Complaints & Reviews

Verizon DSL$14.95/month &for life&

Does anyone else have a complaint on Verizon's "Life-time" DSL rates. I signed up a two year commitment with Verizon only to have them deny they even offered a set rate for life. I have found countless blogs stating that others have fought them over similar issues, but no-one has been able to produce the actual post-card or Web-page that Verizon released.
I believe if a copy of either could be located that a lot of folks could get satisfaction from this bait and switch tactic. Now, even though Verizon has spun it's DSL to Frontier, users in my opinion are owed this rate, as Frontier would have assumed the obligations when they purchased this business...

Notso Redbeard Aug 19, 2010

Comment is timely, as I was also researching this topic this morning - 8/19/2010. Signed up for $14.95 "for life" in December '05. Now paying $21.95/month.

Verizon Wireless — I will never go back to verizon wireless and i'll tell every one I know to steer clear of them

I have been a good customer by paying my bills on time and fulfilling my contract of two years. Recently the...

Verizon Dsl Basic Internetoverpriced

I have a basic residential DSL internet with connection speeds up to 768Kbps/128Kbps w/out WIFI for $26.99 per month from Verizon. I have intermittent connection issues with my internet. I would like to shop around or switch but AT&T said that our area is a Verizon area and they are not allowed to provide internet service in my area, so, basically I am stuck with Verizon. AT&T has the same service plus WIFI at $14.99 promo price/$19.99 regular price, I have asked Verizon if at least they can match the price but of course being the only provider in my area they have declined my request. This sucks, being stuck with inferior service and overpriced, no competition in my area. Can you please suggest where can I turn to? FCC does not seem to have regulation authority on these providers. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Verizon Wirelessmultiple billing & no record of it

I have a Verizon Pay-As-You-Go cell phone. My balance was low last night, so I decided to add $30 to my account.

I can add money using stored account information via the phone, that's how I've always done it. There was an error during the call and it told me to try again later.

I did. Same problem. So this morning I look at my bank account, I have been charged $30 plus a $1.88 service/tax charge, twice. But I still have no money added to my phone.

I call Verizon customer service, they tell me it's something the bank will have to reverse.

I call PNC bank, they tell me transaction authorization codes were issued to Verizon at the time of the transaction and it's up to Verizon to reverse the multiple charges.

I call Verizon back. I got the same story. I have to have the bank reverse it. So I asked for a supervisor, Crystal. Of course, no one gives last names. She was incredibly rude and condescending, and acted as if I was a child who had done something wrong.

I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said she was as far as I'm getting, and she won't connect me. When I asked for the contact information of the person she reported to, she actually hung up on me.

I am now stuck with two charges for $31.88 totaling $63.76 and still only have a $1.45 balance on my (now useless) cell phone.

Verizon deception, alse information

I signed up for Verizon I signed up for $69 for six months.
        why is my bill $148 and 180 dollars.
        have three boxes at 599 each and a bill that supposed the $69
        you telling me t taxes are almost $80 a month.
        when you call Verizon to try to straighten it out put it like this
        they let me on hold for 48 mint's
        ore I signed up for Verizon's Internet phone and cable
        had no trouble with my Internet ever sense I signed up for their Internet I had nothing but trouble was able to get wireless
        not it does not work after speaking to a technician several times
        multiple hours on the phone I turned my laptop alld when I turned back on wireless
        advise you to get what you're supposed to pay and writing before you agree to their service they'll act like he didn't understand.

• Hu
            HUMBERTO GILKES Dec 17, 2012

I signed a contract for phone and internet services, I told them I did not want internationals calls in my plan, after about 10 months whit them I was charge for internationals calls, I call customer service to explain the problem, they said to me that there was not a block on my contract for international calls so I will got to pay the bill I told her that was ridiculous and that I will not pay that bill because my agreement was that I could not make international calls. So I call back again and speak to customer service this time to a different person wish let me speak to a manager who after looking at my contract told me he will give me a credit for part of the bill has if he was doing me a favor, the truth is that the mistake was made by them because I SPECIFY to them that I did not want no international call made from my line and they agree, also the international call wich was made it was made with a 2 dollar phone card so is impossible for they to bill me, they got some scam going on there where some one is making money of customers, blessings.

