Complaints & Reviews

ancient aliens

Hi I'm rob from rockport tx I love the history Chanel but I'm just sick I mean sick of listening to the freaken ancient aliens experts talk about the alien's did this the alien's did that OK I know these guys have to make a living but damb enough is enough is enough for the love of god o I forgot their is no god the alien's did it really guys I love the history Chanel to death but I'm just about to lose your number if you can't find better programming I know you can I've seen it so well that's it thanks.

• La
    Lanny Tracker Oct 01, 2019

I'm with Rob about ancient aliens. Enough is enough!!! Please get back to the great programming you once had...

NoMoreTrashshows Feb 29, 2020

I could not agree more! This show has worn out its welcome and is nothing but pure speculative crap!

wil willis, forged in fire

I have contacted you through email regarding Wil Willis' conduct on his Instagram page a number of times, but have never received any response.
His conduct is beyond belief, attacking commenters with childish aggression and hate, on a public forum.
To believe History Channel condones his actions is both disappointing and disgusting.
As I have sent you emails only to be ignored, why?
Apparently, Forged in Fire and the History Channel approve of Wil Willis' conduct.
Unfortunate that you show no respect to your viewers.

K George Brown

Bloggers will be informed next, it's a very long list.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kim Brown
Date: September 9, 2019 at 1:23:06 AM PDT
To: [protected]@aenetworks.com
Subject: Wil Willis/Forged in Fire

Hello,
Two days ago I was looking at Wil Willis' Instagram page, and watched his post on a distracted driver (I would direct you to the exact post, but I'm blocked so I can't, but look for one of his latest videos with his hair blowing in his car).
Myself and others commented to him that driving beside another driver on a highway while ranting about the other driver while filming himself with his cellphone was also distracted driving. I'll point out here that he's driving his Chevy Nova "hot rod", far from a minivan in power.
Rather than trying to appreciate that filming yourself with a cellphone while driving is both dangerous and illegal, he decided to attack everyone who pointed out this fact.
Both his aggression, anger and hate increased throughout his post, yet the only thing any of us were saying is that he was also driving dangerously.
In the end, just before he blocked me on IG, he gave me the title of "Captain [censored] on the fun", and told myself and a woman we should leave his IG.
Now, I'm far from a snowflake in both attitude and age, so being blocked is far from a bother. But...
His needless aggression and anger were entirely uncalled for, as he only displayed more hate as the post continued. As I was curious if he was the same elsewhere, I went to his comment on Facebook:

In this FB post, please note that the woman was only talking about the waste of food (meat), but rather than simply saying the meat was donated, he went to length to tell the woman exactly what kind of person he considered her to be.
The same aggression as he displays on Instagram, now, wether he is happy or not, he's a spokesman for Forged in Fire AND the History Channel, and attacking the fans with what can only be called immature aggression is troubling. As he doesn't differentiate between a ten year old or an eighty year old with his attacks, his conduct is simply... sick.
He seems very happy to be a celebrity and have people believe he's wonderful, yet his real personality is openly displayed on social media, and his egotistical aggression and outright hate are not in any form muted. Either the History Channel or Forged in Fire don't monitor their "stars" social media, or you're both happy to have Willis attacking fans of your show and fully condone his attacking the very people who make your show popular (personally I'm going with option two).
Now, I have little interest that Willis blocked me, but, his conduct, on public forums is entirely unacceptable, he's hosting a show where he aggressively attacks fans for no actual reason. Again, if you haven't gotten hate mail from angry parents, it will be coming.
Now, I will point out that I love Forged in Fire, it's an excellent show, and I have absolutely no issues with the judges or any contestants, they're all great fun.
But, as a result of Willis' very troubling aggression, I will be contacting media outlets and bloggers about Willis, people need to understand who the face of Forged in Fire is when the cameras turn off. This type of action simply cannot be allowed to be unknown, as there are a lot of kids who watch this show and think he's "cool".
No one should be represented a "family" show like this while the host aggressively attacks fans.
Love the show, but people should know about your hate filled, aggressive host and what he really thinks of it's fans.
If his aggression is History Channel approved, I'm canceling my subscription.

K George Brown

having to pay to watch/catch up on "vikings"

I already subscribe to your network through my Cox Cable programming. I use the On Demand feature frequently to re-watch and catch up on my favorite shows. I find it appalling that you realize how popular a program like "Vikings" is and decide to make up pay to see back episodes on a channel we already subscribe to. Even HBO and STARZ (premium channels!) let you watch "Game of Thrones" or "Outlander" On Demand if you are a network subscriber!

