Complaints & Reviews

technical incompetence, customer service

Verizon FIOS service was installed in late August. Sept 11 there was an area service outage. At Verizon's direction I unplugged the power supply to reboot the router. The red light on the power supply went off and there was no power to the router. The red light would not come back on despite being repeatedly removed and plugged back in. At that time, I called Verizon FIOS service and stepped through a diagnostic procedure with the technician on the phone. He determined the power supply was dead and said he would have one drop shipped to me and it would arrive on Tuesday 9/14. On Tuesday I called Verizon and encountered a several minute process where I had to punch buttons and/or say a specific word to proceed. After making some mistakes I arrived at a human being and was told that the order had not been placed. They were sorry but would send out the part immediately and it would arrive on Thursday. The part arrived on Friday and was the wrong power supply. I called Verizon and went through the screening process again and waited for a long time to speak to a person. I was told that they were so sorry. I carefully reviewed the router model number with the Verizon representative as well as the specifications for the power supply required. Another part was shipped to arrive on Saturday. The part arrived Monday evening and was identical to the part shipped before. I called Verizon Customer Service and went through the same screening process and long wait to speak to another human being. We determined that she was unable to ship any power supply but the one that had already been twice shipped. I asked to have a technician come to my house to resolve the problem. A technician was schedule for Tuesday September 21 in the afternoon. The technician arrived late in the day and with my assistance quickly replaced the router and reestablished service.

I then called Verizon on September 30 and ask to have the amount of my current bill credited to my account in compensation for lost service and inconvenience. I was told an amount for the lost service would be credited to my account and that no other options were available.

I spent hours on the telephone and repeatedly assisted with the diagnosis and resolution of the problem. I experienced serious loss of service that damaged my ability to provide and respond to my customers, and I experienced deep and ongoing frustration dealing with the repeated failures of Verizon Customer service. I want to be compensated for my time and emotional distress and Verizon should be punished for knowingly and purposefully maintaining incompetent systems.

I request $1000 be credited to my Verizon account.

unauthorized billing

We received an email alert thanking us for ordering a $170 annual Hockey package that we didn't order. When we called to cancel the order, after being on the phone for one hour and demanding to speak to a supervisor, we were told that the charges could not be reversed and that we needed to wait for it to appear on the bill to dispute it. We were also told that most likely that the charges would not be reversible since it was triple confirmed on the remote control. UNBELIEVABLE. Make sure you lock your parental controls in case your pet, child or someone accidentally sits on your remote control which might have happened. I am on edge waiting to see if they have the audacity to try to add this to next month's bill.

• Yv
    yvette Apr 21, 2009

I just had two major charges to my bill that verizon will not let me dispute! I rarely look TV and never ever rent movies. I canceled a free month of pakcages because I did not care for the movies Verizon offered. Yet I am now billed for HBO and Cinemax at the tune of nearly $50.00. I just got off the phone with a rude person at verizon, who will only cancel the order, inisiting I must have pushed some button (duh...I'm running a company Ms. - I know how a remote control works!). I have read many complaints about this exact same problem - why is no one taking them on?! I can't wait until my year is over and switch back to anther company!

• Sh
    Shinu Jacob Mar 08, 2010

Yes i was in the same situation and they cancelled my account. now i'm looking on the net to find an equipment return location and cant find that either. WHy no one is suing them?

• Dd
    DDDFish Sep 29, 2010

I had a similar situation where the NBA package showed up on my bill, 3 installments for $33/month. I called and they said it was ordered over the TV which never happened. My kids are too you to figure it out and my dog hates basketball. After about an hour trying to get it resolved, a reasonable customer service rep let me know that they are rewarded/measured/bonused or whatever on keeping the lowest total on refunds. So they are incentivized to not help us.

• Ep
    EP123 Oct 05, 2010

I had the same problem with the NFL Red Zone package which I didn't order and they won't refund me.

