Having problems with Troy-Bilt?

Troy-Bilt Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 828 5500 (Customer Service)
+1 888 611 6708 (Pressure Washer & Generator Inquiries)
+1 800 265 2256 (Canada, Dealer Support, Service & Parts)
+1 800 668 1238 (Canada, Customer Service)
P.O. Box 368022
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Troy-Bilt Customer Service. Initial Troy-Bilt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Troy-Bilt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Troy-Bilt. Discuss the issues you have had with Troy-Bilt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Troy-Bilt Complaints & Reviews

Troy-BiltModel 2410 snowblower

Bought a new model 2410 2-stag snowblower 11/15/2019. Did not use until this winter. Upon purchase I followed startup instructions, which included filling with the prescribed oil which was supplied. The snowblower initially started but it was spewing heavy white smoke and oil through exhaust. After many attempts to resolve, including new spark plug, I finally had to take to have serviced. Bottom line, the oil was overfilled causing it to clog the carb. They had to remove and clean the carb, remove oil and replace with new oil. Nothing major, but nonetheless $100. After investigating the internet, I found several similar cases. I think their start up should be modified to let customers know that the oil level must be checked before any added.

Troy-BiltBad product was sold

I brought a Troy-Bilt Sorm 2660 snow blower in 02/08/2018 when I open the box for the first time and put it together it wouldn't start so when I call customer service they gave me a number to contact a service center which was under the warranty. When the service Tech looked at it he sid this neww snow blower has a bad carburetor I said how could a new snow blower have a bad carburetor he said good question. I was lucky it was under the warranty. The snow blower was only used twice so the next time I set to use it, I was faced with the same issue it wouldn't start, when I call the warranty department they told me when I bought the snowblower on 02/08/2018 it was all ready 2- years old it was manufactured in 2016 are you kidding me. Now they tell me this is out of warranty so I'm stuck with a snowblower that's no good. This was a bad deal for me I paid over $600.00 for this I will never buy another Troy - Bilt machine because they didn't even try to work anything out with me now that they have my money.

Troy-Bilt3-Stage snow blower

I purchased a brand new 31AH5DQ8766 Vortex 2890 Three Stage Snow blower in January of 2019 directly online from the Troy-Bilt company along with a Deluxe Snow Thrower Cab for $1572.94. Starting from day one it has never worked properly. I have had it into the local authorized Troy-Bilt repair shop three times since January 2019. Each time because it won't start. The last time it went into the shop the repair folks told me there was a known problem with the gas tank where by small particles were coming loose from inside the gas tank and clogging the fuel line and Troy Bilt was aware of this problem and the gas tank needs to be replaced. Ok. Fine. Then replace it. We can't do that because Troy-Bilt has the tank on back-order. Okay. It should be in soon. This all happened in the first week of December 2020. When I checked back with the repair shop I was told it was now back-ordered till the end of December. I called Troy Bilt customer service and yes that was true and there was a problem with the gas tanks on that model and yes it was back-ordered till the end of the month and there was nothing they could do. Moving forward to the first week of January 2021, I went to the repair shop and guess what? The tank was now back ordered till the end of January 2021. I was so mad I was seeing colors. I waited a while till I cooled down and gave Troy-Bilt customer service another call. Yep it has been back-ordered till the end of January 2021 and there is nothing we can do about it. I need help. I live in Ohio and I need the snow blower that I bought to work. And Troy-Bilt could care less. I know when the end of January gets here the gas tank won't be here and it will be back-ordered till the end of February 2021. Can any body help me get a gas tank for my damn snow blower????

Troy-BiltNever received my parts I ordered and paid for

on april 30th 2020 I ordered parts from troy built it said I would recieve them on 05/08/2020 my order number is L0029360P1 a payment of $92.60 was made I never recieved my order and cant get through on the phone or the online live chat I have spent hour trying .
        Next step is to take this to small claims court
        Eric Porter
        50 concord hill road
        Pittsfield N.H
        cell # [protected]

Troy-BiltMower / warranty / customer service

2 brand new troy built products (push mower & trimmer) both failed within 2 uses and only 1 tank of gas. Spent hours on the phone trying to get help only to end up discovering I had to take it to a service center that was 42 miles from my home. Ended up paying for the repairs myself. I was told it would happen again and again with these products. Worst customer service, warranty and products ever!!! Will never recommend or purchase another troy built ever again. Both purchased at lowe's and they refused help as well. They couldn't/wouldn't even send them in for repair. Warranty on these products are useless. Don't purchase if you have an alternative.

• Mr
              Mr. Helpful Apr 15, 2020

I can't say I'm a Troy Built fan -- I am not. But I'm fairly good with my power yard equipment and can tell you that Troy Built products will operate fine, generally, if they are properly used and maintained.

Unfortunately, the manufacture doesn't necessarily have control as to where they place their authorized service centers. It's very possible, if not likely, that you would have gotten an entire different explanation if you had taken it to someone who was authorized to work on such machines.

You don't ever disclose what the problem was with either unit. I can speculate and suggest there may have been something wrong with the fuel you were using. For most home power equipment, I'd suggest finding a gas station which offers ethanol free fuel. You'll pay a little more for it, but it is a lot better on most engines.

Troy-BiltOnly robots work there.

I had a simple question about a new mower. No email support. The customer service number is answered by a robot that tells me my call is very important so let's listen to an endless piano music loop. Gave up and tried the technical support line. Press 1, , press 2, , press this and that. Menu has changed, Call this number for this call this number for that. After all that it hung up on me. Model number on the included paperwork listed Four different motor model numbers, none of which matched the numbers on the engine.
            I finally located a web page that wanted me to accept cookies and change my password. I gave up.

