The Salvation Army USAfausley & unprofessionally accused of tampering with tags

M Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:

On December 1, 2017, at approximately 5:35 PM, after an hour and a half of shopping, I was both UNPROFESSIONALLY and FALSELY accused of "tampering with tags" by Guthrude, whom identified herself as a supervisor, at your Redford location. I call this location my home location, because it's the Salvation Army store in which I frequent the most.

Guthrude rung up over 50 items, mainly clothing and brick, which were buy one/get one free (via a FB post) before coming across two items for $0.49 and $0.69 to accuse me of "tampering with tags." I was so EMBARRASSED while standing in line! Other customers in line/in the store were all starring at me. I've never been SO humiliated in my entire life!!!

When I shop at stores like Von Maur, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Lane Bryant, Torrid and other mid/high-end establishments, I never endure such treatment, lack of respect and/or humiliation. Even other thrifting establishments such as Grace Centers of Hope, Goodwill and St. Vincent treat me with more dignity and respect and they see me less often.

NEVER in my life have I been accused of such a degrading thing! Even Guthrude's colleague, another supervisor, whom always shows customer appreciation when I go into the store, apologized and offered me a $20 store credit (and she wasn't even the offended). She even mentioned how often I frequent the store and alluded to the notion that "tampering with tags" isn't my character.

I informed Guthrude that I spent over $20, 000 at Salvation Army ALONE this year and showed her bank statements on my phone to prove it. So, how DARE she accuse me of such a thug-life thing as "tampering with tags." I have class, style and grace (and look like it). I'm HIGHLY OFFENDED!

I wasted an hour and a half in the store only to leave out empty-handed and HUMILIATED. In addition to that, I missed out on the buy one/get one free promotion. Furthermore, my integrity was compromised and questioned. Something needs to be done IMMEDIATELY to rectify this matter.

I tried to work this out in-store (and not via an online complaint) when I asked to speak with a supervisor or manager. But, Guthrude rudely told me she was THE supervisor. When I asked for the manager's name/contact; she wouldn't give it to me. That, too, is unprofessional.

In closing, I'd like to make it known that Guthrude always has a nasty disposition when I come into the store. She's very short, rude and disrespectful to me (and other customers). I understand having a bad day every now and then, but she's ALWAYS cold-natured, tight-lipped and rude.

Below, you will find photos of some of the items I was accused of "tampering with" in addition to a photo of the employee in which I'm speaking of.

I can shop anywhere, so I REFUSE to be a victim of false accusations at a place where I shop the most and spend THOUSANDS of dollars annually. I'm expecting an immediate reply and compensation.

Former Redford SA Customer,
[removed]

Contact:
[removed]

Dec 20, 2017

it is sad that a few give a bad name to a good-cause organization, need to be weeded out, after unbiased investigation.

• M
      Dec 20, 2017

@shahid haque Actually they have me on tape, and they want me to confess that I was tampering with the tags. They are threatening to press charges of theft if I do not admit to the truth. They are bullying me into confessing. Though I did tamper with the tags they did not have to embarrass me the way that they did. They could have talked to me quietly. I still want compensation from them for the embarrassment that they caused. Though It tampered with the tags they could have handled it differently.

Dec 20, 2017

The real point is "false accusations", accusations may be considered false until proven otherwise.

Dec 20, 2017

Yes you are right about "she claims" to have spent 20, 000, it may or may not be true, though I think it has no nexus with the "false accusations",

Dec 21, 2017

It says, "Though I did tamper with the tags", " they have me on tape", "admit to the truth", these are self-explanatory. It seems that the "false" removed from "false-accusations", unless there are some other facts that I am not aware of. In face of this the demand of compensation seems to be a ridiculous proposition.