Travelers Insuranceworst company I have had the &pleasure& to deal with

N

I have been with this company for four years and for the past two I have had nothing but problems. It started with a minor accident almost two years ago with the total amount paid out of $1800. I had already paid more then that just in premiums. They were extremely stingy with the rental car which is a benefit I pay for in my policy. Since that point I had nothing but 3 minor traffic tickets. One was 01/01/10 and the other two were very early in 2008. On Easter of 2010 I was rear-ended by another driver. I was the front car in a three car accident. None of the accident was my fault and my company did not have to pay out a dime. They did nothing but make that process a pain in the neck. The next round came when we bought our first house. It was supposed to be a hassle free process with everything taken care of and guess who stepped in to make it a mess. You guessed it, TRAVELERS. We closed on our house and had all the paperwork we needed including the insurance binder from Travelers with the account number our closing agent was supposed to send our first year of premiums for the homeowners insurance to. Well they sent the check but good ol' Travelers gave them the wrong account number. So our check was sent in and lost in the woods somewhere at the Travelers offices. I had to make more phone calls then I could count to get things straightened out. The check was mailed on 04/20/2010. To this day my accounts are still a mess. Because they couldn't find the check they posted my auto policy payments without telling me to the homeowners policy which you can imagine messed things all up. For months I had no idea my auto policy was not being paid in full because they were taking money from that and putting to the homeowners policy. Then when they finally found the check they split that and it didn't cover all the screw ups so again I came up short not knowing it. Then all of a sudden in December 2010 I get a $250.00 check in the mail from them which I found kind of odd. I called them asking why I would have received a random check from them and they said because they cancelled my policy. I was shocked. We had just paid them $300 for the previous months premiums. They lady said because we came up around $30 short for the auto and $10 short for the home because again they were shuffling around my money they cancelled the policy. They gave no notice what so ever. I asked her why we wouldn't have received a call or a letter seeing as they could send us $250 which meant all they needed was a few dollars to keep the policy going and she said she was not sure. At that moment I found out I technically did not have insurance for almost two months and they didn't feel it was important to let me know that. We paid our money and ripped up their check to make sure everything was ok. Now as a reminder we never missed a payment with these people. Then today I receive a letter stating that they are going to exclude me from my own policy or cancel the policy because of the activity I had over a year ago and almost two years ago. As I said I have had this policy for over four years. I informed they lady I would be cancelling my policy and reporting them to anyone humanly possible. I have never experienced this much disloyalty from any company I have ever worked with. I have two vehicles and a home insured with them I have been a loyal customer and never missed a payment by my own regards. I apologize that this is so wordy but I feel I must get the explanation out for why you should stay far away from TRAVELERS. I feel that since the date I signed up for the homeowners policy they have wanted me to drop the policies. DO NOT sign with Travelers. They will not be loyal to you and they do not care if they are at fault for anything they will figure out a way to make it your fault.

Comment Guidelines