Texas Direct Auto Logo

Texas Direct Auto

Having problems with Texas Direct Auto?

Texas Direct Auto Customer Service Contacts

+1 281 854 2542 (Clear Lake (League City)
+1 281 854 2523 (The Woodlands, TX)
+1 832 462 1191 (Memorial, TX)
+1 281 921 3030 (Katy, TX)
+1 281 854 2548 (Cypress, TX)
+1 281 921 3434 (Kingwood, TX)
+1 281 921 3436 (Tomball, TX)
+1 281 921 3597 (Downtown, Houston, TX)
+1 832 430 4450 (Galleria (Westheimer)
12053 Southwest FWНБ Highway 59

Downtown
1301 Leeland St., Houston, TX 77002

Galleria (Westheimer)
7730 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Texas Direct Auto Customer Service. Initial Texas Direct Auto complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Texas Direct Auto above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Texas Direct Auto. Discuss the issues you have had with Texas Direct Auto and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Texas Direct Auto Complaints & Reviews

Texas Direct Auto — Extended Warranty

I purchased a car from Texas Direct Auto on 6/21/10 and was sold an extended warranty for an additional $1...

Texas Direct AutoPrice Discrepancy

I found a BMW on eBay that I was interested in, and called the number provided for the "buy it now" price. The salesman (Johnny) gave the price, and instructed me to call back with a card number to leave a $500 deposit. I called back, gave my info, and the gentleman I spoke to immediately removed the eBay posting. Before I authorized the transaction I asked what the bottom line, out the door price with TTL would be. I was told it was on another screen and it would take awhile to locate, to which I replied that would be fine, I'd wait... He gave me a price, which I was already told by Johnny. Johnny told my boyfriend the same price. After I authorized the $500 deposit charge, we received a call saying we owed a significantly higher amount than previously stated three times... I called back to speak with Johnny who immediately became defensive and rude and yelled over the phone. I told him I asked the "out the door" price and it was significantly lower. During that conversation, I told him I could not pay that higher amount and his reply was that he would NOT under any circumstances refund my deposit. He argued with me and said he could go back and listen to the recorded conversation and would return my call, and hung up on me. I have yet to receive a returned call. I immediately called my bank to stop payment. Luckily my bank quickly stopped the payment. These people were rude and defensive and extremely unprofessional.

Please, do NOT do business with these people. They're scam artists. I wish I had found this site before I dealt with them. I also found out they have a BBB score of "F."

Texas Direct Auto — Horrible Experience

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Experience!!! I put in an application and for a whole week I had to call everyday...

Texas Auto Direct — fraud and scam

My husband and I flew from Alabama to Texas to pick up a car purchased online from Texas Auto Direct. When we...

Texas Direct Auto / Toyota 4-RunnerFailure to Deliver Vehicle

On March 1, 2010, I purchased via phone a vehicle from Texas Direct Auto and put a $500 deposit on my credit card. That day, I received the paperwork via e-mail. I immediately completed the paperword and sent overnight priority delivery and wired the remaining $25, 230.14 which included a $600 fee to deliver the vehicle. After that, I heard nothing from the dealership. I placed numerous calls and sent numerous e-mails to the dealership which were ignored or was told that the shipping manager or someone else would get back with us on shipping information. However, they did not. After 2 weeks, I called to ask to speak with Customer Service Manager. Diana took the call and said that someone would call me right back. No one called back. I called again and asked to speak with the General Manager or Owner. They said that they were not allowed to transfer calls to this person. I again called Diana and she became defensive and began yelling. I called back and got the Director of Finace Todd Yarbrough. I told him that I did not want to do business with them and asked for a refund. He said that it would be wired the following day. I sent an email to him to confirm our conversation and he said that it woudl be sent by check when he could get 2 signatures but would not committ to when that would be. I provided him with an overnight delivery account information and requested a confirmation number of it being sent. He did not respond. No one ever apologized or offered to correct the problem. They stated that they were the #1 dealership in the US and were very arrogant & disrespectful. I still have not received any information on when I will get the refund. When you wire someone $26k in cash, you should expect that some treats your money with respect and courtesy.

I have never filled out a complaint on any business. This is the most unprofessional business I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

Texas Direct Auto — Dishonest auction practices

Placed a bid on a vehicle at Texas Direct through ebay. The bid exceeded the reserve price the dealer had on...

