Complaints & Reviews

Truworths — unlawfully blocked my account

I’ve been a loyal Truworths account holder for more than 16 years. I’ve never been late with any...

Pretoria

Truworthsreturned goods

I am a very angry customer due to the service I have received from Truworths Sunnypark branch (from Lizzy and Mpendulo). I bought shoes to the value of R320 on the 22nd of January 2014, and one of the shoe have just cracked in the middle of the shoe, I need clarity on the process of returning damaged products (shoes) to the store, yesterday I returned the damaged pair of shoes that were bought 22/01/14 using a credit card, I was told to come back today as they were still gonna trace the copy of the receipt, then again today I was told to go to the bank and get a bank statement as the copy of the receipt was no longer available and they cant access them anymore, when I came back with the bank statement I was then again told to wait for 3 to 4 days for the approval from the head office and they will call me to come with the credit card before I can be refunded. Kindly attend to the above matter and revert to me. I hope you find the above in order. Thank you in anticipation!

Truworthspoor service

I applied for a card on october 2013 and up to today I still use my id for shopping and payment. I don't get my monthly statement. Last month they debited money and still said I owed them then investigated and found out that they are the ones mistaken but still didn't take back the arrears, so I paid r90 arrears for their wrong doings. I wanted to buy a skirt then found it to be faulty, I didn't mind and said i'd pay but then no1 paid attention to my matter and instead a "security guard" was trying to though he didn't know what to do. So I fibd this to be outrageous for a company like truworth

Truworths — bad service

Dear sir On the 16 february 2014 I purchased the blush lace dress with (Embroidery) on the upper part cash...

Truworths Secundamoney back

Service at truworths secunda is so poor! I do not have an account at truworths and I buy all my clothes cash.
      I boght pants for r360 at truworhts on friday th 20th of december 2013. I took it back on sunday the 22nd of december as it did not fit me right and I didnt want it any more. I went to the store at 10 o'clock the morning to take it back and get my money back. When I got there I went to the lady at the tills. As I got there she told me with a very rude attitude that she is taking her lunch now (at 10 in the morning!!) so I had to go to the next lady and was told they do not have cash!!! No cash in their tills! This was not the first time I was told this! The previous time I had to go back 3 times to get back my money! What kind of a store does not have money in their tills! When I went back later that afternoon I was finally helped but they were very unfriendly!!! Truworths secunda's has very poor customer care and very unhelpfull!!! They only cater for the cusotmers who have accounts! It is even a problem if you want to pay your account and they have to give you change but they cant because they do not have any cash!!!

Truworthspoor inefficient service and poor systems

I purchased a gift for my wife, military jacket on 6 july at truworths liberty mall cash for r650.00 advising them I may need to exchange or change size and was pleased as they had gift invoice. As it was a litlle tight my wife wanted a larger size. She went to the store on [protected] and after 1 hour and being forced to open an account in order to get larger size from another store she rec sms today to say no more jackets available. Furthermore when she went in today first they said jacket was sold and then today again 1 hour was spent trying to get the jacket back.
        People in todays day n age can 1 be so inefficient n not provide good service to a client spending so much in your store
        This is the last time I will buy from them

Truworthsdisgusting attitude

I always buy from truworths church street pretoria, but in more than one occasions I have received no assitance whatsover from
          the lady who works at the makeup section called Tumi/boitumelo. she is tall and light in complection and she is thin, slender. about two meters high if not less. the day I went there she was busy intertaining her collegue instead of helping the customer and the where testing lip glosses, this lady has no customer service and she is very rude. I find it very dissappointing because this is the second time I have encounted this with the same person. I do menlyn store and I have never experienced anything like this.. please find someone who is rather professional and friendy in doing the job. I was never assistance, I dont know how truworths select that kind of people who have no customer servise at all.

Truworthsfalse advertising

"your fashion gift card can be used at any one of our truworths, truworths man, daniel hechter, inwear ltd, and uzzi stores in south africa, namibia and swaziland. "

This is quoted directly and is clearly marked at the back of the identity gift card I was given. But alas, when I went to truworths to make a purchase on the card, I was told that I could not make a purchase at truworths as it was an identity gift card and could only be used at an identity store. Now unless I cannot read or have been transported out of south africa without my knowledge, I was within my rights to be able to make my purchase. I believe that this is a breach of contract and false advertising. I also wonder at the expiry date of 1 year from date of purchase? Is this still allowed? Should I rather keep it in the fridge in case it goes off? I am very offended and truly upset by this issue. I would like to have a response from truworths please.

