Verizon Communications Logo

Verizon Communications

Having problems with Verizon Communications?

1300 I Street, NW, Suite 400 West
Washington, District of Columbia
United States - 20005

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Verizon Communications.

Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Wirelessmegabyte usage

I'm furious. Our government needs to get involved when too much power and freedom is given to companies such as Verizon Wireless. I'm not ignorant in fact, I'm a nurse and didn't see this Megebyte Usage charge coming as didn't many others I assume. The blocks verizon has developed blocked your picture messaging that you pay for. I propose at least a clear written explanation be given upon plan purchase or for government's sakes get involved, we are being wripped off.

• Bu
      Burt 96 Oct 30, 2009

I also had an extra large charge to my September 2009 phone bill for megabyte usage.
      Initally I was told if I purchase the $60.00 month wireless card plan I would have unlimited internet usage. Now after 2months of service my verizon bill is over $450.00
      I was also told I would have my 20% employee discount applied to my bill. I have been informed the discount does not apply to me since I got the unlimited cell phone package.
      Verizon wireless practiced deceat to their costumers and should not be allowed to continue these practice.

Verizon - Internet Security Suite / 3shut down windows os

I thought I had found a great online software tool, created by my Internet company ( all FIOS Services) by Verizon, as there " Internet Security Suite/3", no chance. After downloading and installing the software, during reboot of my Dell hardware with XP Home Edition, the system shut down due to a problem with guess who, yes Verizon Software. It took hours of hold time to get thru to Techs whom I know are thoroughly frustated with trying to solve the problem of not beaing able to boot up windows, so guess what you can't even use your system off line. The Verizon solution, we are sorry your account will be credited for your purchase, you need to go to your hardware supplier and PAY to have them remove and uninstall our malicious software that caused the problem in the first place. By the way, we can't pay you for any hardware service charges, sorry your safe mode will not open either.

I pay them over $2, 500 a year for full FIOS - Phone, TV and Ineternet but not for long.

Verizon — return of defective phone

On July 2, 2009 I went to this Verizon store to replace a defective cell phone. The store processed the...

Verizon Wireless — wrongful termination

*shame on you verizon wireless* I was a sales rep for verizon wireless for 4 years. I consistently met and...

Verizon billing, customer service, etc

Verizon officially sucks. Originally ordered a bundle package and caught on my bill that they did not in fact bundle my services. Now, it is a 2-3 month wait for the "bundle request" to go through... This should have been bundled from the beginning. Thats how I ordered the services!!! Needless to say, I literally have spent at least an hour and a half on the phone with verizon each time that i've had to call them. You get bounced around from one rep to another and at the end... Nothing was accomplish or rectified. They never have a supervisor available. When they are supposed to call you back... They don't. Game packages, protection packages, extra modems... All billed to me when I specifically detailed I did not want this things. Worse worse worse absolutely worse experience ever. Too much to write about, but have only had them for 2 months and have had 5 discrepencies with this company. Dear: time-warner cable, please provide services in norfolk, va asap! We'll gladly give you our money.

-pissed off verizon customer

We just moved to va from tx. If you can avoid verizon's residential services in norfolk area. Please do. Save yourself the headache and hours on the phone arguing with customer service.

Verizon Fioshorror story about fios

I recently had FiOS installed in my home. After the first time the "set top box" (cable box) was turned on there were problems.
        Accross the screen, purple pixels appeared. The installation tech said "OH whats this" with a puzzled look on his face. He unplugged the HDMI cable, powered down the cable box and then powered it back on. The pixel problem went away but the TV turned on and off on its own a few times, then came on with no obvious resolution problems.
        A couple of hours later I go to watch TV and I had the same problem with it turning on and off. Only this time the TV came on with only grey and black bars running vertically on the display. Sweet right, I call that crystal clear reception, way better than ComCast. Ha I was getting pissed at this point.
        I called the Joke center, I mean call center for some technical support and I got no technical anything. They got the issues the cable box was having to work right, and then passed off the damage done to my TV as NOT THERE PROBLEM. The only thing I was told is "Sir our equipment works fine, Your TV is broken". DURRP I know the TV is broken your equipment did the damage. "Well sir I am not trained to fix Samsung TV's".
        Those scoundrels, (old school Batman saying) There trying to tell me that Year and a bit old TV, the one that I researched the hell out of to find the most reliable, was going to break and it is simply a coincedence that their equipment was installed around the same time.

