Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Food Village Inn Restaurants cold food!
S
Author of the complaint
1:33 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Village Inn with my brother and a friend. I ordered the chicken with mashed potatoes. We were eating and having a fund time but when I went to eat the chicken, it was ice cold. I wasn't going to say anything a first because I'm really not the type to complain but my brother called our waitress over and told her my chicken was cold. It wasn't even that it was luke warm as if it has been sitting out for a while, it was ice cold like it had not been cooked properly! Very sanitary. Anyways, the waitress says she will get the manager. After a few minutes, a woman walks over, doesn't identify herself as the manager or anything and asks if we need anything. Assuming she was just another waitress who wanted to refill our soda or whatever, we say no.

As soon as she walks away, I start to wonder if that was the manager so I ask our waitress to send her over again. She comes back over, I tell her that the chicken is ice cold. What I can't get over is her response to my complaint. She said "You didn't say anything the first time I came over so the most I will do is put it in the microwave." It had been maybe a couple minutes since she had been over the first time. I didn't even know what to say to that. She did say she would get me something else, but I would have to pay for both meals. Of course I ended up paying for the chicken because what else was I supposed to do, but I've told all my friends and family about it and they were just as disgusted as I was and said they will never eat there again!

Helpful? 0 0

Village Inn Restaurants - overcharge my meal by double
9 comments
J
Oct 19, 2019 1:33 am

I have a pay stub for 27 hours I called my boss said the pay was right I didn't recieve a penny of my paycheck please exolain why also I have my time card proving I worked these hours. If you would like to see it

View 0 more photos
D
Nov 13, 2018 1:33 am

Today three of us visited the Castle Rock Co resturant. Our waiter, Diana was awesome, took our separate orders and was so polite. We definitely plan on coming back on a regular basis. Our breakfast was cooked to perfection. Great employee

D
Nov 07, 2018 1:33 am

I forgot give this 5 stars

U
Oct 21, 2018 1:33 am

I seen the workers smoking what appears to be crystal meth in parking lot overheard a convo being held about a they get it from a gentleman name jack

S
Oct 21, 2018 1:33 am

Every time we go in the general manager is too busy either screaming at or bullying the employees. She wouldn't even come out to talk about their food mistake after asking to speak to the manager. Very unprofessional and we will not be back!

C
Sep 04, 2018 1:33 am

Purchased a pie from Village Inn in Omaha Nebraska 132nd street. Was very disappointed when I opened the pie and saw an entire space without pecans. When purchasing a pie it would be nice to have the entire pie have pecans. Not the first time this has happened just hate the disappointment.

View 0 more photos
F
Sep 01, 2018 1:33 am

While dining at the Village Inn in Suffolk on College Drive I overheard the general manager (Iris) stating that she was going to fire the 4 pregnant employees due to the fact she was tired of them using the restroom due to their pregnancy, if nothing is done about this situation I will be contacting the EEOC to help these young women.

P
May 25, 2015 1:33 am

MY Husband and a friend and i went to village inn and I ordered a turkey dinner which came out no cranberrys and no dressing as pictured in the menu .THEY dont want to give the customer what they ordered they should not get a TIP! ! THIS HAPPENED AT THE ONE ON DODGE STREET IN Omaha, nebraska

C

From Des Moines myself I have seen over the past few years a decline in Village Inn Customer service and food quality, in the late 70s a friend turned me on to Eggs Benedict and the only place that made it good was Village Inn it was one of their signature dishes. A new restaurant opened up in Altoona so we went there at first the service and food was good but in the last year it has gone down hill. Six months ago I ordered Eggs Benedict and I told the server make sure the eggs are poached a soft the way they're supposed to be but when they arrived they were hard as rocks so I sent them back again saying that the eggs needed to be soft but when they came back the eggs weren't poached they were fried and hard again.

I'm not the shy or timid type and I was starting to get heated so I sent them back again pointing out that this is supposed to be a VI signature dish and gave the server instructions on how the dish was to be served but when it came back for a third time the eggs were poached but again hard as rocks. I told him that I had no intentions on paying for their mistake and ordered a hamburger instead.

Fast-forward to tonight the day before Thanksgiving the only reason we went back was to pick up a pie (which they were out of) but no matter I thought I would give him one last try thinking that maybe the chefs had been changed, nope no such luck the eggs were again hard as rocks even after I explained to the waitress to poach them soft, I sent them back and they returned in the same condition poached hard as a rock. This is the last time I will eat at The Village Inn, I demanded and received the charge for the dish be taken off of our check.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

180 complaints