Resolved Toysrus Toys R Ustoys r us heath insurance scam

B

Toys r us retains the right to not provide any documentation for the health insurance enrollment. Yes that's right.in fact they don't even have to tell you who the insurance company is, or how much its going to cost.

I recently contacted toys r us regarding there open enrollment. I was told I would have to join before I could get any of this information.

I asked if could receive documentation about the different plans and prices, I was told by the toys r us benefits department that, "we reserve the right to withhold that in formation". Yes, that's what they said. They also said they reserved the the right not to send any information via paper.

I asked, "how can I decide or hold accountable the benefits department if I have nothing that states prices? They said,"I cant".

I asked,"what if I do nothing"? They said they would sign me up anyways (Even if I don't want coverage) and I would have to deal with it later.

This is illegal.

Its all a scam stay away from it and hope the obama administration gets on top of the whole fake insurance scam that is going on...

How do you think it would go filing a claim with them??? Nothing about what they take from your check for is anything to do with insurance.

Maggie Johnson Dec 06, 2007

I went online on the Sat. after Thanksgiving to order a Swingset that ToysRus had on sale. I was told they were out but were expecting more. I asked if I would recieve the advertised price ($74.99) and was sent an email promising this price as long as it was within 30 days. I checked the online site and found the product so I called them to place my order. They told me that they could not honor this. They said they NEVER pricematch. I explained that this was told to me via email. Why would I pull these exact figures out of the air? They refused to honor this promise.

• Ga
    Gayleen Pigretti Jan 26, 2008

We ordered 2 online gift certificates to be mailed to the recipients address. We placed the order on 12-16-07 and the order still has not been received. (1/25/08). We have contacted Toys R us twice and they have failed to deliver the gift cards still. They say they have shipped the cards but they are not being received. They have not offered to do anything for us except try again. These cards are for children who do not receive much for Christmas and here it is over a month later and they still don't have them.

• Valerie Sep 23, 2008

My son received a duplicate Little Tykes Basketball Hoop. I tried to get a store credit but was rejected because I didn't have a receipt. Since my sister in law purchase item online, she thought she deleted her emails. Now 2 and 1/2 months later, my sister in law found her email confirmation receipt. I printed the receipt and took to the store. They tried to punch some # into the register but it didn't take so now they want the packing slip. It didn't have a packing slip. It was just the big LT box with UPS shipping label adhered to the box. I'm so frustrated that I've been to the store two times and got no results. I had $70 worth of merchandise that I left on the counter and swear I'll never shop at Toys R Us again because of their poor customer service and return policy.

Mandy Dec 16, 2008

Had store credit in the form of gift card since my baby shower and some criminal in Florida had used it online -wiped it out clean. so I reported to Babies R Us Loss Prevention Team - given a reference #081105-000270. That was 8 weeks ago and I had been calling them every week to check on the progress and each time I called they just pacified me saying that they are still investigating and that my case is "top priority". My baby is approaching 6 months and I really need to buy things for him using the store credit. Why wouldn't Babies R Us give credit back to me since they know it's some a--hole in Florida had used my credit illegally!

• Sh
    shanna Dec 21, 2008

i bought a power wheels from tru and just 1 day later it went on sale $50 cheeper i went to the store for a price difference and ended up getting $12 back. i ask why and the manager told me i had only paid $312 for the item because i had used coupons. so now the coupons i used were not worth anything. what tru does is they take a percentage off of each item on the ticket, not the total amount of all items i had 2 gift cards worth $10 and 10% off i bought 3 items on that ticket and they divided the $20 and 10% among the 3. so when i went for the refund my ticket read that the price for the jeep was $312 insted of $349.95 so what it all boils down to is that i lost the total value of my gift cards. yes i paid 299.95 for the jeep in tru eyes but what i see is that this is a big rip-off

• Bi
    Bizniche35 Dec 28, 2008

I'm an Asst Store Manager at a local TRU ... If that was the case... and they didn't give you the $50 back... what you should have done was return the jeep and then rebought it for the markdown price plus make them honor your coupon on it...

just some advice

• Er
    ErotikHotcake Jun 24, 2009

Just so you know... Toys R Us and the Toys R Us online store are NOT affiliated... So don't blame the store for not being able to return an item that you purchased online.

