VizioVizio smartcast™ 40” 5.1 sound bar system (sb4051-d5)

J

I purchased the VIZIO Smart Cast™ 40” 5.1 Sound Bar System (SB4051-D5) January 28, 2017. Two weeks later, my unit simply stopped working. No sound, no activity, no warning. I called Vizio customer service to try and resolve the situation and do some troubleshooting. Nothing from either end seemed to work. Vizio support decided they would send me a return shipping label so I could send the unit back to their warehouse. I packed up the whole unit and shipped it back on February 15, 2017. Once the unit was received, I was sent an email saying the unit had reached the warehouse and was being looked at. So far so good, but this was the beginning of my nightmare. I received a call from someone in Vizio support saying they could not fix the unit and a part that was needed was not available. Let’s stop here for just a sec and take this in. Vizio, you MAKE THIS STUFF. How do you not have a part available in a warehouse that receives Television and Audio equipment from all over the country? This is the equivalent of taking a car you just bought back to a dealership for a bad part and they tell you “We need to send your car back to the assembly line to figure out what’s wrong”. That should have been my first warning. Needless to say, it was a disappointment. Thus began the process of trying to get a refund. On February 22nd, Vizio then decided they would refund my money back for the defective product. I received another email saying to send a picture of the original receipt. Unfortunately, my receipt could not be located as I may have placed it in the box when I shipped it off. We’ll come back to that in a second. I was able to contact the retailer I purchased this unit from and received an email print out of the entire transaction. I finally received a reply March 2nd and of course, something is wrong. Vizio only accepts receipts with the company logo printed on it. So let’s just forget the fact that I CALLED THEM to troubleshoot the product, had a label sent to ME to return the unit, and then mailed the unit back to THEM and had a case number created! I guess only a criminal would go through all of that for a refund. I called Vizio customer service again today to try and resolve this. I figured that Vizio can mail me back the defective unit; I will take it back to the original place of purchase (Since they know I did in fact buy it from them) and get my refund that way. Here is where the story manifests into absurdity. It turns out that customer service does not have phone numbers to the shipping warehouse where units are received. They can only email the location and wait for a response (24-72 hours). Let me repeat that, CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT ITS VERY OWN WAREHOUSE. This is the equivalent of calling your phone company to get information about phones, and they say you can only email them questions about PHONES. I’m not yelling, but you have to appreciate the irony that the very point of customer service is to be a focal point for customers’ issues. Now I must wait for someone to hopefully contact me to see IF a return is possible, if not, sucks to be me. Will I buy a Vizio product in the future? Only if EVERY single electronics company in the world went bankrupt, and even then, I have doubts.