Having problems with Xperience Days?

+1 866 973 7436 (United States)
+44 845 862 9911 (United Kingdom)
404 Oak Street, Suite 101, PO Box 774865
Fri9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

la jolla kayaking & snorkeling adventure for two

Be very careful about doing business with this company, they are the absolute worst! This company ruined by birthday experience, and gave me no acceptable options to reschedule my experience. When I've called them up they tried to shake me out of an additional $20 and gave me a 15min to pay them! When I tried to talk to the manager which was even more rude and inconsiderate than her employee I've spoke to earlier she straight up told me she doesn't care about me as a customer and if I don't pay her $20 she'll render my tickets invalid after which she hung up the phone. If you'd like to deal with a company that doesn't care about you in any shape or form and tries to blackmail you instead of help you go ahead an and use their service.. Companies like this one should not exist in this day and age. I sincerely hope I can prevent another person falling victim to this thieves they will ruin your experience and keep your money with a smile unless you pay them even more than what you've already have.

Cannot use the gift certificate I bought

I purchased a walking tour gift for my husband for his birthday a few years ago. I chose to receive the...

Lost Gift Certificate

My daughter purchased me a $50 gift certificate. This in itself was a bad idea because the gift certificate must be used for a limited number of primarily group activities. You don't really get a certificate; you get an email that tells you how to redeem. Several months later I tried to locate the email and I apparently deleted it accidentally. According to the company, there is NO WAY I can now redeem the certificate. I'm just out of luck. What a rip-off, what a scam. There must be a huge number of people that do something similar. This company will be enormously popular until people catch on and then it will sink like a rock. What ###. BTW - My daughter can provide the purchase number and they must know it has not been redeemed.

$2,000 for a piece of paper ina Gift Box

Unable to get refund

My kids purchased a certificate for us to go on a sailing experience on a boat in Lake Michigan for $110. It...

Scam

This is a scam!

I ordered the private hot air balloon ride for my boyfriend's birthday. I tried to schedule it and was told it was booked for the next 2 months! I emailed again to schedule when it got warm again and was told (after following up several times when I did not get a response) that the private rides were no longer available on the weekend (even though they were when I ordered it). Over several email exchanges they were extremely rude and would not refund my full purchase price. I finally called and the woman (Chrissy) was horribly rude to me and then hung up on me! I called back and asked to speak to her supervisor. She said she was "not there" but would send me to her voicemail. I left and message and never heard anything back.

HORRIBLE customer service and down right unethical! What kind of company changes the terms of what it offers and refuses to refund your money??? I've never had a company be so rude and awful to me that I was literally shaking when I got off the phone. Do not buy from them - you will regret it!

RUDE, no customer service

I'm in the UK and tried to buy a certificate for a friend moving to the US. At the end of the process I was charged $5 for land delivery of the certificate to a US address, despite the fact I do not have a US address for it to be delivered to. I sent them an email asking to have the $5 refunded to my credit card and suggesting that they change their forms so that other overseas customers are not put off. I got a rude reply back saying it would be sent to my UK address so I replied and said I don't need land delivery, and I would like my $5 back. They then sent me a rude email and cancelled the order altogether. Clearly they have no respect for customers and I only wish I'd searched this site first as clearly they don't care about how they treat customers.

Rip Off

This company is a scam. They contract with a bunch of locals across the country who would offer the same product for much less and then rack up the price. Their customer service agents are rude and they are deceptive in their business practices. They offer packages through American Express Rewards, but you will quickly find out from them that the certificate you purchase will only be good for HALF of what you need for the experience, and the other half will be quite expensive. You also won't be able to use your AmEx points for the other half since you can only purchase one certificate per cardmember. Great example: Hot Air Balloon Ride with champagne toast at the end - your AmEx points purchase will actually only get you ONE PERSON on the Balloon, you will have to fork out another $199 for the other person! How are you supposed to have a champagne toast alone? Toasting the operator? Total scam.

