TLG Secure IDcharging my credit card fraudulently

To my knowledge, and after a diligent search of my records, I never signed up for ID Secure service which is apparently offered through Trilegent Corporation or some subsidiary thereof. I have been charged (on a credit card I never use) $139.99. Upon investigation, I found an unnoticed $129.99 cahrge from last year. As far as I can tell, and I see others suspect the same theng, these are "automatic charges" from I company I have no relationship to. This is bald faced fraud. This charge appeared on my Mastercharge Card. I called them, and they said I had to "speak to the Merchant", who of course is closed beyond normal banker's working hours. So the implication is that I have to take time out of my day to contact them. I have never been so mad in my life and I will be canceling my credit card as well, once I resolve this, because they did nothing to reassure me that this was not pure fraud. I had to call the credit card company 3 times just to get them to put a hold on all charges. I had no idea what I was dealing with at the time. These thieves shold be able to use our personal data for their skanky profit making and fraudulent charges to begin with. I am FURIOUS!

Sammi Higgins Nov 16, 2011

I couldn't move forward to another site without expressing myself about this TLG company. I was checking my bank acct and notice that I've been charged every month $15.99 and sometimes they charged my checking acct TWICE in ONE MONTH!! Called my banking branch to find out that Trilegend Cmpny is a 3rd party ID protection CRAPP and the bank never tells how these company will make monthly deduction from your acct, EVERYBODY just wants to get PAID!! It's sad when ur own bank can't be trusted!!! They can withdraw money from your checking account without your permission! What has happen to us America the BANKS are the biggest Robbers in America!! Complete Bull-###!!

• Gr
    Grandma with a complaint Jun 08, 2010

I just looked at my account also and found this fraudulent $139.99 charge on MY account. I am careful about those "something for free" pop-ups and questionnaires and NEVER reply to them. I just called the number (7:45pm) and was told to call back during normal business hours. I will certainly be calling back tomorrow. I'm glad to learn that a number of my fellow "victims" got your money back. Think about this, if they "borrow" money from enough people's accounts they can make a boatload of money in interest in just ONE DAY. To my way of thinking, this kind of income is as illegal as robbing a bank. Amazing that they are allowed to get away with this. They "happily" return your money because they really only counted on having it for a day or so. If they get to keep it longer, all the better for them.

johnwgibson Jun 01, 2010

glad this info was on line,
    I just got a letter addressed to my wife thanking her for recently signing up
    (which no one in the family has done) and that her card will be charged automatically at the
    "then current membership fee", without any idea which card it is charged to.
    so, this looks like a scam

• Ju
    june t Feb 20, 2010

charged my credit card 14.95 twice I have no idea who they are.

• Tj
    tjpom Nov 05, 2009

I was just charged for $149.99 for the TLG*ID SECURE. What is this they did not have my permission I do not know what this is.
    A SCAM I THINK.

• Pa
    paytonsmommy1008 Aug 15, 2009

I was charged as well from this company something needs to be done

Steve Jul 31, 2009

and an update for everyone, TLG ID Secure DID do as promised for my wife. They sent back a copy of the signed check, cancelled the account and reimbursed ALL the money. I took a total of 15 days. They were very pleasant about it.

Steve Jul 31, 2009

College Dad, Actually, your daughter DID give them permission...but didn't realise it! If you read my previous posts, you will see how it happens...and yes, you can merely ask and they will cancel and reimburse her money. They are good about this if you know how to ask. Call the number on the card statement next to the charge, and they will stop it.

• Co
    College Dad Jul 30, 2009

This company has charged my daughter's card $74.99 without authorization as well. Biggest rip-off ever. These guys are crooks, taking money without fully explaining the charges! LET's stop them from doing this. Report this to your state dept of commerce or attorney general's office.

If enough of us do this, they may go after them on behalf of all of us. In Wisconsin, the Atty Generals office said they would look into this. The ball is rolling, help us out!

• Hu
    husband2 Jun 24, 2009

I just got a charge on my credit card for 139.99 . I have no idea who this is or what it is for. Please help me find out what this is all about. THANKS!!

• Mi
    mia Jun 17, 2009

My husband card charged $139.99 as well without any reason.

• Ke
    kevin mcguigan N.J. May 27, 2009

My card was also charged $139.99!!! Who is this company or person? Who gave them my consent, I know i didn't do anything!!! HELP

Maddog812 May 06, 2009

I to was hit with a $139.00 charge from IDsecure on 4/30/09. Has anyone that complained to them gotten any refund yet? This is total BS.

Steve Apr 20, 2009

TLG ID SECURE has taken $139.99 from my wife's mastercard. I immediately called the number to ID Secure (The phone number is displayed right after the company name on the credit card statement) and they told me this happened because my wife signed a $5.00 check from WOMAN WITHIN. The check was sent to her because as she was finishing an online purchase she saw a "$5.00 special promotion"to recieve a $5.00 check . Thinking this promotion was from WOMAN WITHIN, she clicked on it instead of reading the fine print. The fine print stated that cashing the check would be authorizing ID SECURE to open an account for her and start charging her the $139.99 on her credit card
    I demanded that ID SECURE send me a copy of the signed check AND have the account closed. They seemed to be very willing to grant my requests...time will tell though.
    If you see an offer that appears to be for free, READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE CLICKING THE BUTTON!
    Steve Batchelder
    [email protected]

• Gw
    G. Wms. Apr 11, 2009

My name is Gloria Williams
    I just looked at my bank statement and saw a charge for $139.99, who did this to my bank card account. I am also on Social Security and is going to call my bank first thing Monday. I am so angry what kind of company is this and who runs this fraud outfit. How do they know my card number. I did not even go out to the store on that date they stole my money. Is this some kind of Nigerian fraud undercover and how did they get my my number, through the internet? I am so furious next filing a complaint with the FBI.
    Gloria Williams
    [email protected]

• Ka
    kay kilgore Apr 06, 2009

TLG'id secure took $139.99 from my bank account with out my knowledge and I want it put back. I live on social security and do not have the extra money to spend or some one to take it from me. Put the money back

Mrs. Kilgore

• Ka
    Karen Jacobi Nov 15, 2008

My credit cARD was also charged $139 without my knowledge or consent.

• Me
    MERCADIER Christian Nov 15, 2008

My credit card has been charged of $139, 99 without any order from me !