Complaints & Reviews

very rude

Spoke with someone I let them know that my chest was scratched and they said someone would call spoke with a very rude guy. Name Andy diction after asking to speak to who was over him which is Shad Riley he stated these. Mr. Riley doesn't take calls he is the boss and he take the calls so he doesn't have to bragged about speaking with the ceo they. Told me they would replace my chess and sent a drawer as well as him telling me that because my chest was scratch bring it in the house that it wouldn't be replaced I'm furious at this company l. I'll never use them again

warranty

I went away for a camping weekend when I came home I noticed my cats had scratched the arms of my couch and...

lazyboy recliner

purchased warranty pet plus from lazyboy on a leather recliner approx 8 months later saw a tear / cut on...

ultrasheild warranty on bonded leather sectional

Bought a sectional from surplus freight in Calgary February 2014 Noticed some peeling starting on one side so...

Calgary Repair Services

lazy boy recliner

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner as my husband was in the hospital having just had bypass surgery and need something that reclined to sit/sleep in once he got home. I was encouraged to purchase the ultra shield warranty so if there where any stains or rips in the funiture they would fix it. I have never purchased a warranty on furniture before, but due to the situation, I thought it was good idea. I was completely wrong! Less than 2 years later the recliner had a hole in the material. (All the other furniture in my house is older than this recliner and none have holes in them.) I call Ultra Shield. After 3 calls, I finally received a call back. They told me to e-mail pictures and the original receipt. I did that very day. They never responded. I resent it 2 more times, no reponse. I called them. They told me I was denied as it was normal wear and tear. Seriously, normal wear and tear!? An $1800 Lazy Boy Recliner should have a hole in it in less than 2 years!? Ultra Shield Warranties are a complete rip off and Lazy Boy should be ashamed to use them! For that matter I will never buy another Lazy Boy product again either. Way to expensive for a shoddy product! I have better furniture in my house from Overstock.com! (No holes in my much older overstock furniture.)

pet insurance on furniture

Do NOT buy the Ultra Shield insurance package. It's a SCAM! They won't cover damage that is more than 20 dollars. They offer pet insurance on your furniture but fail to tell you it doesn't cover any rips, tares, punctures or stains from animals (so basically they offer pet insurance that doesn't cover pets!) Sandy Casler is in charge of claims and is absolutely no help in processing claims, I guess that's to be expected when you choose to work for a company meant to rip people off!

refund

I have been dealing with Mina sorocco for the last 5 months and every time I email her I get the run around .first I was suppose to receive it within 60 to90 days, then I was told I would receive it within a couple of weeks that the checks where processed, waited another month after that then I was told that another company took over and changed banks and the process is slow.its been almost 6 months now this is ridiculous.if the checks where processed 2 months ago I would have received it by now.do I have to get my attorney involved for a lousey $155.00.

protection plan

Complaint Description: Ultra Shield has refused to cover the warranty on our leather couch, that was damaged...

leather furniture

It is impossible to get in touch with Ultra Shield, they say they will call back in two days, When they do and leave a message and I return the call I have to leave a message. I can't sit by my phone all day waiting for their call. They will never pick up when I call, always have to leave a message. It is obvious they don't want to talk to me. They have taken my money and ran with it. THEY ARE THIEVES! I talked to Lazy Boy where I bought the furniture and they said they have had many complaints about Ultra Shield, I hope they have gone with another company. How do they stay in business? I battled with them for months and never got to talk to anyone.

warranty

Ultra Shield is a complete scam. I regret not reading this before I called the company to report a stain on...

furniture warranty

They denied my claim because I didn't report the problem within 5 days of first noticing it. They also kept restating the nature of my complaint to make it sound like I was reporting an uncovered problem. I repeatedly corrected them, to no avail. I purchased the warranty through La-Z-Boy, which I thought was a reputable retailer. I am now taking my complaint directly to the CEO of La-Z-Boy. The only way to stop unethical companies like Ultrashield is to get retailers to stop selling their useless warranties. I would love to see numbers showing what percentage of claims they actually cover as I suspect there is the basis for a class action lawsuit.

useless warranty

Defunct warranty for furniture. Do not buy this warranty. Sold by many furniture companies. They do not solve...

scam

I manage the detail dept at a Naples Auto Dealer and was contacted by a woman from Ultrashield. She started...

warranty coverage

I paid nearly $300 for a 10 year warranty for my furniture from this company. Even though I followed the application instructions, kept all necessary documentation and contacted them immediately to file my claim, my claim was denied. The companies position on the matter changed from me not applying the product correctly to the furniture having a "manufacturer defect" to the furniture material not being covered under their warranty.
After months of getting the run around from Ultra Shield I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau only to find out that Ultra Shield hadn't become a member of the BBB until after the initial purchase of my furniture and their warranty therefore the BBB could not support me in litigation. I was, however, advised that the Attorney General Office in the State of Kentucky has a consumer rights and protection division that may pursue matters such as this if multiple similar complaints are filed with the BBB and brought to the attention of the Attorney General.
If you have had a negative experience with Ultra Shield, I urge you to file a complaint with both the BBB and the Attorney General Office of Kentucky. Companies like Ultra Shield should not be allowed to take advantage of consumers and get away with it. File a complaint or contact the BBB at www.bbb.org or by phone at [protected]. File a complaint or contact the Attorney Generals Office of Kentucky at ag.ky.gov or by phone at [protected].

