The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Verizon — return of defective phone
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
On July 2, 2009 I went to this Verizon store to replace a defective cell phone. The store processed the replacement request and advised me that the new phone would be mailed via FedEx to the delivery address. The phone is my nieces who I have on my account. On July 3, 2009 the replacement phone arrived. We swapped out the battery, boxed the defective phone up and made sure the return label was on the box before we deposited the return box with phone inside in the FedEx drop box outside the above mentioned Verizon store as instructed and this was done on July 8, 2009. When I received my phone statement in August there was a charge on the bill for this defective phone. I called Verizon and they informed me that the phone had not been returned as of the closing date of the bill. I asked them to investigate and was given a reference number bu the customer service department ([protected]). About 2 days after this request I received a return call from Verizon stating the phone never made it back to their return warehouse. They advised that I call FedEx and have them track it. Since the time the phone was returned I have misplaced the copy of the tracking number. I called FedEx and asked them to track it from the day I dropped it in the FedEx box because I thought they would have a record of what was picked up on that date since they have a scanner and can scan the tracking number. FedEx advised me that they only keep information for 7 days which I find very hard to believe. There has to be a record somewhere in their organization of what was picked up at that box on July 8, 2009. I am trying to resolve this but am getting no help from either Verizon or FedEx on this. Verizon states I am responsible for the return of the defective box and if it is not found then they will charge me $279.00 whic is excessive for a broken phone. I feel that FedEx has to have a record on that return box somewhere and they are just not willing to help with this. I have no reaosn to keep a defective phone and I do have a person who was there when I dropped the return box.
More Verizon Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service!
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems!
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints