Sixth Avenue Electronics City Logo

Sixth Avenue Electronics City

Having problems with Sixth Avenue Electronics City?

Sixth Avenue Electronics City reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 11, 2009. The latest review poor practices and collection was posted on Jul 17, 2011. The latest complaint poor practices and collection was resolved on Jul 17, 2011. Sixth Avenue Electronics City has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 12 reviews. Sixth Avenue Electronics City has resolved 11 complaints.

Sixth Avenue Electronics City Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixth Avenue Electronics City Customer Service. Initial Sixth Avenue Electronics City complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixth Avenue Electronics City above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixth Avenue Electronics City. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixth Avenue Electronics City and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixth Avenue Electronics City Complaints & Reviews

Sixth Avenue Electronics — poor practices and collection

How can you trust a company which is driven by owners who are greedy enough to cheat customers and vendors by...

6th Avenuewarranty

I purchased a TV from this vendor on 9/4/2010 date, along with the optional extended coverage warranty. After 34 days, the TV failed and would not power on. I called the store for an exchange, but was denied. I was told by 6th Ave that I had to contact the manufacturer because it was within the original manufacturer warranty period. The TV was picked up on Oct 26th. After waiting for 6 weeks, I contacted 6th Ave to get a status. At this time, the TV was in for service longer than I owned it. I was told by 6th ave that there was a mistake on their part, and I should have called their service company instead. The broken TV was returned to my home and I called 6th Ave again to ask for a replacement because of the time I have been without the unit. I was then told I had to create another service call, and it may be several more weeks before I can get my TV back and repaired again. Even though I purchased an additional extended warranty, I have not been able to have my TV fixed for nearly 7 weeks, with no ETA on the repair. This was a brand new unit, with an extended warranty. If 6th Ave had given me correct information from the beginning, there is a chance I would have my TV fixed already. As of now, I have no status, a broken TV, an making payments on a broken TV, and they will not assist me in any way

6th Ave. Electronics — double tax

I went to 6th Ave. Electronics today to return a defective camera. The camera was still under warranty and I...

Woodland Park

6th Ave Electronics, 6 Ave Electronics, Six Ave Electronics, Six Avenue Electronics,run around and false promises ever since.

John of Mattituck, NY October 22, 2009

I purchased 50 inch Panasonic Plasma TV on 1/4/09. It stopped working on 9/1/09. Called the company up 9/6/09. On 9/9/09 two service men arrived and said a part was defective and left the residence. Returned 9/29/09 installed a part called D-PCB and the unit still would not work.They removed the TV from home and have been getting the RUN AROUND and FALSE PROMISES ever since.

James of Mastic Beach, NY September 18, 2009

I purchased a Marantz receiver from 6th Ave. Electronics, 1000 Nesconset Highway, Smithtown New York, 11767 on July 21, 2009 for 564.84 at 2:29 P.M. On July 25, 2009 I decided to return the receiver. A salesman named Guiseppe offered me 51.05 off the original price to hold on to the receiver, so I obliged at 12:58 P.M. making the new price 513.79. At 2:00 P.M. on July 25, 2009 I decided that I still wanted to return the receiver. I went back to 6th Ave., found Guiseppe, and asked to return the receiver for full credit. The girl who processed my return handed me a cash register receipt and nothing more.

About a week later I noticed the credit had still not been refunded. I also discovered that I was billed duplicate for both of selling prices of the receiver. Not only was I billed for the 564.84, but I was also billed for the 513.79. Upon this discovery I went back to the store and was helped by the Store Manager J. Benevitis. Mr. Benevitis informed me that the weekend of the July 25-26 the store encountered issues with their credit card system.

Hundreds of purchases had to be processed manually in the wake of the outage. He mentioned to me that my return issue was not something unusual, there are several individuals with the same issue. Mr. Benevitis printed out my transactions and photocopied my receipts, for his records, and informed me that he would pass the information to Corporate who would take care of the issue. All throughout August I spoke with Mr. Benevitis regarding this issue which he assured me that Corporate was taking care of the case.