Texas Direct AutoDeposit Fraud

I saw a car on ebay and read further in the details... It said call for buy it now !!! So i called to see what the deal was, the salesman told me that if I wanted the car they could end the ebay auction immediately and take an additional @1000.00 off the price, and all they needed was a $500.00 deposit. Let me tell you folks the car in the pictures was amazing!!! Not the case when I arrived to see the vehicle!!! This piece of ### didn't even look like the car on ebay!!! Not to mention that I was waiting around for almost 3 hours while they "went to bring the vehicle around!!" I checked there ebay feedback and they have thousands of satisfied customers with thousands of positive feedback reviews!!! I wish I would have checked here first.. I can promise youanything I purchase from now on I will extensively check out the company first.. To make a long story short, they woulnd not give me a refund and I didn't take possesion of the car!!! They are cyber criminals and from reading these posts.. I think they should all be put into jail...

• Lu
          Lucretia_Borgia Jan 09, 2011

Nothing on the internet requires people to be ethical and truthful. Why would you put money down on something you had not seen in person yet? Since you probably did not pay through PayPal, you have no arbitrator rights--which they knew since they dealt outside of eBay. Report them to eBay as well.

I was car shopping in November 2010 and stopped by a local dealership (Tom Roush in Indianapolis) to see a used car my husband had previewed and wanted me to see. The sales guy I asked about the car found out the manager had allowed the car to be driven home by an employee but tried to strong arm me into making on offer on a car I had not seen (only picture). I told him I was not comfortable talking money on something I had not driven yet. I listened to his crap a little longer and left; refusing his follow up phone calls. And car salesmen wonder why they get no respect.

You may be able to take them to small claims court for very small fee since you've lost your $500 deposit. I'd also call any consumer news stations in their town and try to get them to do a story and write the local newspaper. Report them to the Better Business Bureau as well. Bad press may make them do right by you.

Texas Direct Auto — Unethical Ebay dealer

The facility at Texas Direct is very impressive, however you must make sure absolutely everything is perfect...

Texas Direct AutoDon't do it

Don't do it. Save yourself the agony. These cars are cheap for a reason. I purchased an Audi Q7 still under factory warranty. I felt really great about my purchase for about a month until I took it to the Audi dealer for service and really discovered what poor condition the car was in. bad brakes, missing parts, broken parts etc. I feel like my car was ran through a chop shop before getting it "show ready" for sale. I do however have to take responsiabilty for not sending it to a mechanic before buying it, but I figured what do have to worry about, it is still under factory warranty.

Texas Direct Auto — Downpayment Scam

Texas direct auto advertises and holds auctions on ebay. The cars are also located in Houston Texas at a huge...

Texas Direct AutoTerrible Service

I purchased two vehicles from Texas Direct Auto. A G-35 infinity and a Hummer H2. Both vehicles look great.
          One thing I have noticed on both vehicles is they always spray paint over the front bumper area and the undercarriage. They do this with no prep work so it washes off in a car wash in a couple of months and then you see the real paint with many rock chips or scratches. Thats not so bad but it did cost alot to get it fixed on both vehicles.
          Second it takes several hours to get help when you arrive at the dealership and that is putting it mildly. I had and issue with the Hummer with the DVD player not working and the car driving almost sideways it was so out of alignment and the tire in the front was bad. The salesmen said not to worry he would get me a new dvd player and for me to have the front end fixed and send him the bill. Well as of today 8-30-10 I still have no dvd player and this is almost 2 months later. I have called no less then a min of 20 times and have documented each time incase of having to take it further, the vehicle was so dirty inside that I brought the salesmen outside to explain my dissatisfaction of buying a pre owned certified car. It was not checked out at all and I dont believe they do any more then put a key in it and see if it starts . I can prove this since the hummer tells you what percentage of oil life is left for your vehicle and it was at a big (0) ZERO. So the bs that the cars are checked out is a bs story. I have had no problems with it so far but they sell you a load of cow crap..I am not going to buy again from them but you do save money but you will have to put our money after you find the hidden damage.
          And by the way my salesmen even quit after I bought my car so I guess the customers arent the only one s not satisfied. Good luck Gary Cason and good move.
          Jack

Texas Direct Autouse them before they use U

Texas Direct Auto is a great place to use a bunch of users. Test driving a car is there specialty. So go there test drive a handful of vehicles and get out. We drove three cars they were all extremely dirty and one smelled horrible. Every vehicle we saw had alot of miles for the price. I told the so called sales rep (Jason Anderson) I was just looking from the start. When we where done and ready to go he was shocked. He said I wasted his time and made him work to hard retrieving the cars. This guy worked with us for about 30mins. This guy was all smiles then turned on us in a blink of an eye. I you want to buy a nice vehicle at a good price go to a dealership don't waste your time with these con artist.
            If you are an illegal alien or Obama lover these are your people. USE THEM DON'T LET THEM USE U.