Don't Use Fios at all the quality is not any better than the service your using now.

DON'T USE VERIZON their customer service sucks.

Show any body who is planning on using Fios this warning Please.

• Un
            Unhappy Cali Customer Sep 24, 2009

I am having the same exact problem. The first couple days were fine. Except that every once in a while when I turned the TV on I would get a bunchof purple pixels scattered across the screen. Over time my TV would take longer and longer to turn on and you can hear the switch in the back of the TV going off and on. Sometimes after ten minutes of that, the TV would finally go on but I would just get multi-colored vertical lines across the entire screen. Currently my TV wont even go on. It will switch on and off for hours with no picture ever coming on the TV. I actually take the power cord out of the TV just to stop the clicking.
            Can anyone help?

Verizon international charges

I recently received a bill for around $300 from Verizon for 8 international calls to Zimbabwe. The calls went unanswered and I later found that the phone for the number did not work. although I got a ring tone. Since the Zimbabwe phone system is not reliable I waiting for up to 7 minutes per call to see if it would be picked up. When I complained to Verizon that they had charged for call that were unanswered I was told that all calls, including internal US ones, were charged from the moment the ring tone starts. I find this hard to believe and have never heard of this extortionare method before now. Am I being fobbed off?

• Jb
              jb12345 Dec 08, 2009

unfortunately this is true with all cell phone companies, from the time the phone shows connected the minutes are being used and when you hit end is not always when the call ends as some times there is a display.

Verizon Wirelessdeceptive sales / erroneous billing / poor customer service

My wife and I have been customer's with Verizon for many years. We have a joint service account with two separate phones and lines. Very recently and one year into the service contract (2 year contract), my employer offered me a phone for work that I could also use for personal use. The phone was through a different company (the new Palm Pre via Sprint, which is awesom bye the way). Couldn't turn it down. Because I didn't want to get hit with their ridiculous early cancellation fee (up to $175), I decided to give the phone to my son and we would honor the two year contract. I ported my current mobile number to my new phone with Sprint so that all my clients, friends, etc could still get a hold of me. I then went to the local Verizon at Hill Road in Ventura to have them activate a new phone number on the existing phone for my son. I asked several times whether there would be ANY fees and the sales person (Jerry) said no...only a $9.99 month by month charge and any cancellation fee would only apply if my wife cancelled the joint contract account all together. A few days later we recieved a bill in the mail, which included a $140 early cancellation fee. Of course, I went down to the local store on Hill Road and after waiting (they make you take a number) for 45 minutes, explained the situation calmly and they proceeded to give me the run around. I was of course upset and made it clear that I was not happy. The manager asked me to leave the store, so I left. This is the absolute worst company that I have ever dealt with...what happened to "the customer is always right"? If you are smart, you will have done some investigation and read this. Find a company that is customer friendly, even if you have to pay a little more. We will not pay the $140 and could possibly hurt our credit...but oh well - don't reward bad behavior. It's not even the money. It's the fact that they lied and even if they thought it was an honest misunderstanding, they need to work on retaining existing customers and not just signing up new suckers. By the way, if any of you idiots at Verizon want to take a postive step in the right direction, my cell phone (with Sprint) is [protected].

verizon customer Oct 17, 2009

I am among the thousands of unhappy Verizon Wireless customers. Recieved a Blackberry Storm by mail. Activated by an in store representative, only to later find out that I was being billed for a Data Plan subscription that I was not informed of beforehand, and that I did not accept. Attempted to return the phone numerous times, and have dealt with Customer Care a half a dozen times. Its been 8 months.

Finally I discovered how to reach the Executive Relations team at Verizon Wireless. They are the only ones who can help resolve your problem, short of having an attorney contact them. BTW, I subscribe to Pre-Paid Legal for $35 a month, and their attorneys at no additional charge, will contact Verizon Wireless. Find me on twitter.com/verizoncustomer .

Share your experiences online and then email me at verizon.[protected]@yahoo.com . I will forward you important contact information to reach the real decision makers at Verizon Wireless, the Executive Relations team.

