VizioWarranty/replacement

B

Did you know... that if you need to have your NEW Vizio TV sent back for a replacement unit, you will NOT get a new unit unless you pay extra according to Vizio employees that I have spoken with. You will get a recertified unit, which could be something that was previously fixed or if a store has too many, they are sent back to Vizio opened, checked, and sent out. Also...did you know that the warranty on the replacement unit begins when YOU call to request to begin the process NOT once you have received the new or recertified unit. At this writing, I contacted them on 10/4/11 and my recertified unit will not be shipped from California for another 2-3 days so it looks as though I may only have a 60 day warranty - not a 90 days warranty. What I have had to go through, it doesn't seem as though they are willing to back up their product or what their employees have told me...a replacement unit would have a one year warranty. They said a number of times during our discussions that I could PURCHASE an extended warranty on the replacement unit, again, consumer having to spend more money on a new and defective unit... Boy do I feel like I was mislead. The said part of this story is that they were not willing to help the consumer out. No other options given because I was told, "if we do it for you, we would have to do it for everyone else." I guess everyone else doesn't matter to them either, but you can be sure of one thing...I will never buy another Vizio product again!!!