TicketLuck.comPrice Gouging

K

This site charged me over $300 more than the tickets I bought were worth. My only downfall was trusting that TicketLuck.com was charging fair market value. Customer service hid behind the policy that all sales are final. This site is a total scam.

Kati Davis Mar 17, 2009

TicketLuck.com is owned by the For Less Corporation. They also own:
    IXS.net
    Ticketmayor.com
    TicketNest.com
    TicketNest.net

Avoid these sites at all costs.

Kati Davis Mar 24, 2009

Here is a count of someone who has been scammed by Ticket Nest, the same site as Ticket Luck

"i know there are business out there to make money, but this is not in good faith, and warn people they will decieve the buyer"

Joel Mar 30, 2009

They are a scamming company. They need to be stopped. Read this article in my local news in Ohio.

Apparently they are selling tickets for events in this local club, when the club doesn't even sell tickets online. You have to actually go there to purchase them. So, basically they are selling fake tickets for fake and real events.

Kati Davis Apr 10, 2009

"Ticket Luck Discount Code" is a good search that can help reel you the Ticket Luck (http://www.TicketLuck.com) scam.

This company works hard on their search engine rankings so true posts like this don't show up. Unless you want to spend ridiculous prices, don't buy from Ticket Luck - go directly to the venue.

Kati Davis Apr 10, 2009

Here's another article from someone else getting scammed by Ticket Luck (http://www.TicketLuck.com):

Kati Davis Apr 13, 2009

Another article about how TicketLuck (http://www.TicketLuck.com) is selling phony tickets for a ridiculous price:

Kati Davis Apr 13, 2009

Here's another article from 2007 about TicketLuck charging outrageous prices:

(apparently Ticket Luck has been scamming people for quite some time)

Kati Davis Apr 14, 2009

Here's another individual who filed a complaint on Rip-Off:

• Am
    Amy Apr 15, 2009

Customers are sometimes disappointed to find that the face value of the ordered tickets is much lower than the price they paid. However, the prices are set by brokers who themselves acquire and consolidate the tickets through E-Bay, customers selling tickets. These brokers, often add a markup based on demand for the tickets. Our site basically allows the brokers a place to sell the tickets, and therefore our site acts as a marketplace. The actual prices can be considered to be the "market value" of these tickets at any point in time.

Please keep in mind that TicketLuck and its sister websites do not act as PRIMARY sale box office. We only act as intermediary between buyers and ticket brokers. To know how our websites work, please visit following link: http://www.ticketluck.com/how-ticketluck-works.php

Tickets on our websites are posted from secondary ticket market brokers who are reselling them, sometimes, above the face value. It is brokers who determine the sales price for a ticket that depends on such factors as the difficulty and cost of obtaining tickets from the primary sale box office, and price fluctuations etc.

TicketLuck cannot confirm the price of an item until customers order. However, the Fulfilling Brokers do NOT charge credit card until after the ticket has been secured. Despite our best efforts, if any ticket is priced higher than the stated price, the Fulfilling Broker will, at their discretion, contact the customer for instructions before shipping.

Kati Davis Apr 16, 2009

Regardless of who fulfills the tickets and who sets the prices, is TicketLuck.com providing a service of value? No.

Ticket Luck enables scalpers to take advantage of consumers.

Andy Apr 19, 2009

Wow, I almost used this site... but then I realized the the tickets for the concert I wanted weren't even sold out. I would have paid almost twice as much to use this site than just order the tickets from the box office. The tickets sold on this site are not even close to "market price."

Kati Davis Apr 22, 2009

Would a morally responsible company find themselves writing these kinds of public letters in response to being outted by the BBC?

katieekoz Apr 25, 2009

You just need to shop around, I think. I found tickets for $19 at Ticket Luck and they're $50 anywhere else.

mark james Jun 30, 2009

stubhub provides the same service, who come no one is complaining about them?

Kati Davis Jun 30, 2009

well, apparently no one has had a bad experience with stubhub enough to talk about it. Ticket Luck on the other hand has screwed several people. Why are you searching out complaints about Ticket Luck, Mark James? You really created an account just to write that one comment?

• Ti
    Ticketluck Victim Oct 22, 2009

I just fell victim to ticketluck which was my misfortune for the day! It is pathetic that there are vultures out there lurking to take advantage of honest and hard working people who may have acted in haste. Also their organization is so insulated that it is next to impossible to pursue any equity. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Kati Davis Dec 07, 2009

Check out this YouTube video of another person's experience who suggest you should never use Ticket Luck:

Kati Davis Dec 07, 2009

Another user shares their experience here citing how they are overpriced and didn't receive a refund:

Kati Davis Dec 07, 2009

And another user's experience of getting ripped off by ticket luck:

DO NOT USE TICKET LUCK PEOPLE!!!