american pickers

I've always enjoyed American Pickers. I think Frank and Mike are great - the communicate a real warmth and kindness as they go about looking for stuff. I've always, however, felt uncomfortable with their lack of understanding when appreciating American folk art that is of Indians or African-Americans. Mike talks about an old Indian statue exuding nobility, but has he bothered to ask whether Native Americans feel respected by this old "art" that trades off a white narrative of "Indian-ness" while simulataneously stealing their land? I admit, though, I turned the other way, because I enjoyed them so much. No longer. Know this: for a lot of Americans, including Native Americans, People of Color, and lot of women, a MAGA had is a sign of danger. When you see one, go the other danger. Someone who wears one may or may not agree with that sheer and real violence that often accompanies the people who wear these hats, but if you are a vulnerable person, you aren't going to take chances. I promise you, a lot of people watched American Pickers the other night, felt a shudder of fear, and turned off the channel, and won't return. You owe us all an apology. We don't suffer the delusion that American Pickers - or any other "reality show" - is a raw depiction of American life. There is a lot of directing and editing. In that light, it would have been easy to say "You want to be on the show? Our viewers may be offended by your hat, and so you have to take it off." I am baffled by the production decision to include it. Either y'all are dangerously uninformed, or you agree with the hat's underlying message. Count me out. I won't be watching anymore.

ancient aliens s14 e9 “reptilian agenda”

At the close of the episode Giorgio A. Tsoukalos made the comment: "The Christians are awaiting for the return of Jesus. The Jews are waiting for the return of the Messiah. The Islamic community is waiting for the return of Muhammad. The idea of this return did not originate with any of those religious figures, but it, in fact, originated with the promise by extraterrestrials that they would return in the future. "
Muslims are not awaiting the return of the prophet Muhammad they are like Christians awaiting the return of Jesus the prophet known to Muslims as Isa. This a huge mistake on the history channel's part and the not the first time has it misrepresented the Islamic faith. There is not a single Muslim who believe in the return of the man known as Muhammad. Please issue a correction for this, for many people rely solely on media like the history channel for factual information. I would hope I'm the future your guest's comments are fact checked before bypassing editing.

The Go Compare Ad where there is a picture of a deceased woman being held on a country road and then the car crashes into a fallen tree and ends up upside down.
I find this totally distasteful. I have lost two members of my family to RTA's one of which involved a tree on the road. I'm sure I cannot be the only person whom this affects.
I would ask that this be removed from your otherwise excellent channel.
Thank you.

jesus: his life

I decided to video tape and watch this special series. Most of it was really really good and relatively accurate based on my reading the NT. I've been through the NT many many times. I was disappointed in the some of the theories by the liberal theologians suggesting that some of the stories were concocted by the writers (particularly Luke) or that they were inaccurate. How they concocted their own radical theories we'll never know but to the uninformed or unread, their wild suggestions certainly could undermine confidence in the accuracy of the Bible, which is what most liberal theologians are trying to do today. Some of the pastors and others you used were awesome and had really great insights.
Because Christians generally are peaceful loving people, pot shots at the Bible are fairly common-place today because there are no ramifications to shooting at Christians and their beliefs. I would suppose if you did a similar series on Mohammad, you'd have to walk much more carefully due to their much more radical and defensive nature of their beliefs. Nevertheless, thanks for putting this series on. It really was overall very informational to non-believers and lite Christians.

the food that built america aired aug 22, 2019

This seems to be an interesting series BUT the 'so called music' is so LOUD that it nearly drowns out the narration! WHY can't those who record/make these programs realize the NARRATION is way more important than any music...which by the way should be described as "background music." Even the closed caption indicates it is excessive! We use CC so we can turn down the annoying NOISE! We would rather hear the narrator/actors clearly but their voices are almost drowned out.

In the past we've watched other programs that erred in this same way: American Pickers, Ariel America and there were others. Our reaction if the problem is not resolved? ...We stop watching! I doubt your sponsors would be happy to hear our solution.

As to the content of the program, it seems to be overly melodramatic in the portrayal of the main characters. I doubt they were all as hot headed and underhanded as presented. I'll be interested to view the one on Milton Hershey. I have quite a lot of personal information on him and will be curious if you portray him in the same manner. Kaye and Tom Yarrison

ancient alien commentator

Please remove David Wilcock from your show. I just saw that he made statements that the 911 victims were captured and are being held in some underground facility. What the hell! Wilcock said "...they landed and then they were resuscitated... then brought into underground bases working and never going to see the light of day again". Get him off ANY show.

ancient alien commentator

History app “Alone” TV show

Hello. Recently, we switched to a Kindle Fire Stick. We love it. When we use it, the only app that gives u...

swamp people

I would like to know why you guys cut Frenchy and Gee from Swamp people and leave less popular people on the show? Is it because they are not one of Troy Landry's kiss ass? you can not say they are not popular and when you did film them the were on like a few mins and they you have the nerve to put kojack (Ronnie and Ashley on almost every show and no one can stand them and i am sure you left them on this season and more of Troy cronies!! It should be the people choice since we are the ones who watch the show who stays and who go not go by what someone who thinks the show is about him! you are going to lose a lot of fans i am sure i will not be the only one writing in ! its not about how many followers a person has because if that was the case Bruce would still be on the show its people who are likable and the only real fisherman on the show was Willie and Frenchy and Gee.

history channel

On your channel the program FORGED IN FIRE Aired on 09/08/19 the channel showed a pig being hanged up side...