Truworths Canal Walk Cape Townexchange of goods

This is a mail that I have addressed to truworths which is self explanatory, followed by their reply.
              I am contacting you to complain about your exchange policy.
              A family member from overseas stayed with me in cape town over the festive season. On he departure (11th january) she offered me a top that she had bought at your canal walk store. The next day I tried the top on and it was too small. I went to the store and found the appropriate size. So, this would be a straight exchange.
              I was told I needed the receipt in order to exchange the top for a bigger size.
              Since when you receive a gift with the receipt attached??? Obviously I do not have the receipt. My niece has left the country and I am quite sure she would not keep the receipt. Why should she?? And even if she had kept it it not correct l for me to ask her for the receipt. The top has your own name label so you can see that it is not from another shop and the bar code is still attached. Please explain and advise how I can exchange this top. Otherwise I will insist that you check on your records and have a copy of the receipt issued to me.
              Waiting for your prompt reply,
              Perola oliveira unquote
              This was their reply
              Good morning mrs oliveira,

Thank you for your email and please accept my apology for the late response.

Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange the item as you do not have the proof of purchase.
              Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our call centre on [protected] or via email.
              Wasela jamodien unquote

Can you please advise and guide me how to solve the exchange issue. I am not asking for a refund just a straight exchange for a bigger size.

Best regards
              Perola oliveiraq

• Tr
                  truworths exchange policy Jan 14, 2013

This is a mail I sent to Truworths with the full story of my complaint:
                  I am contacting you to complain about your exchange policy.
                  A family member from overseas stayed with me in Cape Town over the Festive season. On he departure (11th January ) she offered me a top that she had bought at your Canal Walk store. The next day I tried the top on and it was too small. I went to the store and found the appropriate size. So, this would be a straight exchange.
                  I was told I needed the receipt in order to exchange the top for a bigger size.
                  Since when you receive a gift with the receipt attached??? Obviously I do not have the receipt. My niece has left the country and I am quite sure she would not keep the receipt. Why should she?? and even if she had kept it it not correct l for me to ask her for the receipt. The top has your own name label so you can see that it is not from another shop and the bar code is still attached. Please explain and advise how I can exchange this top. Otherwise I will insist that you check on your records and have a copy of the receipt issued to me.
                  Waiting for your prompt reply, Unquote.

This was the reply received from Truworths
                  Good morning Mrs Oliveira,
                  Thank you for your email and please accept my apology for the late response.

Wasela Jamodien
                  ______________________________
                  I don't think is fair for truworths forcing a person to keep a piece of clothing that cannot be used . I know when and where the item was bought and surely they have the record of the transaction by reading the bar code (still attached to the item) and issue a copy of the receipt as proof of the purchase.
                  Please advise and guide me accordingly.
                  Best regards
                  Perola Oliveira

Truworthsreturned item not accepted

I purchased a linen jacket for r599.00 together with a dress for r499.00 on and paid cash sunday the 17th june 2012 at the musgrave branch and when I got home and discussed it with my family I decided to swop the jacket for a leather one so I took it back the next day to be told that they would not do it as the tag was taken off. My opinion is that this policy sucks! I had my slip and my tag and this was the next day for goodness sake not the next week or month. I have account with miladys and with edgars for +-20 years and have never been treated this way! I phoned your customer service on monday and given a ref 4323 for my call and no one has had the decency to call back! I bought a dress at miladys on the 25th may and when I got home I just never liked the dress so I left this. I really left it and thought I would give it to someoneas I just never liked it. I went to miladys on tuesday this week and told the manager who said please just bring it back I was so chuffed and when I returned it with the tag off and the slip I then purchased 2 more items that I liked. Almost a month later!! Truworths will never see me again this was disgusting treatment and the manageress acted like I had worn the jacket! I am going to tell everyone about this treatment you can be sure! Estelle fenech [protected]

Truworths In Piet Retiefbad market analizing

The truworths shop in piet retief - please do something about the store. The shop office wear - their is no office suits to buy. (Jackets and trousers) ; only jackets and skirts. Many of the ladies use clinique skin care and cosmetics and wemust go to witbank (3hours from piet retief) or johannesburg to buy our products. Most of the working people in town works till 17:00 and saterdays. So we have a urgent request. Thanks
                  Please do something

