WE tried to open an account with TRACFONE for 2 phones. We submitted our order for two phones. Upon receipt we tried to work with TRACFONE representatives for over 5 days to get both phones activated. After multiple calls with multiple representatives, dropped phone calls. they were they were unable to activate the phones. We finally cancelled the account. We then tried to activate an account with another carrier. When we tried to activate our phones we found that TRACFONE refused to unlock them saying that their requirement was the phones had to be activated for 60 days in order to release them to the new company. After explaining what we had been through and that they were the ones who couldn't activate the phones, they said we could pay $300/phone to get the phones released - tis even though our program was to charge $25/per phone and have the first 6 months free. We offered to pay the monthly cost [$50] for 2 months even though it was their fault for not getting the phones activated. They just said what their policy was. We asked to speak with a supervisor on two occasions and both times
the phone just kept ringing with no pickup. We believe that there is something very wrong here and that we are trying to work a reasonable resolution, with no bending on their side.