Verizon Fioslie about the rates

sale person came to my home and offerd me a deal witch i agree to and he singed his slip witch he left with me when he was at my home and then when i get the bill called verizon and they are so rude and said that price is not available i cant get that talk to them for last 10 days every day 1 hour to 2 hours on the phone no one is ready to help they just want to rip you off by lieing to you and get you stuck with service you dont want i hope they get suit big time and close down the verizon service in usa and every where they are i have to say they are peace of ### company never ever try them they are bunch of liers

northern virginia resident Oct 05, 2010

Verizon Fios is absolutely fraud to sign on. I called and set up a deal and was promised that I will have the whole package for $136 for all the features (channels that I want, the type of the set top box.) When I called to inquiry about some channels, I was told that all the features that I added--channels and boxes are extra. I was promised my old number will be ported by one rep and later I was told it can't be done because it was taken. Never believe what Verizon rep told you. Because one person says one thing, the other says other. Make sure everything you discussed is documented--right down the confirmation number if you have one, ask the rep record every little details of the agreement and write down the date, time, name of the rep and the call center location. You will have better chance to trace the accountability. If you have a choice, DONT TRY TO SWITCH TO VERIZON. You will be cheated in so many different way.

Verizon Yellow Pages / Superpages.comnon-constant ad prices

My mother owns a small business. She is a great business owner and her clients love her. The one problem she has is not shopping around to make sure she gets a good price and she takes everyone’s word. Well, she has been advertising for years all over the place. When I stepped in to help her business out due to this economy thing, I noticed that she was spending way too much on advertising. So I started to investigate all my advertising to see what was paying off to see what we were going to cut and what we were going to keep.
                I always thought that the prices for a little box ad was high. So I started to check around to see what there competition was charging. Well the competition was charging a lot less. I do understand that the Verizon book in our area was a lot better so I didn’t pay any attention to that. What happened net really got me mad.
                I was having a few happy hour drinks and I was catching up with an old friend and the conversation came up about how my family was and how my mothers business was doing. I told him about how I was starting to get involved with reducing operational costs to make sure we can weather out this roller coasted ride that we call the economy. So I told him that I can believe how much the phone book ads were. He laughed and told me that amount I told him was a yearly amount and not a monthly amount. Well I knew the billing and how much I was paying per month. So now it became a bet on who was right.
                So we went back to my office and I showed him the bill so I can win a free steak dinner. It turns out that he was paying about 15% of the price for a larger ad. It never occurred to me to check out the pricing. So I called Idearc, big joke there and ill save you the story on that debacle, and found out that they have different pricing for all there ads. I would think that the more you buy would get you a better price, right? Wrong!!! I called up to pose as a new business in the area and wanted to check on the prices. What I got was an answer that was like 80% cheaper then was we were paying for years. The prices were for the same ad size in color in the same book.
                What I found out was they have different discounts for new and existing customers. WTF? So in conclusion if you are a paying customer for years you have to pay more than a new customer signing up for ad’s. Go threw your local phone book and call the companies up that have the same ad in the same book and compare prices. You will be shocked to see what you find. Remember, buyer beware of this company!!!
                I canceled all my phone book ad’s with all the major companies. I found a company called chesapeake marketing solutions on the east coast. They do internet marketing like everyone else but they have month to month contracts and if you work at it they will wave the set up fee. For the fee that they charge it beets me doing the listings on adwords. If you do any yellow page ad’s you should look into national companies that negotiate the prices for you. I guess its like having a realestate agent when buying a home or something like that. Good luck to all and remember that good business is remembered and bad business will never be forgotten!

• Id
                    Idearc Aug 27, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: [protected]@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Re
                    rexs Feb 02, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages. I was looking online a found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike he told me that he setup a ebillboard and he is happy with the site. He told me that you can go on and change any thing and with out calling one person to do it for him. He said that he can upload his business logo or other photos or up to a 5 min video.He said on this site and did not cost him a dime to setup. I hope this helps you out. Have a great day.

Verizon Wirelessdropped calls/ coverage

I have a complaint concerning my Treo 755p cellphone and Verizon wirelss. I work at home and often use my cellphone for business purposes. For some reason the reception on this phone is extremely poor for me; to likes of 1 to 2 bars. My wife also has a Verizon phone, however her's works fine. I have contacted Verizon about 3 weeks ago, at which point they sent me a duplicate replacement phone. I used this phone for about 2 weeks with same results. I called back and tech support worked with me for about an hour, to no avail. Lloyd the support guy promised to call me at noon the following day...no call by 2 o'clock so I called. Had to explain the whole situation to (2) people from scratch. End result, now they want to send techs out test in my area...then if problem persist they will see about replacement phone.