• As
            asdfasfd Feb 22, 2013

Shame on you Verizon. Your customers should be important to you and you should strive to provide adequate customer service. I'm really disappointed with the customer service Verizon has provided. They have grown to be too large of a company and have lost sight of what is important - Keeping the customer satisfied! Please do away with your "automated telephone services". They do nothing but cause headache. I sincerely hope that you will consider this advice. You have the bragging rights for having the best coverage. Why not have the bragging rights for having the best customer service too?

Verizon identity theft

On July 15 I tried placing a call from my phone and got a record message saying my phone was no longer in service. I called Verizon to check and was told that my number had been changed. I told them I had made no changes and they asked me to hold on while they checked into it. I was then told that my account had been hi-jacked and my phone service had been moved to a different phone and number. I ask how this could happened and after farther checking I was told by Verizon it was done "in-house". I was told this meant a Verizon employee had gained access to my account and made the changes and had charged $250 worth of air time to my credit card. This was done in three charges of $100, $100, and $50. Verizon changed the service back to my phone but refused to credit the money back to my card. I was told I would have to handle that myself through my bank, which is Bank of America. After several days of phone calls to Verizon and being told there was nothing they could do and that if I wanted anymore information I would have to get a subpeona. I asked for the name and ID of their representative I was speaking to and was told I would only get that through a subpeona also. Finally Verizon did refund $150 to my card but still refused to return the other $100 and I was given no sensible reason for their actions. At first Bank of America refunded the final $100 to my card but then changed there stance and told me it was my problem with Verizon and I would have to deal with them myself. They allowed Verizon to charge the $100 to my card. Verizon has admitted to me and has told me that it is documented on my account that a Verizon employee did gain access to my account and make the changes and charges to my card without authorization. But yet they are unwilling to accept any responsibilty or offer any help in finding the responsible employee or returning my money to me which Verizon has in their hands. I have filed a complaint with the Valdosta Ga. police and a detective is currently looking into the case. I have more detailed information I can provide if it will help. I just don't know were to turn. I have contacted a couple of attorneys concerning the matter but most seem little interested due to the small amout of money involved. But I see it as a crime being committed against me and my family and being compound by Verizon (surprisingly) even though admitting knowledge that an employee committed an illegal act, still refusing to accept responsibility and worse yet refusing to return my money which they gained possesion of through a criminal act.

• Zz
              zzkittenzz Aug 08, 2010

All calls are recorded when you call a customer service number. Especially verizon. I am a verizon user as well, and they now know I do not put up with any nonsense. As far as the customer service, that was just out right rude. Here is what I do. When I know I am calling them, I too, record the calls. I do let them know it is being recorded, unless they do not say there calls are. It is only fair I record my calls as well as the se companies.
              I am sorry this happened to you, but try calling back and ask to speak to a excutive manager. Or call a differnt local store for this issue. I have done this befor but i do not have the number anymore to share. sorry. Best of luck to you

• Un
              unchienne Aug 31, 2010

That's horrible that this happened to you, and they won't address the issue. It sounds like everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else: Bank of America is saying take it to Verizon, Verizon is telling you to take it to the police, and the police aren't going to make this a priority b/c the actual crime probably took place in another state, and the amount in dispute is so small.

And this is how corporate America screws over the little guy.

File a complaint with the BBB, write a letter to the corporate office, but in the long run I think you're just going to have to swallow that 100 dollars. Personally, I'd break my contract, and I wouldn't pay the penalty. And if they reported it to my credit agencies, I'd submit an attatchment explaining the situation and the fact that their lackluster response has made it impossible for you to continue doing business with them b/c of security reasons. That's me though.