• 12
    12345678910...angry Dec 08, 2009

Literally they have tickets on their site which are listed for $430. Price from the venue $16.50. I called the venue and the row that they are listing is at the very back of the balcony and hasn't even been bought yet. So as near as I can tell the broker must list the tickets then when they sell go and purchase them from the theater. Ridiculous. Always go to the theater, arena etc.'s website first.

• Ce
    Cel2Girls Jan 15, 2010

Just bought 8 tix for the show Wicked in san fran. not only did i find out after the fact that i could have gotten better seats at a better price, they emailed me AFTER the purchsae stating that the tix won't even be mailed until 5 days before the event. i won't even be her to receive them as i will be in the city for a few days before the show. what a joke! i am now disputing the charge with my c.c company.

Kati Davis Jan 21, 2010

This recent complaint was posted here: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2935&t=5061841 by SDWeltoro

--Ticketluck and Tickets By Gus Unethical - Do Not Use --

I advise you to avoid obtaining tickets via "ticketluck.com" or "Tickets By Gus" online for away games. I obtained 4 tickets to the Missouri - Colorado football game via Tickets By Gus; online. I contracted and paid for tickets in section 216; which would have been around the 25-30 yard line. The tickets I received were in section 215; I did not notice this until late the night before the game, which was to kickoff at 11:30 in the morning Our seats were parallel to the back of the end zone.

When I arrived home I called up Tickets By Gus and received no satisfaction; just excuses and a refusal to make it right. He blamed it all on me for not noticing well beforehand that the section was not right..

A couple of lessons; find tickets elsewhere; perhaps just buy tickets outside the stadium.

The biggest lesson; Tickets By Gus is unethical and makes excuses. Once they have your money you are no better than dirt. I advise all to avoid Tickets By Gus.

By the way, when I ordered the tickets it was via "ticketluck.com." Wound up being filled by tickets by Gus.

Kati Davis Mar 05, 2010

Two new complaints posted:

From margaret:
    "Ticket Luck charged me $450. More than the price of the tickets. Since it was a “trusted” site by McAfee I assumed that they could be trusted. I tried other sites and they were equally shameful. It wasn’t until after I paid for these concert tickets that I realized that they should have been $150 max instead of $650. I wish I would have checked this site to see how other people were affected before I was taken advantage of."

From crawlerfisher:
    ticketluck charged double the face value for nosebleed tickets to a Lakers game.Plus fees. plus shipping.
    This site is no deal. Know that it is on line scalping with price gouging. Buy if it is okay with you to be ripped off by a scalper.

Kati Davis Mar 12, 2010

New complaint post to [redacted]:
    /URL removed/

Buyer beware! You may never get your "guaranteed" tickets...not to mention the price gouging...

On Feb 3, 2010, I ordered 3 tickets for a concert on March 12 through www.ticketluck.com. I got a confirmation email and my credit card was charged $300. The website guarantees my tickets or my money promptly refunded. No refunds initiated by the customer (me) are given.

The same day, I got a 2nd email saying that there was a problem: my tickets were delayed. They would now ship on 3/5/2010. They apologized and reiterated that I was guaranteed to receive my tickets prior to the event.

I waited. No tickets. Still no tickets.

On 3/10, I called TicketLuck to find out where my guaranteed tickets were. They others were having similar trouble and that they were working with the company to get the tickets. They said they would contact me with information within 24 hours. If not, call them.

No contact. I called on 3/11 only to be told that the 2ndary company was no longer using TicketLuck and no tickets would be issued. I was told I should call my credit card company to ask that the money be refunded.

I asked about the guarantee. TL said they were no longer working with the company so the guarantee was void. I mentioned that they were working with the company when my card was charged so it was not void. I asked to speak to a manager. All managers were "busy".

(BTW, this whole time I was very calm and repeatedly said I understood it wasn't the Customer Service Rep's fault)

Finally, the Customer Service Rep gave me the number for the venue and suggested I call there and that it looked like there were tickets still available. Fine. I called. This was not the number to the venue. And tickets were sold out.

I did find out that tickets were selling for closer to $50 than the price gouged $80 and TL.

