Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

Complaints & Reviews

identical websites

I found out that Great Fun has 2 identical websites. When I googled Greatfun, the 1st that popped out was greatfunonline.com, couldn't log in. I called customer service, came to find out that their real website is greatfunsite.com. So, those who have no security protection in their PC's must have been logging in at the fraudulent website and had their personal info stolen.

Watch out!

• Tr
    Troy Staten Aug 27, 2008

I have a Problem with these people somehow they accessed my bank account with just my checking account number. i never
    wanted the service but got charged anyway without my knowledge.I'm going to file a report against them and maybe
    file a police report also. Do not do business with these people.

• Qu
    Quincy Schroeder Nov 09, 2008

I wish to cancel my membership with Great Fun. I have attemped to reach a customer service representative at the phone number 1-877-488-9480 but each and every time a machine tells me to call back later i have called with in the hours of opperation and would be very pleased that at my request this membership be canceled and no further member charges permitted on my credit card.

underhanded business practices!

I had a Juniper/Barclays bank credit card. Soon thereafter I received a check for $8 included in my statement. My husband assumed it was a rebate or rewards check and deposited it in our bank along with our other deposits. Soon thereafter I rec'd a packet in the mail telling me I had enrolled in Auto Vantage (a towing company). They deducted $119.99 from my credit card. I called and threatened to file a complaint with the attorney general's office if they did not reverse the charge. The said they would and gave me a cancellation number. This happened again a charge of $119.99 to that same credit card. I called again and they stated by depositing that check and not reading the fine print on the back I had signed up for TLG Great Fun. I have up to now canceled this thing 5 times. Each time I get a cancellation number and each time when I call back that number is not in their computer along with any indication that I had called at all. I have finally figured out that this company has about 20 different programs and this could go on forever. I have canceled my Jumiper credit card because they are the ones who sent this check in my statement. Each time I have called I have ended up in another part of the country, and several times in Manilla, Phillipines.

I did find out their fax number in Irvine and am tempted to fax them several hundred times to let them know just how I feel about their whole scam... Maybe some of you have had the same experience then I say don't bother to call fax them at [protected]...

• Ti
    Timothy A. Stevenson Sep 05, 2007

I've received a check from my credit card company. There was a small print on the back stating that after the check is cashed or deposited, there would be a charge of $119 to the card. Although these checks STILL keep coming, I plan to cancel it on the expiration year before I get another card again from them.

• Vi
    Vijay Sarathi May 21, 2008

Hi,

I have received the Memership from Great fun without my notice, and I have called the customer Care and asked them to cancel my membership,
    Customer care agent said that it has been cancelled. though great fun is charging my credit card for everymonth without my authorization.

Whats the hell you guys are doing..Please stop charging my credit card immediately..and stop cheating the people..

I requested my credit card company to stop authorizing you to charge further..

I really dont understand why this happens..explain me..

and please credit what ever amount debited from my account ASAP..

Thanks
    Nageswar

• F2
    F2C Nov 25, 2008

I have gone through the first step on this scam. I ordered from Haband something with a $5 refund. I received a check for $5 and assumed it was the refund and cashed it. Did not read the back. Later I received two more checks for $10 that I didn't expect. Then I read the small print on the back and tore up the checks. The print was so small that I could hardly read it. Called Visa. They called AutoVantage and I spoke with them with Visa listening. They tried to sell me the membership, but I insisted on a refund. Then they shifted me to the "Refund Dept." and I got a refund number. Now I suppose they will not actually refund my $149.99, and I have to take more action. The company is clever enough to have a refund department that makes Visa think that the complaint has been settled, and so Visa will not put the charge in dispute. We'll see what happens next, but I'm not giving up.

illegal charges on credit card!

Over the past five months I have seen a $9.99 charge on my credit card that I had no idea what it was for. I...

fraud and cheating!

I have been paying $11.00 a month for this "membership" and was sent a membership card, but I cannot access this site. I was told I'd receive a gas card when I joined, but I have never received one. We are going to be traveling and I was trying to locate some discounts for restaurants, but when I pull up GreatFun.com all I am able to get to is a solicitation to join for $9.99 a month with a $20.00 card for a meal. I imagine the meal card is much like the non-existent gas card I received!!

• Ba
    Barbara Jordan Apr 23, 2008

I signed up for this Great Fun when it offered a rebate and a card to get discounts at restaurants. At no time did I agree to have any money taken from any of my accounts as the site implied this was a free service. After reading all these complaints, I tried to cancel my membership and there is no way to do this.

Can you help me?

• Pa
    Pamela Neese May 17, 2008

I found a site that list the same number on the back of the card to cancel membership (1-877-488-9480). I never received my gas card either. I tried to find establishments that would accept this card and none in my area do! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE AND THIS CARD!!!

• Mc
    mchelle Nov 27, 2008

i got the great fun card because i was supposed to get a 10 dollar off rebate for an item i bought on avon.com. i never got the 10 dollars and i never got the card and they are charging me and will not let me cancel

• Ke
    kelving Dec 19, 2008

i was cheated too. i booked my ticket through priceline and a month later greatfun is charging me 11.99 for something which i did not authorized. beware of greatfun.com. priceline should take a note of this kind of spam.

trying to steal money from my visa

We were charged $79.99 on a recent Visa bill, from “Great Fun”. I found Great Fun on the web, called and canceled what they called a “new membership” in their travel club. I called Visa and complained about the charge. They canceled the payment, and told me that I have to be careful in certain websites, that I don’t inadvertently sign up for a club like this by NOT unchecking a box where I am agreeing to join.

I checked my records, and noticed that I signed up for this club the same day I purchased something from Amazon. Can they legally do this?

• Sh
    Shirley Ponthier Sep 24, 2007

My personal checking account was charged $35.99 on September 18, 2007. I do not know what this is for or why my account was charged. Can you pleased let me know what I'm to do about this. Also, will I get reibursed for it?

• El
    Elizabeth Pierre Aug 15, 2018

Who are you people ? My bank account was charged the sum of $16.99 twice on the 12 th June 2018... for what I have no clue.. Please remove these charges cause I am an uenmployed senior who is not in a position to spare such sums of money. The following transcations made were 1...TLGGREATFN64918JUN80029... and 2...TLGSHOPPER64918434JUN80052...

• De
    Denorris Carter Nov 12, 2018

I am writing because i haven't received my rebate and it has been months later

• Re
    Reviewer57307 Nov 19, 2018

I received a $16.99 charge on my credit card and have never received a thing from this company. I thought I canncelled the company months ago.

• La
    Larry Groot Feb 25, 2019

On 12/17/2018 I was charged $16.99 for membership. I wish to revoke my membership and receive a reimbursement for $16.99 please. Thank you. Larry Groot Phone 425-890-8084, Email [email protected]