Having problems with Great Fun?

Great Fun reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 3, 2006. The latest review Unauthorized credit card charges was posted on Aug 17, 2021. The latest complaint why was this charged to my account was resolved on Nov 25, 2014. Great Fun has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 391 reviews. Great Fun has resolved 211 complaints.

Great Fun Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Great Fun Customer Service. Initial Great Fun complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Great Fun above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Great Fun. Discuss the issues you have had with Great Fun and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Great Fun Complaints & Reviews, Page 20

TLG Great Fun — stealing from my checking account!

I have been charged $9.99 for at least 13 months and never realized what it was. Called the company, TLG...

Nicholson

TLG Everydayunauthorizes charge of $11.99

I purchased a $15 flash storage item from Buy.com and in their page they offered a FREE TLG everday item My credit card was billed for $11.99 for this so called FREE item. These people should be prosecuted!

• Mc
      McNeely Apr 29, 2009

I just recently was charged $119.99 for this "apparent" service that I never signed up for. I actually called them 3 times to cancel my "membership" they stated that I had with them and still couldn't get a cancellation code! Luckily on the 4th attempt when being a disgruntled "Customer" I was able to get this code and a full refund.

For everyone's Special Attention (SA) their number is [protected]. You should have to get a code that starts with R.

This company is ###ic and will continiously attempt to sell you something when trying to attempt to cancel! I hate ###ed people and companies that want to take advantage. Honestly, I think the BBB should wipe them off the planet!

• Gi
      gil May 02, 2008

how do i get this to stop

Anh Vo Dec 22, 2007

Luckily you know what you did. I don't even know what the hell did I sign up for, I can assure I've never seen tlg everyday before... but they still charge me. What a jerk. After a research about this company I didn't bother to call them, let me CC company handle this.

Great Fun/trilegiant Corporationbig scam

When that window pops up for 15% off your airline ticket from great fun, don't do it! trilegiant corporation will put sneaky charges on your credit card as long as they can get away with it. check your bank statement for:

Shoppingessential
    Tlg*greatfn

I cancelled, I have a confirmation #, and charges are still showing up.

"who we are
    Trilegiant corporation
    Address: 100 connecticut ave.
    Norwalk, ct [protected]
    Telephone: [protected]
    Customer service e-mail: [protected]@greatfunsite.com"

• El
        elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

Here's some information on what you can do to take action and get help with this. Contact Freed & Weiss!

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
        Redcats USA
        Pizza Hut
        Movie Tickets.com
        GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
        IdentitySecure,
        CardCops,
        PC SafetyPlus,
        and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

sandy knight Jan 27, 2008

I have checked out your website I would like to cancel we dont go much I can use that money for something else.

Sandy.

TLG Great FunI am about to report them to the better business bureau

This company has charged me for 10 months $9.99 on my credit card and I had no idea who was charging me or what the charges were for. My credit card company told me to call them and tell them to cancel immediately and that I did not authorize monthly payment. I did, and they said I signed up for their "service" which sounds like "discounts" on what I'm still not sure. They said I authorized this when I placed an Avon order. I said I would never have done so and I wanted reimbursement to my credit card for the 10 months they charged me. They said I had to fax their company (which I did a month ago) and still have not had $100 worth of payments reimbursed. What a scam. I am about to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Cy
          Cynthia B Aug 19, 2010

Fun, Inc or the other handful of names they operate under is a scamming business that has been stealing $12.99 out of my 89 year old neighbors’ checking account for 48 months! They claim he signed up for their discount membership club when he ordered replacement checks through Checks in the Mail. When he first discovered this charge happening back in 2007 he contacted them to find out who they were and why were they debiting his account, he then requested that they stop as he never intentionally ordered this so called membership service nor did he ever receive a membership number or any information about this so called membership. Well, they did stop for a month and then they got back into his account and kept stealing $12.99 until I happen to catch it on his statement while helping him pay his bills as he's been in the hospital with surgeries. It turns out they do this to millions of unsuspecting people.

We need to complain to the companies that are facilitating this con from happening. In this case it was hidden in the Checks In The Mail submission when ordering replacement checks, others have had it occur with True Credit, rent a cars, airline purchases, etc... I would think that these companies wouldn’t want this negative association with this thieving and outright deceptive Fun Incorporated or whatever the name they are using at the time. Then State-by State we need to report this to every Attorney General office. They were working in legislative changes that were supposed to stop reoccurring debit charges from scamming unsuspecting people.

• Mb
          MBlaATL Jun 15, 2010

i was also taken by this company i noticed a pending charge on my account for 12.99 my bank gave me this companies number i called and they wouldn't tell me what they sold or offered i asked that they stop taking money from my account and they only offered me free coupons to offset my overderaft fees i said no called my bank and disputed the charges my wife booked a rental car on priceline and i made a purchase from amazon this could be where they get you beeeeeeeeeware they should be shut down and these sites that allow them to take advanetage of thier customers should be held accountable i'll never use either one again

Maria Jose Jury Jun 02, 2010

I have been in the the same boat for at least 9 months, with two charges monthly, one for 12.99 (116.91) and the other one for 13.99 (125.91), more than 240.00 d0llars plus all the over charges from 34.oo dollars each time the charge my account which i was trying to close. Definitely someone has to stop these people from styling everybody's money.

