Menu
U
Author of the complaint
6:50 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Their customer service has always been the WORST out there (right up there with DTV). We needed to upgrade our phone but of course, TracFone was out of the ones we could get for free and had no delivery date for us. So, we purchased one from Amazon. It came in yesterday and I called them to transfer the phone number and time and activate the phone yesterday evening. I called them at 8:00. The guy that I got recorded the serial number and sim number, checked the account/records for the phone and said it should be good. Except when I tried to make a call, I was told it wasn't connected and I didn't have a carrier. He then said he had to transfer it to another department to finish and he'd transfer me to them. Instead, their system hung up on me. This was at 9:00. I tried the phone again this morning at 6:00 and still nothing. I called them again at 9:00 this morning and had to lie to them about the phone number so their DA system wouldn't hang up on me again (did twice when I gave them the correct phone number). The woman looked it up, said there's a support ticket in for it and supposedly put an expedite alert on the ticket after I told her it had been in for 12 hours. She too said she'd transfer me to the department that should be handling the final steps. And guess what, their system hung up on me. Here it is almost 15 hours now and I'm on hold again and have been for 19 minutes. It's now 4:00, I've had 5 calls with them today, spent 10 hours on the phone with them only to have another CSR put me on hold and now they've hung up on me. DO NOT BUY A TRACFONE AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS! Their live chat isn't working and isn't even an option on their website. I've had problems before with their customer service not accepting gift cards that TracFone has sent me for a birthday or milestone and being really rude. I really need to look around at phone plans more.

More TracFone Wireless complaints & reviews

TracFone Wireless - unregistered sim problem fixed
TracFone Wireless - poor service!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase
TracFone Wireless - customer (chat) support
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - fraud alert
2 comments
T
Mar 04, 2022 10:17 am EST

Their website is worthless, customer service is actually customer dis-service. It's really bad. I wouldn't recommend Tracfone to anyone except my worst enemy! Now that Verizon owns them it should only get worse. Buy a Tracfone only if you love frustration and pain.

L
Feb 06, 2022 11:25 pm EST

I would have a better chance of winning the Power Ball Lottery, than being able to get a real live person on the phone to help with my nightmare of not being able to get my free phone upgrade, after two failed chats and Facebook postings, I’m exhausted ! Best wishes to the one who solves the problems with customer service !

View 0 more photos
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

459 complaints