Wal-mart Tire And Lube Dept.wal-mart damaged my engine

N

I recently had my engine replaced 6 months ago and had my oil changed at a different company that usually has a long wait. So since I had some shopping to do I took my van to have an oil change at Wal-Mart. Two days after my oil change my engine started knocking and a plume of smoke came out of the tail pipe. I took my van to my mechanic and he verified my engine blew due to the oil change and that I would need a new engine. I went to Wal-Mart who sent a lady with camera to take pics of my van and who took a small sample of the oil. A few days later Wal-Mart denied my claim based on the pics and a small sample of oil! I wish I knew about Wal-Mart's track record before I let them touch my van. Now I got to buy a new vehicle. Wal-Mart has lost a shopper forever.

• Cr
    crossfader Nov 05, 2010

An oil sample does not lie if done by an outside(non Wal-Mart) based sampler. In your oil sample will be all sorts of evidence of engine wear that is not visable to the naked eye.

• Mi
    Mistyali Mar 04, 2009

I had the same thing happen to one of my cars. Luckily I was related to one of the store managers who helped me get my claim taken care of. Mine was at the Wal-mart in DeFuniak Springs, Fl.