Menu
UltraShield
reviews & complaints

UltraShield
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

24 complaints
9 resolved 15 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of UltraShield. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
3:39 pm

UltraShield - charged me for technician bill

Ridiculous! This company is such a scam! Actually sent me a bill for the technician they sent out!

Here's how it goes. You call your claim in and they use trapping techniques to get you to say something that disqualifies you from relieving a claim... i.e. "was the scratch on the surface or beneath the surface?"

After numerous questions like this they get to the end and say something like this- "thank you for your time, but because you stated X to question #34, you are denied a claim."

After learning their system, I filed a different claim on a different problem with my furniture. This one I passed! However, after thetechnician came out and fixed it, they sent me a bill for the repair costs and stated I reported false information.

Ashley furniture luckily is giving me a prorated refund of my warranty. Im still filing a report with the better business bureau...

Hide full review
B
3:46 pm

UltraShield - refuse to repair

My husband and I, we bought a dinnette and hutch set worth more than $2, 500.00. I called Ultra Shield's office to log surface water damage on the dining table and a crack on the side of the leaf, to extend the table. The facade of the glass hutch has oak panels which is part of the hutch decor and it is warped. We paid a 5-year warranty for this dinette set and they refused to repair.

The surface of the dinning table has rough patches on it although I did condition the set every now and then. We bought this set from Roomful Express and since Roomful Express is using Ultra Shield Wood - we won't be going back to Roomful Express or any other furniture companies, who uses Ultra Shield. Never again, will we buy any other warranties from any furniture stores.

1 comment
R
Sep 09, 2011 5:27 pm

This poster is correct, i bought a warranty four years ago and I realized right away something was up. So over past four years i called in 3 diffrent times using 3 diffrent strategies and every single time they told with 3 minutes, either im sorry we dont cover that or we dont cover this etc.

They claim they only cover accidental, and on single areas ie if u have two scratches or cracks the warranty wont cover and if u call in and say I dont know what caused the damage they will right away deny dut to "unknown damages" thus warranty is a scam and they have all proper wording in the "uncovered area" that makes the warranty completely, worthless. BEWARE WOOD SHIELD

Hide full review
A
11:30 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wow!! This is a ripoff company which should be reported to The U.S. Attorney General's office. They try to trick you. They lie. They do everything possible to try to NOT pay you. Right now my business with them is unfinished because I will go through the court's if necessary. I would assume that after I sue Ashley's to replace the furniture that was damaged, they may stop using this really HORRIBLE SCAM company. Yikes!!!

V
6:03 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I needed to make a claim for my dining room table that had burn marks from hot plates or cups and scratches. Before I made the claim, I did internet research and found many complaints about Ultrashield. It seems that they do not want to follow through with their warranties. I took all the advice from others who had been denied. I did not give more...

UltraShield contacts