[Resolved] Viking River Cruisesairfare from amsterdam to salt lake city

L Aug 06, 2018

My husband and I booked a river trip from Amsterdam to Budapest leaving on Sept 17, 2018 to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Other family members and friends are also going on the cruise from various points around the country. One of the main reasons we chose this cruise was the availability of nonstop flights from Salt Lake back and forth to Amsterdam. We paid for Air Travel Plus and in due time booked nonstop flights to and from. I rechecked the flights on Delta/KLM a month ago and everything was fine. We just received our final travel documents from Viking and we have been taken off the nonstop returning from Amsterdam and put on a flight that connects through Seattle. This adds hours to our travel time and is truly disappointing. The original flight we were on did change flight numbers, from KLM 6027 to KLM 57 but it is the same flight, leaves the same time, nonstop, etc. I have now talked to Viking, KLM, and Costco Travel (who we used as a travel agent). KLM told me the travel agent can change it, they just don't want to. Costco Travel told me we could pay a change fee of $700 (for my husband and myself) for booking changes and we could be put back on the nonstop flight we originally booked. Costco Travel is having one of their supervisors look into this but I don't hold out much hope. I will never book airfare through a cruise operator again. My future recommendations about Viking will depend on whether this situation can be improved upon. I feel as though we are being extorted to pay $700 to get back on the flight we originally had booked.

• Resolution Statement

resolved.

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response · Aug 07, 2018

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding anniversary, Linda Abbie! Thirty-five years certainly calls for a celebration and we’re honored that you chose to do so with us. It is disappointing to learn about the change in your flight schedule and, while we appreciate the details you’ve provided here, we’re interested in taking a closer look at your situation; kindly send your booking information along to [protected]@vikingcruises.com. We hope to hear from you soon, Linda Abbie, and wish you a wonderful day.

• Updated by Linda Abbie · Aug 07, 2018

Resolved, please delete my account and the complaint