• Ri
                Rickdon Dec 02, 2011

The prices are reasonable but the service is less than good. I purchased a vehicle from them in November 2011. As far as certified pre owned I would have another company check out the vehicle before buying I asked the sales person when the oil had been changed he said he had no idea. We waited forever for the vehicle to be brought around after all the paperwork had been completed. I bought the vehicle as is but they offered to paint the hood because it was in less than decent shape as far as paint. When the vehicle was taken home my Wife was going through the glove compartment and found a piece of paper with the state of Pennsylvania on the letter head I told my Wife it was probably built up north. I had purchased a tool box and I wanted to mount it with the bed bolts I crawled under the truck and noticed the underneath of the truck was completely rusted so therefore the truck was from up north was never told that by Texas Auto Direct. I guess they would not want to tell you that. Basically they have decent prices but be very careful with your purchase look over it carefully top to bottom front to back I would be purchase another vehicle from them but would be real real cautious with the next purchase. And to add to the insult they will not fill the vehicle with fuel I left with a fuel light on and had to hope I mad it to a fuel station.

• Mu
                munchies321 Nov 12, 2011

What a waste of time. If you're thinking about buying a vehicle from this dealer i recommend you think twice. I found a vehicle i was interested in. After 3 hours of waiting and filling in paper work, the manager comes up to me and says that the price on the vehicle is incorrect. The price the computers in their system was different from the price on Ebay (7, 000 dollars difference). Is that false advertisement or what??? i have pictures to prove it. They didn't want to work with the price and the manager Mr. Carranza kept trying to wash his hands saying that its not his fault. For those who think that visiting the place just to test drive their vehicles please listen. As i was waiting for the vehicle i chose to test drive, an employee pulled up a car for a couple. The woman and the man were about to drive this car without it being inspected. A customer leaped out of his seat to tell the employee that one of the tires was completely flat. Guess who they would of blamed if the car would of driven off the lot with a flat?

Texas Direct Auto — SCAM!

Texas Direct has numerous cars listed on Ebay. I saw a Volvo s40 listed and called them about it. Of course...

Texas Direct AutoVehicle not as advertised

After numerous searches online for vehicles, I narrowed it to an 07 Yukon Denali XL that I found on EBAY that was listed through Texas Direct. I called the listed agent (Jimmy Gloff) to inquire about the vehicle and how this process worked. I was told about the $500 deposit and since I wasn't going to use EBAY, that they would knock $500 off the price and that would cover the reserve price. I secured the vehicle by placing the deposit on my credit card. I was not able to get a visual on the vehicle since I live in Wyoming but I believed the pictures provided on line were sufficent. When I got to Texas Direct, the vehicle was in their shop. Jimmy Gloff told me that they were having a problem with the navigation system. After waiting some time, the vehicle arrived at their front door and Jimmy then told me that the Navigation Disc was bad and that he would have one shipped to me. After finally getting to inspect the vehicle, there was alot of interior scrapes and scratches that you were not able to pick out in the pictures. Figuring the money I that I saved, I could replace those pieces and still be money ahead. On my way back home, I overheated about 300 miles north of Houston. Come to find out later, the head gasket was leaking. GM warranty covered this problem. The cruise control also did not work. Not being from the area, I was not going to get on the Interstate to test this. I am glad that I purchased the extended warranty. Back to the original problem, the Nav system. After a couple of weeks, I contacted Jimmy Gloff about the Nav disc and he then told to go ahead and order my own disc and that Texas Direct would reimburse me. The disc did not solve my problem. I had the problem diagnosed and it turned out that the Nav/Stereo unit was bad and would have to be replaced. Jimmy Gloff told me that Pat Tucker, the service manager, would have to handle it. After many emails went un-answered, and after at least 10 phone calls and and finally get 1 returned, I was able to explain the situation and Pat told me to provide him the p/n of the unit and the cost of installation and he would take of it. This conversation finally took place on June 28th and I emailed Pat the info he had requested on June 29th. I have called and emailed since and have not received any contact back. Here it is, July 14th, almost 3 months after I purchased the The Yukon and the main problem I had when I left Texas Direct is still a problem today. What they may save you in money does not cover the lack of customer service provided. I anyone would still choose to purchase a vehicle from Texas Direct, I would highly recommend having everything done before you leave because after you leave, you are just another number in there 0-60 million quest!