Now, I'm a reasonable guy, but why do I have to wait any longer to obtain a working phone for a company who proclaims coverage everywhere? So, in the meantime I'm left with a unreliable phone until Verizon see fit to address the issue. Not good customer service!

Verizon Wireless — blocked data charges

An open letter to Verizon Wireless: Dear Sir or Madam: As a new customer, I signed up for a Verizon Wirele...

Verizon worst store in baltimore

The store at 915 W 36th Street in Baltimore sucks. Not only do they not keep in stock common items like chargers for phones they sell, but then they don't keep the store open for the hours they state the store is open. I've also encountered rude unhelpful staff there before too (though not all of them are that way). They sold me a bad phone that wouldn't keep its charge, then refused to replace it stating that I had to drive out to White Marsh to have a technician look at it (and by the time I got out there, my warranty had expired so I had to buy a new phone). It can be difficult for some to make trips outside of the city (not everyone has a car).
                    I was advised by a passerby (as I stood outside of the prematurely closed store) that this store was terrible, that they overcharged for their items, and that I should go to the store in Reisterstown. Too bad I don't live in Reisterstown.

• Sk
                        S.Kesh Dec 26, 2010

Worst in New York. They should be same all over. So EVIL people handling the business. They are rude, nasty and theives. Keep em off.

Verizon — scam charges

I just received my phone bill and realized a $181.48 charge for a phone call to Varna, Bulgaria. I tried...