On September 4, 2009 I spoke to Mr. Benevitis again over the phone. I told him that the credit has still not been refunded. He suggested that I try contacting the Corporate office. At this point I decided to open a dispute with Mastercard and faxed my information at 9:00 A.M. on September 4, 2009. I then called the Corporate office and spoke to Silvana. Silvana asked me to fax my information over to her and she would take care of the issue. I faxed the information at 11:00 A.M.

On September 15, 2009 at 10:57 A.M. EST I was contacted by A. Garza from the Mastercard Disputes Department. Ms. Garza informed that I needed to supply further documentation for my case. The receipts that I submitted were not sufficient. A proof of return was needed. On September 16, 2009 I contacted Mr. Benevitis again and mentioned that Ms. Garza needs further documentation to help my claim. Mr. Benevitis stated that his Corporate office contacted him and informed him that money was credited back to my Mastercard on August 20, 2009. Mr. Benevitis mentioned that there was nothing else he could do at the store level and my problem needed to be taken up with Corporate and my credit card company. He stated that he would not be able to give me a copy of my transaction due to Corporate policy.

After speaking to Mr. Benevitis I called the Gotomycard.com customer service line at [protected], informed them of my predicament, and was transferred to Ms. Garza. Ms. Garza and I attempted to conference call Mr. Benevitis where he once again informed us that he cannot help us on the store level and that we would need to contact Corporate.

Ms. Garza asked Mr. Benevitis if 6th. Ave contested the repayment, which he answered "No", there is no problem with the refund, and 6th Ave. should have refunded the money by now. Mr. Benevitis was unwilling to cooperate any further and gave Ms. Garza the Corporate phone number. Ms. Garza attempted to contact the 6th Ave. corporate office as Mr. Benevitis advised, but was met to no avail. Ms. Garza left a voicemail.

Now I owe the credit card company 1078.57. 6th Ave. will not provide info regarding the refund and my credit card company cannot credit my account without proof. I'm just as upset with my Master Card dispute department, they are pretty much telling me I'm stuck paying since 6th Ave. will not provide evidence of a refund.

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/6th_avenue_electronics.html#ixzz0UiPcTE4j

Sixth Avenue Electronics. 6 Avenue Electronics. 6 Ave.combad experience and will never purchase from the store

My name is John, I purchase an LCD 52 inch TV with cables, the cables were 3 times the cost that you would get them from other stores and online. They are misleading when purchasing the TV they do not provide with correct information, Called Headquarter customer service and all they have is a recording for you to leave a message. When you call the store where I purchase the TV from and request to talk to manager Emanuel Alpar, customer service will have an excuse that manager is busy and will call you later, which he never does. (customer service at paramus, store like to put you on hold for 20 minutes). They do not return anything but only give you credit for what you purxhase. I will never purchase anything from 6th ave store, and will never recommend anybody to buy anything from the store especiall the store in Paramus, NJ.

• Mi
          MikeHunt Nov 09, 2010

THIS COMPANY SUCKS! TAKE YOUR BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE! DAMN STORE MANAGER IN THE CARLE PLACE, LONG ISLAND LOCATION ALMOST GOT HIS [censor] KICKED FOR HIS WISE COMMENTS AND LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM! COME TO THINK OF IT, HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BEAT DOWN!

• Ra
          Ray t Aug 20, 2009

From the volume of negative reviews online about 6th Ave.com, I knew I had to be very proactive when ordering from them. I called and talked to the Television Sales Manager, Chris, and he verbally verified that the Panasonic TC-P42U1.was in stock. I ...

• Ri
          Richard Gibbons Jun 20, 2009

The item was shown in stock, processed my credit card, they accepted my money, then I waited for something. No response, a week later I called and it was on back order. They never called to inform me of the situation. Poor customer service. After canceling my order it took over a week for my card to be refunded. I will not do business with these folks again.

John Jun 17, 2009

Horrible customer service. Took two weeks for them to tell me that the item I ordered was delayed and it would be another 1-2 weeks for that item to even ship. No contact, generic form emails and just bad customer service all around.

• Ra
          Ralph Jun 16, 2009

6th Avenue Electronics is a group of stores located in the NJ, Long Island areas of NY, and Montgomeryville, PA. The sales they're running online are the same ones running locally this weekend.

Your shopping experience will probably be no better or worse than any other electronics website. Buyer beware.

Jay Jun 15, 2009

They do not let you return products even if you want a store credit. They are the pits...they will not get any more of my money...I will not shop there. People need to beware.

John Jun 12, 2009

My name is John, I purchase an LCD 52 inch TV with cables, the cables were 3 times the cost that you would get them from other stores and online. They are misleading when purchasing the TV they do not provide with correct information, Called Headquarter customer service and all they have is a recording for you to leave a message. When you call the store where I purchase the TV from and request to talk to manager Emanuel Alpar, customer service will have an excuse that manager is busy and will call you later, which he never does. (customer service at paramus, store like to put you on hold for 20 minutes). They do not return anything but only give you credit for what you purxhase. I will never puchase anything from 6th ave store in Paramus, NJ and will never recommend anybody to buy anythinh from the store especiall the store in Paramus, NJ.

Sixth Avenue Electronics. 6 Avenue Electronics. 6 Ave.com — bait and switch

Company information: SIXTH AVENUE ELECTRONICS. 6 AVENUE ELECTRONICS. 331 Route 4 West United States Phone...

Sixth Avenue Electronics. 6th Ave Electronics. 6 Ave Electronics. 6 Ave.comsixth avenue electronics. falsee advertising and price ripoff

Do not believe these guys. They are frauds. They do not have the items, they say they have. Requires many calls .I reached a rude person Damiano Amato sale #3491, who was not very helpful. I will not shop here any more.

Sixth Avenue Electronics. 6th Ave Electronics. 6th Avenue Electronics. — do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

This company sent me a 50" LG Plasma and the screen was cracked. It looked like someone had taken it and...

Sixth Avenue Electronics City — stay away from this seller.

I placed an online order for a Blu-ray player on Marc 16, and paid through paypal. On March 20, called them...

Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Avecustomer service is not honest and full of lied.. customer service is not honest and full of lied

Stay away from this company. Customer service is not honest and full of lied.

Here is my buying experiences:
          I purchased the lcd tv mount on 3/3/09. I called on 3/06/09 to get the order status, he male rep told me that they are out of stock on the mount and they are in process of fulfilling them. The on next tuesday 3/10/09, they send me an email stating my order is cancelled due to credit card problem. The credit card I used is amex gift card, I call the amex and they told me that the amount of money is preauthorized already by 6ave.. Therefore, I called 6th ave. This time the female rep told me that my shipping address is not matching with my credit card company. I told her this is a gift card from amex. Then she told me that they don't accept gift card as form of payment. I asked her why the last male rep didn't told me this when I called in for order status. She said I don't know. And she lied to me that someone call me to notify me before cancellation. Which is not true. However, I told her that I can used different card now and replace this order. The she transfer me to this male sales rep. He told me that I can't replace this order because they don't have it in stock. So the conclusion is "this company is full of # and will cancel your order without notification"

Stay way!!!

• T1
              t104blue Mar 12, 2009

Use your Amex card to DIScredit thrm. A poor reference with High Enders will hurt!

Sixth Avenue Electronics / 6th Ave — bait and switch!

Bait and switch! Was emailed that my order shipped then Scott called and informed me that my tv is damaged...

6th Ave Electronics — complaints

sent the following complaint to 6th ave electronics thro their feedback email id ...