Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Car Rental U-Haul International Reservation of 15 foot truck for one way move from Buffalo, NY to Richmond, VA

U-Haul International  -  Reservation of 15 foot truck for one way move from Buffalo, NY to Richmond, VA

P
Author of the complaint
4:53 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Reservation confirmation received via email on 6/12/2021:

500 E Belt Blvd
Richmond, VA 23224
Drop Off Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Equipment: 15' Truck

I drove to the above location on 6/23 to confirm date and time of truck rental pickup (6/26 - 10:30 am). There was a hand written note to contact U-Haul regarding rentals and a phone number. The call was returned by "Dominic" who asked questions about how I had coordinated truck rental reservation and where I was going to use the truck.
I shared that the rental arrangement was made on line and that I had selected the 15' truck that showed as being available at his location, and that it was for a one way trip to Richmond, Virginia - all information provided for reservation that was made on Saturday, June 12th. I detailed that his store was the closest location for me.
Dominic shared that "while I hate to lose the commission, there is no way my truck can make that kind of a drive...and that someone from U-Haul would contact me about other options."
I inquired why he listed the truck to be available if it was not, and what would have happened if I simply showed up as planned Saturday June 26th at 10:30 am - with movers already scheduled and paid in Buffalo and Richmond?
No response other than U-Haul will be in touch.
I contacted U-Haul through a 1-800 number and was told that someone would be in touch the night before my move and that I would be provided a location for pickup and they would try to match the truck size I had originally reserved.
I now have to arrange for someone to drive me to pick up this truck at a location that is unknown and perhaps for a truck larger or smaller than my needs!
How is it that a franchisee or whatever the above location is - can make a 15'truck available for rent on line, then tell me it isn't - only after I took time to double-check the date and time for picking it up?
I sit anxious with no assurance I will have the vehicle I (thought) I reserved almost two weeks ago. Given treatment to this point, I'm very insecure that this will go smoothly.

0 comments