• Re
    retailnazi Aug 19, 2009

Eh, maybe its just your state, bud. I work for TRU and had full knowledge of the benefits I was receiving, before enrolling. Your HRDS should have been able to provide you with the needed documentation as to pricing and such. I'm in MA and for the past couple of years health insurance has been mandatory (or face tax penalties come tax time) and for every open enrollment period (ours is in September), updated catalogs are available. I would speak to your HRDS and see what the deal is. Otherwise I would suggest reviewing any local regulations or what have you. There is sometimes that overlooked stipulation that'll annoy the crap out of ya :)

• Ve
    VenD55 Jan 07, 2010

I spent a little over $300.00 @ toysrus on 12-21-09. one of the items i bought was a socom ps3 game for my son. come to find out u had to have the internet and all kind of other crap to play the game just not a ps3. the reason i didn't know this prior is because u can not actually see the game u have to get a little white piece of paper with the name of the game on it and then carry it to the cashier where she gets the game and then rings u up and then puts it in a bag. i guess their worry about people stealing them. but anyway i contacted them to exchange the item and they told me that they wouldn't exchange the item are give me my money back due to me not having an itemized reciept. i threw the oringal reciept away but i did have a bank statement stateing that i spent a little over $300.00 dollars there on 12-21-09. i was told that wasn't good enough. toyrus talks about how they are for kids but yet they conduct business like this especially around christmas. so i say f toysrus and any franchise with them. i will never by another item from toysrus in fact i hope they go out of business. peolpe like this usally get what they deserve. i agree with the other consumer WALMART all the way.

• Bo
    bobtheman Jan 07, 2010

The box is above the white ticket. Lift it up and you can read the back. It was you mistake throwing the receipt away. Take some responsibility.

• Pe
    Pejamin Apr 19, 2010

I bought 2 electric bikes (a substantial purchase) at Toysrus and the handbrakes never worked correctly. A simple adjustment was needed. Unfortunately I waited 8 days too long to bring this to their attention. I spoke to the manager, I think his name is Mike, at the Watchung, NJ store asking him if they would adjust the brakes (The bike assembler could probably do it in a couple of minutes). He was rude and unbending on their 90 day policy. When I told him that this would effect my future business with the store, he simply accepted it and did not even offer an apology. Is this store so secure that the customer is treated like this?

• Br
    Brian Silva Apr 30, 2010

They did the same to me!

Gave me false numbers as well. Rude, mean, greedy!

• Ju
    JustMommy May 25, 2010

I am an HRDS for TRU and we were able to go online and print up a pricing list and full disclosure of all benefits offered to us as full time associates.

I personally sat with two other employees today and called the benefits line to get answers because we were considering changing our plans during open enrollment. We all sat together and the RUs benefits help line answered all of our questions including prices and our out of pocket costs.

Your HRDS should have walked you through it and helped you out. There was even a question that Rus benefits couldn't answer so they gave us the number for the insurance company and even the plan id number so we could get the proper answer.

During open enrollment they need more man power so you probably got someone new or a temp. Keep calling the Rus help center until you get the right person!

• Ju
    Julien Jul 10, 2010

Recently I placed 2 orders on toysrus.com. One on july 5th and one on july 7th. both orders were submitted before the daily deadline for processing. According to their website the processing time for each order was 1-2 business days. A CSR told me that each order should be packed the day it's ordered and shipped the following day. The first order (placed on July 5th) was not shipped until the end of the day on the 8th. The second order(placed on July 7th) as of now has not shipped. I can understand some delays but double the stated time TWICE is unacceptable. I emailed customer service and received a standard "your order is set to ship..." reply. I emailed again stating my displeasure. I received the same response with more detail(but still no apology). I emailed to corporate and got no response.

This is not a major issue by itself but also with these orders I discovered that toysrus.com has a terrible billing policy. When the order is placed they put a hold on the money to make sure it is there. The hold takes 3-5 days to release the funds back to the bank. They charge for each item as it is shipped. So I had over $200 in holds on my bank account and they were starting to charge the same $200 before the hold was released. I would have gotten overdraft charges except for we delayed paying the bills by 2 days. Even worse is since they charge for each item separately it would not have been 1 $39 overdraft charge but could have been as many as 6.

Be warned...if you order from toysrus.com make sure you have double the money available for the first 3-5 days and don't need that money for anything else.