Verizon Superpagesusing abusive language at customer

Here is documentation I took to record my experience with Verizon. The main thing to note is that Lisa, who works for Verizon collections, used profanity while harrassing me. This is illegal, a fact that I found out much later. Though what can a small guy do? Verizon Sucks.<br /><br />
                      Target of Complaint: <br /><br />
                      4. Personal Information: Tell us about yourself, <br /><br />
                      5. Submission to the BBB: Submit the complaint to the bureau.<br /><br />
                      Ad was placed in Verizon phone book without my consent.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      A Verizon representative, Zak Hobbs, called to inquire whether I would be interested in buying an Ad in Verizon Yellow Pages Phone Book. I agreed to listen to his offer. He mentions he could produce a proof for the ad for me to consider. He said that the ad would not go in the phone book without my approval, but in order to get the ball rolling, he needed a third party confirmation. Again, he said this was just to get designing the proof started but that it would not be printed without my permission. He said I would receive proof and then I could give the yes or no answer. I never received proof. <br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      A friend and business owner, R. Blackburn, recommended that I should call back and ensure they did not put my ad in the phone book. He mentioned he had similar problems with a sales rep from a phone book. I called Zak Hobbs [protected]) who ensured it would not be put in. <br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      Received call from solicitors who said my ad was in the yellow pages. Called Zak Hobbs 3rd week in October after finding out ad was in yellow pages. Zak gave me the number of his manager Charles Boreno [protected]). Called Charles and left message for him to call me back<br /><br />
                      4th week October, Left another message on Charles voice mail<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      5th week October, called Verizon billing, [protected] x4575. Talked to Connie who said I would need to talk to Charles. She said she e-mailed Nov 2nd him a message to call me.<br /><br />
                      1st week November 5th called Charles and left voice mail.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      2nd week November 11th, called Verizon billing, [protected] x4575. Talked to Connie. Requested her to send another e-mail since Charles had not contact me yet.<br /><br />
                      Called 2nd week in November (11/18/04). Called [protected] talked to Lisa W. at collections. Told me that District Sales Manager was sent an e-mail. Offered me Zak’s rep supervisor. Told her I already had it, I had called him but no answer. Also explained how I was deceived regarding the ad. Mention the info in ad was wrong. She said I could talk to customer service for an adjustment.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      12/06/04 Called and talk to customer service. Informed them that the information in the ad was incorrect, and a brief history of my problem with their sales representative. She said that they will look over ad and give me a call back.<br /><br />
                      Received VM from Vergil from Verizon. Called him back at [protected] ext 4590. He listened to my complaint and mentioned if I choose to use Verizon, I would deal with Zak again. I informed him I had decided a few months ago not to use Verizon.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      12/22/04, Called Verizon billing at [protected]. no answer 4575. Talked to Connie.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      12/28/04. Called Charles Boreno [protected]). Was out of office. Called Melinda at [protected], extension 3964 – left message on voice mail regarding questions to my account<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      12/29/04 Kathy Bond called me back (Melinda gave her my info). I mention the info in the ad was mostly incorrect and would like to see if I could have the billing cancelled. She said I should talk to customer service to about the incorrect listing. Informed her customer service told me to get into contact with George Boreno.<br /><br />
                      Called Verizon billing at [protected]. Susie Watkins answered the phone. I informed her information was incorrect in the ad. She mentioned a ticket had already been opened. Transferred me to Virgil [protected] ext 4590) who had closed my ticket. Was cut off. Tried calling again a few times but was not able to get through.<br /><br />
                      Lisa, from Verizon Collection Departmen, treated me with contempt and threatened to take me to court. Without provocation, she said to me “### you”. <br /><br />
                      Submitted complaint to BBB online<br /><br />
                      2/17/05 Received call from Jan (Verizon customer service: [protected] or [protected] ext 4559) inquiring about complaint sent to BBB. I explained the basis for complaint.<br /><br />
                      Abbreviated version for the BBB:<br /><br />
                      Ad was placed in Verizon phone book without my consent.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      A Verizon representative, Zak Hobbs, called to inquire whether I would be interested in buying an Ad in Verizon Yellow Pages Phone Book. I agreed to listen to his offer. He mention he could produce an ad proof for me to consider at no cost and that the ad would not go in the phone book without my approval, but in order to get the ball rolling to design the ad proof, he needed a third party confirmation. He understood that much of the info in the ad would change such as price structure, phone#, etc. Again, he said this was just to get designing the proof started but that it would not be printed without my permission. He said I would receive proof and then I could give the yes or no answer. Never received proof. <br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      A good friend and business owner, Richard Blackburn, recommended that I should call back and ensure they did not put my ad in the phone book anyway. He mention he had similar problems with a sales rep from a phone book co. I called Zak Hobbs who ensured it would not be put in. <br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      3rd week in Oct: Received call from solicitors who said my ad was in the Verizon yellow pages. Called Zak Hobbs who gave me the number of his manager, Charles Boreno. Called Charles and left message for him to call me back. No call back<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      4th week in Oct - Left another message on Charles voice mail. No call back.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      5th week in Oct - Called Verizon billing. Talked to Connie who said I would need to talk to Charles. She said she e-mail him a message to call me on Nov 2nd. No call back.<br /><br />
                      <br /><br />
                      The message I left on Charles Boreno's phone were tactful and friendly. This phone calling went on until Jan 2005, when I finally recieved a call from the Verizon Collection Department. The Rep, Lisa, treated me with contempt and threatened to take me to court. She told me to “### you”. I was astonished by such animosity. <br /><br />
                      www.verizonsucksass.com

Verizon Wirelessfalse data charges

Verizon Wireless keep charging for data downloads on my phone, even though every "extra" service has been cancelled. The phone is used only for making and receiving calls, yet Verizon Wireless charge $5.98 every 3 - 4 months for Data downloads. When I call them about it, they can tell me that the downloads are music, and they are not downloaded via the phone, but via the internet. When I ask how they get to the phone when downloads and texting are blocked, their answer is that someone has accessed my online account and is sending the music to my phone. I pointed out how ridiculous this was, but to no avail. One customer service representative even suggested that my children have set up a "fake" account, because that's what he did as a child! Verizon Wireless are simply trying to make more money and hope that no-one notices. My advice is to check your bill very carefully.

