bakayeda bil bharne k ba ajood ye kesc k kuch afron ko ye apeel achi nahi lagti kyon k as tarah bjly meeter laga k dene se karachi se bjli chori ka rwaj khtam hojayega or onke khanche bhi khtem hojayenge jo gothon walon ki bjly chori ki aad me lakhon k bjli chori karwate hen milo or bady karkhano ko bjli chor karwate hen ham hr ma bakayeda bil bharty hen bil dekhna he tu plz cal me03132122234

• Mo
                          Mohammad Nadeem. Apr 13, 2013

Asalam o alykum! shadman town nerar shadman marriage haal malir ( Kala board center) ki pmt overload hay breaker har 10 minutes k baad trip ho jata, area main 95% paying consumers hain jo k sakht parishani main mubtala hain, breaker trip ho janay k baad cosumers apni madad app k tehat danday say khoud breaker on karta hay jis say breaker kharab honay ka khadsha ya kisi jaani nuqsan ka khadsha hay. pls ya to breaker remove kar dain ya phir beaker direct kar dain ya phir breaker update kara dain ya phir pmt update karadain.
                          Mohammad Nadeem.
                          Malir, Karachi.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices