Having problems with Public Storage?

Public Storage Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 567 0759 (Existing Customers)
+1 888 797 6980 (Modify Reservations)
+1 866 444 4747 (Pay By Phone)
701 Western Avenue
Thu5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Public Storage Customer Service. Initial Public Storage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Public Storage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Public Storage. Discuss the issues you have had with Public Storage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Public Storage Complaints & Reviews

Mar 04, 2021

Public Storage — Customer service, inconsistent communication

This is pertaining to the service on Red Hill in Irvine the address on 16700 red hill ave. Irvine, CA...

Jan 23, 2021

Public Storage — Customer service

1/23/2021 I currently have a storage in Denver, with Extra Storage Space. I'm moving to Lakewood. I...

Public StorageOver charging and poor Customer service

I have had 3 units at the facility in Newburgh IN. When I started using them it was locally owned. As soon as PS took over thy changed the way they bill, they overcharged me because I had been pro rated and then one day they decide to bill first of each month and no prorating. Tried to move out on the 1st and they refused to refund my money. I told them I moved out and was not paying another full month and they threatened to block my access to my other 2 units. In addition to that they continued to bill me for 3 more months because they said I didn't give them notice. This happened with 2 of my 3 units.
A manager did credit a late fee and try to call me. I tried to call back but lost the number. When I asked the local person working there she would only give me an 800#.
This was 24/7 access when I moved in and they cut the hours 6am-9pm. That doesn't work for me because I work from 8- 7 so in the dark it's hard to see so it takes longer.
I got my unit online and given a very budget friendly monthly rent but the girl in the office was mad because I complained so she raised my rate higher than what the normal rate would have been. She also began monitoring me and sent me a nasty letter saying they caught me staying at my unit past 9pm.
I will be moving out of this disgusting place as soon as the weather warms up. They are nothing more than thugs and the on site Mgr is one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. I want my money back from charging me a total of 5 extra months. I did not plan on paying but they cut my lock off the 1 unit I still have and said they would auction it off if I didn't pay. Again, they were making me pay for my previous units that I had moved out of months ago. I had no choice so I had to pay.
If you don't pay your bill by 1st of month you get a $20 fee. Not even enough decency to give you a grace period.

Oct 26, 2020

Public Storage — Damaged storage door

I have complaint about my door for over a month and no one has fixed my storage unit. I pay $174.00 a month I...

Aug 31, 2020

Public Storage — Refusal to follow federal scra act for military families

Public storage in Coral Springs, FL continues to charge for late, lien fees, & rent tax in violation of...

Public StorageI can't believe the ridiculous customer service I got from this public storage

When I walked in public storage no greeting from the reprsenative at all. This person has no business working with the public at all. I had to say i'm paying for strorage today. The representative said I was at the incorrect location. I said this is 8989 westhimer correct then she said yes. I said I have reservation. I advised the property manager she didn't care. I gave her my money and she was unable to give me my chnage back because she said property manager was at bank. This is what public starage is about unprofessionalism wow. I had to send my husband to get my change. The manager didnt take anything off my bill. She said she was at the bank like I owed her something. Then I went back to public storage the same rep was there she had to show me how to put key lock on she rolled her eyes. She went to take the lock off and didnt show me anything. I need the corporate manager to call me asap concerning this riduculous behavior

May 14, 2020

Public Storage — Wrongful auction of my personal belongings

I've tried for a couple of years to get ahold of you but never heard back from you or anyone else'...

Apr 21, 2020

Public Storage — Unit rental

I missed one payment due to the pandemic/ Coronavirus. Public Storage sent us an email and letter threatening...

Dec 12, 2019

Public Storage — roanoke. virginia

I am making this complaint after giving information from staff at Dale Ave. S.E., (Kim & Mary), when...

Nov 22, 2019

Public Storage — public storage

My belongings were sold on October 23, 2019. I was notified by Email on the 24 of October. I spoke to a staff...