• Ad
    AdeD Mar 15, 2011

This doesn't sound like a scam to me. It sounds like you purchased a trip for one person using your Amex Points and that is what you got. $199 seems quite reasonable for the addition of another flight. Wouldn't it make sense simply requesting that Amex allow you to purchase a voucher for two people rather than one?

Certificate Unredeemable / Terrible Service

SCAMMERS!!!

I purchased a gift certificate for Valentines Day (back in Jan '10) and as of today (Aug 27 '10) I still haven't been able to redeem it. It's only valid for 1 year. I've been trying for 6 months to take the Lunch Train and I haven't been able to. With each request I provide 3 dates I'd be open to, and EVERY TIME they have "canceled" my request. On top of canceling my request, they do it without notifying. I get an email when I put IN the request, but conveniently for them, they don't notify me telling me it's been canceled. The 1st time this happened to me I called them politely and asked what happened. They said that my dates weren't available and that they sent me an email notification regarding the cancellation. I insisted I got no such email. They insisted I did. A month later I tried again. For 4 days straight I put in request after request for every weekend in the summer. Each and every time I got a cancellation. Within just a few hours.
Even tonight!! I tried again. I put in a request at 8pm PST with 3 different dates ranging from Oct-Nov-Dec and by 9pm PST the website was showing my request canceled.
I sent them an email via their website telling them that I think they're scammers... They're dragging out my certificate until I hit the 1 year mark of having it so they can say I didn't redeem in time and then keep my money.

This company is a fraud and is just taking people's money. These guys should be shut down. They need to be put out of business.

STAY AWAY!!!

• Al
    Alena Nicole Jun 18, 2012

Just wanted to say BEWARE of this Company www.Xperiencedays.com, I am the one who gave a Gift Certificate to my friend for nearly $2, 000 and he never could use it, BECAUSE as per this Company IT EXPIRED!!!, even though at the time of purchase and now it says all over their
    website:
    "Gift Certificates do not expire and can be redeemed at any time
    allowing the gift recipient the freedom to enjoy their experience at any time
    in future."

...how does it sound? Promising, right?

BUT this company took my money and over the phone they keep telling me that the rules have been
    changed almost right after I have purchased one?!?!?
    Now, who likes to be ripped off just I like was and look in front of your friend, whom you gave a
    gift of a lifetime experience, like a lair, or which ever you can be called for
    such a "joke-gift".

BEWARE of this company!!!

Terrible Customer Service/Unprofessional communications/ Misrepresentation

My Husband and I tired to use your service to go on a whale watching trip for our one year wedding...

rude customer service

I just got off the phone with one of Xperience Days customer service representatives and she was not very...

False advertisement

I purchased through Xperience Day a Brunch Cruise for Valentine's Day ( I was celebrating also my wedding Anniversary). My husband love to be on the water. I don't care being on the water but I love dancing (he does not). Xperience Day was advertising this Brunch Cruise with entertainment and dancing so I tought it would be perfect for my husband and I. Althought the buffet brunch was good, it was very limited. They were serving all you can drink champagne (again good for my husband but I don't drink). What a disapointement when music never started! There were no dancing! I paid $150 for that very limited brunch and cruise in circle around the marina! The cruise line staffs were nice and give me a small discount on what I would have to additionnally pay for a music cruise...it would be at night not so nice for my husband. Xperience Day refused to refound me anything! I consider it was a rip off! In all the Xperience Day publicity website they kept repeating fun entertainment and dancing and even on their follow up link to post a review on my "experience" they continued to say Entertainment/ Dancing Brunch Cruise!!! Be Careful when reserving any activity with them!

Xperience days RIP OFF & RUDEST ever customer service

This is a RIP OFF and customer service is the RUDEST ever!! We had ordered a flight lesson in Morristown, NJ...

Never got experience

Me and my friend purchased an Xperience day for our friend. He was supposed to go the city for a day as a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices