Menu
UPS
reviews & complaints

UPS
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1786 complaints
202 resolved 1584 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of UPS. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
11:06 pm

UPS - amazon package

Heard noise st door, opened it just in time to see ups driver get in truck, he looked at me as he drove off, my package had bn torn open and 1 of the 3 items had bn opened bc the lid was not sealed nor completely closed. I had ordered 3 containers of a mint Julio facial mask, one was opened, for some reason, the driver had wrapped the box in a white fitted bed sheet, strangest darn thing iv wer experienced in all the many multiple times iv received packages from UPS. The driver didnt ring doorbell etc., I just happened to hear the truck pull up,

10:04 am

UPS - aggressive and unsafe ups driver 4/27/19

While traveling north bound on Colorado BLVD in Denver Colorado on April 27, 2019 at 5:27 pm we were passed by a UPS truck with the following identification license plate number BBQ-105 CO FLT - Truck Number 168713. The UPS driver driver was speeding and shifting multiple lanes, while cutting people off. It was particularly concerning as one of the vehicle that was cut off was a motorcycle. The UPS truck appeared in a hurry and disregarded traffic laws.

W
3:18 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

All deliveries are to go to the rear door marked "OFFICE". On 4/26/2019 packages from UPS were left at the front door and some packages went missing. The usual driver always delivers to the correct door but on this date a driver left the packages at the front door where it is NOT safe to leave anything. It is clearly marked with signs to deliver to the...

3:39 pm

UPS - package not delivered as expected

My name is Stephanie Sampson. I was to have a package delivered to 6220 Tucker LN Union City, GA 30291 between 11am-3pm on 4/26. While waiting for this package, I received an email @ 1225 about a missed delivery. I am very upset about this because I was home to receive this package. At no time did I hear anyone knocking on my door. The next delivery date on the info notice states Monday 4/29. I called custmer service numerous times and spoke with an assistant manager and manager. Due to no fault of my own, I feel that I was delivered an injustice because of the driver's poor attempt of delivering this package and not knocking on my door. I was told by one person I will get my package today and will recieve a call back within a hour. I called UPS back because I never received the call back. I spoke with the manager and was told there was no guarantee that I would possibly receive my package today. This is very poor customer service and need to file a companint in relations to this issue. My tracking number is 1zw490240318514792. This is so unfair and very poor customer service because I feel I was getting the run around and no one was accomodating at all. The driver was wrong because he failed to knock on the door. The representative, supervisor, and manager made no attempt to get this matter resolved. I still do not have my package and do not know when I will receive this package. This type of customer service is not good and I am extremely disappointed in the servcie that I have been dealt.

Update by Stephanie Sampson
Apr 26, 2019 3:40 pm

My name is Stephanie Sampson. I was to have a package delivered to 6220 Tucker LN Union City, GA 30291 between 11am-3pm on 4/26. While waiting for this package, I received an email @ 1225 about a missed delivery. I am very upset about this because I was home to receive this package. At no time did I hear anyone knocking on my door. The next delivery date on the info notice states Monday 4/29. I called custmer service numerous times and spoke with an assistant manager and manager. Due to no fault of my own, I feel that I was delivered an injustice because of the driver's poor attempt of delivering this package and not knocking on my door. I was told by one person I will get my package today and will receive a call back within a hour. I called UPS back because I never received the call back. I spoke with the manager and was told there was no guarantee that I would possibly receive my package today. This is very poor customer service and need to file a complaint in relations to this issue. My tracking number is 1zw490240318514792. This is so unfair and very poor customer service because I feel I was getting the run around and no one was accommodating at all. The driver was wrong because he failed to knock on the door. The representative, supervisor, and manager made no attempt to get this matter resolved. I still do not have my package and do not know when I will receive this package. This type of customer service is not good and I am extremely disappointed in the service that I have been dealt.

1:14 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 4/24/19 at approximately 11am a UPS driver delivered a package to my neighbor. My driveway was JUST paved at 10am on 4/24/19 and was blocked by trash cans, but the driver decided to turn around into my newly paved driveway anyway and left tire tracks. It took me 25 minutes to get in touch with a human to report my complaint, but finally did, but the...

L
10:02 am

UPS - ups delivery

I need to leave delivery instructions for signed delivery... My regular driver is great...in past subs have not always delivered... Go to wrong entrance... Need to go to entrance with mail boxes go to pin pad put in 0215... They actually left note on wall one time unable to deliver... Never buzzed apt... Did they think I would have a psychic moment... Also still waiting for supervisor call back... That seldom happens... Soooooo frustrated... Dealing with car reps in philippines is a challenge.. Leave u on hold for a half an hour... And often do not get info correct.. Please help

R
3:37 pm

UPS - delivery issue

I sent my daughter a birthday gift through a jewelry retailer. The box had the wrong house number on it but UPS shows they delivered the item to the address on the package. How is this possible when there is no house at the address the shipper listed? The jeweler will not replace the item because UPS say they delivered it without signature but there is no house at the street number marked on the package. When I called UPS they said they will make an attempt to go back to the address and pick up the package but hello! There is no such address on my daughter's street. They said if the driver can't recover it then I have to go back to the jeweler to order another and they are not responsible. What should have happened if the address was bad is that the package should have been returned to the shipper. Aggravating to say the least and expensive to replace the personalized item.