• Bi
    BillRRR Jan 07, 2014

We experienced the unauthorized puchases scam thru Verizon FIOS beginning July 2013. At that time, we began getting email every couple weeks from Verizon thanking us for purchasing movies and sports channel subscriptions (specifically the RedZone and NBA Pass). Each time that I called them, they removed the charges, but told me that the purchases had been made thru my set-top box remote: "Sir, you have three set-top boxes in your residence! That is three opportunities for someone in your home to make these transactions..."! They can get so rude and loud and pushy. My point was and coninues to be: Yeah, and I do this intentionally so I can call and have these arguments with you people every month, over and over. (They would not remove the last NBA Pass scam, which was $199.00 in four installments, which I'm stuck paying). They said they can't get that money back because it already went to "The League".
    I think that Verizon has found a loophole here somewhere. There's no one at home except me and my wife and we have never rented or bought anything thru the set-top boxes. Anyway, I set a PIN on all three boxes after the $199.00 scam and it's never happened again. I'll bet that they can see that I set PINs. There has to be an argument against Verizon somehow; they have made God knows how much money off this idea against which the consumer has NO COMEBACK. (PLUS their sales commissions.). Why would a hacker do this? They can't see the FIOS stuff on my TVs, can they? Why? I'm missing something somewhere.

billing

I have BIG propblems with Verizon. My husband had internet service in PA when he was working there for several months and when he moved back to NJ he tried to cancel it. They said it would cost $79 for an early termination fee. His monthly fee was $36 at the time, which is already ridiculous for just internet service. They told him he could put it on vacation hold instead for 6 months and then just cancel without having to pay teh fee so thats what he did.
Little did we know they still charged us $16.34 a month during the "vacation hold" months. Shame on us for not noticing, but it came directly out of the bank account like EVERYTHING else we pay for and we didn't notice. They obviously did not explain the policy to him b/c who in their right mind would pay $16.34/month for 6 months (total of $98) instead of the early termination of $79????? and still have to worry about calling back and cancelling after 6 months.
Well he didn't remember to call and of course they don't inform you that the hold is done so last month they charged $64.34 to "restart the service" and $36.34 this month and they would have continued on and on if I hadn't finally noticed it.
I called and cancelled the service again and they would not refund all the charges. We haven't even lived in that location or used the service in almost a year and we've been charged $185 in that time! They refused to refund anything at first. I demanded a supervisor and she was rude but eventually agreed to an $89 refund. I will never use Verizon again!!
Do NOT fall for the "vacation hold". Just cancel and pay the termination fees.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 22, 2010

Woah, internet must be really cheap where you live if $36 is ridiculous.

refund

I canceled my Verizon FIOS services when I moved from Maryland. When my final bill was calculated with prorated services, I am owed a small refund of $1.36. Verizon FiOS has finalized and closed my account and will not mail me a check. However, I keep receiving email notifications that a bill is available online. I either want the $1.36 or for them to stop reminding me of it lol.

I wonder how many other former customer refunds they have written off their books. If the number is significant, I be the SEC would like to know.

fell between the cracks

On July 26, 2010, I started a new job. Part of the new job is having to have a Smartphone in order to be in constant communication with my coworkers. My new employer bought me a Blackberry and took over paying my bill. Since I have a family share plan with my mom, the worker at the Verizon kiosk divided our lines and made mine a sub-account in order to send the bill to my employer, and I would continue to pay the bill for her line.

Toward the end of August, I started getting emails, calls, and texts from Verizon saying that my account was delinquent and I had a past-due balance of $280 in addition to the next bill that was due, bringing the total to about $418. I was told that my service could be suspended if the delinquent amount wasn't paid.

At first, I was annoyed because it appeared as though my employer hadn't paid my bill. I had already gotten the bill for my mom's line in the mail, and I paid it on August 13, so I couldn't figure out why mine hadn't been paid. Furthermore, I got an email from my mom saying HER service had been suspended. Now, my mom has a potentially life-threatening illness, so I have always made sure our bill was paid on time so that at the very least, she would have the use of her cell phone if she needed it in an emergency. To have her phone shut off was unacceptable for me, especially since I had paid her bill.

I went to my supervisor to ask her if my bill had been paid, and she rifled through the stack of Verizon phone bills (everyone in the office has their bill sent there) but couldn't find mine.