Troy-Biltcustomer support for troy-bilt products

I bought a Troy-Bilt Pressure washer last spring and now need to prepare it for storing over the winter. This requires running it until the gasoline is exhausted. I contacted their on line service to ask if I need to run water thru it while running the engine just to use up the gasoline.
              They will tell me only if I pay them.
              Pretty damn chinzy. Of course, I run it dry and was not supposed to, they will negate the five year warranty on it.
              So, I will drag out my hose and hook it up to water, JIC.
              So much for customer support - they don't do it.

• Yo
                  You Play Video Apr 14, 2020

Same issue and experience with their Lawn Equipment. 2 products bought at the same time still within warranty time and Troy Built told me the carb would fail if it collects a film after sitting. They said failure bc not running it out of fuel. I informed them I ran both out of fuel before storing them and then they said it would not get all the gas out of the carb. Apparently we are supposed to have them repaired each time they sit after seasonal storage since it's impossible to get all the gas out of the carb. Disposable garbage.

Troy-Bilttb685ec

I purchased a Troy-Built 4 cycle trimmer because I thought it would be a quality product that would give me many years of service. Last year the recoil mechanizm failed Case# [protected]. The machine was under warranty and a repair was made. I use the machine primarily in the summer about once a week to trim around my house. After about 5 starts the recoil again be gan to fail. The machine never starts on the first pull so numerous pulls are always required. I have a electric start tool but the machine never starts using it. Now my trimmer is completely useless as the recoil does not turn the machine over and the electric start option also does not turn the machine over. I am not sure what to do next as I feel the recoil system is flawed. Please help me with this dissapointing problem.

Sep 11, 2019

Troy-Bilt — troy-bilt 25cc ss trimmer

Purchased the trimmer on 7/2/2018. Husband used it less than 10 times and it stopped working. He cleaned it...

Troy-Biltzero turn mower

I purchased a new Troy Bilt zero turn mower in 2015, serial # 1A285H10062, Model #17ADCACT066. It was delivered through their outlet Lowes. Recently I had two flat tires on the front of the mower. I removed the two tires and took them to Americas Tire(A-T) for repair. The representative at A-T called the manufacturer of the tires, Carlisle Tire, and confirmed that the tires were actually manufactured in 2002. The A-T representative told me that the Dept. of Transportation(DOT) won't allow a repair on any tire over 10 years old, and they they could not patch the tire because they were over 10 years old. I would expect that maybe a 2014 tire would be on the mower when new, but these tires were already 15 years old when I bought the mower new in 2015. This would appear to be misrepresentation on the part of Troy Bilt/MTD. I am asking that I be supplied new tires that I can actually get repaired, even if they supply 2015 tires. The case number supplied to me by Troy Bilt is case# [protected]. None of these tire shops will repair a tire over 10 years old, and these tires were 13 years old when I purchased as represented as new.

Troy-Bilttroy bilt pressure washer

Im at my last straw, yesterday I has a job to complete and once again it would not start. I have taken it to be repair 5 times and everytime Im being told its the carbulator and a problem with Troy Bilt parts. This is less than a year old its truly unacceptable. I expect for Troy Bilt to provide the best customer service and make this complaint right. We buy things in good faith pay a decent amount of money and they do have something like this is just wrong.

Regards Ray Martinez

Troy-Bilt — tb635ec

Purchased trimmer 7 months ago pull cord stopped working internally took to Lowe's where purchased they...

Troy-Bilt — 22hp self propelled mower

Mower will not cut even three inch grass without bogging down. I finally spent an hour down on the ground...

Troy-Bilt — 11a-b2aq711

Hello, I am writing you in behalf of my push mower wont run. I purchased the TB130 and 4 year protection...

Haiku-pauwela

Troy-Biltstring trimmer

I purchased a troy build string trimmer from you guys about 2 to 3 years ago. I've used it all of about 20 to 30 times. Unfortunately I had problems with the pulley disengaging so I contacted you guys. The person I spoke with immediately knew what was wrong as this is a common problem among Troy built trimmers. He sent me a spring kit believing that the springs were broken. When I took it apart, the springs were not broken, but the tabs appeared to have simply slipped from how they are supposed to be. I got the device back together and it worked a few more times only to have it disengage again. It is becoming so frequent, I can't use the device. Sadly, it is a like new device but I cannot even use it. I'm very disappointed. Clearly this is a design quality issue. I won't purchase from this company again.

Troy-Bilt — lawn tractor

I bought a Bronco lawn tractor from Lowe's three years ago. A week ago the transmission went. Took it to...

Troy-Bilt — tb200 walk behind mower

I bought a TB200 walk behind mower in April 2018. I used about 6 times up until two weeks ago. As I started...

Troy-Biltzero turn mower

6 week old mower has squeak in front end. called customer service was told by representative that because Lowes had mower outside and it must have been rained on and they couldn't be responsible for it. I was told it should have been bought in a crate AT THE STORE. I was instructed to go fight with the Lowes manager as it was their fault. I was given no help after being on hold for almost an hour.

Troy-Bilt — pressure washer manifold

I have the 3100 XP series pressure washer with a Honda engine. I have attached pictures of the manifold that...

Troy-Bilttr30

First of all the machine is great! The problem is that the bottom of the steering wheel has very sharp edges on it and made several deep scratches on my knee. My solution was to take the wheel off and smooth it out and then place some tape on it so that it wont tear my knee up anymore. I bought it on Friday 08/03/18 and used it for he first time on Saturday. Just a buffing of the sharp edges might solve the problem for future buyers