The History Channelamerican pickers

R

To Whom Well great job, Narrating the American Pickers program ?? " Mike pulls in a driveway " " Frank and Mike look down " " The American Pickers logo is on TV." What do you think ? that all your Audience are Blind ? and that we can't see what's going on ? You've made one of your best shows not watchable ! Great job ! No one needs you to tell them what going on when they can see it ( it's Television not Radio ). so until it's changed back you've lost me as a Viewer. P Cook

• Re
    reviewer 60000 Feb 17, 2016

I totally agree that the new unneeded narration on some of my favorite shows like Pawn Stars, Counting Cars and American Pickers is so annoying that I can't even watch them anymore.Who decided we are all blind?

• Lm
    Lmcg May 09, 2019

@reviewer 60000 I’ve quit watching Pickers, because of the irritating narration! The above post is over 3 years old, is anyone out there reading? Or are you waiting for a narrator?

• Bi
    Bill Reeves May 22, 2016

Who is the idiot that came up with that idea...narration of something I can see????? Loved this program and now can't watch it anymore...thanks a lot.

• Lo
    Lomein Nov 16, 2016

The narrator is the most annoying...we cringe when he speaks...the most inane comments "caption..." "Mike and Frank pull into the driveway", and on and on. Do you think the audience is stupid. We turn it off immediately when the narrator comes on...rather watch the older shows. GET RID OF HIM!

• Fa
    Fallingputt Jun 05, 2017

PLEASE STOP WITH THE STUPID NARRATOR ON MY FAVORITE SHOW, AMERICAN PICKERS. WHO MADE THAT DECISION? VERY LAME.

• Ri
    Richard Miller1 Jul 17, 2017

worst programming ever...im done with HC

• N2
    N2Snow Jul 20, 2017

The current History Channels programming with shows such as American Pickers and Pawn Stars is ruining the channel...It is hard enough the watch one episode in a 24 hour period, much less back to back shows all day long...I can not believe the History Channel can not do better than that...It shows a lack of effort on their part to put quality shows on the History Channel.

• Ra
    Randy Enyeart Aug 21, 2017

PLEASE STOP WITH THE STUPID NARRATOR

• Wh
    WhatYes Feb 07, 2018

Agree with all these comments. Pickers used to be one of my favorite shows. Now I'm just about done watching it. Way to ruin a great series, HC. It's okay to admit you made a mistake with the annoying and unnecessary narration and to get rid of it. And, ironically, I DO voiceovers professionally for a living and wouldn't want to hear my OWN voice butting into this show.

• Ro
    Robin Steck Bowman May 20, 2018

Please stop with the redundant narration you are ruining the show we elect to watch something else when the show is narrated. That was the most stupid idea ever. The question remains WHY?

• Cg
    cgurley Jun 03, 2018

waste of network money to have narrator on what was my favorite program (american pickers). do not need to have someone tell me what i am seeing. i totally agree that this is a stupid idea.

• Wd
    WDaniel Jun 12, 2018

I will definitely stop watching all these programs. Let me know when the stupidity will stop.

Mamamell Aug 30, 2018

Narration on these shows are ruining your channel.

Mamamell Aug 30, 2018

Please stop with the annoying narration

• Li
    Lillyjeanne Sep 03, 2018

I wonder how many people need to post on this site before the History Channel lessons get rid of the narrator on my four favorite shows. We are not blind or stupid you are

• To
    Tommyd614 Sep 19, 2018

Remember the old saying "if it is not broke don't fix it"...what a ridiculous choice to have a narrator...what GENIUS decided the shows need one...I am done till there is no narration...Tom from Wisconsin

• De
    Deborah Alyne Christy Sep 28, 2018

Considering the oldest comments are from 2016, I'm not sure anyone is listening.

Johnny Reb Dec 02, 2018

The same irritating superfluous commentary is inserted withing Turner Classic Movies, literally destroying the original content of great movies such as "The African Queen" and "Casablanca". It's a scandal and an outrage. My wife and I hate it.
    There must be some tacit assumption by some moronic drone in management with a room temperature IQ that people are too incredibly stupid to see with their own eyeballs what is going on. I know the average IQ on this crazy ass planet is circling the drain (think "Trump"), probably at about 85 now, but surely we don't need to be informed that "Ralph is now kissing Rose" or "Jack turned on the lights". This is the dumbest most demeaning thing I've seen in years and the dim bulb who came up with this bullshit ought to be taken to the firing squad.

Mary Schad Dec 06, 2018

Please stop this annoying commentary on some of my favorite shows!

• Ta
    Tami07 Dec 06, 2018

We are not stupid. Don't need narrator. take her off, or we are done.

• Ld
    Ldollar Dec 20, 2018

I absolutely hate American Pickers! Where can I go, or send a message, to have this terrible show eradicated?

• Ba
    Barb Rockwell Dec 29, 2018

I agree, stop with the stupid narrating! Won't watch until it's changed back!!

• Ca
    Carla Tenney Jan 29, 2019

Way to go, ruining these shows how freaking annoying. Stop the narrating we aren’t blind!

• Ac
    acrago Feb 02, 2019

I can’t stand the narration on all of History channels shows!!! Who on earth thought it was a good idea?! You can’t even hear what’s actually going on!

• Ta
    Tassie123 Mar 30, 2019

The narrators or "voiceovers" on American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Project Blue Book are awful! There must be a way to make these optional for vision impaired people. I can't watch these shows anymore because of these beyond annoying voices! Please stop it!!!

• Do
    Doc Bush May 12, 2019

I am so tired of looking at episode description and have it listed as”NEW” and watch the first 5 minutes to see it’s a re-run I have quit watch period and I’ll wager a month of my retirement HC could careless.

• Dr
    Dr.David Myers May 16, 2019

I am fed up !

You repeat some scenes 2, sometimes 4 times in a half hour show! you might have 15-18 minutes of actual new viewing !

I THINK GREED HAS TAKEN OVER THE HISTORY CHANNEL !

I WILL BE WATCHING MANY MORE VIDEOS

HISTORY IS NOW HISTORY TO ME !!

• Pa
    PaulaAnn Jul 09, 2019

The narrator on the shows, American Pickers, Counting Cars and Pawn stars is stupid. Needs to be stopped. Makes the shows not enjoyable to watch. Please take it away

• St
    Stacy VanderHulst May 23, 2020

Here we are in 2020 and the people have been telling you, History Channel, for YEARS to get rid of that intrusive, unnecessary and FREAKING ANNOYING voice stupidly narrating all the once-upon-a-time good shows like Pickers and Counting Cars. When I hear that "voice", I break my neck to turn the channel!!! Sorry Mike and Frank!

• De
    Debbie lavazza Jul 12, 2020

All us normal humans don't need this...wait another 30 years when the millennials need everything spelled out for them...we are not ALL Joe Biden's.