I then went to Verizon's website to see if I could find what the problem was. I double-checked to make sure the billing address was correct, and it was. I saw that my preferred method of billing was paperless, so I thought that's what the problem was. I changed it, printed out my bill to give to my supervisor, and then made a call to Verizon Customer Service to clear things up. When I explained the situation, the representative I spoke with apologized, reinstated my mom's service, and helped me straighten it out.

Soon after, I started getting daily calls telling me the same thing as

before. I spoke with five or six different people and told them all the same

thing - we hadn't received the bill, but I printed one out and gave it to my

employer, so it was being taken care of. I even asked, at one point, that a

note be made on my account stating this, but I was ignored. I was told I

must provide confirmation that the bill would be paid and the date on which

this would occur, which I did.

My employer has since sent out a check. And this week, my service was disconnected. I sent several irritated emails to Verizon, and each response I got was full of "thank you for your business" and "you could try this", the latter of which included the obvious, no-brainer solutions that didn't solve my problem. I was told that my bill was sent out to my OLD address, which they said was the one I had on file. This couldn't have been true, because I had double- and triple-checked to make sure my account had the correct address. I was told I could call customer service to resolve any questions I might still have. Obviously I couldn't do that, as I'd tried a dozen times and was automatically redirected to the payment center.

I've called customer service again and again and was automatically redirected to the payment center each time, until I learned how to go directly to a live person (thank you, gethuman.com). Finally, I spoke with a real live human being, who told me there's nothing that can be done to reinstate my service until the check sent by my employer is posted to my account.

VERIZON didn't send the bill to us, VERIZON sent it to the wrong address, and VERIZON suspended my service. I, however, noticed there was a problem, I printed out a bill, I tried multiple times to straighten it out with customer service representatives, did everything I could possibly do, and I got my service shut off. I've been a Verizon customer for five years and have never had a problem. But now, because of Verizon's mistake, I'm treated as someone who just didn't feel like paying her bill.

billing mistakes

Soon after, I started getting daily calls telling me the same thing as
before. I spoke with five or six different people and told them all the same
thing - we hadn't received the bill, but I printed one out and gave it to my
employer, so it was being taken care of. I even asked, at one point, that a
note be made on my account stating this, but I was ignored. I was told I
must provide confirmation that the bill would be paid and the date on which
this would occur, which I did.

louzy touch screen phones by lg

Family plan : Our two sons choose for LG phones. One paid extra to get the LG EnV and the other one choose the LG Dare.
This was the end of August of 2009. It is now a few weeks after the one year warranty period. The LG EnV has been replaced 3 times in the past year. The LG Dare has been replaced once and is now broken. All LG's had the same issues: touch screen problems, where no digits would appear on the screen. This would make it impossible to call or to write or read messages. Every time a phone was replaced the replacement was a refurbished phone.
The Dare, which is now not working, has a manufacturing date of October 15 2008. This means this phone was made in October of 2008, and for a piece of electronics that is darn old to be sold as new ( or as replacement refurbished) . LG will only warranty their products for one year, or 15 months after manufacturing date. This means, because Verizon give you old refurbished phones, you can not return the phone for repairs ( under warranty) at LG, cause the day you got that phone it was already older than 15 months !
Verizon keeps telling us we should have taken an extended warranty. I do not agree. If you pay big $$ for a phone you should reasonably expect that phone to work properly for a certain amount of time, and that time should be at least one year, not a few months. The phones were all replaced by refurbished phones, that were older than the original ones.
LG is selling a terrible product and Verizon is selling its customers short by supplying them refurbished old phones until your warranty year expires. No lemon policy at Verizon or LG.