Truworths Stores / Clothinglisting while under debt review

I am very upset about the manner my account has been handled by truworths. I was listed with a default at the credit bureaus while I was under debt review from july 2009 to july 2011. I have challenged my credit profile @ numerous occasions because I was only listed in july 2010, with little success. I have in the meantime made all my accounts paid up in july 2011. The result is that I am now marked as a bad/slow payer, but according to my debt counsellers my name should have been cleared after my accounts are made paid up. The whole thing now has a negative effect to my name and I am battling to get credit elsewhere. I was forced to take up bad debt micro loans to pay for my children`s tertiary studies in november2011 and earlier this year. I should`nt do it if I had a clear credit record, because the chances for me was good to get a bond on my property. But my applications were declined by all major financial institutions/banks because of my credit record. I have a good job now and can afford to pay back loan installments but now I have to pay back installments @ a much higher interest rate because I am rated as a high risk borrower. My profile is swarming of inquiries, as I tried to get loans/bonds from institutions which also have a negative effect on my credit profile. Although I am in a better position now, my problems have not yet been solved. Would you please intervene and try to solve this matter as soon as possible. Kind regards. Solomon a kearns. Id [protected] 3. Tel [protected], fax [protected]. Mobile [protected]. Email kearns. [protected]@gmail.com.

• Truworths Apr 04, 2012

Dear Mr. Kearns,
                        Truworths (as with any credit granting company), by law submits information regarding payment profiles of our customers to all credit bureaux on a monthly basis. This information is held for a period of 2 years and since this information is factual, we are unable to remove or alter the information as mandated by the National Credit Act. Furthermore, the regulations of the Act stipulates the retention periods for the information held at the credit bureaux and according to the Act, there is no exclusion regarding the monthly submission of payment profile data whilst a customer is under debt review.

Customers under debt review may apply for a clearance certificate from the debt counselor once all the debts under review have been settled and should you be in possession of a clearance certificate, kindly forward it to us without further delay to enable us to have the credit bureaux expunge from their records the default information and the fact that you were under debt review.

Tel: [protected]
                        Fax: [protected]
                        Email: [protected]@truworths.co.za
                        Web: www.truworths.co.za

SA KEARNS Apr 05, 2012

Truworths is now the only business which has listed me. All the other creditors had freed me on t he documents I have forwarded to them as proof. Why should I now be harmed because of one creditor. I don`t think that Truworths had approached the situation in the same manner as the other creditors. At least I made paid up all my accounts as soon as I could afford it with the exception of my bond account with ABSA because of the long term contract with ABSA. I have because of the term taken the bond separately after debt review and now pay back the normal payment or more as my financial situation allows me or if I can afford to pay more. My bond account is currently in advance. I urge to you to please approach this matter the other way around and rectify the problem for me because I am currently harmed in a huge manner because of the whole situation. Regards. SA Kearns (ID6104245113083)

• Truworths Apr 05, 2012

Dear Mr. Kearns,

All credit providers are required by law, to adhere to the regulations of the NCA and we regret that we are not allowed to alter or remove information held at the credit bureaux.

Kindly send your credit bureau report directly to me so that we can establish your current payment profile status.

Comments Sort by: Date | Rating

23 hrs 46 mins ago by Truworths 0 Votes

Tel: [protected]
                        Fax: [protected]
                        Email: [protected]@truworths.co.za
                        Web: www.truworths.co.za

Truworths, Kerk Street, Johannesburgreturning of ill fitting shoes

On the 9th february I bought shoues for my sister at truworth kerk street in johannesburg. After my sister fitted the shoes, they were small and took them back to the store for a fitting size or failing wish take the alternative. However, I was welcomed with a nasty store manager, who came out from her office and said the shoes were worn and cant accept them. I explained to her that I bought the shoes not long ago as the till slip showed and kept the shoes in my office for the right time to take them back, but she refused and totally adamant that there is nothing she could do. Paid my whole account and left the shoes with them. I feel I was totally mistreated and the manager came out of her office with a totally negative attitude, and this is the first time I return goods to truworths after being a customer for more than 25 years.

• Truworths Mar 13, 2012

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for affording us with the opportunity to respond.

Truworths will gladly credit/ exchange merchandise returned within 30 days from the date of purchase provided that; the original invoice is presented on return as proof of purchase; the item has not been worn or used and the garment is in its original condition. According to the Store Manager who assessed the pair of shoes that you presented for return, her decision to decline your return was based on the fact the shoes was no longer in its original condition as it had definite signs of being worn.

As mentioned in your post, you left the shoes in store when the Store Manager declined the credit. The matter was escalated to the Area Manager and based on her assessment, we confirm that the shoes do not have a manufacturing fault and as they were not returned in the same condition as it was purchased in, our decision remains unchanged. The shoes will be posted to your postal address as recorded on your Truworths account.

We regret that you are unhappy with the decision taken and we apologise for any upset that this matter has caused you.

Should you wish to discuss this matter directly with us, you are welcome to contact our Customer Services department on [protected] or send your email to [protected]@truworths.co.za.