• Br
          BRENDA Mar 28, 2009

i have been in the same shoes as you all, didn't know who in the heck these people are, called then they said some discount company you all need to call [protected] THEY ARE A SCAM THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR FUTURE DISCOUNTS ON MANY THINGS CALL AND THEY WILL CANCEL YOU OUT, BUT THEY WILL WANT YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM THEY CAN FIND YOU FROM YOU MAILING ADDRESS...DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER OUT...BRENDA

• Pe
          Peach Nov 27, 2008

I just card charged of $64.99 from TLG*COMPLETEHME, one of the Freat Fun sister scams I think. I'll start calling tomorrow to try & get it removed. I authorized no such purchase.

• Er
          erika May 21, 2008

I too have been had by these people. I was paying my credit card on line last night and saw a charge for 11.99 pending. I looked into it and found out that since Feb they have been billing me. I called them this morning and the cust service rep told me that she could only refund me 20.00 some dollars and not the full amount b/c she couldn't identify me. What is funny is when I first called and gave them the numbers after the charge she identified me. Apparently she told me that they were on a site I visited (True Credit) and I selected them from it. The only thing I remember is selecting a button that said I could save 20% off and I hit yes. That is all I did. I had her cancel the so called membership and after she did she told me that she has been fielding numerous complaint calls and wishes she could refund my full amount!!! What???? Then do it. I told her about this page and she was aware of it. Someone somewhere needs to look into this business and shut them down.

Sheila Natalie Feb 14, 2008

This company charge my credit card for 119.99 and I don't even know who they are. I was online to check to see if the card company had recieved my payment when I saw this charge. I have been trying to call them all morning and still haven't been able to speak to anyone. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH STEALING PEOPLES INFORMATION AND USING IT. I THOUGHT WE HAD LAWS TO STOP THINGS LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING? THEY HAVE LAWS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE.

shania Feb 10, 2008

They did the same on my credit card, i did not authorize anything. I was going through my credit card history on accounts, then i realized these charges that i never authorised. This is reallly crazy scamm scam bags.

• Na
          Natalie m Nov 23, 2007

I have been on the phone, first they couldnt find my info, tthen they transferred me around, then the couldnt hear me on the phone, and I got no information still. I was charged for 7 months.

TLG Everyday — unauthorized charge

I ignore what kind of company is but in my account appears one unauthorized charge for the amount of $ 11.99...

TLG Great Fun 1-800-242-7771 CT — tlg great fun [protected] ct

Noticed an $11.99 charge on my online checking account website this morning that was authorized today...

GreatFun (GreatFunOnline.com and GreatFunSite.com)identical websites

I found out that Great Fun has 2 identical websites. When I googled Greatfun, the 1st that popped out was greatfunonline.com, couldn't log in. I called customer service, came to find out that their real website is greatfunsite.com. So, those who have no security protection in their PC's must have been logging in at the fraudulent website and had their personal info stolen.

Watch out!

• Qu
            Quincy Schroeder Nov 09, 2008

I wish to cancel my membership with Great Fun. I have attemped to reach a customer service representative at the phone number [protected] but each and every time a machine tells me to call back later i have called with in the hours of opperation and would be very pleased that at my request this membership be canceled and no further member charges permitted on my credit card.

• Tr
            Troy Staten Aug 27, 2008

I have a Problem with these people somehow they accessed my bank account with just my checking account number. i never
            wanted the service but got charged anyway without my knowledge.I'm going to file a report against them and maybe
            file a police report also. Do not do business with these people.

Auto Vantage & Tlg Great Fununderhanded business practices!

I had a Juniper/Barclays bank credit card. Soon thereafter I received a check for $8 included in my statement. My husband assumed it was a rebate or rewards check and deposited it in our bank along with our other deposits. Soon thereafter I rec'd a packet in the mail telling me I had enrolled in Auto Vantage (a towing company). They deducted $119.99 from my credit card. I called and threatened to file a complaint with the attorney general's office if they did not reverse the charge. The said they would and gave me a cancellation number. This happened again a charge of $119.99 to that same credit card. I called again and they stated by depositing that check and not reading the fine print on the back I had signed up for TLG Great Fun. I have up to now canceled this thing 5 times. Each time I get a cancellation number and each time when I call back that number is not in their computer along with any indication that I had called at all. I have finally figured out that this company has about 20 different programs and this could go on forever. I have canceled my Jumiper credit card because they are the ones who sent this check in my statement. Each time I have called I have ended up in another part of the country, and several times in Manilla, Phillipines.