V
6:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The driver assigned to my address refuses to deliver to my address after 11 a.m. - we don't open until the afternoon as we service customers who are professional entertainers and technicians who have late hours. Although the driver has returned for other units in the afternoon - he refuses to do the same for us. He is called "Judge" and he gives his phone...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We moved to this area a year ago and have had terrible service here. My wife is retired and is home 95% of the time and she has been home when ups driver posts a note on our door saying no one was home... But this was not true. I realize some things need signing but if the driver does not hear a doorbell... He just leaves and this has been difficult for u...

2:35 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

UPS - package never scanned at pick-up box & went missing

On March 30, 2019 I returned an iPhone 10X through UPS, (wrapped in bubble wrap and inserted in a plain, cardboard box) to Verizon Wireless. At least I thought I did. I placed the box with a mailing label provided by Verizon, in a UPS mailbox at Pacific and Sunset St in Rocklin, CA. This is a busy intersection and the box said the next pick-up would be 4:45 PM. I placed the box in the mailbox at around 2:00 PM. Within five days, I started receiving texts from Verizon saying my phone - which was less than a year old and in perfect working condition - had not been received. These messages kept coming for two weeks even though I was out of the country. I called Verizon and found out that the tracking number had never been scanned. There's no record of the package. This phone is worth over a $1000 and it's no small matter that it was stolen. There's no way someone could break into this box, at this intersection, without someone seeing something. I believe that UPS driver took the package and never activated the tracking number. It does no good to have tracking numbers if the UPS driver is not honest. And in this case, the driver was not. I will be very hesitant in the future to use UPS for any type of shipment - including my business. The tracking number never activated was: 1Z4E9W390623092122. I also intend to make a police report.

N
5:36 pm

UPS - speeding truck.

Speeding UPS driver on Shadybrook Drive in High Point, NC, 27265 on 4/10/19 at 5:20 p.m. License number ZC 9917. Speeding in front of school in turn left only lane. Kept speeding to rush in front of car to get in straight lane. There were signs warning it was a turn only lane. Needs to be reprimanded and taught how to drive properly!

Patricia Lentz

P
2:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was anticipating a shipment on Friday March 29th, 2019. Perishable shipment was NOT delivered until Saturday March 30th! Contacted your company, Rep said it was VOIDED on the 29th, Why??? Shipment valued at $6, 897.00!!! Contacted Pharmacy, Insurance company and your company to notify of such a SERIOUS error. PLEASE, don't let this happen again with ANY perishable packages!

T
1:02 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

UPS - did not have "suite" listed so no effort made, to deliver package - no phone call no e-mail sent.

Did not have "suite" listed (no suite, etc., was appropriate) — no effort / attempt was made to find better address or deliver pkg - no phone call, no e-mail sent. Apparently did not even load the package on the truck — Driver would have known what to do with it as we get UPS and other shipments all the time.

Also, there is no disclaimer that the "Suite" line is mandatory (SOMETHING could have been added).

tracking #s:
1Z5562520376852298
1Z5562520376852305

Shipped from: SAINT PAUL, MN, US
To: Little Rock, AR (this is where the error message was noted)

"The suite number is either missing or incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address. / The package will be returned to the sender."

L
12:59 pm

UPS - ups delivery

I ordered from Amazon, I am a Prime member and pay for this service.

This package has gone to the West Sacramento Carrier Facility 3 TIMES!
There is NO excuse for this level of service.
Look at the tracking, this package is going back and forth between carrier facilities:
Why is this happening? Do you have employees that don't pay attention to where the package is going before it is put on a truck? We pay good money for next day delivery!

VERY FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!

7:12 pm

UPS - delivery

Was tracking my package, 1Z55R2410217755489, which arrived at the Phoenix facility at 0446am, April 3, 2019. It then departed the Phoenix facility approximately 20 minutes later, April 3, 2019. THEN, it returned to the Phoenix facility 10 minutes later, April 3, 2019.
So now, it's April 8, 2019, 408pm and my package, which by the way was a guanteed 3 day delivery, is STILL at the Phoenix facility, and no one can tell me why.
So now I want a answer, and I want it within the next 6 hours. You received my package and for whatever reason, it is not being delivered. Answers please.

