Having problems with TruGreen?

TruGreen reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 11, 2007. The latest review aeration and re-seeding was posted on Oct 16, 2021. The latest complaint Yard care was resolved on Mar 05, 2020. TruGreen has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 197 reviews. TruGreen has resolved 52 complaints.

TruGreen Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 464 0171 (New Service)
+1 800 458 4186 (Customer Service)
+1 401 732 6883 (Head Office)
860 Ridge Lake Boulevard
Memphis, Tennessee

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TruGreen Customer Service. Initial TruGreen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TruGreen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TruGreen. Discuss the issues you have had with TruGreen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TruGreen Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

TruGreen — cancel service and billed

We used TruGreen lawn service and cancelled by telephone due to total dissatisfaction and the outrageou...

TruGreen — misinformation & unfair refund policy

On 7/12/12 I requested a refund for the unused portion of my prepaid lawn care and tree & shrub care that wa...

TruGreenlying about service

I have used them for the past few years and my lawn has a lot of weeds. I see them come up and put their yellow signs up, but the following week I still have weeds. I call them and I am told they will send someone out to look at it. When you call them back nobody knows who came out. They straight out lie. After more phone calls they promise to send someone out and you never get to see anybody. They come out and service you again and my lawns has 30% more weeds. They do not care about making you happy. They just want their money and they do not give you service.

TruGreenwill not return overpayment

I paid them twice in May due to their online payment system. Unable to reach them by phone for days. They put you on hold for 15 or 20 minutes then disconnect. They have two 800 numbers on website, one for.customers, the other for new service, which they answer immediately but cannot transfer you to customer service or to a local office. No email contact is given on website! I finally found a local phone number, cancelled my service and requested refund for overpayment. They said I would receive a check in about 7 days. Have never received. I called them back every week and was.told check was in the mail. Today, July 5th they tell me accounting hasn't issued check yet but promised to mail it THIS week. Nothing but a company of liars. Would not recommend to anyone!

TruGreen — fraud

Scam. I paid up front for 6 months of lawn service with a free shrub service included if I paid in full. My...

TruGreenfor the money I spent I feel pretty ripped off

The primary reason I started with Trugreen was to rid my lawn of weeds and have thick healthy grass. The specialist left notes in my door saying he sprayed weeds one time and that the crab grass would shortly die out...the rest of the applications he fertilized. I steadily watched my weeds grow larger throughout the year and crab grass never die.

THEN...I had some "spreader" type weed start in the front of my house in the grass...TruGreen people never took care of it so it spread onto some of my landscaping, at which time they called me and said that they could kill what was on my landscaping for an additional 65$ for landscaping treatment...even though it started in the grass that you were supposed to be treating for weeds in the first place!

So I call to complain again, and explain about all the weeds. The TruGreen employee says he wants to come get a better look so that he can understand what I am talking about. I told him to come buy sometime during the week after 4 p.m. and he says OK he will be there...Three days later I get a message on my phone saying that he doesn't think he can help me with my weed issue and he won't be stopping out...? Gee, thanks for not telling me that TruGreen cannot in fact, do lawn care. So I called back and cancelled all service with TruGreen.

For the money I spent I feel pretty ripped off. I will not recommend TruGreen to anyone in fact I would advise against it. If you search TruGreen in any search engine you will find out that there are tons of customers that are extremely unhappy with their service. To make things worse there sales people still call me regularly to try and sell me service. It drives me crazy, why wouldn't a manager stop by...see why I am so unhappy...fix it? Instead of letting me remain pissed off and telling the whole world (potential customers) that there company really, really, sucks.

It's too bad they just don't get it. Buyer beware.

Respond

TruGreen — if you're thinking about working here or working here read!!!

This company NOT only lies to the customers, but they also lie TO and ABOUT their employees to cover their...

TruGreen — illegal business practices

April 5 2012 In March 2012 I called TruGreen Chemlawn and spoke to a customer service representative...

TruGreenclueless salesman

I can say that TruGreen did help my lawn at one point but within 3-4 months of treatment the grass eventually looked like a patches of light and dark green grass. Unfortunately I allowed the salesman to convince me to use a grass blend. (wrong decision) When I complained about the way the grass looked I was told that they no longer used grass blend and that the only way to possibly fix the problem would be to aerate and seed for the next 2 years.I eventually cancelled their service but was offered a percentage off to fix the problem that I think occurred after the seeding.I must say that the workers were helpful in explaining what they were doing when applying any lawn application. Eventually I cancelled the service because the grass did not seem to improve after further treatment. Please do your research.