Public Storageinsurance

I'm being charged first insurance through your company when I have private insurance, which I submitted proof of when I began renting years ago. Back in July I had to downsize for financial reasons, so I transferred to a smaller unit. When my transfer was processed the person at the desk did not annotate that that I already have insurance, so every since July I have been billed for public storage insurance. I would like to have this issue resolved (I.e. remove insurance from my bill and deduct insurance payments already made from next bill as well as anything else that can be done for inconveniencing a loyal and long time customer), so as it doesn't cause anymore financial strain upon me. My name is Catrina Jackson-Boone, my storage facility is located in Miami Gardens Florida and my phone number is [protected].

Nov 01, 2019

Public Storage — staff

All the stuff there are very rude, they are quick to kick people out before they close but when it's time to...

Oct 25, 2019

Public Storage — auction unit without proper response

Hello I am writing this in regards of a unit that I have account number [protected] my name is Doris Littlejohn...

Jul 04, 2019

Public Storage — service

This place is good location 300 Treat Ave, San Francisco, CA the Problem is the Team.. they Open 9:30 am...

Public Storageoverbilling practices and premature setting of auctions

On May 16, 2019, I went online to my Public Storage account at the Orange Park, FL location to pay my monthly fee for May 2019. Attached is a copy of my account showing that a balance of $303.42 was due immediately and that an auction date of June 25, 2019 had been scheduled on my unit. I telephoned the storage unit and spoke with an individual that gave me the following explanation: "On May 31, 2019, June's fees would be assessed and an auction would be scheduled on past due rentals." I asked this individual why on May 16 (today) June billing had already been assessed and was "due immediately" and why was there already an auction scheduled for June 25, 2019?" No answer was provided. I have included the necessary screenshots of my account showing this illegal billing practice of applying rents before they were due; threatening a customer of an auction; and already scheduling an auction for the next month before that billing cycle is due. I have this date filed a simultaneous complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have given notice to the Public Storage office that we will be vacating the unit on May 31, 2019.

overbilling practices and premature setting of auctions

Public StorageI cancelled my unit day of arrival and emptied, girl did not record on my record.

I went in on March 30, 2019, after slipping and falling on ice on the way into office because of no salt on side walk. i mentioned you need salt out there and by units which are always icy. She laughed and said yeah. I then proceeded to tell her i was clearing out unit and asked when she wanted to do walk through, She said "Just let me know when your out". I left this place because of the icy conditions, two slips and falls, mice in unit and poor customer service.

Now you send me a letter from Allied Interstate saying you will accept $64.50 on a unit your employee failed to follow through on her job and cancel. And next day going in again for walk through, the other girl, who is always rude, doesnt question anything, looks it up and says, "Oh you owe a month" WHAT??

This is the worst place and I would never use again You dont even have a trash bin unlocked for the use of customers And why is the gate open 24-7?? Isnt that a little dangerous for your customers at night? i will be putting this on yelp, reporting your agency to BBB, good thing I have a good friend that works there, and am going to seek legal advice. Just wanted to give you another heads up. Hopefully someone will do their job this time and read it. I called your Management Office THREE TIMES, left messages and not one response. Your company is pitiful.

• Updated by Delia Reyes · May 11, 2019

Worst business practices ever, overcharge, disrepectful!

May 09, 2019

Public Storage — storage fees and other charges that have no right charging

Yes, so the public storage in lakewood wa. Had said that I made a payment on april 30, 2019 which I did they...

Public Storagecustomer service I received from property manager on 99th holmes kcmo 64114

The property manager at the store in kcmo of 99th and Holmes is rude and unsympathetic I get that you have to pay or you lose your items but he was so rude to me. And he made it like there was no way I could get help with the balance I was laying on on time for almost a year I lost my job and fell behind. He was just so mean to me he I'm not asking for the whole balance to be gone I'm just asking for some sort of payment plan but he said i was trying to argue and I wasn't please let me know if there is option for me I don't have the amount due upfront but I'm willing to make payments I just paid 339 in march

Apr 16, 2019

Public Storage — overcharging, excessive fees, ridiculous auction policy

This company charges 20% late fees and cares nothing for customer service or loyalty. I am paying double what...

Jan 24, 2019

Public Storage — safety and bad management

Management are rude and very unfriendly locking me out of property cause I was locked in overnight and it wa...