TXUWrong Address

Executive Feedback
P.O. Box 650764
Dallas, TX [protected]

To whom it may concern,
I am writing this regarding the bad mistake I made to return to your company after many years. I was happily receiving my bills and paying them from Reliant Energy when your “salesperson” came to the door with her wonderful story about TXU and how it has changed and wants our business back. We were willing to try again and signed up. We verified our address and information not only with the salesperson, but TXU called our house and got all of the correct information. We were told that we would expect a bill in a few months, as the exact date we would move to TXU was not certain. No problem right?...WRONG! We signed up in June, so a month goes by and I receive a full bill from Reliant as expected, so I paid that. July, I receive another full bill from Reliant, they did say it may take a couple of months, so no problem, pay that bill. August, another full bill from Reliant, paid. September, no bill from Reliant or TXU. Hoping it will come some time during the month.
September 29, 2009, get a call from the security system company that morning that power has been shut off to our house. Hmm, maybe we are having a power outage. Come home, no power. Call TXU, we have been shut off due to no payment. NO PAYMENT?? We have not even received a bill. Well the bill is going to some place in Boca Raton, Florida. BOCA RATON??? I have never lived in Boca Raton but my husband did over 5 years ago!! He has lived in Texas for the past 5 years. Did it ever at any time cross your mind to maybe send at least one cancellation notice to the residence WHERE THE POWER IS BEING SHUT OFF just in case your records are wrong????????? So your customer service apologizes and says it was their mistake. Fine, please turn our power back on. Well that may be tonight or tomorrow?? WHAT? It was your fault! Why can you not send someone over right now to turn it on? I have an asthmatic son that needs breathing treatments. My husband and I are employed full time as well as college students and have assignments to work on. My refrigerator has been off all day and you are telling me it may be another whole day?? So, I spend the evening going next door to use the nebulizer for my son and sitting in a dark house with two children.
September 30, 2009 we are told it should be turned on by the end of the business day…SHOULD be turned on???? Are you kidding me????? What is going on? Do you just not care what you are doing or who you are affecting? I have to replace a whole refrigerator and freezer full of at least $500 worth of food because you cannot find the time to send someone out to flip a switch?? I have an asthmatic son who has to walk next door to do a breathing treatment because you made a mistake and are not in any hurry to fix it. I am a reasonable person and when you admitted you screwed up, if you would have sent someone to turn our power back on right then, end of story, mistakes happen. But no, we are treated as if we are unimportant. I know you really are not concerned with this, but at least pretend to care about the money and inconvenience you have caused me. I am so upset right now and I am trying to keep my composure, but my husband informed me our power is STILL OFF.

• Pe
    Pete_Butt Oct 14, 2013

Any time anything like this happens call the Public Utility Commission of Texas, file a formal complaint, then call the company and tell them that a complaint has been filed. You'll be amazed how fast they care after that. I had a similar problem with Just Energy and it was fixed several hours after the complaint was filed.