• Ha
    Hardik Dec 07, 2010

ToysRUs advertised XBox 360 Kinnect Controller as an early bird special. When I tried to purchase the Kinnect Module and Game Special for a 50.00 Dollar card as incentive. They had the more expensive edition for 399.00, but not the advertised 199.00 module. The clerk informed me they were sold out the units on the launch days several days prior and would not issue rain checks for early bird specials. I have spent the last month attempting to purchase the module from them and they say they never received any shipment beyond the lauch date and now don't expect them until after Christmas. How can a store advertise merchandise as a special when they had none available to sell? I called the 800 number and got a lady who told me she could help me and promptly hung up on me. I called back and this lady told me all ToysRUs sales depend on availability and there is nothing she could do but appoligize. When I asked if this is Bait and Switch she said she could conntact Corporate, but that takes at least 10 days. All I wanted was for the store to honor their ad. It a shame it todays economy a store chooses to mislead customers with a smile on their face. If I would of known that I have to spend 399.00 to get the higher priced model, I wouldn't have spent over 200.00 dollars in their store on the November 6 shopping trip on other gifts.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Dec 07, 2010

Ads also usually state "not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors." And sometimes a lack of product is not the fault of the store, but the supplier.

• Il
    Illmatic Feb 16, 2011

My 11 year old son purchased a video game from toys r us during a promotion. He received a $20 gift card due to the promotion, the store clerk told him that this card would not be activated for six hours. Hence he was not able to use this on an additional purchase during this outing.

Saturday I took him back to the store and he tried to make a purchase using this $20 gift card, during this time he was told that this gift card expired on 1/31/11 and he therefore was out of luck! I spoke to the manager and he simply told me that he felt bad but there was nothing that he could do for my son. The card expired and the store took back the $20!

Talk about a bogus scam!! We left the store and both vowed to NEVER purchase anything again at TOYS R US!!! That store preys upon unsuspecting youth and I will not patronize any corporation that steals from it's customers. Let's face it, many stores carry the same items as TOYS R Us and they do so at lower prices!

Boycott TOYS R US ...my family and friends will not support this store anymore!

NoneyaBeezwax Apr 29, 2011

Hawaii toys r us provides a basic online instruction paper that leads in circles an hour and a half later and I've yet to see pricing for the local kaiser plans for my family

• Jb
    jbonham May 13, 2011

I had to write you about my recent experience at your store in Olathe, KS. First of all, I should say that I try to avoid shopping at your store at all costs because every time I have shopped here I have bad experiences. Either the coupons I've brought in don't work, the people working are incompetent, or you are severaly under-staffed and it takes forever to purchase an item because you have one cashier in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday. This recent trip I went in to buy an infant car seat. I had a coupon for 20% off. I haven't been to your store in a year and I was hoping things had improved but unfortunately they had not. When I went to check out, the cashier informed me that I could not use the coupon because I didn't have it lined up properly and the bar code was missing a number. I asked if they could still apply the 20% off because I clearly had their store coupon. They said they could not because they didn't have any way to do this. I asked if they had a kiosk with internet that I could pull up my coupon and they could write the number down, they did not. So a customer in line (which the line was so backed up because they only had one person on registers) offered for me to use her coupon. At first they said no but then after we debated with the worker she agreed to let us do this and applied the 20%. It was such a hassle and so much more complicated then it needed to be. BRU is a place I generally avoid because there is always hassle involved when I buy things there and I am an easy going shopper. I don't understand how one store can make so many people so angry. I don't know anyone (and I know a lot of moms) who say they love shopping at BRU. If you can buy the baby items you need from Target or Walmart or somewhere else, do it! BRU does not have good customer service, they clearly don't train their employees well nor do they have good coupon policies. I would not shop there and go to stores who are customer friendly!

• Go
    Goku9362 Jun 16, 2011

A promo gift card is almost EXACTLY like a coupon. It says ON THE CARD ITSELF the expiration date of the gift card. Grow up instead of having us feel pity over "your child's innocence."

• Go
    Goku9362 Jun 16, 2011

On the ad it says while supplies last. NO RAINCHECKS.

