Having problems with Walgreens?

Walgreens reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review COVID Vacinne was posted on Sep 18, 2021. The latest complaint I was a prior walgreens employee was resolved on Feb 21, 2019. Walgreens has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1131 reviews. Walgreens has resolved 230 complaints.

Walgreens Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Walgreens Customer Service. Initial Walgreens complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Walgreens above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Walgreens. Discuss the issues you have had with Walgreens and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Walgreens Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

WalgreensPoor patient pharmacy care

Hello, I am a RN who calls in medication for our nephrologist. I have been working to get a medication filled by Walgreens Pharmacy; 1101 McHenry Ave, Modesto, CA 95350. There was a medication called in for a pt 3 different times and the patient was informed on 3 separate occasions that it was not called in. A 4th attempt was made to speak with a pharmacist. I waited on hold for 40mins for a pharmacist. Then called on my personal number and reached a manager who was able to obtain a pharmacist. 1 hour after I started the call... Upon speaking to the pharmacist he states the medication is ready and he does not know who would have said it wasn't ready, and he does not want to have the conversation about how much run around the patient was given. I am sorry but this is POOR patient care!!! Shame on you for not making it easier for the medical staff!!! My expected outcome would be honest care and Efficient medication filling, and not lying to a patient stating that the medical staff did not call something in when they did!! I personal will no use a Walgreens again, too bad i can recommend that to my patients!!!

[protected]@wellbound.com

WalgreensApp coupons never applying to my orders

I take the time to go on the app a d select specific coupons and purchase these items and at checkout they never get applied and when I've mentioned it to the store they say that they can't do anything about it to contact customer service . I shop usually everyday to every other day and every time I select app coupons and they never are automatically applied like there suppose to . Just tonight I should've had a total of $10 taken off my order with $15 in rewards cash applied to my acct and not either of these were applied and this is the first time I've emailed to let u know bc this is a lot of money I keep losing especially to continue to keep shopping at Walgreens when I can go shop elsewhere so I'm hoping you guys will fix this and give me back my money snd apply my rewards to my acct. my email address is [protected]@live.com & name is Shea Schlander & phone number associated with acct is [protected]

App coupons never applying to my orders

WalgreensCharged too much for item.

Bought 18 pack of beer. Coupon on item showed 3.00 off. When I paid for it, it was 3.00 more. The girl told me that item was off sale. They didn't remove the old tag. I told one of the men working their about this and he went over and tore it off. He then proceeded to tare a lot more tags off. The manager went back in the office and came out with a stack of coupons. She told me she is going to change them. I told her these tags should have been put on before you open the doors. I told her that I should get the beer for the 3.00 off because of the sign still on. She told me she didn't have to. So I told them I would make a complaint. She told me go ahead, and I walked out.

Very upset over this situation, that is why I am writing you.

Made a complaint over the phone. They stated they would call me to discuss this problem. NO PHONE CALL [protected]
      TOM

Aug 07, 2021

Walgreens — Refusal to fill prescription

Went to Walgreens on Forbes Ave in Martinsburg, WV on Friday August 6 to get two prescriptions filled. Both...

Aug 04, 2021

Walgreens — Pharmacist/manager

I am a prescribing doctor new to Carlsbad, NM 88220. I called in a prescription after hours for my own son...

WalgreensCovid test pcr

On the 12th of July went to take a PCR covid test got and my compliant is that I never got the test result back and was unable to board my flight. I went back to the 2a Grandview Plazza Shopping Center Florissant Mo, 63033 and found out that my test was never put in the system and if I did not have the paper that they had giving me showing that I had taken the test I would have never been able to prove I had even took a test with Walgreen. This was a HUGE!! inconvenience for me because I was unable to make my trip and it cost me 740.00 I expect to be reimbursed. I spoke with The pharmacy manager Sharde D. Clay and she told me to file a complaint I have also contacted my Attorneys. Please contact me as soon as possible at [protected]

Regretfully Angela Jones

Aug 03, 2021

Walgreens — Over charging and changing the price of the same medication to there needs.