contract expiration

I have been a Verizon customer since they purchased AllTel and an AllTel customer for many years before that. My husband and I find that we never use our minutes of our plan or come close to it. We received numerous phone calls from Verizon telling us that we were eligible for new phones AND that our contract was up, please stop in the local store and buy your new phones and let’s get you under contract again! I stopped in the store and the Verizon rep looked up my account and we had a long discussion about minutes that are not used and their own pre-paid plan AND his comment was that our contract was up so if we chose to go to another provider that I could find a better deal at this would not be a problem. We switched to Net 10 (which by the way is OWNED by Verizon!!) Today I called Verizon to get my final bill AND was told our contract was told that our contract is not up for another four months and for cancelling we would be charged FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS for breaking our contract. After speaking to a supervisor she also told me too bad if the rep in the store made a mistake and the phone calls were misleading, your contract is not up for 4 more months and there is nothing we will do about it! She then told me that it CLEARLY shows our contract expiration date when I go on line to pay the Verizon bill. I have since searched the entire site AND my paper statements and NO WHERE does it ‘clearly show a contract expiration date’!! We will now be held hostage by Verizon and have to disconnect the pre-paid phones that now have our original Verizon cell numbers and have them ported back to Verizon and keep that HORRIBLE service for four more months. I believe that all companies of this nature who have dumb representatives that tell the customers anything they please even if it is the wrong information, they are NOT held accountable, should have to clearly show the contract expiration date on not only the paper statement that they send but also on the web site where you manage your account!

I can tell you all this; I will bad mouth Verizon to everyone and anyone that will listen AND will never, ever use their service again once our contract is up!

• Sh
    shepmom Sep 14, 2010

Once upon a time I too had Verizon. The contract was up and I just went month to month. What I didn't know at the time, was if you got a new phone, it would extend your contract for another 2years.

My daughter who was on our plan, with her birthday money, decided to buy a new phone. The rep from the Verizon store called and asked if it was alright for her to buy a phone since she was on our account. At no time did she state that it would extend our contract another 2 years.

Image my surprise to find out on the next bill that 2 of the lines were off contract but one line had a contract on it for 2 years. Never again. I've got prepaid.

• Cr
    crystal.b803 Sep 14, 2010

The my verizon website and the automated system both give the contract end dates. The 4 month early date is the upgrade date. I saw this post and looked at my online account and it does have the date. It is not on your bill because of your privacy.

MartMart Sep 15, 2010

It clearly states your contract end date on Verizons site when you log into MyVerizon and like others have said they give upgrade 4 months early so thats why they were calling you and you may have made the rep think that you depending on your choice of words when talking to him so to blame him solely isn't entirely fair when you misinformed the rep. Verizon gives you the tools to be fully informed on your account if you fail to utilize them its not Verizons fault.

Angry717 Jul 16, 2012

I too just ran into this situation. I checked my online account several times and I'll admit the date the jumped out at me was my Upgrade eligibility date. We took that to be our end of contract date and based our change of provider on it. I'm now looking at a $300.00 early termination fee and was just told the "4 Month early date" as well. I'll admit that if I went digging for the specific words End of Contract I very well may have found the correct date. It's my fault for assuming that the upgrade date and the end of contract date were the same. I also had in store reps telling me that my contract had ended and they were very interested in getting me back under contract. I guess that the only thing we should assume is that nothing we hear or see is the truth and no matter what, companies like this will get extra money from you one way or another. The people who commented on this complaint are right, it was our fault for not knowing we were being mislead. Shame on us.

charges for porting to new carrier

We had Verizon wireless since Oct 2006. All our phones were out of contract (3 phones), we then switched to ATT on 8/9/10. Our bill cycle started over on 8/2/10. We are now being charged a full months service for 7 days service. I had called Verizon's customer service numerous times before porting over to ATT to make sure we would not be charged the early termination fees since our last phone's contract ended 8/1/10; however not one of the customer service rep's mentioned they would screw us and make us pay through 9/4/2010. We were happy with Verizon's service up until this and now I would never recommend Verizon to anyone. I feel this is their way of collecting extra from customers that they can not charge the early termination fees. It's just their way of puting the shaft to you for leaving!!!