• Vi
              violated angel May 09, 2014

I was a victim of Identity theft not once but twice through verizon. In 1996 someone opened up an account in my name my social and racked up over an $1800 when they confronted me about it I asked them where was the service provided and they would only tell me Queens NY. I was able to prove back then beyond a reasonable doubt that I did not only did not live in Queens I wasn't even in the state of NY I was living in Phoenix City Alabama. Verizon dismissed the charges. Now just the other day I get a call telling me I am being sued for a verizon bill in the amount of $1389.60 for a service period of July 2004-October of 2011. The collection agency wouldn't tell me service address so after several phone calls to verizon and all their departments I find out that it was for a location I never lived once again. This time I didn't even have the luxury of having collection statements come to me I got the call that I am being sued. I again can provide beyond a reasonable doubt that I never lived in that location but what are the chances that both times of Identity theft happen with the same company. I believe there is someone at that company who is taking peoples information and selling or giving it to friends and family so that they can have service once again. I called the police and he was more upset that verizon got taken for all that money rather then my identity had been stolen and I was going to be sued for the amount. Now I canceled my home phone and Internet April 14th of 2014 today is May 9th 2014 and I still have service even though I called to cancel it. I think verizon needs to get their act together clean house and get rid of the thief's and lazy people.

Verizon — poor customer service

I am glad I don't have fios bundle from verizon. Friends and family members who switched to fios are very...

Big Verizonverizon the big scam

I just purchased bundle to save me MONEY or that what I thought I was doing. I was combining my interent and land phone together. The rep from verizon understood that I currently had a wireless device for my interent and informed me by purchasng this bundle I can save money. So I did - the verizon rep informed me it would be NO problem in cancelling my wireless device interent and that it was NO charge. The verizon rep connected me the next department ( no department, but separate company of verizon). Yes - Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communication is TWO different companies and they do NOT talk to each other and each one does not know what the other one is doing. Anyway - the wireless side informed me it would cost 150.00 to cancel my internet from wireless to go to land line interent. All the time, they wanted to sell me another bundle and sell me a cell phone package too.

DO NOT purchase anything from Verizon and if you do ASK - Which company you are talkin too - They act like they (Verizon) are one big family. But in the shadows - they are TWO or THREE companies that are in the communication business -but do not communicate together. They should be called the VERISCAM - your communication screw you company. Is AT&T any better ?

Trg Field Solutions / Verizonfraud on my sales and job; slander on my job prospects by trg

I worked for TRG 4 & 1/2 mos. They stole several sales of mine, two even after being payed and took back from me after the Help desk in San Antonio, TX cleared my customers for DSL services in Tampa area. They allow their team leaders to go behind you and steal your sales. I destroyed my 1993 ranger while working at TRG costs me over $1500 in auto repairs in less than 4 mos. I was promised $300 week plus commisison. I even got off unemployment to work at TRG. TRG 2 1/2 mos. AFTER I BEGAN EMPLOYMENT renigged pay scale, then they went to 100% commission!!! I had many customers I sold, then lost while at TRG to Verizon corporate people later! Also, I was told by my operations mgr. in Tampa to get a new truck and my sales up or I was possibly history with his boss.., even...when I had remarkably averaged 2 sales a week for 3-4mos. BUT...30-40% of my sales were cancelled and taken later by Verizon and TRG personnel after I was told the customer was not eligible and or they rejected on minor paperwork issus on the contract; in other words Verizon / TRG knew what their own promos are but though you spell out on work order, they kick it back for not checking it on order though you clearly state it and customer signed the order requests services. Also TRG has openly costs me atleast (I have on record) 5 jobs The manager directly told me they only need to to do an employer & background check, otherwise I am hired. in 2 mos by lying about me "as job abandonment" on my HR paperwork... when I was told "to get numbers up and a new truck"!
              I could not use my truck last 3 1/2 weeks of my last 6 weeks.. but made a few sales and they "all kicked back or were contacted customers after I was told I did something wrong or denied sale due to misinformation from their help desk! They also lied to unemploymnet Florida. Anybody else out in Tampa that got cheated like me!!

• Lr
                  lrazor Aug 16, 2010

I also agree, I wonder if there is a way that we can file a class action LAWSUIT!!