9:34 am

UPS - customer service

Plain and simple. My package (birthday supplies for my grandson) was delivered to an incorrect address. I provided correct address and double checked to make sure. I called. The person I talked to informed me of the mistake and that the package was delivered to incorrect address. She put a "claim" into the investigation department and I was told they would call me the next day at 8:00 am. No call. I called them and was told they tried calling at 7:00 am. I have a cell. It did not register a missed call nor where there any messages. I was told they would call me back sometime that day. I waited until 1:00 pm. I called them back again. I was told there was an active investigation. I informed them that I needed more information and asked to speak with the investigation department. She told me they would call asap. I finally got upset. I did get a call back in about 15 minutes this time. I was told that they would send a driver back to the address that the package was delivered to find out if it was still there and they would email me when it was located. Surprise surprise. I did not recieve an email. I called back again. This time I was informed it could take up to 8 buisness days. I replied unacceptable. I asked to talk to the investigation department and was told they were all gone home for the day. Surprise surprise. I then asked if they would be open the next day (saturday). I was told yes. When I called all offices are closed for the weekend. Surprise surprise again. I did have the choice between canada post or ups for delivery. I went with ups because they were a little cheaper. I guess you do get what you pay for. I will never ever use ups again.

4:32 pm

UPS - ups driver

My family and myself all pretty much live grouped together in an area in oxford off the road, with a few dirt or gravel drives connecting us. Anytime ups delivers to someone, the driver always comes barreling down our drive traveling atleast 40 mph if not right at it. And we live on a farm. And as stated previously we live off the road. So of course we have pets that are outside playing, walking, etc. Well this morning, on the 5th day of april, 2019.. The driver came wayyy to close to hitting my puppy! The driver slowed down when I threw my hands up. But I only did that (threw my hands up) as a back up. When I realized he wasnt yielding, stopping or even slowing down. And as a matter of fact, I guarantee my puppy would have been ran over by y'alls vehicle this morning, if I wasn't outside at the time, and was inside. Because he didn't have any type of yielding reaction till I did what I did.
Not trying to cause a big fuss, I just want to bring this to the attention of the proper people at y'alls company so that this will not happen again or worse even escalate to a injury or death. Please assist me with this matter.in advance, thank you for the assistance and patience. Have a good day!

M
4:28 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

UPS - where driver left package

I was expecting a print to be delivered by UPS. I kept checking to see info on the shipping as the seller said she had shipped it on 3/19/2019. Kept checking and no info on delivery. She called me and said she had just got notice it was delivered on 3/20/2029 at 2:27. I put tracking number in and it said Delivered st my address. Went everywhere trying to find it but nothing. Called UPS and told them I couldn't find it. I told her it also stated it was left at: Other and received by driver released. So where is it...no notice of where left. She put me on hold to try and find out where he left it
Finally she comes back and says he left it behind the gate?What gate? She says by the mailbox. Are you kidding. I have lived here for 11 years and UPS, FedEx always come up my drive which is up a small hill at least 500-600 ft from the road. The big wooden gate he threw it behind is always opened with bushes behind it.
He could have walked behind it. It was found in a pile of leaves which were behind the gate which is not that near the mailbox on main road. It had been there t the 23rd. This must be a new driver because all my others always bring packages up to the house. This was not a small package. I can't believe he thought we could have seen it. I would love to send a picture of where he threw it. I'm expecting food to be delivered today and hopefully it won't be him. Was he in such a rush that he couldn't come up the drive. He is lucky that it hadn't been the week before when it had rained al.ost everyday. And it would have been nice of him to leave a notice in mailbox of what he had done with the package.
Hopefully I won't have the pleasure of meeting him. Not a trusting driver..

B
4:06 pm

UPS - dangerous driver complaint ups

I just chewed out a UPS driver that just blew through a red light right in front of me while I was at a green light. His truck number is either I38953 or 138953. He is a local driver in North Haven, CT area. I just lost a friend that was killed at an intersection under very similar circumstances just last week. This is a wrong as it gets especially when the driver is operating a commercial truck. I hope that he is confronted by a supervisor over this issue. This just can't happen. By the way, I work for the dealership that he was doing his pickup from and pulled in right behind him to address this directly with him. If he continues this behavior he will kill someone.

G
12:03 pm

UPS - delivery driver

I want to file a complaint on a driver who was driving in front of me. We were in a 35mph zone, both of us were doing the max. This was on sudlow lake rd, graniteville, sc 29829 at 11:29am today Tues april 2, 2019, right before you turn to go to midland valley high school. Your driver slams on breaks never using a turning signal and then parks abruptly on the side of the road to deliver his package. With no warning and it's raining, It was all I could do not to hit him and I didnt. Safety should be 1st

UPS contacts