MartMart Sep 07, 2010

Any and all companies charge you for the full month on your last month of service. Im rather surprised you're not familiar with this and that you're claiming Verizon is trying to get more money out of you. If i wanted to end any services i have right now damn right they would charge me the last full month and i fully expect them too its called a billing cycle.

no call, no show for two appointments for installation

Share my pain with verizon …….
August 27, 2010
I had a 8-12pm appointment window for the addition of a fios television line upstairs.
1100 called customer services got the “we are experiencing a high call volume message”. Went to web and chatted with tech, was sent a link that said my order status was on schedule and on time.
1300 called customer service, told that he would contact dispatch to see where the technician was, placed on hold over 20 minutes, then call was disconnected.
1430 called customer service, was told that the technician was assigned my ticket and that he was running late but would be here. Was told that I should allow two hours passed my scheduled appointment for the technician to arrive (It was already 2 hours and 30 minutes passed the”allowed” time).
1730 called customer service and was told that they would transfer my call to someone who could help me, placed on hold over 15 minutes, and then call was disconnected
2030 called customer service, was told that it was late that that the technicians were done for the day. I was told that she would transfer my call to someone who could help me, placed on hold for 10 minutes then the call was disconnected.

August 30, 2010
0800called customer service about my no call, no show on august 27, 2010. Was given another appointment date of september 3, 2010 with a 8-5pm appointment window and that I would be called one hour prior to the technician arriving. When I explained that since I would have to miss another day of work for this appointment, could verizon waive the installation fee? I was told “no” but she would call me on the next business day after the installation to see what she could do.

September 3, 2010
0900 called customer service to insure that my order was assigned and to find out when he would be in my area and was told that the technician would give me a call at my home number.
1230 called customer service to relay that I was never got a call from the technician and was told that they didn’t have an order for my address despite being given the order number generated by verizon! I was told they didn’t know how I got that order number but it wasn’t in his system. To add insult to injury I was told that this was the holiday weekend and that they may be able to go above the call of duty and fit us in before 10pm but he couldn’t promise that it could be done but it was a good thing that I called because it would have been another no call, no show. Oh, he did apologize for the inconvenience.

It is 1300 now, I will let you know how it turns out.

no signal at work

I have been a loyal Verizon customer since the old Bell Atlantic Mobile days. Recently Verizon Wirele...

verizon lied / ilegal practices

I was given a price of $110 per month for Verizon Triple Play by a Verizon Sales Reprentative Mr. Wilder ($110 including 1 DVR, 2 cable boxes and 1 year free Premium package). I was also told an additional $15 per month discount would be applied if I switched to Verizon Wireless, bringing my bill to $95/month. After switching to Verizon Wireless (buying 2 HTC Incredible phones, 1400 minutes/month, 2 data packages and an additional phone), I was told my told my "Quad Play" bill was $130? I spoke with a customer service rep, two supervisors Mrs. Medina and Mrs. Freeman who would not honor the $95 promised price. They said there was no way anyone should've promised that price and could not help me! I have a reference number, Customer service & Supervisor names, dates, etc. It is no only completely unethical to charge more than an agreed price - IT'S ILLEGAL! This is a bait and switch. I only want to resolve this to the price I was PROMISED.

Verizon is used by most people I know and came highly recommended for their customer service and products. I more than frustrated and only had extremely bad experiences with Verizon. I will give my business to a competitor if this isn't resolved immediately.

Peter

unethical

Within 2 weeks of buying a Droid X I began having issues with screen freezing, random shut downs, etc. I went into the store on 8/1 and the phone was reset. I was cautioned to return/order a replacement by 8/17 to ensure I was within the one month window for returns. The problems continued. I was in again on 8/7 (out of town store) and on 8/9 had enough and returned to the Bloomington store to order a replacement. They insisted they install a logger application and informed me they ordered a phone which would ship the end of August. The problems continued. I followed up with this store on 8/21 to confirm the sho date and was told yes it ships the first of Sept and I would get an email. The problems continued so today I went into the Bloomington store to just return my phone and leave Verizon. I was informed a new phone was never ordered, but they could get one in two days. I refused and said I would leave and wasn't paying the early term fee. The Manager shared he could not do that and to call Verizon. I called as I left only to be told they could see where the store noted my account on 8/9 indicating a new phone was ordered, but it was in fact never ordered. They went on to share at this time they cannot waive the fee as over 30 days have passed since I got the phone. They said it is a store decision. Lies, lies, lies. DO NOT TRUST VERIZON.