1 Response
          • Da
            dave vogel Jul 22, 2013

before trugreen showed up, the lawn was fine... now i have patches of dead and what looks like eel grass... i swear they are purposely mixing bad things in they're applications in effort to coax you to keep them on your payroll...

TruGreen — employee

I have worked for TruGreen off and on for roughly 2 years. I want to apologize to everyone who have had a bad...

TruGreenthey will cheat you

I had originally signed up for TrueGreen service because I honestly do not have time to cut my lawn during the summer. It is the busy season for my line of work. After a few months of service I decide that I will not sign up for next year but would finish this year out.

The prices were too high and the results were less than expected. I get better service from my neighbor who for a small price will trim my lawn. Everything was fine until I received a bill the following summer!

I never signed up for the next year! I never even noticed the trim! Why would I pay for a service I never requested? I called to figure out this unwanted charge. Customer Service told me that the service continues every year until cancelled by customer! They are allowed to charge you even though you never asked them to trim your lawn!

What a complete rip off! This should be an illegal practice! I have not paid the bill because I did not ask them to perform it! They are now threatening me until I pay. Is there anyway I can fight this??? TrueGreen is only there for your green wallet!

TruGreenscam

I recieved a letter from this company inquiring as to why I canceled my lawn service. I responded with a very detailed letter and was not even given the courtesy of a response. I am hoping that if I put forth the effort to put this on the internet for others to see that maybe someone will decide it is worth their time and effort to respond. One day a salesman John Hutton came to my door from your company asking to treat my trees and shrubs.I have a lot of htem, so we walked out into hte yard and looked at all of htem, and he said he could treat them for $39. That was a great price so I signed up for it and he said he would send someone out hte next week to do the job. All went accordingly and a guy shows up at my door and says he is there to do the job, but that he would not do all the trees for that 39 dollars. I said that was the salesman's price not mine. So i called the salesman who had assured me that he would always be there to help me and I could have his cell number to call anytime. I told john what was going on and he siad he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me. In the mean time I asked hte service tech if he could at least treat my two big trees that were not looking too healthy. He did and left a bill for the 39 dollars. I never heard from John again and called the local office to inquire as to the status a couple of weeks later. The lady said she would look into it and give me a call. She never did as well so some time later I called again and hte lady said she woudl send someone out on Monday to finish the job. No one ever came. I called the national number in TN and the lady was very sympathetic and said she would contact hte local office again sometime later, because now it is about the principle of the thing and happened to get a guy named Jesse, who listened to my story and said he did not work in that office but that he would, as he was filling in for someone else, come adn take a look. Surprise surprise, he shows up an hour later adn I tell him teh story again and he says that the tech should have never refused to treat all hte trees as that was not his call and that he would personally see that the guy came out and finished the job on Monday. Low and behold hte guy comes and does the rest of the treatment, but later I find that he has left me another bill. I had already paid hte first one, which I see was a big mistake on my part. So I call and get the TN office and she agrees that is is an error and says she will fix it. Then I get anohter bill and it is not fixed, so i call and want to speak to the local office and they tell me that I cannot talk to them, everything must come through them. After more attempts, I do get to the local office and the lady says she will issue the credit and do I want to cancel teh service. I am pretty hot by now so I said yes and she says she will send me a check, since I had prepaid the entire year service for the lawn. I asked her when I could expect it and she said 5 to 7 days. Two weeks go by and no check so I call again and she again says she will process it and it will be 5-7 more days. So i ask for her sueprvisor and she says there is no one in at this time and it will be after 5 before one arrives. I said fine, have her call me. She never calls. I call back hte next day and ask to talk to the sup that was supposed to call me back. I do not remember her name and she was there and I asked why she did not call me back and she said she was supposed to issue a refund and since it was taken care of she did not feel a call was warrented. I asked her since the check was supposed to take 5-7 days to process does that mean the original one was never processed and I was lied to about it the first time and she says yes. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent on the phone with so many people, telling and retelling the story to that point, which got longer and longer, and alonger. I was frustrated to tears, never finding anyone who seemed competent to do their job, from service to billing and customer service. I am amazed that you are in business. Which is a shame because my lawn was looking good. If i do not hear from you I will then know that this goes all the way to the top. I would not have written this letter as I was resigned to let it go after getting my check until I got my letter from you asking why I wanted to cancel my service and how to get me back as a customer. That would take a lot of nerve if it was not just a mass mailing form letter. It did give me your name and position to vent the reason too. So here you are it is all in your hands from here. In all the businesses I have worked at there are problems, and you cannot fix problems you do not know about. Now you know, ball is in your court. This is the worst customer experience of my life. There was no place where the buck stopped.

2 Responses
              • To
                ToyToy Sep 04, 2015

Sales person came by and said he can improve my lawn. My lawn was pretty nice but I have been slacking on the last couple of seasons and put my weed and feed on a little late. So, I said yes to 4 treatments for 100.00 dollars. I should have known something was wrong when he said he could only take cash. My lawn is half dead and weeds are still present. My sod is three years new. so this stinks. I've called Aug 5, 17, 21, 28 and Sept 5, 2015 and I was told today that my call to the rep was escalated to a manager two times and today will be escataled to a general manager and that no one has attempted to call and the note has never been updated and she does not know why.

They are giving me the run around and my grass is still dead.

• Ya
                yam802 May 10, 2011

I am a former employee of TRUGREEN so please read about my personal experience on how they work. Trugreen is ran by a company named service master. With service master its all about sales and not customer satisfaction . They send the techs out with a high number they have to hit leaving them to do a poor quality treatment just to hit their goal. Some techs do what they call " GHOST TREATMENT " . Thats where they claim to treat the yard leaving the customer a bill and no service. Thats easy for them to do since most people aren't home when they claimed to do the work. I was even instructed to treat a yard where the house had been foreclosed on just to have some revenue for the day. What they would do is bill the previous home owner and turn them into collections if they didn't pay.! Many people cancel the service and when speaking to the sales team are assured no more treatments will be done. Now trugreen will send a tech out the next month and spray again, leaving a bill and turning you into collections if you don't pay reguardless of the cancellation . We also were told to spray in heavy rain and windy days. That is B.S. cause the treatment wont work !!! Its all about them being able to bill someone and thats it ! If you want lawn service thats great but just be careful on who you choose and make sure to be home so you can make sure the treatment was actually applied !

TruGreen — harassing phone calls

This company has been calling my home for about 2 weeks or more now and last night they called at 9:00pm to...

TruGreenweeds

I've been with Trugreen for almost a year, i was just trying to get rid of the weeds, but they didn't do it right when they promised me last year and still want to collect money $55 for every 6 weeks. Thumbs down for Trugreen.

1 Response
                • Ge
                  Gerald E .Lee ( deceased) Jul 01, 2011

I called April 27 for My first call on weeds. I have called 4 times since. 2 weeks ago a tech. came out and said my weeds would all be gone in 2 weeks. Today I have cute yellow dandelions standing up in my yard. From my kitchen window I can see
                  50 light green weeds. I am a good customer for several years, Ipay my bill on time. and ahead of time. I will not put up with this. If you don't get rid of these weeds I will be forced to find someone who can next year.
                  I used to have the best yard in the neighborhood.
                  Jean Lee
                  8135 Bishops lane
                  Indianapolis, In
                  [email protected]

TruGreen — horrible company

Trugreen is a horrible thieving company with dishonest workers. If you value your sanity and your hard earned...

TruGreen — stop to send me a collection letter

Truegreen sent me a letter by a collection agency. I am disputing this debt. How can I owe something for them...

TruGreenpoor service

I had TruGreen come to my home after I planted new grass seed I informed them that it was new grass just recently planted they sprayed and killed the new grass then after promising to send someone to look at this person sprayed again I called office and someone else was to come and look at it the person never showed, I would never recommend TruGeen to my neighbors or friends

TruGreenunfair treatment

My supervisor is a money hungry * who professess to be a christian! All he cares about is money to pay for his fishing trip in florida! He"s an egotistical *! This company is a ripoff! Do not spend your money on tree feeds. Big mistake! Do not listen too # giving over the phone about * control when it rains, read your broucher-who"s lying? Smart customers know the difference... I hate working a lie. If you have a conscience like I do, you would not be running a businesses like this to better yourself at the cost of others...

TruGreen — unsatisfactory service

I called TruGreen in March 2011 (Hagerstown MD office) to request an organic treatment plan. I am in the...

TruGreen — lack of professionalism/customer service

A bit of background information: I have been a TruGreen client since the summer of 2008; I live in rural...