The Bricklies/insults & lack of professionalism

W

I don't wish to go into a long drawn out explaination of our treatment while dealing with your store in Kamloops because I don't think theirs enough room to tell you about it. But I do want you to be aware that in the last year, we have purchased about or over $5, 000 worth of merchandise at the Brick, we went into your store to purchase a couch table that was promised...no guaranteed to be reduced on the 30th of Oct. (we were given an invitation that was signed by the manager as well as some one else) and was told to come back on the 30th and we would be happy with the price. We waited until the 30th (approx. a week & 1/2) returned to the store and was told by the very salesman that they decided not to have a sale and we would have to pay full price for the item. I pulled out the paper that said otherwise and he took it from me and gave it to the manager who proceed to insult us by telling us the best he would do is 5% off. I told him that it was an insult and that we were guaranteed a lower price, the sales rep. proceeded to cover his ### by telling him that he said no such thing, Both myself and husband were standing there when he said it. So now we have been lied to, insulted and called liars. I told the manager of all the items we had purchased through the brick (including an entertainment center just a couple of weeks before) and that we also wanted to purchase livingroom furniture as well and that he could kiss that sale and any other sales from us good bye. We left your store and drove up to City Furniture, told them what had happened, they assured us that we were treated unjustly and that the paper the manager signed should have been honored. We purchased our furniture from them, were treated very well. We will never set foot in a Brick again, we will tell our experience to whoever we can so they won't be treated the same way as so many others have obviously. (reading the complaints of other, it's an on-going issue)
City Furniture is a much nicer place to shop, they know how to treat the consumer and they have our business from now on.

• Ke
    kerlyq Feb 09, 2009

I too was treated like an inconvenience for them when i bought a bed that "HAS NEW TECHNOLOGY MATERIAL" that resists "sinking in" body molds into the mattress because there was a prob with that over the past few years. this bed was supposed to be superior...guess what happened in less than 1 month...yep, so i asked for a refund and they said they would replace with a new bed of the exact brand/model...wait, do they really think im stupid enough to get the exact same one? apparently.
    then they completely write me off saying to contact the manufacturer and that its unfortunate... (why the hell did i go to the brick?) Kamloops brick is a rip off (i kept this short even though there's enough that happened to me to write a 3 page complaint. If anyone reads any of this, save your money and shop ANYWHERE ELSE than the brick. no customer service.

• Dc
    D. Cruz Mar 27, 2009

You know guys this is coming from someone who owned a store and closed it down, the public needs to inform themselves a bit better about how retail works, store owners do not manufacture the product and can only go on the assurances of the suppliers, if a supplier does not want to honor a warranty or a claim a store owner can not take the hit, that is where brand pre purchase research must be done by the consumer. Store owners have to deal with an incredible amount of overhead to bring these products to the public at potentially what can be substantial losses, therefore it is always important that you do your research prior to spending the money. The only other way that you can get the product is by going directly to the manufacturer and avoid having a display room with people to provide service and therefore when something goes bad take it up with the manufacturer. Don't mean to sharp about this but ignorance is not an excuse.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices