TLG Buyers Advantage — unauthorized charges

L

I bought a pedi paws online and it had an $8.00 rebate. when the rebate check came I cashed it. by cashing the rebate check it signed me up for TLG buyer advantage @ $139.99 which they took out of my checking account, which then put me into the negative and I had to pay nsf fees.

I got the number for TLG from my bank, they agreed to credit my account in 7-14 days. but I am still out $70. for nsf fees.

Marcia34 May 17, 2011

Have a care with that company because they had taken some funds out of my account w/o my permission. This month, I had noticed a pending charges on my account which is due on the 19th, three days from now. Will let you know what happen and will call my bank tomorrow morning.

sanchezgman Apr 21, 2010

my card has been charged twice now the beginning of the month and now the midmonth for $15.99 each time. What do i need to do?

• Jd
    jdhdlove Feb 15, 2010

i had the same thing happen to me. i have never heard of this company. i went to the atm to withdraw some cash and it said insufficient funds. so, i called my bank, they said that this "tlg buyers" and also "tlg great fun" had billed my debit card in 4 different transactions for $15.99 each. so, now i have to call this, "unknown" company and make them refund my money that they took. then i have to order a new debit card. i dont even know how they got my info in the first place. but something needs to be done about this. it isnt right to anyone unless, that one person authorizes the transaction. i am contacting my lawyer and im going to try to do something to stop this company from stealing from the citizens of the U.S. I think everyone else that has experienced this similar activity should do the same thing and we should all team up and put a stop to this. because of this, "tlg buyers" and "tlg great fun", i had to borrow money to buy my childs diapers, just because some company i have never heard of, emptied my account.

• Co
    Collin Mar 31, 2009

• Et
    Ethel Henry Mar 27, 2009

It just happened to us as well. My husband didn't realize the rebate from the purchase of Pedi-Paws had strings attached. I am now in the process of getting this cleared up. Thank goodness it is our credit card and not our debit card involved. What new scam will pop up next?

• Ra
    RaeLynn71 Mar 24, 2009

I just had the same thing happen this morning. I got a check for $8.25 some months back from buying a stupid pedd egg! I cashed the check and thought nothing of it until this morning, got up and checked my account online to see that there was a pending charge of $139.99 from TLG Buyers...No clue who in the world this company was nor did I approve this. So I called the bank and they of course can't do anything until it clears my account, in which will leave me negative and of course charge a $35 NSF fee. I found this through a search engine and called the company. Tehy are refunding my $139.99, but of course, it will take days. I had to borrow $140 and oput it in my account today so I will not get charged and NFS, because I know my bank will not refund them. The bank won't refund NSF because by cashing that stupid little check, it gave them authorization for the money. This is just craziness!

• Su
    Sue Mar 24, 2009

A friend is going though the exact thing now, they refunded her $8.25 She banked it and they just 3/20/09 took out the $139.99.She called the bank that day herself after being told they had a 3 way conversation with the bank(`liars! they are!!) The bank told her they will investigate and at the end of 10 days her bank will refund the money AND take care of ALL their CHARGES, ASK THE BANK SECURITY DEPARTMENT.