Margo06 Dec 09, 2009

I am a new Verizon Wireless customer. My account was transfered to Verizon from Alltel in my area, because Verizon bought out our local Alltel stores. So everyone with Alltel, would eventually have Verizon. My phone service switched to the Verizon network, and I then started recieving data applications that would pop up randomly on my phone asking whether or not I would like to buy that certain download. (rintone, game, etc.) I would always deny them. My phone was a touch screen and if my phone is in my pocket and a random data offer came up on my phone, how easy would it be that my phone would bump something in my bag, or pocket, and download it. I was irritated that it was popping those applications up, because of my fear of purchasing a data accidently without truely wanting it. Well my fear came true after my first month of having Verizon and when I got my bill. I was charged almost $9.00 for a data download that i supposidly accepted. I talked with my local representatives and they told me that it was impossible that data pops up on screens and that there would be too many obsticals for my phone to go through to accidently accept charges. ( hitting unlock button, selecting menu, so on and so forth. ) I was very irritated that my needs were not met but paid the $9.00 and said for the data system to be taken off my phone. A month goes by and I recieve my 2nd Verizon bill. I was charged a $99.99 data download for a navigational system. I was furious. I contacted customer service immediatley and explained what happened the month before and also what was happening again this month. The representative put me on hold, and then later came to tell me that there are too many obsticles to reach downloads and the only way for them to pop up would for me to have brought them up myself. Then informed me that they could not do anything for me and I would have to pay the full $99.99 data charge. This I would not accept, after a few long minutes of not giving in, I was transfered to her supervisor who told me the exact same thing. But " Out of the goodness of her heart" and " I could get introuble for this, " she offered me me a $50.00 credit to my account, because she wanted to help me out. I repeatedly told her that I appreciate the offer but I didn't want to pay any of the charge because it was falsely charge to my account. I spoke to 3 different representatives that day and they all told me that its not possible for data to pop up on phones, and even suggested that a family member or friend stole my phone and downloaded these datas. I was offended. In the end after getting no further, they gave me the altimatium of taking the $50.00 credit, or they would write in my profile that I denied the $50.00 credit and I was to be charged the full $99.99. I feel so cheated and offended that my sincere need of Customer Service was not given to me. I understand that some people may cheat the system, but they can even look at my history and see that I have never even accessed those applications. I got a new phone on 11/20 and today is 12/09... and I was wondering whether I had a grace period of time to where I can get out of my contract. For example, 30 days.

Verizon Wirelessbilling errors

On December 22, 2008 I renewed my plan and upgraded to Friends n Family. A second phone number was added, ...and the charge was to be 9.95 per month.

When I recieved my first bills, the second number was charged $39.95, plus Vcast and Net services for an addtional $25.00 I Paid the 79.95 1400 minute plan charge. An error had occured in the set up of the accounts on Dec 22. The error was "corrected Jan 11, 2009.

Yesterday I got a collection notice for 86.05 plus a collection cost of 15.48. I called the ERS COLLECTIONS and was told I had to pay or provide proof that I did not owe the money. THIS IS ILLEGAL, it is up to them to to prove I owe the money.

SOOOOOOO I called VZ and got one of their barely english speaking "customer service" folks on the phone. I was so mad at her insistance that I owed the amount because I changed the account on Jan 11.

I got out my reciepts and called back, this time to someone I could understand.
                          The long and short of it.. I have to pay the collection agency and was given a $30 credit for the month the phone was not listed (their mistake mind you). BTW, the second CS agreed she didnt understand why I was getting charged! Additionally NO ONE could tell me what the additional charges were for, the difference between the 39.95 and the 86.05.

IN ADDITION, I keep getting billed for VCAST and NAGIGATOR having cancelled with the 30 "free trial" date. When I asked USELESS CS 1 why, she said it was cancelled on June 30th... LIES LIES LIES

I am self employed, and they told me I had to go to the store where I purchased the service for any further explanations or credits. I charge $60 per hour as a self employed person. I have already lost more then I can ever recover, to say nothing of my blood pressure.

VERIZON WIRELESS IS A CHEATING, LYING, DISHONEST SERVICE.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE.

I am cancelling my service and have advised them to send the charge immediately to ERS Collections... I will never pay that bill.

Verizon Fioscontract fraud

I recently accepted an offer from Verizon FIOS for internet, TV, and unlimited telephone services. The offer was for $89.99 and was based upon confirmation of costs.

Extra costs were confirmed by a Verizon representative at the time of offer acceptance as being for a DVR box capable of play back any room and taxes & fees. The rep confirmed there would be no extra costs for two additional converter boxes or hidden fees. The install was confirmed as being no cost.

The service was installed, the bill came, the bill was incorrect and is over $266.00.