I did find out their fax number in Irvine and am tempted to fax them several hundred times to let them know just how I feel about their whole scam... Maybe some of you have had the same experience then I say don't bother to call fax them at [protected]...

• F2
              F2C Nov 25, 2008

I have gone through the first step on this scam. I ordered from Haband something with a $5 refund. I received a check for $5 and assumed it was the refund and cashed it. Did not read the back. Later I received two more checks for $10 that I didn't expect. Then I read the small print on the back and tore up the checks. The print was so small that I could hardly read it. Called Visa. They called AutoVantage and I spoke with them with Visa listening. They tried to sell me the membership, but I insisted on a refund. Then they shifted me to the "Refund Dept." and I got a refund number. Now I suppose they will not actually refund my $149.99, and I have to take more action. The company is clever enough to have a refund department that makes Visa think that the complaint has been settled, and so Visa will not put the charge in dispute. We'll see what happens next, but I'm not giving up.

• Vi
              Vijay Sarathi May 21, 2008

Hi,

I have received the Memership from Great fun without my notice, and I have called the customer Care and asked them to cancel my membership,
              Customer care agent said that it has been cancelled. though great fun is charging my credit card for everymonth without my authorization.

Whats the hell you guys are doing..Please stop charging my credit card immediately..and stop cheating the people..

I requested my credit card company to stop authorizing you to charge further..

I really dont understand why this happens..explain me..

and please credit what ever amount debited from my account ASAP..

Thanks
              Nageswar

• Ti
              Timothy A. Stevenson Sep 05, 2007

I've received a check from my credit card company. There was a small print on the back stating that after the check is cashed or deposited, there would be a charge of $119 to the card. Although these checks STILL keep coming, I plan to cancel it on the expiration year before I get another card again from them.

TLG Great Fun — illegal charges on credit card!

Over the past five months I have seen a $9.99 charge on my credit card that I had no idea what it was for. I...

Great Funfraud and cheating!

I have been paying $11.00 a month for this "membership" and was sent a membership card, but I cannot access this site. I was told I'd receive a gas card when I joined, but I have never received one. We are going to be traveling and I was trying to locate some discounts for restaurants, but when I pull up GreatFun.com all I am able to get to is a solicitation to join for $9.99 a month with a $20.00 card for a meal. I imagine the meal card is much like the non-existent gas card I received!!

• Ke
                kelving Dec 19, 2008

i was cheated too. i booked my ticket through priceline and a month later greatfun is charging me 11.99 for something which i did not authorized. beware of greatfun.com. priceline should take a note of this kind of spam.

• Mc
                mchelle Nov 27, 2008

i got the great fun card because i was supposed to get a 10 dollar off rebate for an item i bought on avon.com. i never got the 10 dollars and i never got the card and they are charging me and will not let me cancel

• Pa
                Pamela Neese May 17, 2008

I found a site that list the same number on the back of the card to cancel membership [protected]). I never received my gas card either. I tried to find establishments that would accept this card and none in my area do! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE AND THIS CARD!!!

• Ba
                Barbara Jordan Apr 23, 2008

I signed up for this Great Fun when it offered a rebate and a card to get discounts at restaurants. At no time did I agree to have any money taken from any of my accounts as the site implied this was a free service. After reading all these complaints, I tried to cancel my membership and there is no way to do this.

Can you help me?

Great Funtrying to steal money from my visa

We were charged $79.99 on a recent Visa bill, from “Great Fun”. I found Great Fun on the web, called and canceled what they called a “new membership” in their travel club. I called Visa and complained about the charge. They canceled the payment, and told me that I have to be careful in certain websites, that I don’t inadvertently sign up for a club like this by NOT unchecking a box where I am agreeing to join.

I checked my records, and noticed that I signed up for this club the same day I purchased something from Amazon. Can they legally do this?

• La
                  Larry Groot Feb 25, 2019

On 12/17/2018 I was charged $16.99 for membership. I wish to revoke my membership and receive a reimbursement for $16.99 please. Thank you. Larry Groot Phone [protected], Email [email protected]

• Re
                  Reviewer57307 Nov 19, 2018

I received a $16.99 charge on my credit card and have never received a thing from this company. I thought I canncelled the company months ago.

• De
                  Denorris Carter Nov 12, 2018

I am writing because i haven't received my rebate and it has been months later

• El
                  Elizabeth Pierre Aug 15, 2018

Who are you people ? My bank account was charged the sum of $16.99 twice on the 12 th June 2018... for what I have no clue.. Please remove these charges cause I am an uenmployed senior who is not in a position to spare such sums of money. The following transcations made were 1...TLGGREATFN64918JUN80029... and 2...TLGSHOPPER64918434JUN80052...

Shirley Ponthier Sep 24, 2007

My personal checking account was charged $35.99 on September 18, 2007. I do not know what this is for or why my account was charged. Can you pleased let me know what I'm to do about this. Also, will I get reibursed for it?