Vida Vacations / VidantaTimeshare scam

We posted last week about being lied to and Vida has met our verifiable complaint with silence. They can't deny we were lied to because we have proof. So the just hope that nobody will notice this post. Customer Service believes in ignoring problems rather than actually dealing with them.

Ours was their typical bait and switch routine with a side of healthy rental. They don't deny either one was used to induce us to buy because as I say I have proof. They know that going to Mexico and contending the lies is unrealistic. They string out the process so the consumer doesn't realize they've been sold something that's not even close to what you actually get.

The contract is designed that way because they knew before they met us they were going to lie to. If you've seen the YouTube video The Philanthropist and is Mayan Empire you would know that it was a completely organized system to deceive. Just look at the rental list, then google each one of the agents...they go from bad to worse. Why in the world would they send me this six months after we buy knowing it would be completely useless. It just goes to show they are not to be trusted!!

We understand that they have changed the lies they tell...but they still LIE!! And we will continue to post here and other consumer sites to warn other unsuspecting consumers about Vida's HUGE problem with telling the truth...

Mary M

Mark Miles Mar 02, 2016

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

• Ef
    EF0325 Dec 23, 2014

Vida Vacations Vidantas Ruthless Cirques Of Deception!!

This is absolutely shameful that Vidanta refuses to recognize my legitimate complaint and forces me to make public my grievance. If I was the party that was being untruthful then they would have a legitimate complaint that what we are doing is extortion. I stand by my story.

These are excerpts from previous posts with Karen Rose Vidanta's PR person:

"as stated in your contract, remember the company makes no representations regarding the market for vacation ownership rentals or resale, nor recommends buying this product for rentals, resale or investment".

"we look forward to helping you both within the legal boundaries of your memberships with us and we remain at their service".

My response:

Ms. Rose, I don't dispute that your contract covers what you state. What I am disputing is how the contract was achieved, something that I've stated in each of my posting but something you refuse or can't address without admitting culpability.

Fraud: If one person knowingly made a material misrepresentation that the other person reasonably relied upon, and disadvantaged the other person. A material misrepresentation is an important untruth. The contract may be set aside on the grounds of fraud. Fraud requires an outright lie, or substantial failure to state a material fact about an important part of the contract. Fraud will invalidate a contract. Thus we contend the contract you mention is invalid.

You refer to legal boundaries, does Vida consider pitching rent and resale to prospective members within legal boundaries knowing it’s a benefit that will NEVER be achieved? If I understand you correctly you're saying that Vida sales reps can misrepresent your product to unsuspecting clients tell them whatever is needed to achieve the sale, and Vida policy is that this practice is within legal bounds and Vida will support this duplicitous way of selling. Due to the facts I’ve presented this is the only conclusion one can draw. It’s worth mentioning, this contract has never been used. Although the contract says it’s not to be purchased for investment, the sales team made repeated assurances that rental income and the resale of the Shell property was not going to be a problem.

Yes, I am guilty of believing the Vida sales team. And Vida’s position Ms. Rose, is that was a mistake on my part? This entire contract was achieved via lies and deception. Please address why you allow such deceptive sales practices and then blame the unsuspecting consumer for believing what they were told by sales reps representing Vida Vacations.

Resort Rentals Mexico was on the list of brokers that came so highly touted by Vida sales, this link will demonstrate my point that I was scammed:http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/12/virginia-usa-timeshare-news-december-6-2014/

Ms. Rose we urge you to reconsider your position.

Elvira

• De
    deb sara Dec 08, 2014

Unfortunately, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. These allegations are unfounded as many members have indeed exchanged their membership with our real estate partners.

The above is a response from Karen Rose (Vida Customer Service) who was posting a story similar to ours about lying Vida reps.. What's unfortunate for Vida is what these people they accuse of spreading misinformation are saying is exactly what happened to us and many others who litter the timeshare forums with their horror stories.

It's true what they say...there is damage being done to their reputation...however, it is being cause by THEIR sales teams. This is yet another example of Vida behaving badly and blaming others for their duplicitous ways. Incredible!!!

Ms. Rose we urge you to reconsider you position.

Deb