strongest men in history

I am complaining about the worlds strongest men in history. The episode about william bankier carrying 450lb sack. The US strongest men are saying because of his height 5'6" it is impossible. I'm not saying I can lift 450lb sand bags but I am 5'7" and can pick up well over my weight of 230 by the way I am also Scottish. Lifting heavy things is in our blood and I have been challenged many of times to pickup 300 to 500lbs things ( including wood burning stoves or 8ft 24in round logs out of the woods). I feel like because it is difficult for them doesn't mean it cannot be done.

programming

How do you call yourselves "History Channel"? I recall a time when your programming consisted of actual historical documentaries and content. You have embarrassed yourselves by dribbling this mindless trash, ie Counting Cars, American Pickers, Pawn Stars... This is reality television and has no business being referred to as "history". Please stand by your convictions and return to the programming that made your channel a mainstay throughout my childhood and adolescence. Your choice in material throughout the 1990s and early 2000s contributed to my pursuit of a history degree. What do you expect youth to gain from the programming that you are spewing now? Perhaps how to haggle a farmer for a rusty oil can from the 1950s instead of relaying the importance of the civil rights movement, slavery in America, or how a small British colony took on the greatest superpower of its time to gain independence and create the first democracy in thousands of years. This is a plea for our youth. You have a responsibility as programmers to mold these young minds, please do it right and return to your roots.

wrong information popped up on an episode of pawn stars.

Recently I watched an episode of Pawn Stars titled "Demon of a Deal". During this episode, a Dale Earnhardt jacket came into the shop. During an informational pop up, it said Dale Earnhardt died instantly in the Indy 500. This was very wrong. Dale Earnhardt is one of the most iconic race car drivers ever. He died during the last lap of the Daytona 500. Not the Indy 500.

maga hat on american pickers

I have been watching American Pickers for 8 years. When I viewed the episode with the man in the maga hat I was displeased and offended. Allowing this hat to be televised makes a political statement, and one I am opposed to. That hat stands for racism, misogyny and putting babies in cages. American Pickers has always been enjoyable and interesting but somebody signed off on allowing this political statement. I will no longer support this program.

• Le
    Leslie Nipps Sep 14, 2019

history channel app

Why on earth can't you figure out how to have a functioning, fast, and glitch-free app for he fire stick. You just released a changed app, and if anything, it's worse! It crashes ALL THE TIME! It doesn't save my place on the show I'm watching because it crashes and glitches and runs slow so much that the damn thing doesn't even know it's own name.

I would also like to second the comments about how you're supposed to be the history channel, not the idiot Americans doing contemporary idiot things. Please put some actual history shows on your network. A suggestion would be a show that goes through the history of the world chronologically. It would help students especially.

Please at least fix the damn app, I'm so tired of it. For a network like you to have such a bad app is laughable and also unacceptable in this day and age.

service itself

You decided that instead of using this HISTORIC day to show things on Apollo you decided to show a movie that is completely not about Apollo. Also are you not the history channel and not the ancient aliens and American pickers Chanel? Your supposed to show HISTORIC events not some stupid reality TV show crap. I wish you would go back to what you used to be a good channel mostly on historic documentaries and modern marvels

thomas edison was not the original inventor

Please Google: In 1881 an African American named Lewis Howard Latimore along with Joseph Nichols patented a method for making carbon filaments which allowed light bulbs to last for hours. http://scottberkun.com
African Americans are responsible for many of the world's inventions, but never recieve recognition for it. Please investigate your stories more thoroughly before making a TV documentary, namely, "America, The Story of Us. Ben Franklin was not the first did to harness and discover electricity . www.universetoday.com

american pickers

I am disgusted that you would let a segment be made with Mike and Frank making purchases from an obvious racist. Dealing with a man wearing his MAGA hat made me quite angry. Allowing him to do so makes me question your love of this country and shows me you are not objective and will do anything for a buck just as this person's hero does. I have noticed in recent years you have strayed far afield from supplying actual historic facts and are broadcasting more reality type shows .

• Er
    ers99 Jul 02, 2019

You do not accept anyone that does not goose step with your views, you play judge and condemn everyone as racist or some other like type word. People such as you are a danger to these values that have built this nation. You do not like the MAGA hat, so you call the person a racist. Your childish and narrow minded, typical of those with your mindset. You call for inclusiveness, but only on your terms and lack of values. You disgust me.

• Me
    mesaman Jul 04, 2019

History Channel! Shame on you. Your reliability just got dumped, in my opinion. Why? July 4, 2019, a segment of "America/Story, The Civil War. You mention the importance of the Colt .45 revolver and the American Cowboy. Not so! The .45 was a joint venture between Colt and UMC and the entrance of the .45 long colt (often referred to as the Colt LC .45) was 1872 and accepted by the US Army in 1873. Not available to the public for some three or four years after that. Where were the "experts" when developing the history of the US? I now place you in the same quality of fact checking as MSNBC, CNN, and the ABC-CBS-NBC. In short, the National Enquirer quality of facts.