• Ro
    Rosemarie Barker Jan 21, 2011

There is absolutely no "Customer Service" with Verizon. ZILCH.

There are eleven line item extra charges listed on every monthly Verizon statements besides the monthly contract fee.

See the following list of the eleven line items listed on a monthly Massachusetts Verizon Wireless Statement besides the contract fee:

1) Property tax recovery;
    8) Taxes; Governmental Surcharges & Fees;
    9) Usage Charges;
    10) Voice;
    11)Messaging.

transfer upgrade to another line

Verizon Wireless online gives the option of transferring phone upgrade to another line on your plan. It would...

lost my returned equipment

Verizon Fios lost my returned equipment and charged me 700.00 for the lost stuff and 377 penalty for not liking there service--call after call no resolution, they turned me into collections after one month!!!Not fair, rip off, class action suit is a great choice for this mess!!! Anyone else have this problem, I have talked to several people that this has happened too reently!! A money maker, rip off, innocent people trying to do the right thing!!!Shame on you Verizon fios

• Cm
    CM1986 Aug 30, 2010

Did you get a return receipt or something to say you returned the equipment ? If you have that tell them to eat then lost equipmentnfee.

price gouging

I was a customer of Verizon Wireless for about 13 years. During that time I had practically no problems with...

refurbished phones and bad customer service

I bought a NEW Droid cellphone in June 2010 for $200. In August 2010 my phone was instructing me to install...

moving and early termination fees

Back in May it was time to renew my Bundle for Verizon FIOS TV, FIOS Phone and FIOS Internet. When I spoke with the Customer Service Representative, I asked them if there will be an issue if I move and my new location doesn’t offer FIOS — would I be penalized? They said no. So I double and triple checked with them that if I cancel my service because they don’t offer FIOS that I will not have to pay an Early Termination Fee. They said that was correct.

Fast forward to today. They tell me that no, my new location doesn’t offer FIOS, but I am required to keep some form of Verizon service. In my case, it’s phone service because that’s what they offer at my new location. OH NO! This is NOT what I was told back when I renewed. Not to mention the fact that this is NOT what I signed up for. And I made sure to cover my bases by asking two and three times. And now they are trying to tell me that I have to have Verizon Phone Service. OR I can pay the Early Termination Fee (which would be $300) if I wanted to cancel and not keep some sort of Verizon service.

Are you f’ing kidding me? THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR. I am not going to pay out the Wazoo because of THEIR mistake. They need to start taking responsibility for what they say and do!

I asked to speak to a Supervisor. So I was placed on a “brief hold” – Ummm, last time I checked, a “brief hold” was NOT 45 minutes. Sorry Verizon, I do NOT have all day to sit on the phone to wait to talk to ANOTHER person who is more than likely going to lie to me. So I hung up.

And if the CS rep said one more time “I apologize that you were given wrong information” one more time, I was going to flip. Yeah, you are sorry, but I am the one that has to pay? Right. Not gonna happen.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this resolved?!

Christopherz Jan 05, 2012

Yes, they are aweful, and are ripping off customers. I just had the same experience with Verizon.
    I was twice confirmed that there is no ETF if I move to a non-verizon area, at the very beginning when I placed the order, and at the end when I placed order to disconnect. I have been with them for 18 months. One month after I moved, I found that they charged me
    the ETF $90. I have already spent four hours today on the phone fighting. It's no use.
    They don't honor their words. They are a crook.
    I want to gather all customers who had similar experiences and file a class action against them.
    Contact me at [email protected]

service/ replacement of defective procuct

I have been with Verizon for probably 20years. I had wireless and internet. My newly purchased cell phone ( under 3 months) went belly up on Friday. I went into a store on Saturday to be told that since it is a 'warranty' issue they cannot give me a cell out of their inventory. I, instead would have to be withouth a phone until Tuesday when it was 'sent' to me. In addition, in this same time frame i ordered a 'landline'. It was supposed to be turned on in 24 hours. It wasn't. I called and was told it was scheduled to be turned on on the 18th, but 'good news' the gal on the phone could have it moved up to the 16th. Today, is the 16th and they have no record of that call and I will have no service til the 18th. I currently am paying for cell phone service and land line and am using a 'disposable' phone. Can you say "VERIZON SUCKS' I can and will discontinue all my service in October when my contract expires.

