Virgin Active — problems with club membership agreement
I entered an agreement of a gym membership at Virgin Active (Cape Town South Africa) for a period of 1 year. I have checked on the complaintsboard.com and found that there are many consumers who have this complaint.
After my year contract ended, funds were being deducted from my account on a continued monthly basis even though i was overseas and i was not accessing the gym for these months and even 2 months prior to leaving i was not accessing the gym. When opening the account, i was not informed that this membership would continue after the 1 year. I find this to be very misleading to consumers.
2/3 Months after returning, i received a call saying that i owe certain amount for the monthly deductions. Surely if a member hasn't been accessing the gym, there is a valid reason and why would any person let money be deducted from their account when all it takes is a call or a letter being sent to cancel the ongoing membership after this year.
Finally, to conclude. I recently opened a new membership with Virgin Active, assuming this previous issue which i had last heard from in October 2005 was resolved. Virgin Active NOW, opens a new membership for me and i pay my joining fee, then when i came to access the gym, my card was denied. Not only did they make me drive all the way out to gym, but this was an embarrassing experience too.
They now say that i need to pay this outstanding amount before i can access the gym again. Even though i don't mind paying this fee, i should NOT have to pay this.
In my view, they are very misleading in their approach and i am extremely unsatisfied with this service.
I thank you for viewing my complaint.
Carl Cronje' Drive
More Virgin Active Complaints & Reviews
- Virgin Active - gym membership cancellation
- Virgin Active South Africa - bad customer service
- Virgin Active (Waterstone Village Somerset West) - multiple debit orders
- Virgin Active - personal training structure
- Virgin Active - cancellation of contract
- Virgin Active South Africa - faulty fitness equipment
- Virgin Active South Africa - new staff
- Virgin Active South Africa - complain about bad services and unfair treatment
- Virgin Active - equipment is so outdated!!!
- Virgin Active South Africa - sunvally virgin active