One of the 2 other people going to the show then checked the TL website. They were still had 9 tickets to the concert listed on their website. Why didn't they substitute these tickets for the ones they had guaranteed and not produced???

I called back and was much more firm. I asked to talk to a manager.
    On break? Hmmmm... yeah right.
    Finally I asked for the manager's voice mail and left a message with a description of the problem, my frustration, and a request that my call be returned. (the CSRep insisted it would be).

No call.

After reading a number of other complaints about TicketLuck, I filed a complaint with the FTC.

• Se
    SEW1085 Jun 03, 2010

BY FAR THE WORST ATTEMPTED TRANSACTION I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. THEY HAE NO CLUE HOW TO RUN A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS. THE LEFT DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT DOES. THEY ARE ALL COCKY AND CONDESCENDING PEOPLE. I HAVE NEVER TRIED SOOOO HARD TO GIVE SOMEONE BUSINESS AND HAVE THE BUSINESS ACTAULLY SCREW IT UP. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT NO ONE USES THIS SITE AND YOU SPEND THE COUPLE EXTRA DOLLARS SOMEWHERE ELSE. ALL THEIR TICKETS ARENT SOLD BY THEM, THEY ARE ALL SOLD BY OTER VENDORS THAT USE THEM TO PUT THEIR TICKETS OUT THERE AND THATS ALL THEY WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU CALL THEM WITH A PROBLEM. WHAT A SCAM!!!

• Me
    Meghan Simpson Aug 09, 2010

Don't buy from ticket luck!!! they charge double the price!!!

• Co
    consumer 001 Sep 30, 2010

Buyer be ware! Ticketluck is a scam. You will definitely find better prices looking elsewhere.

In Indiana, scalping is legal. Legitimate businesses (such as circlecitytickets.com) will invest in tickets and resell them. They employ people locally and have a storefront you can visit and on which they pay rent, taxes, etc.

Ticketluch is an advertising scam that lures you in with low prices for tickets then charges huge service fees. I fell for this crap because I wasn't paying attention at the end of the transaction and paid $30 PER TICKET charge to see The Eagle in concert.

The kicker is that the tickets came through a link from to circlecity.com who made less money for their effort and I paid $22 per ticket more than if I'd been more careful!

• Wa
    Wally Bloss Dec 20, 2010

Note - TicketNest / TicketTriangle / TicketMate have mistaken the name of a venue and are advertising tickets for a location over 100 miles from where events are being held. Specifically they advertised that they have tickets for Crash Test Dummies, Pilobolus, Natalie McMaster etc. at the Ellen Eccles Theatre in Logan UT, when in fact the events are occurring at the George S and Delores Dore Eccles Center for the Arts in Park City UT. Calls left on their voice mail and on-line chats have not caused them to be removed. Plus events that ARE occurring at the Ellen Eccles Theatre they are charging $277 for a $39.50 ticket. Buyer beware! Buy from the theatre, not scam/[censor].

• Li
    lissa ann Mar 09, 2011

if you are disappointed i think i can help you because last time i purchase tickets from thebigtickets.com and i feel very relax with it. I got 10% discount on Taylor swift ticket. Every person his/her has own choice but i suggest you must try. :)

• Be
    bedtimeforbonzofan Oct 02, 2012

"TicketLuck.com is owned by the For Less Corporation"

Yes their TrusTe privacy policy lists ForLess as the owner but ForLess Corporation is part of ConstellationCK (the Verisign seal on the TicketLuck website lists ConstellationCK as the site's owner). ConstellationCK was founded by, and run by a guy named Zafar Khan who is based out of Lahore, Pakistan.

One red flag for TicketLuck is that they use privacy protection to hide the owner of the site on their domain's WHOIS information. If a site or business tries to hide their ownership info on their WHOIS info their is no way I'm giving them my credit card number. Their is absolutely no reason for a legitimate business to hide its domain ownership info with privacy protection on its WHOIS.

• Be
    bedtimeforbonzofan Oct 02, 2012

I forgot to mention this in my previous post (and there is no edit button here) but before anyone even thinks of purchasing from TicketLuck you might want to google the "corporate headquarters" Carlsbad address TicketLuck lists on their website. Zillow, Trulia, and Home.com both show that TicketLuck's address is a small 1-family house in a residential neighborhood in Carlsbad not an office building. How many legitimate "corporations" operate out of a tiny house instead of an office???

from zillow: "This 1249 square foot single family home has 3 bedrooms and 2.0 bathrooms..."

No wonder they hide their ownership info on their domain WHOIS records.