• Ex
    ExVerizon Customer Aug 25, 2010

CUSTOMERS BEWARE OF VERIZON REPLACEMENT PROGRAM:

I have been a LOYAL Verizon customer for over 20 years, but I fear that this loyalty is about to come to an end. On Monday, Aug 23 my Driod died while I was on the road. I explicitly explain to the tech that I was traveling and that I use my phone for business. The phone was more than a device for talking, I used all of the features in order to stay current with contracts and change orders. I told her that I needed a replacement phone by the day and if there was an issue to let me know now. She assured me that the phone would be delivered to the hotel by 3:00 PM August 24. The next morning I went to check to see if anything had arrived. After several attempts to locate the package, I called Verizon to get a tracking number. Verizon then told me that the order was not placed until that day because a supervisor denied it. I explained to then once again the urgency of getting a phone and requested to know my options. Needless to say, I did not have any choice but to purchase a new phone at cost. (This equates to around $350 min and up to $600 for a DRIOD smart phone). On the other hand, I could wait until tomorrow to get my replacement phone. I provided them with a new location and they once again assured me that the phone would arrive by 3:00 Aug 25.

(Anyone in sales knows that being connected is necessary in the business world. So not having too much confidence with Verizon, I purchased a Blackberry as a temporary measure).

I called Verizon at 5:30PM; extremely upset because the phone had not arrived. This time I was told that it can take anywhere from 48 - 72 hours to receive a replacement phone. I wanted to know why the company felt it necessary to provide their customers with false expectations and why they deliberately lied. I informed the supervisor that if they had been honest with me I could had made a better choice on what I need to do in this situation. Now I have a 3-month-old smart phone that doesn't work, and temporary phone (Blackberry) that only marginal fits my needs, and an order for a replacement DROID; which is suppose to arrive sometime next week.

When I reiterated my frustration, I was told that they would compensate me for the days I am without a phone. What a bunch of crap!!! Go ahead Mr. / Mrs. Customers - we like you to pay your bills on time, but if the smart phone breaks - too bad. You can purchase a new one at full price. I know you spend at least $1350 per year, but that is your problem. We got you were we want you, by the shortz. We know that you will either, buy another smart phone, wait, or cancel the service.

Customer loyalty doesn't matter to Verizon. If your Smartphone dies, I recommend going to another provider if you need a replacement. Good luck Verizon customers, you are going to need it. I am jumping ship.

termination

we have had verizon for many years i recently got married and contacting family members now, im not able to because they have no coverage in the areas my inlaws live, or where i work, or where my wife works, we have 5 phones on this account 1 has a year contract on it the others dont have contracts and they will not wave the 100.00 fee, for early disconnect. patric the verizon employee was a smart ###. i will never use the company verizon if its the last cell company around.

MartMart Aug 18, 2010

If they waive it for you they would have to waive for everything, there's no reason to give you special treatment over anyone else. You signed the contract and you abide like the rest of us.

MartMart Aug 18, 2010

everyone*

angelfan Aug 20, 2010

why would verizon waive an early temination fee? The reason for the fee is because you promised 2 years with them. You signed into a two year contract with that line, just because the other lines are up, you feel that you should no longer have to commit to your last contract? You signed the contract, you knew it has an early termination fee, I don't see why you are upset. oh wait let me guess, you are probably under the assumption that the world revolves around you. Well, sorry it doesn't. If you didnt want an early termination fee then you should have paid full price for your phone and only paid month to month or should have done a pre paid. And by the way let's think logically, you are leaving the company, why would they waive anything now? Maybe if you had a high bill and you were a loyal customer they'd help you out, but not when you are leaving.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices