Vodacomnon collection of contract, incompetent staff and extra charges

S Jul 16, 2019

Hi There

Please see communication below,
I have been sent from pillar to post by Vodacom,

On 18 June I received a cellphone deal ordered via online.
Don't have the details of 1st person I spoke to at your Online department on 20Jun to advise that I am not taking the contract and it must be collected (the box is still sealed)
Think it was Suze
I was told that it will take a week or two for the couriers to collect.
On 3 July, I called online again and spoke to Amelia.
She checked the system and advise that it was booked for Ram to collect and it will happen soon.

On 11 July, I called again and spoke to Shannon, she again checked the system and advised that it will be collected soon.
I insisted to have a time frame, but she kept on saying it will be collected soon.

I asked for customer care details as I was not happy with the slow response,
As per communication below, I sent a mail on 11 July and then received the feedback yesterday (as per communication below)

I called After Sales this morning,
Was cut off twice (spoke to Tasha/Sasha and Aubrey)
Then got through to Innocence, she advised that she is unable to assist because her department don't deal with returns older than 2 weeks and I need to call Retention @ 082 1958.
I spoke to Nomtando at Retention who advised that they only deal with contract cancellations and I have to call After Sales again.
Have advised that After Sales don't want to assist and she suggested I ask for Supervisor.

I then called AfterSales again and Lebrino advised he will assist.
He advised that Ram couriers will collect within 3-5 days - by Tue, 23July the latest.

Then I need to call on the 26th again (or he will try to call) for the cancellation and refund.

My complaint is:
• Why has the Online Department not followed the correct procedures - different people all gave me the same incorrect information for 3 weeks while I was already invoiced and debit order deducted for extra cost.
• How do I know that the parcel will be collected by RAM on Tue, 23 July as communicated by Lebrino
• When will the refund for June and July be processed?
• Will I be invoiced for August as well?
• Will I be refunded interest on the money debited off my account because no action taken when I called the 1st time?

Suggest that your staff be trained before they start dealing with the customers.
This causes extra time, frustrations, cost and inconvenience for your customers.

Kind Regards
Susanna Barnard
Cell [protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, 15 July 2019 07:04
To: Sunette Barnard
Subject: RE: Vodacom Customer Care Reply - Authentication Response Ref: 0020PaEJ7EPUYXSH

Good day Sunette Barnard

Thank you for your email.

Kindly contact our Vodacom After Sales on 082 1945 (free from the Vodaacom SIM card) as they are best equipped to assist in this regard.

Operating Hours:
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 17:00
DID YOU KNOW: you can access and monitor your account via the Vodacom Portal/App however you need to be registered.

Regards,
Zimkhitha Magqagqane

Customer Care
eService Team

On 2019/07/12 14:01, Sunette Barnard, wrote:
Hi there

This is the 2nd authentication response e-mail response I receive on e-mail sent yesterday,
What does it mean?
Why do I get to authentication replies?
&
When will I have feedback.

Regards

----- Original Message -----
From: Sunette Barnard
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:53:29 AM GMT
Subject: Poor service delivery - urgent assistance required.

Good Day
I have been waiting 3 weeks for Vodacom to arrange collection of delivery of unwanted online order I placed.
Please see communication below for the original online order that was delivered on 18 June'19
I contacted the Vodacom on 20 June19 to advise that the person who I wanted to give the contract will not be taking it.
The box was not opened yet and they said it will be collected.
It is now 3 weeks later and 3 calls with long holding time, the box was still not collected.
When I called earlier, I was told it will be collected soon, but unable to advise when it will be collected.
&
I have been invoiced for this and now has to pay for something not being used, even when you credit me, I will have to wait another month for the credit. That is if you will credit me.
You can track the details on my ID number [protected] or my main cell number [protected]. (also attached my ID for verification)
Your customer care number 083135 is not adding any value either, when I call the number, it gives me my billing information when I press "0"
Please need the following:
Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:29 PM
Subject: Vodacom application
To:

Hi Susanna
We have received your Vodacom contract application (reference number VODACOMDIREC-[protected]) but before we can process it, we need to check a few things.
A Call Centre agent will contact you shortly for more information, or keep an eye on your email for more information on your application.
You can track the status of your application to see how it is progressing.
PLEASE NOTE:
• Our RAM agents will request to see your ID book, Smart ID card or valid passport used to create the order before they deliver the device.
• Your device will be delivered on a weekday between 8 am and 5 pm, depending on delivery address and location.
Your order details

Contract duration 24 months
Data allocation 0 MB data per month
Minute allocation R125 airtime month
SMS allocation 0 SMSs per month
Delivery cost Free next day delivery

Total cost (incl. VAT) R199.00 p/m

Got questions?
Call us on 082 17844, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone.
While roaming abroad, dial +[protected] to speak to Customer Care agent.