Clinque - Truworths Richards Baywrong foundation

I have purchased Clinique foundation from Truworhts in Richards Bay during December 2011. It was the wrong skintone, I use a no. 4 and when I got home and already took it out of the box only realised that it was a no. 2 skintone. (which is way to light for my skin) When I wanted to return it for a no.4 skintone, I could not find the box. I went to Truworths to kindly ask if they will please change it for me, I was told that they can not help me because I do not have the box. The lady in the Clinique department's name is Pretty, I've asked her for the number of clinque's head office or rep that I can phone to assist me, I was told that she has to phone them and then she will phone me the same day of the outcome, but it is already a month ago and she has still not come back to me? Can someone from Clinique please take this matter up with Pretty from Truworhts in Richards Bay, foundation is expensive and I am sitting with foundation that I can not use! Thank you. Beulha [protected]

Truworths And Identity — accounts opened fraudulently

I received a call from identity store on the 26the january 2012 at 10:30am from their collections department...

Truworths Ginger Marygoods sold on fleamarket

I was shocked to find that ginger mary merchandise are being sold this past weekend at muizenberg fleamarket. A dress and top that I paid r880 for in total was sold for r100 each. I made enquiries with the lady that helped me and she said that they have a wider range at their shop. My sister and I popped in at the shop at c/o voortrekker and bedford strreet street in parow and to my disgust they had about 15 different ginger mary items all at less than r100. I am very dissapointed to find that normal shops and fleamarkets sell this clothing for that prices, but me as a loyal truworths customer have to fork out 5 times more to buy it at canal walk. I send an e-mail to truworths using their online contact form, but received no response up to date.
                          Am I entitled to claim a full refund or is that shop authorised to sell it at that price.

Regards
                          Mrs botha

Truworths — exchange policy

I wish to voice my opinion and digust at the exchange policy at truworths cresta. My sister has an account in...

Truworthsupdate my profile

Why is that you are able to call every towards month end to remind me to pay my account (Debt) but now that am done you no longer intrested on following up so that my name could be cleared from your itc records, you have asked me to pay r100.00 for admin so that you can send me a confirmation letter that proofs that m cleared I did that and I have faxed it throu to admin department proof of payment but still nothing is been three weeks now or do you need me to come throu with cameras from speak out that is when you will take action. You keep on asking me to resent the fax, well I use money to phone and fax keep that in mind. I will never advise no one to open an account with you guys.
                            Regards ref n. O:2576991

• Mi
                                MISSISSY Oct 19, 2010

TRUWORTHS ACCOUNTS SERVICE IS DISGUSTING.

I HAVE PAID MY ACCOUNT UP TO DATE BUT TRUWORTHS STILL REFUSE TO UPDATE MY PROFILE WITH ITC, CREDIT BUREAU.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!! I CANNOT GET FINANCE OR CREDIT THANKS TO TRUWORTHS AND THEIR LACK OF ABILITY TO DO WHAT IS NEEDED TO KEEP CUSTOMERS HAPPY.

I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN!!!

USELESS AND NOT INTERESTED.

• Sm
                                smallzn Jan 09, 2013

Hi m thuli, I'd number [protected], truworths listed me on itc without telling nor warning me that they are listing me which is very unfair. My account is paid in full and can you please get my name removed from itc as soon as possible. Thank you

Truworthsmanager unprofessional and rude

The store manager in kimberly south africa was the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. He refused to allow release of my pants that was to be charged to my own store card. There was an error in the documents previously sent to him for the release of my pants and when I asked him if I could rectify the simple error he refused arrogantly. I explained, as the card owner, that I needed the pants for eid which is my christmas after fasting all month I wanted to wear something special and kimberly was the only store that has my size. Therefore I had to arrange for someone to collect the pants on my behalf in kimberly from a business associate who had to do me huge favour to have it collected. I had to prepay postnet for an overnight delivery. And after all the preparation and days of waiting for it the immature, illiterate unprofessional so called manager arrogantly refused to allow collection of the pants. I had faxed him all the necessary documents and he still refused. I had to endure 7hours of calls to customer services etc to finally talk to the area manager of kimberly who sorted me out within 5 min. I am submitting a formal complaint against the store manager mr melvin deck. If I do not recieve an apology from mr deck I will be closing my accounts and that of my family members and will not suport truworths as they then will have no respect for customers and their needs. Especially after causing me such stress and anxiety as well as much incurred costs to get the pants to me in cape town.

Truworthscant

I bought a pair of pants for my Son on thursday and when he was fitting them on his 4year old little brother pulled the tag off the pants. I tried to exchange the pants as they were too small, When I got to the shop in pretoria city center I was shown on the slip that they do not accept clothes without tags and I tried to explained what happened. [protected]