1. The bill had a monthly charge of $99.99, not $89.99.
                            2. There are prorated charges for partial month services which are based standard pricing, not special offer pricing.
                            3. Charges for remote control rentals.
                            4. Charges for 2 extra converter boxes.
                            5. Installation charge.
                            6. And a few others I can't recall

Three hours and three people later my wife was informed of the following:

1. $89.99 offer was discontinued and we were given the $99.99 deal. No one asked if we agreed to this.

2. All the charges will remain, we were "misinformed" and nothing can be done to remove the un-agreed upon charges.

My wife and I believe we have been defrauded by Verizon. We believe the Verizon representative which confirmed all of the charges prior to our agreement to a 2 year contract was either incompetent or willfully deceived us.

The fact that three customer service people were unable to correct the problems further reinforces our believe that Verizon willfully endorses and encourages fraudulent statements from their representatives. In our opinion, Verizon, in their bid to create competition with other TV, internet, and phone service providers have taken on a practice of deception, fraud, and unethical business practices.

I encourage all of you who intend to enter into a contract with Verizon FIOS to get your entire contract, line item by line item in writing prior to signing any agreement. Make Verizon document the details of the contract prior to signing.

We intend to spread this message around the internet to reach as many consumers as we can. I hope this helps others in advance.

Anonymous89 Aug 01, 2009

We are dealing with something very similar. We signed up for a fios installation and then got a better offer from Comcast. We then called Verizon to cancel our installation appointment. They asked us why we were canceling, and we told them we chose to go with another provider because they offered us a better price. We were not calling to negotiate with them! The agent we spoke to was pleasant and asked if there was anything she could do to get us as customers. She even offered to match the Comcast deal. We agreed. Upon getting our first bill, we learned that they didn't match the price. I have called so many times and gotten no where! I have basically been told that we were misled by the person we talked to, there is no evidence of the call, and they are refusing to uphold their end of the bargain. I asked politely if I could exit the contract without paying the termination since I was misled by their associate (as admitted by them), and they will not honor this request. I am beyond irate, and don't know what to do. I have never encountered such horrible customer service. I can't even get a manager to call me back! This is faulty sales practice. We were blatantly lied to. I am okay with them not honoring the agreed upon price -- maybe the agent we spoke to made a mistake. What I am not okay with is them not allowing us to exit the contract without penalty when they aren't honoring the price their agent quoted. This is no longer about the money, as much as it is about the principle. I hate being lied to and I hate poor customer service.

• Ba
                                Barbara Sekel Sep 26, 2009

We have had a similar problem with our first Verizon bill and the cost of our service was misrepresented to us.

Has anyone pursued any action with the Consumer Protection Agency, BBB, or any other type of legal action.

I am definitely going to pursue this further.

• Kf
                                kfeese Dec 11, 2009

We just had the fiber run through our neighborhood for FIOS. A Verizon sales rep was going door to door. He promised me all sorts of wonderful pricing; however, on the paperwork it had different values. When I inquired he showed me the priced on his handheld PC with the order pricing. I explained that I needed it in writing and he said that what he was showing me on the handheld PC was sent to my email address and was the actual pricing. I went upstairs and checked email. I explained that I didn't receive an email message. He said that it would arrive within 24 hrs with the details. I told him I would wait for the email and then agree to service if everything checked out. I didn't say YES or sign anything. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for an email. I did get a voice mail message this morning about an install date about an order for me. huh??? I promptly spoke to an agent explaining that I didn't sign or authorize any installation. I asked them to provide a hard copy which they couldn't do. It appears that VERIZON is scamming many people with either a bait and switch or just lying to the consumers. I think it is time to persue the consumer protection agency and the BBB or even persue a class action suit. I know of too many people that wouldn't scrutinize their sales tactics. There are too many older people that take things as the truth and with a handshake. It is time for people to put this abuse in its place.

Anonymous64332 Jul 21, 2010

Actually, even having your contract in writing is not enough for Verizon. I went and signed up at what I thought was a Verizon store (come to find out, it's just an authorized retailer, this was not mentioned anywhere, however) and got in writing what I was supposed to be charged. The first bill came out and they charged me 84.99 instead of 75.00 as per my bill, 25.99 for my boxes which were supposed to be free, and 1/3 installments of 59.99 for activation fees that were supposed to be free. After returning to the store 3 times and calling Verizon myself twice, I have been able to get the activation fees removed, but have been unable to have the monthly cost reduced or the boxes credited. And this is with a written contract, with line-by-line charges in hand.

