Texas Direct AutoExtended Warranty

M

I purchased a car from Texas Direct Auto on 6/21/10 and was sold an extended warranty for an additional $1, 931.00 that was called the MasterTech Vehicle Protection Program. We were given all of the paperwork on the warranty. We had an issue with the car and took it in to be repaired. We gave the dealer the warranty information (Ron Carter Cadillac) and they informed us that the Administrator informed them that Texas Direct Auto had never submitted the policy to them and they are required to do so within 60 days of the sale. I have now been informed that the warranty is null and void. I have had difficulty getting anyone to call me back from Texas Direct Auto. I will attempt to have the charge reversed through American Express, but feel that I have been cheated.

• Dk
    DKCollins Sep 10, 2013

I bought my truck 11/2011 and took it in 9/8/2013 for repairs on the rear window switch, transmission slippage, airbag light .
    There was a TSB issued for the transmission therefore they said it was listed as maintenance and not covered.
    Luckily the transmission only needed the spline cleaned and lubed.
    The air bag sensor was found to be bad on the front bumper and Master tech would not cover it.
    They covered the window switch.
    I was stuck with paying 280 dollars and Master Tech paid 160.
    It sucks to pay almost 3k for a warranty and then not have coverage on critical items.
    The salesman told me if anything goes wrong the warranty will cover it. His words not mine.
    Be carefull dealing with Texas Direct Auto.

James122 Nov 23, 2011

This company is awful. I did my due diligence and read up on my warranty before I took it into the dealership to get worked on. I have the "Ultra" warranty, which is supposed to be the best coverage they offer. I read off of their website the exact details of the warranty and the claims specialist I spoke with explained to me that these items fall into a broad category of excluded coverage. It was quite a grey area but on paper it looks black and white. They were able to conveniently put these included coverage items in an excluded parts section. I called them out on it and they said they could have one of their people come out and look at it. They explained it would take a week for them to have someone come out. This company is a joke. I'll probably purchase another car from Texas Auto Direct just so they can offer me this warranty again and I can laugh hysterically at them.

• Ef
    Efron36 Oct 07, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me. The only thing they would do at first is refund my $1834. The cost of my repair was $2154 and would have been covered under the warranty that was never turned in. After all was said and done they did make it right by covering the $2154 by paying out of pocket for my repairs. On top of covering my repair cost they gave me a new warrenty for 24 months or 24000 miles, when I only had 8000 miles left on the original warranty that was never even valid . Even though they made things right, and I actually came out on top without paying a dime. I should have never been in that position to begin with if they would have done their job right the first time.