I have been getting the same prescription for a few years at this pharmacy. I presented a Good Rx coupon...

Aug 01, 2021

Walgreens — Neutrogena sunblock call-back by Johnson and Johnson.

Hi, On July 31/21 I returned 6 cans of Neutrogena sun block and asked for my money refunded as part of the...

WalgreensPharmacy services and personnel

We have been having endless problems with our Walgreens Pharmacy on Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT, ever since the previous Rite Aid Pharmacy was taken over by Walgreens.

The pharmacy here is consistently inefficient, unhelpful, and poorly run. For instance, we receive phone messages telling us prescriptions are ready; then, when we drive 40 minutes to pick them up, the pharmacy does not have them ready, or tells us the medication is out of stock, or sometimes denies even having received the RX's from doctor or refill line -- all despite the fact we were called and told RX's were ready for pickup.

I don't understand why what was formerly an efficient and well-run Rite Aid pharmacy, where it was truly a pleasure to shop, has descended into the unpleasant and annoying mess it is today. The friendly, helpful, constant, and knowledgeable Rite Aid Pharmacy staff we dealt with for over 15 years was replaced almost overnight with an ever-changing suite of inexperienced and frazzled counter help, and pharmacists who seem wholly disinterested in whether or not your customers are happy. When we head out to the Walgreens Pharmacy, we never know whether our prescriptions will actually be available or not.

We have held back changing pharmacies because of the inconvenience of switching all our prescriptions over to a new pharmacy. However, the inconvenience of buying prescriptions at Walgreens is rapidly overtaking the inconvenience of changing.

These problems were present well before Covid appeared. There seems to be no one at our store to whom we can report these problems, or who is willing or has authority to do anything to correct them. These problems are not unique to us; everyone we know who is using Walgreens here reports the same trouble.

Does the Walgreens corporate office care about whether your customers are satisfied?

Jul 29, 2021

Walgreens — Pharmacy

Both girls working at the pharmacy in toms river are yelling and threatening a customer. They are both being...

Jul 28, 2021

Walgreens — Covid testing

My name is Thomas Robinson. I got an appointment and was given a "rapid test" which was supposed to...

WalgreensYou Need a Security Guard at all your stores

I go to the Walgreens at 30th and Mission in SF at least 2 to 3 times a week.
            I've been there I have seen robbers run in and fill sacks full of Walgreen's items mostly in the Cosmetics.

They cuss at the the employees and today the thief said he had a knife and scared me and the other customers. Last Sunday I yelled at 2 of the robbers and told them "I see Cops get out of here!" They kept filling their bags.

I have experienced this 3 times in the past month.

Why doesn't Corporate invest in security guards? You had a guard for about a month or more. What happened? You have closed 17 stores in San Francisco. Don't you want to protect your employees and us customers. Or. Are you waiting to close another store.

Invest some money in protection for all of us.

My name: Mauryne Lees, 415.407.5138 or 415.282.5933, email.
            [protected]@yahoo.com
            This is a very serious matter.

Please call me. I need to speak to someone in corporate.

I am an 81 year old woman and we (us customers and your staff) are all in danger.

Walgreenspharmacy ineptitude

Store # 05407 295 Main St. Manchester Ct. 06040
              Incident Date Between: July 20th 2021- July 24th 2021
              First off, my doctor prescribed a pneumonia vaccine for me, due to the issue that it always seemed to be unavailable when I went to get it, or called to schedule it. So before actually going to the pharmacy, I called to confirm that it was available, which I was told that it was. When I went to receive the vaccine, first I was told it would be a five hundred dollar co-pay, which I questioned, come to find out the prescription was inputted into the system as a whole box of vaccine instead of one shot. after finally resolving that problem, I still wasn't able to get vaccinated, because supposedly my doctor prescribed a one milliliter dose instead of a half a milliliter dose. Had to return home, and call doctor's office to resolve the problem, and was told that the issue was resolved hours ago, and that there shouldn't have been a problem. I wasn't able to return until a few days later, and when I did, I was repeatedly asked questions over, and over again. Finally I was told to take a seat, and wait to be given the vaccine. Now after waiting for over a half an hour, I was told they wouldn't give me the vaccine, because they were unsure which one to give me. So once again I had to return home, and call my doctor's office to resolve the issue, which shouldn't have been an issue because my doctor ordered the vaccine I was suppose to receive. They once again call the pharmacy, only to be told that the vaccine was already given to me, which it wasn't, so I called the pharmacy, talked the pharmacist in charge, and he told me the confusion, was a result of them giving my prescription to someone else, and that if I came back tomorrow, they would have everything straightened out, and I would be able to get the vaccine. Well, I went back, and again I was told I couldn't receive the vaccine, due to them having to find out what happened first. He said he didn't want to lose his license. So after going down to the pharmacy three times, wasting my gas, my time, I still have not received the vaccine, I find this to be unacceptable, I realize things happen, but this just too much. This completely unacceptable.

Sincerely Steven Darling E-Mail: [protected]@yahoo.com

Jul 22, 2021

Walgreens — Pharmacist hung up on me

On July 22, 2021 I called Walgreens to check on a prescription that had to be ordered the day before. The...

Jul 15, 2021

Walgreens — Slow service in pharmacy

Store is at corner of Hope Mills Rd and Camden Rd, Hope Mills, NC. Was told that to get a certain drug, the...

Walgreens PharmacyPrescription drugs

I have 13 medications at Walgreens. The lines are long, the prescriptions are out of stock, they substitute when the prescription says no substitutions, the staff is overworked, and it seems to never be the same person twice. I have received the wrong meds, Medications I have taken for 10 years are never in stock. I waited three weeks for test strips for my diabetes. They are going to inadvertently kill someone. Walgreens has traded patient care for profit. Today I could not get my insulin and the tech put me on hold and never got back to me. The tech also gave me the excuse I had to be on flex pens not vials of insulin and that I would have to pay $1500+ dollars out of pocket as Novolog is not covered. They make it up if they do not have answers. Walgreens is jeopardizing my health. Clean up your pharmacies!

• Mi
                    MiaSmith Jul 19, 2021

I had several problems with a Walgreens pharmacy in port neches, Texas. They were becoming more and more incompetent. Luckily, I located the phone number for their corporate office to file a complaint. I suggest you call them. [protected]

WalgreensPharmacy/Pharmacist

I went to Walgreens pharmacy, on Magnolia and Vineland in North Hollywood, today July14th, 2021 at 7:53pm PST, I always refill my prescription at the same Walgreens. The 2, I guess, "assistant pharmacists" were very polite and helpful. Trying everything to help find my prescription. I have never seen this pharmacists Koushyar there before.

My Dr sent an escript to the pharmacy at 12:22pm. They kept calling the pharmacy to ensure they received it. My dr office thought it was strange as well that they were not answering the phone because that pharmacy normally answers the phone.

After the 2 other pharmacy techs could not find my prescription. The pharmacist Koushyar came to the window already irritated. He was so was combative and rude he would not even allow me to finish my sentence.

This is my medical treatment that I have to trust these individuals with I do not trust him at all. Not with my information or my actual pills. I had to raise my voice for him to stop screaming at me to let me finish the sentence.

Jul 12, 2021

Walgreens — Pharmacy constant problems with refills and not researching patient orders

Walgreens in Yorkville Ohio has the worst customer service in the pharmacy several times they have not...

Jul 09, 2021

Walgreens — Customer service pharmacy

The pharmacy at Normandy and Fouracre Jacksonville Florida sucks. They are rude when you call, at any time...

Jul 07, 2021

Walgreens — Incorrectly putting in my refill dates

Walgreens is always finding one way or another to mess with me. May I had an early vacation override approved...