Turkish Airlineturkish airline not a star alliance

Flying from Dakar to Bangkok via Istanbul with Turkish airline, the flight was delayed for two days due to to a carrier defect. For the note a similar carrier defect took place while flying from Bangkok to Dakar.

While waiting at the airport for the carrier to be fixed, food was offered to coach passengers whereas business passengers were left starving in an empty lounge.
When the cancellation of the flight was announced, passengers who could speak Turkish or were friend with the Turkish Airline ground staff were re-routed on other flights. Despite being Star Alliance gold and business passenger I could not get any service and was told that all the seats available on alternative routes had already been granted to other passengers. Strangely, when inquiring at other companies desk business seats were available all the way to Bangkok. Apparently Turkish airline has not yet understood what a gold status Star Alliance member is. They clearly do not deserve to be par of the alliance.

in Dakar the passengers could speak Turkish and were friend with the ground sta

• Updated by Reggie In Cali · May 20, 2018

It’s now over 3 hours and the passengers are still just seating on at a gate. How is this ok?

• Mo
    Moazzam Nazir Oct 23, 2018

Never Fly with Turkish Airlines if you have an infant with you on board. They are always ready to grab more bucks from you to get extra legroom seat. You'll most probably never get a bassinet.

• Fl
    Flaka Sejdaj Oct 14, 2018

When we booked the flight we requested wheelchair accessible for both of my parents. My parents are suffering from different sicknesses and need the wheelchairs. In New York they were provided but in Turkey they were told to follow while one person was in a wheelchair. The incompetency was really disturbing. They were even rushed trying to follow.

Cherryberryn Sep 01, 2018

I have never experience as bad and outrageous customer service than in this airport Bangkok! All the staff is very rude and terribe angry.
    Never again.

MariaPapov Aug 20, 2018

My 3 pieces of baggage were lost in the layover at Instanbul to LA. For 3 days, nobody could tell me anything about the status or whether they were. Customer service had not created a reference number so each time I called I had to say the same story to the new agent again. Eventually my bags arrived, I was offered no refund.

• Yu
    Yusuf Mohammes Aug 20, 2018

I was traveling to Nairobi from Toronto, and during my transit on March 27, my goods were damaged because Turkish airline failed to protect from the rain. I just want now to leave early because I don't have enough clothing and my laptop is damaged. Could you put me early flight.
    My email address is: [email protected]

• Re
    Reggie In Cali Aug 20, 2018

Currently the passengers on flight 33 are sitting in Dallas, Texas and are not being allowed to depart. They have been on the plane just setting for over two hours. This is not acceptable and they need to depart the plane NOW!!!

• Ri
    rishimehta Aug 14, 2018

Turkish airlines has broken my bag wheel and its been 1 month now they are not ready to reimburse me as the wheel is not available with them.
    the most irresponsible staff and worst experience ever.
    till date i have not received the bag nor the reimbursement.