Texas Roadhouselousey ft worth ribeye

R

Ordered my usual 12 oz Ft Worth ribeye like I have for 10 yrs and got a "steak" that was 1) one half to two thirds the thickness of the former Ft Worth Ribeyes; 2) so tough and full of fibrous tissue i couid neither cut it nor chew it - even though it was med-rare as I ordered it (yes, they got that part right).

As an old "Steak & Ale" guy that knows what a good steak is, Texas Roadhouse has apparently joined the club that serves an inferior piece of (soup) beef that is not anywhere near the quality that I have enjoyed at that establishment for years. My read: yup, the price of beef has become exhorbitant, but the slugs that come into this place would leave in droves if they had to pay what it costs the restaurant to provide a good ribeye. So we just get junk and keep the price the same. I guess, lucky for you, these "folks" are just out to have fun and socialize, and dont have a clue what a good steak is.

But I used to come in there for good steak, I'm not a cheapskate. If I order a ribeye, I'll pay what it costs. Just make triply sure its a ribeye of your usual quality.

My advice: Jack the price up to $19.00 if ya have to..or just drop it from the menu altogether, maybe with some comment to the effect that ribeyes are real expensive and maybe come up with a cheaper but for Gods sakes, palatable alternative.

But don't without any compunction think you're gonna pawn off that junk at the same price and in the same place on the menu and think that I'll ever come back. I don't cotton to being treated like a stooge. And you also lost 3 other people from your regulars - we all examined that piece of junk.

Not a way to run a restaurant. At least not as long as people like me are around and aren't fluffed by all the atmosphere. Nope. A steak is a steak. That's what we go there for - no...that's what we USED to go there for.