• Jr
                                jrpitt09 Nov 30, 2010

I've had verizon for 3 years, the first two under contract. (so i thought) The first bill i received was for around $600.00 because they said i had signed up for a corporate account... in my house??? They tried to make me pay a cancelation fee for that service so they could start me with the regular home service!?!? Finally got someone that wasn't a complete [censored], she removed the incorrect services and got the right ones installed. My contract ran out january 2009, got my bill for february and it was 50.00 more than it had been!?!?!? gave them a call and the less than intelligent girl that answered told me that i was on a month to month cycle and if i wanted to see the same type of savings i would need to sign a new contract. i told her i would go over my options and get back to her. She said i had 30 days to accept the new price she had given to me or it would continue to be month to month. Time went by and i was very busy starting a new business and i never called back. i am now unemployed and am trying to cancel services. i called and was put on hold for 45 min and then transferred to someone else. The girl informed me that i was under contract in there system!?!?! they automatically put me on a new contract and refuse to remove the cancellation fee. HOW CAN THEY DO THIS LEGALLY????

• Mw
                                mwein Jun 16, 2011

I negotiated a contract for our business. I have the "interpretation of the contract" in writing in an email but the billing did not match. When I complained, customer care adjusted for those things that were incorrect but said they cannot change the contract. Apparently some of the "discounts" that I was told apply to us (verbally and in the email) do not apply and I believe they purposely make the contract difficult to interpret. I have been fighting this for four months and cannot get it resolved. Apparently, the salespeople lie to get a sale or Verizon just does not honor their quoted pricing and bills what it wants to bill. Either way, this is a fraudulent way to do business.

• Ki
                                Kit n Rickey Aug 09, 2012

We had gone past a 2 year contract with FIOS and decided to call last April to sign up for the 12-month no contract offer they mailed us twice a week for the previous months. After that our bill fluctuated up and up an up; no consistency for the bundle and not the agreed upon pricing. When my husband called to cancel in late December he was told there would be a penalty for canceling our CONTRACT early! He argued with countless different reps about not having signed up for a contract. We were given endless run-around and provided with an audio "recording" of my husband saying his name in "agreement" to a recorded terms of service. The audio was pathetic (especially for a communication company. I honestly believe it was fabricated since we have to say our full name every time we call. We KNOW we didn't agree to a contract but now we have to pay or face collections. I'm searching for a class action regarding this issue because I'm sure we're not the only one's this has been done to. Once my wireless contract is up then I'm done with them.

Verizon Wirelesssecurity deposit not returned

My complaint concerns Verizon Wireless, and their lack of returning security deposits. I had bought myself a new phone, and signed a new two-year contract with Verizon in October/November of 2007. I was told by the sales associate that I dealt with, that if I paid all of my bills on time for the first 12 months of service, that I would get my security deposit of almost $200 returned to me. Surprise surprise, this never happened. After a couple months without any sign of a check or credit to my account, I called up customer service. Things started out pleasantly enough, as the representative I dealt with took down my information, recorded the problem, and told me that their Treasury Dept. would look into the matter, and all should be fixed. A couple days later I called back to check on their progress as I was instructed to do. I was handed off to a different representative than the one I was on the phone with before, and the complexion of the conversation was completely different. I related the nature of the last phone call to her, and not much was accomplished. She asked if I had followed the directions that the last person I had spoken with gave to me. I told her yes, as the only thing I was instructed to do was call them back after a couple days. Suddenly, it turns out that I have to fax them proof that the security deposit was paid, and proof of how it was paid. Not to mention the fact that she was quite rude to me over the phone, and talked to me the entire time like I was stupid. I find this to be totally ridiculous since the fact that I have an active account and phone with them to be proof enough. I wouldn't have any of that had I not paid the deposit. If you do decide to sign with Verizon, which I'm not so sure I'll be doing again, be prepared to jump through hoops to get your own money back.

Verizon Wireless — failure to waive early termination fee

So I've been looking to get an iPhone and get out of the 1.5 years I have left with Verizon. I stumbled...