• Ra
    ramin1234 Jul 03, 2011

Toys R Us has a misleading return policy. My daughter received two of the same Fisher Price kids cameras for Christmas. We have a gift receipt for one of them. It was purchased from Toys R Us on the Internet. The invoice says specifically that online purchases can now be returned to stores. When we took it in to get credit so that my daughter could select another toy, we were told that Toys R Us Express does not accept Fisher Price camera returns. How frustrating for my 3 year old and what bad business practice by Toys R Us. The company should make transaction easy for customers -- This means accepting a valid return with a receipt at any of the stores that has their brand. I get so tired of company policies that are not customer-friendly.

• Jk
    JKDE Jul 03, 2011

If the return policy specifically says Toys R Us Express stores do not accept Fisher Price camera returns, return it to Toys R Us on the Internet.

You could use it as a new birthday or Christmas gift for another lucky child.

• Up
    UpsetConsumer Jul 11, 2011

I was looking at Black Friday sales. Specifically Call of Duty Black Ops, and under it it said, "ONLY $4.99 when you purchase select games!**" when I clicked the details link, the giant headline read "ONLY $4.99 select PS3 or Xbox 360 Games when you buy PS3 or Xbox 360 video games priced $59.99 or more!" since the deal requires two games, i decided to get Assassin;s creed:brotherhood, another $59.99 dollar game. I assumed this game would be $4.99 since both games said they would only be 4.99 on them. they both siad they would be that price and the description did say with the purchase of a $59.99 dollar game. I went to toys r us at midnight, waited 12 minutes in the cold, and an hour in line for an hour to check out. when i got to the register, they told me neither of these games worked for the sale. The advertisement should be more clear. I see this as a form of the illegal "bait and switch". After all the time in line, i got nothing. i am extremely dissapointed. the same offers that are online should be in the store.

• Bu
    bullevard Aug 26, 2011

My problem is this, ToysRUs ran a promo of 10% cash back on purchases over Christmas and they had no intention of notifying me that I had certificates available to print in hopes that they would not have to give me any money back at all. The promo was dishonest and misleading. I have contacted their general customer service number and they have been told to give a pat answer for customers like me and not answer any questions regarding the matter. I have attempted to contact their Corporate offices in Wayne, New Jersey, but get sent to the automated answering system twilight zone.

They have promised something to customers and are not following through with what they said. They have not notified me of certificate availability, hence they do not lose money and fulfill their side of the bargain. I want what was promised. I made all the purchases required and am entitled to the $50 reward back. I will never shop at ToysRUs or any of their sister companies again!

• Da
    Dalllekon Oct 15, 2011

I ordered 3 items on presale. I recieved one as expected. The other two I still have yet to recieve. They have changed the processing date on the items 3 times and just recieved an email saying they no longer have a date when my order will be in. Completely unprofessional. If they are unsure of the quantity they are getting in or of the release date then they should not presell the items. I see now why so many stores have closed down and they are facing bankrupcy. I will never do business with them again. I have 2 grandchildren who were waiting on birthday gifts and I am currently out of state so I cannot make it up to them. Thank you for making me disappoint my grandchildren.

• To
    toys Nov 17, 2011

Shoppers beware of Toys R Us advertised sales. The sales staff will praise a product but unfortunately it will not be in stock. They will take your details and promise to phone you and that you can have it at the sales price - they will even put it all in writing for you. BUT you will never hear from them again. You have to phone and after being put on hold and transferred 3 times you will be put through to JAMES (aaagh!) the assistant manager of Parramatta store who will not believe you, talk over you and be as rude as rude to you the paying customer. Little does James know, it is the same customer who has probably paid for his annual salary three or four times over with all the merchandise there have bought from there. NOT ANYMORE - I refuse to buy anymore from Toys R Us whilst they such rude people.

• Co
    ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

How is it the store's fault that you can line up a coupon properly?

• Ab
    absolutwill Jul 12, 2012

The real scam happens when TRU/BRU doubles charges your paycheck for insurance. My fiance' recently changed from part time to full time insurance, and now is being charged for both the old part time insurance and the new full time plans. I didn't know one person could be provided both part time and full time insurance at the same time but BRU seems to think so. Please be carefull if you switch from part to full time, you WILL be double charged if you don't call HR and get the problem fixed. This has happened to several employees and I'm not sure if they have any recourse because BRU will not reimburse them for the overcharges. Anyone, know the legality to this situation?