JOan366 Nov 02, 2010

On October 28, 2010, I and my husband went to Texas Auto Direct in Stafford, Texas to purchase 2005 Hummer H2. We saw the Hummer H2 online at Ebay and we called Texas Direct Auto and spoke with salesman Mr. Darren Deshay and we expressed our interested in this vehicle. We were told by Mr. Deshay in order to reserve this vehicle, we would have to put a $ 500.00 deposit down to hold this vehicle. He also stated that we were not happy with the vehicle or it did not agree as advertised on Ebay we would receive our $ 500.00 deposit back. We agree to the $ 500.00 deposit and the vehicle matching the advertisement stated online. The $ 500.00 was paid with our debit card on Saturday, October 23, 2010.

My husband and I went (October 28, 2010) We waited at the dealership for 30 minutes before the Hummer H2 was brought to us for a test drive and to inspect it. Upon inspecting the vehicle, we noticed several things wrong with this vehicle. Listed below are some of the things we noticed wrong on the vehicle.

§ driver side door panel had a two holes in it

§ three cigarette lighters were missing

§ oil on the engine

§ white paint stains on the outside of the vehicle

§ vehicle not cleaned

§ missing a side panel on the side walls of the vehicle

§ and many other areas that needed to be address

We feel Mr. Deshay was very untruthful about the Hummer H2 listed online at Ebay. He lied to us over the telephone about the Hummer H2. He just wanted to make a sell and receives our money for this vehicle. This is false advertisement! we do not receive our deposit .we will be going online telling others customers about this company false advertisement and to beware of this company. We are very disappointed in this incident and I DO NOT want Texas Auto Direct to repair this vehicle for us. We have lost ALL trust and faith with this company and all we want from Texas Auto Direct is our deposit for the amount of $ 500.00.

The Manager and the Salesman were very rude and we would hope they do not treat other customers in this manner. My husband and I DO NOT want to do business with a company that is dishonest, scam and disrespect to their customers. We Want everbody be aware they are NOT TO BE TRUST...

Texas Direct Auto — complaints, rip-off, reviews

I wish that I would have found this website before I ever considered buying a vehicle from this fraudulent...

Texas Direct Auto — The quality of the car I bought

Ok, enough is enough folks. I have been buying cars; luxury & sports cars from Texas Direct Auto now for over...

Texas Direct Auto — Beware! Texas BBB rating? F

TEXAS BBB Business Review Reliability Report for Texas Direct Auto as of May 2010 Rating: F Based on BBB...

Texas Direct Auto — bad business

I am not an unrealistic person, I realize buying a used car does not come with the assurance of a quality...

Texas Direct AutoFalse Advertisement

I'm currently in Iraq working for the army in support of OIF. I bought a 2006 F-150 that I found on EBAY from this dealership. I needed a vehicle for when i came in on leave to carry my kids on vacation. I had the vehicle shipped to my mothers home through their delivery service because they offered a buy back guarantee with it. When it finally made it there, it was in such bad shape mechanically that it could barely be driven to the dealership to be inspected. Long story short. They advertised the truck to be in excellent mechanical condition, a one owner with 30k miles. The ford dealership found that the transfer case was shot, the rear shocks were leaking and shot, the transmission wouldn't go into overdrive and it was making a knocking coming from the driveline somewhere. I'm currently working on getting it back to them, but they are giving me a really hard time about returning it on that so called buy back guarantee. I have to pay to have it shipped back to them and then they will inspect it and consider whether or not to return my 25k dollars that I payed for the vehicle. THIS DEALERSHIP IS A SCAM. THEY LIE ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE VEHICLES AND FALSELY ADVERTISE THEIR CONDITION. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

False Advertisement

• Ki
                    Kismet Nov 02, 2010

I will be looking for your feedback on e-bay, I hope I see at least 1 negative or feedback on e-bay is worthless

JOan366 Nov 02, 2010

• Ki
                    Kismet Oct 28, 2010

Thanks to everybody on this site, I had 7 cars on my watchlist(not cheap ones
                    either) from Texas Direct. I might not believe a couple of people with buyers
                    remorse but that many complaints to the BBB and none to EBAY does not Compute. Deleted Texas- Direct. Keeping Motor-Trends, and E-Carone
                    Thanks again

Texas Direct Auto — Horror Stories

Buyer Beware: Texas Direct Auto has an F Rating from the Better Business Bureau, and has a slew of complaint...