• De
    DebraLH Aug 01, 2014

I live in Maine and fully agree with your comments regarding Ultra Shield. I've had a complaint in since April 2014 and they are still giving me the run around. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. They sent a furniture repair company over to my house just to look at the skirting on my sofa to say the skirting needs to be replaced because the chemical that Ultra Shield sent me bleached out the skirting. Then I receive a letter from Ultra Shield in the mail stating that because they don't have my phone number the technician who is scheduled to come look at the sofa cannot get hold of me! I called them and informed them that a technician had already been to my house a month ago. They had no record of it. So I had to give them the contact information for the furniture repair guy who showed up at our house in a van with long hair (pretty scary). Anway, as of 7/24/14, Ultra Shield has not received any report from this repair service. I've contacted him in person and have left voicemails and he does not return my call. What is going on Ultra Shield??? DO NOT BUY THIS SERVICE WHEN PURCHASING NEW FURNITURE, OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T CARE OR STAND UP TO THEIR SUPPOSEDLY "WARRANTY' SERVICE!!!

Debra Hartford, Me

warranty

company states full replacement warranty on their advertisement and also on their leather care kit box..when...

damage leather

I bought my sectional from Lazyboy and purchased the Ultra Shield Fabric Protection Plan. The cleaning...

don't purchase

I recently purchased new living room furniture. The local furniture retailer promoted treating the fabric with a stain protection chemical and insurance package from Ultra Shield. I have purchased fabric protection from other companies in the past and have been satisfied with the results.

Ultra Shield is a different matter, their customer service and response ***. Shortly after receiving the new furniture, I let my wet (water) pant leg come in contact with the ottoman, which left a wet spot. I wasn't concerned at the time, thinking since it was just water it would dry without incident. But once the area did dry, it left a water stain or ring on the fabric. I pulled out my warranty card with Ultra Shield and read that "any food or drink consumed by humans was covered". I called customer service and explained the accident to them, and was immediately told that since the water came from my pant leg, and not a glass, it was not covered. I could not believe what I was hearing, when I chalenged the person on this response I was again told sorry, no coverage.

I contacted the local Stanley Steamer cleaning company, explained the problem to them, and they cleaned the ottoman no problem, and only charged me $20. Stanley Steamer also informed me that they do contract work Ultra Shield and have a hard time getting paid, and they won't return phone calls.I called Ultra Shield back a second time requesting reimbursement for the cleaning fee and was told "sorry Charlie" again. I then asked to speak to supervisor and was connected to a voice mail box for Margret. I left a detailed message about the incident and requested a return phone call, which I never received.

These people just want your money and have no intention of providing any restoration service. This was just water, what if I had a real stain like coffee or wine? If I purchase furniture again, I will not be "donating" to Ultra Shield, they are worthless scamers.

• Se
    see me here Jul 14, 2011

The above name company offers coverage that is very limited. Reading over the information, looks like they cover stains from foods and beverages that are being consumed. You could of been rained on and went home wet and sat on the furniture. One rule of life that many fail to follow is "read what you buy!!" This will help you save time and money. I ask from all consumers out there to please stop defaming our American own businesses, a contract is a contract and that's the end of it.

John Dudasik Mar 30, 2013

Ultra shield plain old SUCKS!!! Any company that sells this protection plan needs to rethink their core values. Why would a wet pant leg be any different than a spill from a glass? Ultra shield tries to weasel out of their end of the contract with any excuse they can. If they're American, then I'm going to start purchasing Middle Eastern!!!

warranty

This company sold us a $150 warranty for our couch which offers 10 year warranty coverage for stains rip...

charged me for technician bill

Ridiculous!!! This company is such a scam!!! Actually sent me a bill for the technician they sent out!!!

Here's how it goes. You call your claim in and they use trapping techniques to get you to say something that disqualifies you from relieving a claim... i.e. "was the scratch on the surface or beneath the surface?"

After numerous questions like this they get to the end and say something like this- "thank you for your time, but because you stated X to question #34, you are denied a claim."

After learning their system, I filed a different claim on a different problem with my furniture. This one I passed! However, after thetechnician came out and fixed it, they sent me a bill for the repair costs and stated I reported false information.

Ashley furniture luckily is giving me a prorated refund of my warranty. Im still filing a report with the better business bureau...

refuse to repair

My husband and I, we bought a dinnette and hutch set worth more than $2, 500.00. I called Ultra Shield's office to log surface water damage on the dining table and a crack on the side of the leaf, to extend the table. The facade of the glass hutch has oak panels which is part of the hutch decor and it is warped. We paid a 5-year warranty for this dinette set and they refused to repair.

The surface of the dinning table has rough patches on it although I did condition the set every now and then. We bought this set from Roomful Express and since Roomful Express is using Ultra Shield Wood - we won't be going back to Roomful Express or any other furniture companies, who uses Ultra Shield. Never again, will we buy any other warranties from any furniture stores.

• Ru
    ruchie Sep 09, 2011

This poster is correct, i bought a warranty four years ago and I realized right away something was up. So over past four years i called in 3 diffrent times using 3 diffrent strategies and every single time they told with 3 minutes, either im sorry we dont cover that or we dont cover this etc.

They claim they only cover accidental, and on single areas ie if u have two scratches or cracks the warranty wont cover and if u call in and say I dont know what caused the damage they will right away deny dut to "unknown damages" thus warranty is a scam and they have all proper wording in the "uncovered area" that makes the warranty completely, worthless. BEWARE WOOD SHIELD<, ULTRA SHIELD FABRIC PROTECTOR IS A SCAM

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices