Walmartvisa debit gift card

K Review updated:

I am a teacher. My class gave me a WalMart Visa debit card for Christmas 2008 for $100.00. I used $21.98 for books for my classroom. I tried to use it again. WalMart could not get it to work. I checked on my balance. It said $50.68 on April 19, 2009. When I had used it in January, it said I had a balance of $78.02. I tried customer service to no avail. I cannot speak to a rep. Where is the $27.34. It says I will get charged if I speak to a real rep. I could not even find a way to do that.

Why cannot Walmart get it to work? It is a WalMart card!

• Ri
    Rick88 Apr 07, 2010

I have a similar problem with the WalMart Visa Gift Card. When I purchased it the outside wrapping stated: Exp Date: 11/30/2010. The card inside stated: Exp Date: 12/09.
    I purchased it in Dec. I took it back to WalMart and it would not process in their machines. I called Visa and only could get an auto reply system. In fact, it stated that if I talked with a service rep it would cost me .50. However, you can't reach a service rep. I checked the balance of the card with Visa and they stated it still has the original 50.00. I can report the card lost/stolen and they will send me a new card but they will take away 5.00. Why do I have to pay 5.00 for their mistake.

mapss05121943 Oct 08, 2011

hello

this question is for walmart debit visa customer service

I do I get a replacement debit visa card for one that has been lost or stolen?

please advise. I do have email, but it is not functional. Mom's either

Please contact me by telephone

ronald parker

606-5231422

• If
    ifyouseekaywhyoweyou Jul 10, 2012

I purchased a walmart visa gift card as I have at the begining of every month for 6months to pay bills online only this time I didnt get my bills paid because your card "walmart" has stolen my money without any rep. to trace it. My billing company tried to remove the money from the account however you wont release it to them, it shows up as the card has been approved but no payment release and yet the part that truelly boils my blood is that the money that hasnt paid my bill and is no longer on the card it was deducted from the balance as if stolen by the visa company itself. So WHERE IS MY MONEY? You people need LIVE reps. for your customers to speak with that can help with this stuff it's not like it's gunna break your budget your walmart for goodness sake. The whole point of these cards is to help struggling people use a credit account that have bad credit, no credit or just need to stop living off overdrafts not for you to take money we've earned for your profit like any bank credit cards do. Isnt it funny how most the complaints on here about these cards is related to money that just disapeared and nobody's around to help find it? Lesson learned hardway.

• Pe
    PeteCoffin Jun 28, 2016

We purchased a Walmart Visa Card April 2015. We put 200.00 on it When we tried to use it, it was declined. Called the number on the back. The AUTOMATED SYSTEM said there wasn't any money on the card. Have the receipt and bank record for verification. There is no way to dispute the claim because there is no way to speak to a live person.. In addition, we can't register the card. I refuse give Walmart 200.00 of MINE AND MY WIFE'S HARD EARNED MONEY.
    After reading the other complaints, it is apparent that this is not an isolated incident. There must be a way to correct the issue. Can someone guide us in the right direction?

• Ra
    Ramiro Gonzalez Jan 23, 2017

I bought 25 $100 visa cards for my employees at Walmart, so far i have received 3 of them where there is a $1 or zero balance. I went to Walmart and they have no answer, They just ask me to call VISA directly, but the phone number and the web site at the back of the cards are automated services and you just have to take the scam.
    Never buy a gift card from Walmart.
    Can someone help me?

• Pa
    Patrick Idzik Jan 15, 2020

I received 2, $25.00 Dollar Walmart Visa gift cards for Christmas. It took multiple tries to register them. I did finally use 1 in the store and went back recently to use the other and it was rejected. I went to the help desk and asked what to do. They told me to call the # on the back of the card. So, I did and it would have been OK if I was talking to an actual person. So, I gave up on the whole idea. I would definitely tell people not to but these, just buy a store card.