Verizon Billing Practiceverizon customer service, one bill

Update: 10 days later

Promised a escalted call 7 days ago, still no call?
                Another promise, and still no help

What customer servce "eric rabe" 1 year later update
                Options

[protected]:31 pm
                Verizon customer service? What service the worst year of my life!!!

Verizon customer support, verizon blog, yes ok, I have played the game for a year, its really been a amazing journey, oh lets a say about 100 hours on the phone to all the suppose head's, wireless, not to mention that I spent 6000.00 almost on my verizon package in year, yes thats right "6000.00" dollars, as in six thousand dollar's, to verizon.

Do they care, nope,

The tales of whoa of verizon. Do they have great internet yep, great phone coverage yep, great tv, yep!, but is my life worth it? Omg do not make a change on your account, your bill will never be right, I can put 10 names of people including "no name" that have promised to help me with my account, oh they talk and talk and promise and promise and the bill comes and bingo! The bull'seyes on my' bla bla bal"just showed up again while they laughed all the way to the bank!

" thank you verizon"

2 weeks ago I spent another 3 hours on the phone, yep 3 hours to lower my bill, sooooo many promises.. So many dreams of a lowered bill finally, I actually felt relived and happy when I hung up the phone, finally a"0"balance on my account," a fresh start".. Life was great... And then... The verizon bill.. I opened it up with glee to finally see my savings...

" what the ' bla bla bla was I thinking""""could it be possible that after a year they actually listened and got it right...

As george carlin would say... God rest him," bla bla bla """"""

I felt a sharp bullet hit my you know what *, not only did I get one verizon bill, but 2 verizon bills, they were so kind to send me my new statement for 500.00" what happened to my savings??? But then I got another new bill from wireless for 215.00 more dollars... Oh yippie.

Thank you verizon, for setting me straight, I mean truly I really don't know what I was thinking to spend 3 hours on the phone, cancel my house phone, lower cable, and then have you send me a wonderful exciting gift of 2 bills to the tune of 700.00, 300.00 more than my last bill, but hey, I know, I am paying now what the next 3 months as punishment, and then I had to listed to a robot talk to me on the phone like I was mentally challenged "no offence to anybody that is" today for another hour, and still got no where.

Are you getting it, is anybody out there that understands... Do you people really care about your customer's and consumers.

I can assure you one thing mr or ms verizon, by goodness you will not wear me down... I now realize that is your great wish in the sky, that I will just give up and give you another 6 grand towards your new condo, and leave you alone but I will not this time,

I have been a good customer, paid my bill, and no matter what I do, the bills are the same, the majic credits go to majic land, and I still pay only to hopefully see them another day,

Part 2) you know that 6.00 *2 (12.00) I pay that you promised to take care of my cell phone, well guess what, my volume is not working, so I called guess who??? Verizon, and you know what I was told... Well to bad... That was for a year only, you have to buy a new phone at full price 300.00 or sign a new 2 year contract and pay 100.00 "what" I already have a contract til next year? "what??" did I just leave my head again?
                I thought yoor new promo was no contract.. I did just get that in the mail?

Are you kidding me, it was not enough that I have a bulleye's on my "bla bla bla but not I have one on my forhead and the word ' *bleep*" as well."I am a idoit, I will repeat this daily as to not bother you.

So in essence, my husband is 73 years old, I wont tell my age, but how many other people are you taking advantage of???

The way I look at it 12.00*12 months is $144.00 you owe me since you are not helping me with my phone that I have paid you each month, my new extra bill, thank you, I will not eat this month, but will have great tv

You can respond, I want help, I beg for help, once and for all, as a loyal customer I deserve at least that,

I will cc/ this letter to cnn. Fox and utube, and anyone that will listed until this is fixed.

Hope you like the new car I am paying for.. Or the hotel staycation... Or hey maybe your stocks? Heck the money is not going to my bill.

And I hope I hear the phone when you call since the ringer is broke! But you already know that, thats why I pay 5.99 a month for insurance on my cell phone plus tax.

Fl

Response from verizon:

I have removed two more of your posts, because they were copies of the original complaint which has been escalated to customer service. As you have been told that this is a violation of our terms of service, you should be aware that another violation will result in your account being set to read-only status.

