TruGreenlack of professionalism/customer service

P

A bit of background information: I have been a TruGreen client since the summer of 2008; I live in rural Champaign County and have a little over one acre of property that needs to be maintained. The services that I've contracted for in the past are for weed control and fertilization with anywhere from 4-6 applications per season. Each application runs $120.00.
I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the past two months to obtain a pre-note card to get some idea when my 2011 applications will take place. This is a post card that has the number of applications and the approximate dates that the lawn will be serviced. I have received them in the past. On April 11th, I spoke with Courtney who confirmed that I have 4 applications this year and would mail me a pre-note card. On May 9th, will still no pre-note card nor lawn care application received, I called and spoke with Leslie who told me that she would put me back on the pre-note system and schedule an application ASAP with Chris (the man who does the scheduling). On May 13th, speaking with customer service representative Kathy, I inquired as to why my neighbor received an application that day and I didn't. I live out in the country and couldn't fathom why a service truck would travel all the way out for only one application. Kathy assured me that she would schedule an application for me ASAP (yes, again with Chris). On June 6th at 9am I called and spoke with Courtney again who told me that the pre-note system was discontinued 3-weeks ago and pre-calls to customers were taking their place. She agreed that 'yes, I should have had at least one application by now' and would hand deliver to Chris (yes, again with Chris) my information and request for an application. I also requested that Chris call me so I could speak with him about this issue. Needless to say it's been 31 hours, give or take, and I still haven't heard from Chris (the supposed scheduler). Nor have I receieved a response to my e-mail to TruGreen corporate.

Jon Gates, LLC Jan 13, 2012

I am a Landscape Architect and Tru Green was on a customers premises performing aeration which I specified in Illinois.
    Their machine damaged the deck stairway when the operator lost control on an incline. This is a million dollar property
    where I manage the exterior. I had to coordinate the repair of the handrail and replace the stair treads and subframing structure at my expense and coordinate the contractors, source the wood, paintwork and hardware. Tru Green refused to reimburse me for my time
    and only paid for the materials and the contractor. They witheld payment until I adjusted my invoice for the two hours of
    billable time I incurred. The local Champaign office would not respond to my requests or follow up on the reimbursement. Upon further inspection there were large areas of my customers lawn that was missed during aeration. I refuse to work with them again. This is a very unprofessional operation and their parent company Servicemaster bought into a real loser. Buyer beware.