Texas Direct AutoPoor Service Poor Company

I went to Texas Direct Auto to look for a truck. I saw the listings online and thought that they had what looked like good vehicles at good prices. When I got there, I was totally taken back by several things.

First of all, they actually have a wait in order to get some order taker to help you. I thought that this was strange, but I decided to stay anyway. About 10 minutes later, an order taker came up to us and introduced himself. He asked us what stock numbers we were interested in. The order takers over there have no idea what is on their lot or where anything on the lot is so the customer has to look up stock numbers on one of several computers around the store. We did this and gave the order taker our choices.

The old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words is not true at this joint. A picture is worth a thousand lies here. One truck we saw was so beat up I have no idea how they got the pictures to look as good as they did. The second truck smelled like paint or paint thinner. We actually drove this one, a Tundra, and the thing was a piece of crap. I do not know how anyone can tear a truck up mechanically as bad as the previous owner did while driving it only 40, 000 miles, but they managed. The third truck we looked at was a Dodge with a Hemi in it. I could barely keep the thing on the road during the test drive because the front end was out of alignment so badly. I can not believe that the dealership actually allows their customers to drive such an unsafe automobile. The fourth truck was in such bad condition that when we put the key in the door to unlock it, the door would not unlock because the mechanism was broken.

I finally found a truck that was in good shape. It was an 09 F150 with only 6, 000 miles on it, so there really was not that much time for the truck to be broken hence it was a good truck. We get in it and it is so empty that I did not even get it out of the parking lot when it ran out of gas. Since it was basically a new truck, I decided to go in and deal the order taker on that truck.

Now is when it really gets funny. The order taker told us that in order for him to even run our credit, we would have to make a deposit of $500.00. If we changed our minds about buying the truck or were not approved for credit, Texas Direct Auto would keep the $500.00 deposit. I had never heard of such a thing. I told the order taker that he was crazy and walked out of the dealership.

I use the term order taker because with the lack of service that they provide, these people are not sales people.

I would not recommend that anyone ever visit that dealership. This place sells substandard vehicles that they try and pass off as cream of the crop inventory. I only hope that people in general get smart and learn to avoid these no good snakes in the grass so the place can go out of business!!

I really feel sorry for those who buy online over Ebay only to get their car and realize that they bought a piece of junk!! I have no idea how these people keep a 100 percent positive feedback rating on Ebay. They are the worst of the worst in the car business.

• To
    Tommy Derouen Dec 08, 2010

If you take in the numbers that Texas Direct Auto sells, and the number of complaints they are doing a good job offering consumers a way to shop from a safe environment . The reason most companies have complaints is from growing to fast as they did. I'm sure all the complaints have more than there share of merit, but they have made history in the auto industry. It is only a matter of time before corporate america gets on board. The owners have written the blue prints to show them how to make it happen. So as they work out ways to do away with the complaints you will find yourself buying vehicles online in the future.

• Er
    Ernest Danilak Jul 18, 2010

I also feel this company Is terrible. I am presently looking at buying a used truck through e-bay . I have presently found on numerous
    occasions 1's that I like at Texas Direct . I am living in Canada so getting to look at the vehicle is not an option for me . Under many circumstances
    I have left e-mail's (both dealer & salesman directly) & to this day I have not even received a call or e-mail back. What kind of business runs
    like that . Yes the pics look awesome & from what I see they look to very clean vehicles . But as I read stories they are not what they are in reality.
    Yes I will continue to look at the pretty pic's, but will NEVER try to purchase 1 of there rides thanks to the stories & the lack of salesman's feedback.