You can review our policies here

Response 2:

Re: verizon customer service: 1 year later and I still have no life, the worst ever
                From: moderator elizabeths
                To: cindyred
                On [protected]:34 pm
                Add elizabeths to friends ignore elizabeths

Your original post was placed on a special customer service board. The others were removed, because multiple copies of the same post, or repeated discussion of the same issue, are violations of our guidelines.

Response 3:

Hi cindyred

Your recent post, verizon customer service? What service the worst year of my life!!! And your post:verizon customer support? 1year ago I had a normal life" there is no support!, have been removed because they violate verizon's community guidelines, which prohibit: cross posting an issue/topic to more than one board. You can view our policies here

Your issue has been escalated to customer service. Please be patient and you will hear back from them.

Response 4,

Re: I am done with verizon.
                From: moderator elizabeths

On [protected]:28 pm
                Add elizabeths to friends ignore elizabeths

Your recent post, re: I am done with verizon., has been removed because it violates verizon's community guidelines, which prohibit:

* discussions of moderator actions on the boards. If you need to comment on a moderator action, please private message any administrator/moderator;

As you have had more than three violations, your account has been set to read-only status. You may read the boards but not post until after you have read the guidelines and pm'd me with your agreement to abide by them.

You can view our policies here

Reply to ms elizabeth,

Re: I am done with verizon.

To: moderator elizabeths
                On [protected]:36 pm
                Add elizabeths to friends ignore elizabeths

Oh I just read them thank you,

Please advise oh I agree,

Thank you so much for all your help and removing all my posts,

I agree, and agree with the terms

I herby and pm'd you that I agree

Response:

Your privileges will now be reinstated. Please be aware that if there are further violations, your account will be banned.

Verizon contacts:

Justin iljana - [protected] justin. [protected]@ins. Gte.com

Julia green - [protected] ext 5483

Bill hollman - [protected]

Paul - [protected]

Janet rep id #5336 (Dsl tampa)

Steven rep id #3393 advanced billing (Atlanta) [protected]

As of 8/1/2010 no help... Bill still incorrect. More promised and still nothing.

Verizon Fios Bundletold 49.99, charged 79.99

Verizon representatives came knocking to formally 'switch' the neighborhood over to fios. My mother was paying $69 for her original package and they told her they would give her her first six months of the Fios package at $49, a $20 discount, and then $59 for the remaining eighteen months. She also confirmed this amount with the phone rep who scheduled the installation. The bill came, and my mother, 77 and on Social Security, was floored with a $79 bill plus fees. She called in about it and they "had no record of it and couldn't help her." Funny thing is I (her son) wanted to be there for the install, so I had to reschedule several times. Each time I rescheduled, I verified the package and the monthly charge. It was $49. There is definitely something amiss here with this company! I would call it elder abuse, but I believe they are handling everybody this way. Mom just wants what she was promised. By the way, Mom writes 'everything' down as well. Verizon is charging her $30 too much. I guess now they will strong-arm her into keeping a 24 month agreement. This is $540 more than she agreed to pay.

• Pj
                      pjeb Oct 21, 2015

I had the exact same thing just happen to me. My 2-year contract for FIOS was about to expire and I used the FIOS App to select my upgrade options. One of the options was to upgrade my service and save $20/mo (totaling $49.99) if I entered another 2-year agreement. I selected that option received a confirmation and when my bill came it was $79.99. I called Verizon. They also indicated that there was no record of this. They did offer me a $20 credit on my current bill and are investigated my situation and promised an answer back in 3 to 5 business days. I'm still within my 14-day grace period to cancel and I will if this isn't resolved. I don't know if its a glitch in their app or what but they do offer new customers this deal.

Verizon Wirelessdata usage charges

Verizon Wireless lets you know you can try their VZ Navigator for a 24 hr. period for just 2.99 without any monthly obligation, so I did when we went on a trip. It was very inefficient finding its way around the city, so we didn't use it for more than 2 of the 24 hrs. What they don't tell you is that everytime you use it your racking up added data usage charges. It is a good thing we only used it for about 2 of the 24 hrs. because we incurred an extra 10 dollars of charges. Can you imagine what we would have racked up had we liked the thing? I called VerizonWireless to let them know, they were "sorry" we were disatisfied but the charges remained. So what does the word "SORRY" really mean? Anyhow beware, Verizon customers, of hidden charges that they don't tell you about until its after the fact.

MartMart Jul 29, 2010

Subject to additional Terms and Conditions. Additional charges, compatible phone & coverage (which varies by feature/service) required. Always download content legally.

Verizon - Costcohave not received rebate

We purchased a verizon phone and costco said we would get rebates for the activation — still have not seen the check. I have since paid for the activation and would like to be reimbursed and have what is due us.

Russ zuiverink
                      1065 92nd st sw
                      Byron center mi 49315
                      [protected]@msn.com
                      Phone:[protected]

Verizon — issue with property alteration - ticket # pacu01s72r

A Verizon supervisor came to my home eleven days ago and, without giving me any advance notice whatsoever...

Verizon Fios - Property Damage — property damage - dmg 37& hd tv

On 12/23/09, two Verizon Fios technicians installed Fios on tv, computer, and phone. Upon completion of...

Integrated Voice Services And Verizon — phone bill scam

Because of telephone deregulation Verizon and other phone companies are required to allow 3rd party billing...

Verizon monopoly

There is a land line phone monopoly in Michigan. FCC has no control of telecommunications here. It is ran by the state. Only Verizon services the area I live in. And when you have a cell phone, Verizon does not set up enough towers to communicate in the Rural areas of Michigan. I want a choice of local long distance, but I must enroll only in Verizon. Though Verizon denies this accusation, I cannot chose my land line phone carrier in my area. With technology advancing, something has to give. Phone carriers have to stop filing lawsuits against each other and running each other out of town. And they have to cross lines to communicate. Otherwise, you can shut a whole section of the state down if a phone company controls it. I don't want technology shoved down my throat. If I can't get service here, I will move where I can have the freedom to choose my phone carrier in my house.

Cwa1101 / Verizonunion crime

New York CWA Local Dissenters Victimized by Union Terror; File Complaint
                          Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 16:58
                          Email to friendPrinter-friendlyAnyone who believes labor unions have forsaken menace as a tool to be used against internal dissent hasn't hung around Communications Workers of America Local 1101 lately. A civil complaint filed in Brooklyn, N.Y. federal court against the Staten Island-based union this past February provides apparently damning evidence that the labor organization is run by thugs and thieves. Salvatore DiStefano and Sebastian Taravella, union members and longtime heavy equipment operators for Verizon, allege they were continuously subject to harassment and violence after reporting an illegal union time-padding scheme to the Verizon security team. The pair is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.

According to the complaint, DiStefano, an employee of Verizon's Staten Island Garage, in the summer of 2007 was in the presence of a first-level union supervisor, Bob Rios, who told crew members that if they performed three "fiber to premises" jobs in a given day, they could falsely put in for a full day's pay regardless of how early they finished. DiStefano openly refused to participate in this scam. He then voiced his disapproval to fellow union members. Taravella, also a garage employee, expressed the same view. In May 2008, the pair went to Verizon's corporate security staff, informing them of the scheme. Corporate security, however, did not keep the resulting report confidential. Big mistake.

Outsiders might have seen DiStefano and Taravella as whistle-blowers; CWA Local 1101 saw them as rats. The union hierarchy proceeded to subject the pair to unrelenting abuse. Bosses brought them up on phony charges of "harassment" and "discrimination" against fellow members. As punishment, during or about November 2008 DiStefano and Taravella were terminated from employment at the Staten Island Garage and relocated to other garages, demoted in rank, and given "final warnings." When the pair complained to union officials Pat Lascala and Richard Meltz, they allegedly were told, "You guys did it to yourself." In March 2009, shop steward Manny Rincon allegedly put a dead rat in Taravella's locker. A month later, union member Chris Tremble called DiStefano a "rat" while hitting his face and head, and leaving him with two herniated disks. DiStefano complained about the incident to union officials, who promptly accused him of "starting a fight." DiStefano eventually was terminated in July 2009. In October 2009, a union member, Joe Sedita, threatened Taravella with death for allegedly getting a fellow employee fired. All the abuse took its toll. Taravella and DiStefano since have been undergoing counseling.

Union officials not only took no action against acts of wrongdoing, they openly encouraged them. In November 2008, the aforementioned Richard Meltz allegedly told members to "do whatever you want with those two guys." And at an August 2009 garage meeting, two local vice presidents, Joe Macaleer and Mike Luzzi, told rank and file that Verizon was "having a lot of problems right now ‘due to a couple of troublemakers'" and that "We have to learn that we can't call corporate security because we don't want those people getting involved in our business." Macaleer allegedly stated: "I don't want nobody in this room to call corporate security any more. [And] I don't care if somebody come to work with a gun saying they're going to shoot people, you don't say anything...we have a lot of problems here due to the fact there are ‘spies in the room.'" He then added, looking directly at the plaintiffs, "You know who you are." Finally, the complaint alleges that Macaleer told members, "(W)e have to deal with these spies on a personal level, like take them outside of the yard, off the company property and off company time and take care of them, because we can't be ratting each other out."

These allegations carry more than a ring of truth. It is the nature of any racket to protect participants by creating a wall of silence and exacting vengeance upon those in their ranks violating it. Some 40 years ago New York City cops operated in this manner, inadvertently supplying the raw material for such movies as "Serpico" and "American Gangster." All evidence strongly suggests that Communications Workers Local 1101 leaders operated an illegal featherbedding ring. That one or more Verizon employees may have taken part can't be ruled out either. DiStefano and Taravella's only crime was standing tall in the face of corruption and intimidation. Their lawsuit hopefully will yield a measure of justice for themselves and integrity for unions everywhere.

Communications Workers of America (CWA)Joe MacaleerRichard MeltzSalvatore DiStefanoSebastian TaravellaUnion Corruption UpdateVerizonCarl Horowitz's blog

• S1
                              s17 Jul 10, 2010

wow. only in a union. good thing you pay dues.

• 11
                              1101 Jul 10, 2010

Verizon they do not offer a sleep timer

I am actually enjoying my Fios, which I have through my room mate's account. However, there are two issues I would like to address. The first being that I CAN NOT believe that, of all the features that you offer, Fios does not offer SLEEP TIMER! Really need it! The second issue is that the format that you use for the music channels is kind of ridiculous. The "similar" and "inspired by" posts are usually really off base, the artist playing is not pictured and the artist and song are not posted throughout the song.

• Kr
                                krispix318 Jul 07, 2010

If a sleep timer is a deal breaker, why not buy a second remote? They're fairly inexpensive at WalMart and will at least satisfy the need for a sleep timer.

Verizon Internetpoor customer service

I scheduled an appointment for June 15 to have a verizon repairman install a phone jack in the living room for wireless internet service. Verizon shipped the internet equipment and I planned to install it in a computer I am buying for my mom as a present when I go to Jersey in July. I did not order internet installation for the computer. My mother doesn't have a computer and will not have one until I arrive in two weeks. My sister took a day off from work to wait for the repairman to install the jack on June 15. He never showed. Called Verizon and they said they would be there on the 16th of June. My sister took another day from work and Verizon never showed. July 17th Verizon showed up and installed a phone jack only. When I received the bill I was charged for computer installation on June 15. Called to have the service charge removed and they told me they would do a one time favor for me because they didn't want to loose me as a customer and take the charge off my bill. This is insulting and infuriating. Verizon told me there is no way to prove a tech wasn't there and installed the internet even though she doesn't have a computer and never activated her account. I spoke with a very rude supervisor in June about Verizon missing the appointments. My sister doesn't have the time and money to sit and wait for a Verizon repairman that never shows up. The supervisor didn't offer an apology and agree to help with the situation. She said it wasn't her fault and asked what I expected her to do.
                              I have ATT in Texas and there customer service is outstanding. This is the second time I have ever dealt with such a rude and confusing company. This first was Direct TV.